Video: Reid calls Fred “old-fashioned”

posted at 8:44 am on June 28, 2007 by Allahpundit

Which is true in one sense, of course, but very much untrue in another. But never mind that. Focus instead on what this left-wing reporter from the very left-wing PoliticsTV is asking him. She wants him to answer Fred’s charge that the nutroots cretins to whom Reid panders regularly are a bunch of Truthers and America-haters. Reid’s response? Hey, I’m new-fashioned.

Click the image to watch.

reid-fred.jpg

Comments

Harry Reid blinks alot, too. Perhaps he and Pelosi are not human but manmade.

Harry Reid says Fred Thompson and Gen. Petreaus are “out of touch”. If Harry Reid is “in touch”, I’ll take “out of touch” any day.

ctmom on June 28, 2007 at 8:48 AM

And he doesn’t even know he makes a fool of himself every time he speaks…hell every time he wakes up he’s a lost fool.

davy on June 28, 2007 at 8:48 AM

not in tune with the modern wave of communication

Oh, I guess the fact that Fred has so far basically run his campaign on the bloggs counts for nothing. Your right Harry, Fred’s completely old-fashioned and out of touch.

ritemama on June 28, 2007 at 8:51 AM

Watching fred? and reid argue is like watching two retards call each other poo poo heads.

csdeven on June 28, 2007 at 8:52 AM

Harry Reid: unfashioned.

So this is “progressive,” huh? No wonder the kidz love this guy.

saint kansas on June 28, 2007 at 8:53 AM

Regardless whether the US Senate is in the hands of the Democrats or the Republicans, shouldn’t we in either case expect a Senate Majority Leader who’s at least a little bit interesting? This guy is as colorless as a bottle of Evian.

radjah shelduck on June 28, 2007 at 8:55 AM

Harry is the one who needs to get “real” and quit frontin’ on the F-Dog, fo shizzle.

saltydogg14 on June 28, 2007 at 8:55 AM

Anyone who believes one word this man says has to be a brainwashed liberal. Reid could possibly be the most incompetent person to ever lead the Senate. Not only is he crooked as a dog’s leg, he makes no attempt to hide it.

volsense on June 28, 2007 at 8:56 AM

I’ll say this much…he has a very high quality toupee there.

IrishEi on June 28, 2007 at 8:57 AM

csdeven on June 28, 2007 at 8:52 AM

Thanks, right when I was drinking the last of the cereal milk, and you had to send it through my nose.

DCA on June 28, 2007 at 8:58 AM

I think he’s afraid the camera pointed at him will steal his soul.

I believe they banned 9/11 conspiracy talk at the Daily Kos so that won’t be all they talk about.

frankj on June 28, 2007 at 8:58 AM

volsense on June 28, 2007 at 8:56 AM

It’s amazing that he doesn’t try to hide it. It’s either arrogance or just plain stupidity.

csdeven on June 28, 2007 at 8:59 AM

Reid seems to think that the term “Old Fashioned” is denigrating. Typical liberal mindset. If the world shared his views it would be a cesspool of valueless vegetables.

Vaporman87 on June 28, 2007 at 8:59 AM

How in the world did this guy get in power?
No Personality
No Concept of reality
No Brain
What really gets me is this guy is suppose to lead our senate… democracy? More like Demo-Crazy.

tshell on June 28, 2007 at 9:01 AM

Don’t get me wrong Harry….but you look like you have been up all night playing the nickle slots.

Limerick on June 28, 2007 at 9:02 AM

I happen to like old-fashioned…things like honor, morals, integrity. Dingy Harry apparently has none of these.

ritemama on June 28, 2007 at 9:06 AM

Wow! What a rock star huh????
I agree with Vaporman, if being “old fashoned” is the worst cut this tool can come up with, we might as well go ahead and knight Fred now.
How about it AP? Time to photoshop and new face on that Tank photo?

conservnut on June 28, 2007 at 9:07 AM

csdeven on June 28, 2007 at 8:52 AM

I’m more inclined to think of it as a useful tool attacking an indecisive mule.

