Audio: Voinovich humiliates himself in shamnesty debate with Hannity; Update: Cloture votes down to 60?

posted at 6:33 pm on June 27, 2007 by Allahpundit

A travesty. He’s the personification of the bill’s ills: ignorant of and incurious about its weaknesses, confused as to what’s in it and what isn’t (per his comments about Kay Bailey Hutchison’s amendment), and worst of all brimming with arrogance at the nerve of conservative proles to be angry about this issue. This clip ought to push those confidence-in-Congress poll numbers into single digits, assuming they’re not there already.

He also appears to have only the vaguest sense of what the Fairness Doctrine is. Rest easy tonight knowing that in these capable hands may rest the fate of the nation’s immigration policy.

Link: sevenload.com

Update: I don’t want to get your hopes up but there may be a cameo tomorrow by Humping Robot.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3

Did he cry?

JayHaw Phrenzie on June 27, 2007 at 6:40 PM

Yet another intellectual light!

Spirit of 1776 on June 27, 2007 at 6:43 PM

Hannity seemed to know more about the bill (and it’s implications) and the Fairness Doctrine than the clueless senator. I was embarrassed for the guy.

ulyses on June 27, 2007 at 6:44 PM

I listened to this on my way home from work. Voinovich basically hung up on Hannity, after being unable to answer simple yes or no questions about the amnesty bill.

It made the ride home through Atlanta almost bearable.

HarryBalzac on June 27, 2007 at 6:44 PM

I just ate a peach that had more intelligence than this guy.

madmonkphotog on June 27, 2007 at 6:47 PM

I heard this on the radio earlier today. Completely and totally embarrassing, hopefully this guy gets a serious primary challenge when hes up for reelection.

Complete7 on June 27, 2007 at 6:51 PM

I’m not the biggest fan of Hannity’s format but I love it. Way to go Sean.

If I couldn’t keep track of what’s been happening at work in the past few days I know I’d be fired. Too bad it’s not so easy to fire a Senator.

FireDrake on June 27, 2007 at 6:51 PM

I’m from Ohio and I would vote for a chimp before I’d give Voinovich my vote again. That interview was disgraceful and showed Voinovich’s cluelessness.
We need to put an end to the lobbying system so that when we send people like Voinovich home, they cannot come back.

JJ Trueheart on June 27, 2007 at 6:51 PM

I heard this earlier today.

Voinovich is an embarrassment.

Sean gave him every chance to make his case and all he did was show what an incompetent boob he is.

I do hope this debate brings some ‘new blood’ into the Senate (and House, for that matter).

BobH on June 27, 2007 at 6:52 PM

Apparently Voinovich is Serbian for “complete and utter douchebag.”

ReubenJCogburn on June 27, 2007 at 6:52 PM

Is he learning impaired?

sunny on June 27, 2007 at 6:52 PM

Oops, sorry Mrs. Edwards.

sunny on June 27, 2007 at 6:53 PM

I just ate a peach that had more intelligence than this guy.

madmonkphotog on June 27, 2007 at 6:47 PM

darn, you could have put the peach up against Voinovich

aclark on June 27, 2007 at 6:54 PM

We use the term “dumb” a lot in our culture, perhaps too much, but with this guy there’s just no other word for it. He’s dumb.

Jim-Rose on June 27, 2007 at 6:55 PM

Boy, this man is voting on our behalf. He’s clueless. I’m afraid to say the fix is in and that man is not going to change his mind and doesn’t want to change his mind. I wonder who bought him off.

Zetterson on June 27, 2007 at 6:55 PM

The only people we should blame is ourselves for voting these morons into office. I think this is the reason why they, congress the senate, thinks this can be shoved down our throats. I think George Norie is right, there is outta space aliens here on this planet and have mind control over these idiots. Intimidation….??? How about listening to your constituents!!! What a hissy fit!

Nail him to the wall Sean. This sh!t eating fly that he is.

