Audio: Voinovich humiliates himself in shamnesty debate with Hannity; Update: Cloture votes down to 60?

posted at 6:33 pm on June 27, 2007 by Allahpundit

A travesty. He’s the personification of the bill’s ills: ignorant of and incurious about its weaknesses, confused as to what’s in it and what isn’t (per his comments about Kay Bailey Hutchison’s amendment), and worst of all brimming with arrogance at the nerve of conservative proles to be angry about this issue. This clip ought to push those confidence-in-Congress poll numbers into single digits, assuming they’re not there already.

He also appears to have only the vaguest sense of what the Fairness Doctrine is. Rest easy tonight knowing that in these capable hands may rest the fate of the nation’s immigration policy.

Link: sevenload.com

Update: I don’t want to get your hopes up but there may be a cameo tomorrow by Humping Robot.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3

Voinovich voted against closure! Maybe Sean got to him after all.

Mig on June 28, 2007 at 12:08 PM

Well I’ll be…guess Voinovich can read after all…not the bill, but his supporters anger.

right2bright on June 28, 2007 at 12:31 PM

captivated_dem on June 28, 2007 at 11:53 AM

Class act, classy post.

right2bright on June 28, 2007 at 12:40 PM

Voinovich voted against closure! Maybe Sean got to him after all.

Mig on June 28, 2007 at 12:08 PM

right2bright on June 28, 2007 at 12:31 PM

Guess one of his staffers/advisers told Senator Clueless he better vote NO since he pretty much admitted he had no idea what was in it!

SSG Fuzzy on June 28, 2007 at 1:18 PM

I think Bugs Bunny says it best “What a Maroon”! I can’t believe that was a United States Senator. He actually hung up the phone during a debate he couldn’t win with words. Liberalism at it’s finest.

repvoter on June 28, 2007 at 1:24 PM

Somehow, over the past 231 years or so we have created an aristocracy in the country. The Senate, the House, the presidency no longer serves the people. We exist to only serve the royal ones. They travel and live like royalty and we as their subjects must never question their judgements.
Voinovich, is a perfect example of all of this. He thought Hannity was there to entertain him. Oh Sean, do some juggling bit or such. What? You dare question me? How dare ye?
I was never in favor of term limits until now.

hoosierken on June 28, 2007 at 8:04 AM

I could not agree more with your post. Maybe it is time for another Tea Party.

ScottyDog on June 28, 2007 at 1:47 PM

Most of these Congressman look way pass retirement age. Why the hell don’t they leave office and retire? Is the power and prestige so strong they don’t ever want to leave. And we keep putting them in office because we think that the more seniority they have the more they can do for “our” state.
You would think being so clueless would embarass them, but it doesn’t. And if they ever loose an election they go on to be lobbyist and continue to do damage.
I think of what the French did to their royality.

mag5435 on June 28, 2007 at 3:26 PM

Hannity completely undressed this guy! Its so sad to see such an uninformed Senator who is willing to cast such a monumental vote while being in such a state of ignorance.

ericire12 on June 28, 2007 at 4:48 PM

That was some amazing radio.

Locrian on June 28, 2007 at 8:39 PM

As an Ohioan, I think next time I’ll just write in Jim Tressel. Or maybe Dog the Bounty Hunter. Or maybe a rotten pumpkin. Would it really make a difference?

moonbat monitor on June 28, 2007 at 9:31 PM

Voinovich needs to stop crying…he’s becoming an annoying nuisance. Stop it already.

MsUnderestimated on June 28, 2007 at 11:43 PM

Voinovich: I will NOT be intimidated!

(click)

Sean: Senator?…Senator?…Hello?

Teddy on June 29, 2007 at 12:50 AM

What a jerk. He doesn’t even know what the law says. Ohio vote this guy out.

unseen on June 27, 2007 at 7:00 PM

Working on it.

Bellicose Muse on June 29, 2007 at 8:28 AM

“I’ve been here forty years and no one has voted me out yet so $#%@^ you Ohio and the United States. Lindsey and I know more than you so stop trying to confuse me with the facts because I go on how I feel.”

srhoades on June 29, 2007 at 12:23 PM

What the Sen. calls “intimidation”, I call democracy.

Every elected representative should feel “intimidated” in that way on every vote they cast.

Thanks for finally getting the message Senator, kindly pass it along to your colleagues.

JBinCA on June 29, 2007 at 4:55 PM

Pardon me Senator… didi I hear you say “let them eat cake“?

bloviator on June 30, 2007 at 9:22 AM