How in the world did this guy get in power?
No Personality
No Concept of reality
No Brain

tshell on June 28, 2007 at 9:01 AM

He’s a liberal idiot with no conscience who won’t stand against the Party Platform, among other human and inhuman failings.

BKennedy on June 28, 2007 at 9:09 AM

Reid believes the constitution is a “living document” so of course this fool would think of Fred as old fashioned. Its not the use of the internet. its a core belief in the constitution that makes him (Fred) “old fashioned”.

palefaced on June 28, 2007 at 9:15 AM

I think Reid was originally supposed to be just a front man for the hard left egg suckers in the Senate like Kennedy, Boxer, Schumer, etc. They’d pull the strings and he’d mouth the words. Now he seems to have gone over the edge mentally. Even the likes of Tom Daschle look sane compared to this egg sucking clown. He belongs in a mental institution not in the Senate.

Frank Nitti on June 28, 2007 at 9:20 AM

Harry (Clay Pigeon) Reid may be suffering from an ailment common among men unable to handle their job.

The Fear of Being Found Out.

Harry is old fashioned, he knows it and is doing his best (yes that is his best) to hide it.

TunaTalon on June 28, 2007 at 9:22 AM

Do you have to be “new-fashioned” to hijack the senate? How about to ignore the rule of law? To believe in “truth-ism”? How about fire will not melt steel?

Should I go on or should he go off? You decide.

On-my-soap-box on June 28, 2007 at 9:23 AM

I’ll say this much…he has a very high quality toupee there.

IrishEi on June 28, 2007 at 8:57 AM

The best rug that casino money can buy.

Kid from Brooklyn on June 28, 2007 at 9:24 AM

It’s funny how he says that Fred is old fashioned and therefore doesn’t understand at all this new medium (blogosphere), when in fact Fred knows this medium better than 10 Harry Reids put together.

Harry is either oblivious to that fact, or is himself clueless about blogosphere. Either way, he’s too arrogant to make any sense. The fact that what he said makes so little sense will only discredit him and make Fred more popular. Keep talkin’

AlexB on June 28, 2007 at 9:27 AM

This coming from a guy who looks like a humanoid molded out of cobwebs?

profitsbeard on June 28, 2007 at 9:28 AM

It’s show time! Reid’s on with opening comments and announcements.

IrishEi on June 28, 2007 at 9:33 AM

This guy is in charge of something? Really?

Metro on June 28, 2007 at 9:53 AM

Just take a close look at old Reid and you can tell that he’s a modern day trendsetter and a true intellectuall giant. Can this get any worse?

rplat on June 28, 2007 at 9:57 AM

He’s taking acting lessons from Mike Gravel.

Attila (Pillage Idiot) on June 28, 2007 at 9:58 AM

Reid got into power because of my stupid fellow Nevadans.

Mojave Mark on June 28, 2007 at 10:28 AM

I’m more inclined to think of it as a useful tool attacking an indecisive mule.
BKennedy on June 28, 2007 at 9:09 AM

Yes, that is more accurate but not as funny. :-)

csdeven on June 28, 2007 at 10:36 AM

“Mr. Thompson should get real and understand what’s going on in our world.”

I have now had my monthly dose of irony.

Grafted on June 28, 2007 at 11:49 AM

Personally I was hoping that Fred would ride in and show leadership ability during this ShAmnesty thing but he didn’t. Fred should have seen this as a huge opportunity. Of the Presidential candidates only Tancredo stood up with us and did more than just talk.

Buzzy on June 28, 2007 at 12:47 PM

Kos never said anything about 9/11 that justifies calling him a “truther”, and of course, your “HATE AMERICA” is just another kneejerk Republican reflez. Fred Thompson is defining hypocrisy by whining about Reid talking to bloggers while he himself is kissing the asses of conservative bloggers. But hey, Fred Thompson pandering to Hot Air, run by a woman who once mocked Japanese-Americans who were thrown into internment camps.

Yeah, dude, Thompson sure has the moral high ground here.

Fragility on June 28, 2007 at 12:55 PM

By the way, for conservatives on this blog to idolize Fred Thompson while lamenting Edwards “fakeness” is pretty amusing considering that Fred Thompson rented a pickup truck to campaign on in Tennessee to try to perfect his good old boy credentials and would then drive off in a Lexus. There’s nothing more condescending and pathetic than that in Southern politics.