It’s time to clean house on them all! Starting with Voinobitch!

Kini on June 27, 2007 at 6:57 PM

Time to clean both houses.

Kini on June 27, 2007 at 6:58 PM

Yeah – I heard this – I was hoping you guys might post it. Hannity isn’t always the best arguer – but today he dropped the bomb on son of a Voinovich.

whatthecrap on June 27, 2007 at 6:59 PM

What a jerk. He doesn’t even know what the law says. Ohio vote this guy out.

unseen on June 27, 2007 at 7:00 PM

At least Goober Lindsey Graham has some competition for Biggest Tool in the Senate. And to think, this moron succeeded Dennis Kucinich as Mayor of Cleveland. That city has sure had some assclown mayors.

Frank Nitti on June 27, 2007 at 7:00 PM

Voinovich is an idiot. Hannity is so insufferable rude, I had to force myself to finish listening to the clip. I wouldn’t have finished if I didn’t think immigration to be such an important issue.

There comes a point with Hannity at which we have to ask if he is more of liability than a benefit.

thuja on June 27, 2007 at 7:00 PM

He’s got “forty years in this business” (!) and he doesn’t know what The Fairness Doctrine is?!

How in the bloody heck is this guy even in office?!

Citizen Duck on June 27, 2007 at 7:01 PM

darn, you could have put the peach up against Voinovich

aclark on June 27, 2007 at 6:54 PM

Don’t panic, maybe he saved the pit!

Nosferightu on June 27, 2007 at 7:02 PM

Fairness Doctrine? He was for it before he was aginst it before he was for it……

On-my-soap-box on June 27, 2007 at 7:02 PM

Unbelievable.

This guy has no clue on what is going on in America.

Ohio Voters: flood his office phones with calls!!!

ColtsFan on June 27, 2007 at 7:03 PM

It was brilliant!

Ropera on June 27, 2007 at 7:03 PM

Wow … Look Voinovich, I don’t care what’s in your bill. This is what I want in my bill.

- Secure the borders … Now!

- Crackdown on illegal hiring … Now!

- With the exception of life or death medical treatment, let it be known that within six months ALL services will denied anyone not here legally. Let that be known … Now!

- Pass an amendment changing the 14th Amendment. Anyone born in the US must meet specific requirements to acquire US citizenship, including being born to LEGAL parents. Include in this change, language making English the official and only accepted language in the US.

This is my bill. It’s not loaded down with bullcrap designed to pander for votes.

There will be much teeth nashing by businesses and pro-amnesty groups, but after the dust settles we’ll have once again, a sovereign nation.

darwin on June 27, 2007 at 7:03 PM

I listened to this on the radio going home and thought Hannity was spot on. Voinovich squirmed all over the place, typically politician like, and never gave a straight answer. And Voinovich’s ignorance was astounding.

How is it rude to ask a question and expect a straight answer?

Mommynator on June 27, 2007 at 7:03 PM

JJ Trueheart on June 27, 2007 at 6:51 PM

Bushitler is running for Senate?

jeffNWV on June 27, 2007 at 7:05 PM

I’m tired of this all-or nothing “Are you happy with the current system” argument.

John Q. Public: “That house is on fire!”

Senator Schmuckatelli: “I propose throwing this bucket of gasoline on it!”

JQP: “Are you nuts? Don’t do that!”

SS: “Are you happy with the current fire? Do you want to do nothing?”

JQP: *smacks forehead*

MikeZero on June 27, 2007 at 7:05 PM

Hubby and I heard this and couldn’t believe Voinovich; good for Hannity for climbing down his throat and not letting him off with his lame non-answers.

I have a question.. orthogonal to this topic, but would still appreciate help on it.

Does anyone have a contact in a Senate office (with a staffer, pref. GOP), that perhaps wouldn’t mind me asking some questions about how a Senate office is run? I’m writing a book with a political theme and want inside scoop on what it’s like in a Senate office, in order to give it an authentic feel.

If you do know of someone you can email me (or they can), at: comments(at)theright-stuff.com .

linlithgow on June 27, 2007 at 7:06 PM

Voinovich’s awkward laughter combined with his shameful ignorance brought to mind the old saying about ignorance being bliss.

Probably he’ll be laughing all the way to the bank.

FloatingRock on June 27, 2007 at 7:06 PM

I’m nearly speechless after listening to this.

Why do we keep electing idiots? Why do we keep electing hypocrits? Why do we keep electing unethical jerks who will vote against the wishes of the country in order to enrich themselves?

My son will be 18 on his next birthday. He will be able to vote. He will have to register for the draft and pay his own taxes. HE IS PAYING ATTENTION. Sadly, I fear that many citizens old enough to be my son’s parent or grandparent are not paying attention.

Right now, I feel like I’m watching Rome burning. My hope is that the legal voting citizenry take care of this cesspool at the ballot box.

I fear the voting citizenry will not.

surfhut on June 27, 2007 at 7:06 PM

“I’m all for the fairness doctrine, whatever that is…”

sigh.

BadgerHawk on June 27, 2007 at 7:07 PM

Side Show Bob for Senate!

Editor on June 27, 2007 at 7:08 PM

J.J. Trueheart on June 27, 2007 at 6:51 PM

I agree with you completely.

I was proud of Senator Voinovich when he walked out of the so-called “Global Warming” hearings because he thought that listening to a bunch of Hollywood types who thought the sky was falling on their mansions was a waste of the Senate’s time and the taxpayers’ money. (I concur.) And I voted for him twice for Governor and twice for Senator, in spite of his rather wishy-washy stance on the Ohio concealed-carry law (that went into effect after he left the Governor’s office). I was willing to accept that we might differ on that subject, but find common ground on others of equal import.

But after his performance in the Senate these last two weeks, and this clueless performance, on this very important issue, I’m through. As far as I’m concerned, he should go back to teaching college, where the expectations of professors these days are low enough that he shouldn’t have any problem fulfilling them.

Unfortunately, he isn’t up for re-election until 2010.

Recall petition, anyone?

cheers

eon

eon on June 27, 2007 at 7:08 PM

To be fair to Voinovich, Sean Hannity has always had it in for Republicans. Pure ambush radio.

billy on June 27, 2007 at 7:08 PM

What a pathetic excuse for a United States Senator

greggish on June 27, 2007 at 7:10 PM

I can’t get my jaw off my chest. I am stunned. Not going to be intimidated by the voters. Well then. You know on the bright side there will be plenty of cheap labor to help move these Senators possessions back to where ever they intend to start their lobbying careers.

ronsfi on June 27, 2007 at 7:11 PM

I have had better debates with my 6 year old.

Voinovich is a weasel.

heatherrc77 on June 27, 2007 at 7:12 PM

No, but tell you what, you can go to The Capitolist if you want to know what staffers really think. It’ll open your eyes…

jdawg on June 27, 2007 at 7:12 PM

Good lord, what a dolt . . . oh well, at least he didn’t cry. Where in the world do the come from?

rplat on June 27, 2007 at 7:15 PM

That was pitiful. Good on Hannity for holding Senator “V is for Vapid” to account for his ignorance of … pretty much everything.

sulla on June 27, 2007 at 7:19 PM

Hi.

I’m a blubbering idiot.

Sincerely,

George Voinovich

thirteen28 on June 27, 2007 at 7:19 PM

Dementia is a horrible thing- no joke.

Valiant on June 27, 2007 at 7:20 PM

Have you ever been only half-listening to the radio and then you hear something that makes you lean back in your chair?

That was the Hannity/Voinovich interview.

Zach on June 27, 2007 at 7:21 PM

That was the Hannity/Voinovich dust up.