“Look at me, boys! I’m reading around in a good ol boy automobile! Ok, day’s over, someone park this piece of shit around the corner, where’s my Lexus?”

Fragility on June 28, 2007 at 1:06 PM

with the defeat of the immigration bill today, looks like the fashion police arrested you Harry.

pabo on June 28, 2007 at 1:24 PM

May be old fashion, but in fashion nether the less.

Credibility Harry, credibility. Continue to pander to the truthers and other nutroots. It’s will make you a credible nut.

Kini on June 28, 2007 at 1:31 PM

Harry Reid, three words. Pot. Kettle. Black.

You, sir, are hideously old-fashioned and woefully out of touch; Stuck in the 1960s ad infinitum.

Lori_Z on June 28, 2007 at 1:40 PM

Limerick on June 28, 2007 at 9:02 AM

BINGO!!!!

Dave Shay on June 28, 2007 at 1:51 PM

That was funny! So, the modern way of communication is to side with the enemy? Oh, wow, I guess I am old fashioned too then…

ketket on June 28, 2007 at 1:55 PM

Reid is in office by being elected repeated by the number of voters that it would take to be elected president of a local PTA in a normal state. Backed by special interests in Las Vegas, he is locked in to the seat and will be there until he dies, which seems to have happened a couple of years ago.

volsense on June 28, 2007 at 2:06 PM

If Reid’s new fashioned, then I’m Mrs. Universe.

His remarks on the talk radio are in his mind a perfect timing for ratcheting up the Fairness Doctrine. I say “bring it on”. The country’s in the perfect mood for the next smackdown. It’s High Noon and I love it!!!

Entelechy on June 28, 2007 at 2:20 PM

As opposed to what? Being dead and not knowing enough to lay down and shut up? Sorry, I can’t look at Reid with thinking of Dennis Miller’s CSI reference anymore.

PowWow on June 28, 2007 at 4:31 PM

Buzzy on June 28, 2007 at 12:47 PM

Umm, don’t forget Hunter and Huckabee. They can’t get their message through the press blockades, but they stand up and holler for the truth.

Freelancer on June 28, 2007 at 5:28 PM

Fragility on June 28, 2007 at 12:55 PM

Don’t let the door smack you on the way out, mmk?

Entelechy on June 28, 2007 at 2:20 PM

You too feel the silver lining recently? This amnesty debacle has raised political awareness a significant degree. Let’s hope a fullblown fight over the fairness doctrine does likewise. The only chance this republic has for a good future (without a revolution) is if citizens engage, reearch, and communicate with those they’ve elected regarding serious issues. When the congresscritters discover that people will actually fire them for not representing them, we have a chance. Until then, they will play the teflon autocrats that they currently believe themselves to be, Harry Reid first among them.

Hey Dingy Harry, do you feel lucky, punk?

Freelancer on June 28, 2007 at 5:35 PM

I think Reid – and quite a few other Democrat Congressmen – started out thinking of the moonbats as just another resource to be used. They figured: “Hey, I know: I’ll just drop a few subtle conspiracy winks and nods into my speeches here and there. Hey, what could possibly go wrong?”

Then, oops, it turned out his non-psychotic supporters started backing away from him. So then he had to pay a little more lip service to the moonbats, and it just sort of spiraled down from there. Before he knew it, he was spending all his time in the moonbat cave – screeching right along in harmony with them. And you can’t do that without paying the price.

Reid isn’t pulling the strings anymore. He stopped using the moonbats a long time ago; now he’s stuck on their wavelength.

logis on June 28, 2007 at 7:31 PM

If I found myself in Reid’s situation, with an approval rating equivalent to Scooter Libby’s, I wouldn’t be throwing stones at anyone right now.

Ryan Gandy on June 28, 2007 at 11:56 PM

My goodness, why doesn’t he just show us the lobotomy scar. How in the hell will America survive this man’s self worshipping leukotomy?

Griz on June 29, 2007 at 12:47 AM