Zach on June 27, 2007 at 7:22 PM

I just think it is so funny when all these racist loons call or write complaining about the immigration bill. They want us to vote against the bill, but do this,this, and this. Yet they have no clue at all. They don’t realize that most of the points they bring up are already being addressed in this bill. You tell them that and they don’t believe you. Why? Because they heard something else from some f**kstick like Lou Dobbs….you know…because he knows more about what is actually in the legislation than say…A F**ING SENATOR’S OFFICE! No, you’re right! Some nitwit retard who doesn’t know how a bill becomes a law knows more about this bill than we do. F**ing morons…

–yeah, it usually becomes apparent about 30 seconds in to the majority of immigration calls that the person on the other end of the line isn’t against any certain measure in the bill…he/she’s just a f**ing racist.

Yes, the Capitolist will give you lovely tidbits like this, and yes we evidently do not more about the bill than these loons on the Hill.

ProudPatriot on June 27, 2007 at 7:22 PM

know more

ProudPatriot on June 27, 2007 at 7:23 PM

Voinovich sounded incoherent and completely lost in that interview which, for these days, means he’s obviously well qualified to sit in the Senate these days.

normsrevenge on June 27, 2007 at 7:24 PM

I just ate a peach that had more intelligence than this guy.

madmonkphotog on June 27, 2007 at 6:47 PM

and probably the same number of nuts

Wade on June 27, 2007 at 7:26 PM

Forty years of political experience, huh? No wonder he can’t find his ass with both hands. With people like him in office it’s no wonder this country is going to hell in a hand basket. What a schmutz.

Brass Pair on June 27, 2007 at 7:26 PM

Senator Voinovich will be supporting a bill to seize all talk radio archives no doubt. Doesn’t this guy have staffers to brief him to the point where he at least appears aware of what is going on?

MCPO Airdale on June 27, 2007 at 7:26 PM

wow. that was fun. bye bye Voinovich. have fun with your pension.

wryteacher on June 27, 2007 at 7:31 PM

Any primary challenger to Voinovich should just ride around Ohio blasting this interview over a loudspeaker.

Zach on June 27, 2007 at 7:31 PM

Yes, the Capitolist will give you lovely tidbits like this

And this: voters are stupid

And lots of references to interns…

jdawg on June 27, 2007 at 7:31 PM

I called the last office he lists on his site because all the others were busy…the woman who answered was nice but tried to tell me that he knew what was in the bill. I told her, no, he didn’t have a clue. I then called the Senator from Ohio, I think (I’m getting lost with all phoning and emails) and asked if he had read the 378+ page bill…his young lady said yes and I then asked how that was possible since they are finishing and correcting it as we spoke. She did say that he would not (ready?) vote if he didn’t know and understand the bill….hahahahaha!!!!These people are a complete joke.

sharinlite on June 27, 2007 at 7:31 PM

Apparently Voinovich is Serbian for “complete and utter douchebag.”

ReubenJCogburn

Our first language lesson folks. I knew he was a tool when the went the other way during the Bolton confirmation hearings. The dolt is clueless just like Bush.

warpmine on June 27, 2007 at 7:31 PM

God I love the smell of burning Senator in the morning. “It smells like Victory.”

stanfil2 on June 27, 2007 at 7:33 PM

thuja on June 27, 2007 at 7:00 PM

Hannity was just trying to get his questions answered. Voinovich was just blabbering on. Hannity did us all a service by exposing this assclown for what he is, bought and paid for.

Sammy316 on June 27, 2007 at 7:36 PM

INHUMANE LAW? WHAT PART?
Under Title 8 Section 1325 of the U.S. Code, “Improper Entry by Alien,” any citizen of any country other than the United States who:
• Enters or attempts to enter the United States at any time or place other than as designated by immigration officers; or
• Eludes examination or inspection by immigration officers; or
• Attempts to enter or obtains entry to the United States by a willfully false or misleading representation or the willful concealment of a material fact;
has committed a federal crime.

Violations are punishable by criminal fines and imprisonment for up to six months. Repeat offenses can bring up to two years in prison. Additional civil fines may be imposed at the discretion of immigration judges, but civil fines do not negate the criminal sanctions or nature of the offense.

DfDeportation on June 27, 2007 at 7:36 PM

and probably the same number of more nuts

Wade on June 27, 2007 at 7:26 PM

Fixed it!

heatherrc77 on June 27, 2007 at 7:37 PM

INHUMANE LAW? WHAT PART?

The part where we actually have a BORDER.

That’s racist, y’know.

jdawg on June 27, 2007 at 7:39 PM

First Voinovich complains about not enough time to speak; Hannity offers him an hour. He then says he was only supposed to be on for 5 min. Hell, he spent the first five minutes demonstrating he is an incompetent bafoon(fairness doctrine oh that sounds nice?) and later, a total pansy in a debate. Ohio must be so proud, Voinovich is alarmingly ignorant.

christophercube on June 27, 2007 at 7:43 PM

Apparently Voinovich is Serbian for “complete and utter douchebag.”

ReubenJCogburn on June 27, 2007 at 6:52 PM

Bing. Douchebag.

Jaibones on June 27, 2007 at 7:44 PM

Am I the only one who felt strangely EUPHORIC after listening to the Voinovich (rhymes with SonOfA*****) interview?

Here’s why:

I’ve been entertaining the SPP.Gov conspiracy theories, just because this death defying piece of legislative doggerel refused to die, and it makes NO SENSE, serving no one who’s a legitimate USA citizen..

Ahh….but stir in a few of the “black helicopter” spp.gov rumors, and the invisible hand of “THEM” suddenly starts to seem more likely than sheer idiocy.

Then came VOINOVICH…..LOLOL…….What an idiot! I feel so relieved! …….I think……

Keith_Z on June 27, 2007 at 7:45 PM

There it is, the perfect example of our politicians today. Bloated, elitist, coasting on name recognition for 30(!) years. I guarantee you, 80% of our Senators and Congressman are the same or worse. Sean kicked his ass.

bmac on June 27, 2007 at 7:49 PM

Voinovich is a complete disgrace. I sort of expected to be treated at least politely by my own Senator but it sounds like he thinks that we ‘Ohio Voter’s’ are trying to bully him. I’d just like for him to quit crying on the Senate floor and have some sort of knowledge of the issues. Portman for the next Ohio senator!

tanmany2k on June 27, 2007 at 7:50 PM

Mr. V: “If you’re going to ask me tough questions, well then, I’m just going to have to hang up on you.”

The ultimate moral authority: I’m a Senator, you know.

And, as far as his knowing what is going on:

Knowledge? We don’t need no stinkin’ knowledge!

profitsbeard on June 27, 2007 at 7:51 PM

I heard this on the way home from work. Brilliant piece of work from Hannity today. He grates on my nerves with repetition sometimes, but this was wonderful.

CrimsonFisted on June 27, 2007 at 7:52 PM

Come on humping robot. An ironic metaphor involving a machine that can’t get no satisfaction – for a victory of popular desire, but it works for me!

Spirit of 1776 on June 27, 2007 at 7:53 PM

Many great comments. But what are WE going to do about this clown or 1639 for that matter?

I can email and fax and phone but I’m looking for something far more effective. Sen. Feinstein and Boxer just aren’t listing to me. Suggestions?

AlanCates on June 27, 2007 at 7:58 PM

Mr. Burr, one of my NC Lords in the House of Lords, has both of his mailboxes full. Probably has the phones off the hook, but I will attempt to call him tomororw. This will by my 3rd call on the same issue…the only issue I have ever cared enough about to bother contacting him or Mrs. Dole. His lack of respect for me and thousands of others will not go unpunished.

SouthernGent on June 27, 2007 at 7:58 PM

This just infuriates me. All these Senators know about this bill is what their staff briefed them on for talking points, and when questioned, can’t answer. It’s the same for every piece of legislation they sign. This should be an important lesson on how these con-men operate.

bmac on June 27, 2007 at 7:58 PM

Voinovich is my state senator and he is the biggest POS in politics. He NEVER answers e-mails or phone calls, NEVER. At least Dewine answered, even if they were generic e-mails or automated letters and were never in agreement with anything I had to say. But Voinovich just doesn’t care. He is not, and never has been, a conservative. Gosh darn it, I cannot stand this man.

Glynn on June 27, 2007 at 7:58 PM

Nothing would make me happier than to see Humping Robot.

Bad Candy on June 27, 2007 at 7:59 PM

I haven’t called any Senators’ offices up to this point. But now, with Humping Robot on the table, I’m calling up a storm tomorrow.

Give us Humping Robot, we must have Humping Robot!

RW Wacko on June 27, 2007 at 8:00 PM

Hannity drives me insane, but as long as he embarrasses these clowns, whatever.

I still hope to see that celebratory Humping Robot…

Bad Candy on June 27, 2007 at 8:01 PM

billy on June 27, 2007 at 7:08 PM

And yet…he’s right and the Senate Tool is wrong. Go figure.

I personally can’t stand listening to Hannity “debate” people, so I turn off the radio when he does…but this time, he was on point, never resorted to name-calling, and was absolutely correct.

tickleddragon on June 27, 2007 at 8:02 PM

Wow, I’m really not a Hannity fan, but wow.

I keep thinking nothing these idiots could do would suprise me, but then “hey, let’s open offices in Utah and Alaska to fight illegal immigration” and “don’t worry, Sean, I’m in favor of the Fairness Doctrine!”

MamaAJ on June 27, 2007 at 8:04 PM

After listening to that interview I first thought that Voinovich came across as a moron becaust of his nervious laugh when he didn’t really understand the issue.
However cold analysis shows:
1. He did not know what the fairness doctrine was.
2. He had not read the bill.
3. He had no idea what the bill would cost.
4. He was wrong about the status of an ammendment.
5. He did not know that dingy Harry has changed the rules so that he could NOT make more admendments.

Logic and facts aside, he still came across as a total imcompetent. Senator? I’m shocked, shocked I say.

TunaTalon on June 27, 2007 at 8:05 PM

The people of Ohio must be so proud.

What a moron.

Drew on June 27, 2007 at 8:06 PM

SouthernGent on June 27, 2007 at 7:58 PM

Myself as well, fellow North Carolinian. Burr is toast in that office. Burrnt.

tickleddragon on June 27, 2007 at 8:07 PM

Voinovich is an arrogant and ignorant tool.

I’ll be the pot calling the kettle black here. Why the hell do the people of Ohio elect this pompous ass?

This is coming from a guy in Connecticut who also has tools for Senators who appear to have a birth right to the office.

voiceofreason on June 27, 2007 at 8:14 PM

I’ve been attempting to do my part for humping robot.

I wrote (on behalf of my sister in Utah) Bennett who was said to be on the fence about the last vote and voted yes and read him the riot act.

Then I wrote Hatch (who was said to be on the fence and voted no) and thanked him for voting no on the first cloture and urged him to vote no again on the second cloture.

Then, I wrote Senator Bond on behalf of my mother in Missouri and read him the riot act. Strongly encouraged him, now that his amendment had failed, to vote no on cloture. Reminded him that a yes vote on cloture was the same as a yes vote on the bill itself.

Finally, because I love acts of futility, I wrote my own two CA senators. I might have a chance with Boxer, since she is also supposed to be on the fence about this bill (although for different reasons than me). I encouraged her to vote no on cloture because it’s still a horrible bill (Hey, I don’t care why she votes no, so long as she votes no). With Feinstein, I doubt I have a chance, because she’s been in love with this bill from the beginning (needs people to pick those winery grapes!)….still, figured I’d write her and tell her how I feel.

Hopefully, at least some of these people will vote “no” tomorrow.

I want my humping robots (and my country)!

JadeNYU on June 27, 2007 at 8:14 PM

I heard this too. As soon as Voinovich said “I support the Fairness Doctrine, whatever that is” I knew it was going to be all downhill. For all his faults, I thought Hannity handled it perfectly. He was respectful and just tried to get answers to simple questions. But they’ll use it as ammuntion to support the Fairness Doctrine.

ctmom on June 27, 2007 at 8:17 PM

The part when he gets all ruffled and talks about how he won’t get intimidated, and that people are telling him they weren’t going to vote for him…that needs to be a permanent sound bite that we should listen next November.

WisCon on June 27, 2007 at 8:18 PM

“Fairness Doctrine, I think everyone should be fair, I am for it.” So states Voinovich. To be shut down by Hannity, you have to be pretty stupid.
Hannity made him sound like a fool…think about it, we have a senator dumber than Hannity.

right2bright on June 27, 2007 at 8:21 PM

come on humping robot!

cougfan on June 27, 2007 at 8:22 PM

They haven’t even read the damn bill yet.

They haven’t read the damn bill.

Wanna know why this senator was so clueless? All he knows about the bill is which way his masters told him to vote. That’s all he or any of these other bastards know about it.

We’re going to find out who the masters are.

unamused on June 27, 2007 at 8:25 PM

right2bright on June 27, 2007 at 8:21 PM

Scary isn’t it?

Bad Candy on June 27, 2007 at 8:28 PM

Vote all them out of office.

Another freeloader who thinks people whom they represent that disagrees with them have no rights.

Fire them all.

All he wants is to attack talk radio because talk radio will not put up with their bs.

investwize999 on June 27, 2007 at 8:29 PM

I heard it live this afternoon and couldn’t believe what I was hearing. He didn’t get Sean’s fairness doctrine joke because he didn’t even know what it was. He boasted that the wishes of voters who did their patriotic duty of paying attention and calling their representatives didn’t intimindate him because he’s been in office for over 40 years. blablabla

You know what these guys want? They want the American people just stay out of their business and go about their lives and just let Washington be Washington. You get the impression from these idiots that they think we’re living under a monarchy of kings, queens, princes and princesses and what they say goes and they don’t even have to let us in on any of it. NEVER. (Except on April 15)

Joshua P. Allem on June 27, 2007 at 8:32 PM

Ohio Republicans need to put this interview on DVD and mass mail it. It is a hell of a lot better then donating to the Ohio Republican Party or the RNC. Mail it to every household in Ohio. Do that, and a candidate who understands the people are listening and watching will be available to replace this clown. Fight back. Since he is impervious to ‘intimidation’ try humiliation instead.

Limerick on June 27, 2007 at 8:32 PM

if that was a baseball game the mercy rule would’ve been brought out to save Voinovich from himself

Defector01 on June 27, 2007 at 8:33 PM

Sean Hannity has always had it in for Republicans. Pure ambush radio.

Asking questions and expecting them to be answered is ambush radio? What’s your rubric for a ‘good’ interview? Keith Olbermann slobbering all over Bill Clinton’s pant leg and handing him a check for a charity? Most of the criticisms I’ve read of Hannity is that he’s too chummy with the politicians. I was glad to see him drop the hammer on cry-baby Voinovich. These RINO weiners hide behind their spokespeople dictating to the American people; get them out from behind their handlers and they know 2 things..jack and sh*t. Hannity embarrassed him. And Rinovich deserved it. I’d love to see someone do the journalistic equivalent of punting Lindsay Gramnesty across the room. I would love to see him explain his way out of his La Raza pandering. Man, these guys make it so easy to loathe them.

austinnelly on June 27, 2007 at 8:39 PM

One third to 40 percent will return to Mexico. Just where did he get these numbers? Thanks jdawg for the link to the Capitolist. Nice to know that these staffers think that I am a racist idiot.

dawgyear on June 27, 2007 at 8:48 PM