Hot Air Video: A vote for cloture is a vote for amnesty

posted at 10:03 am on June 26, 2007 by Bryan

Our third anti-amnesty attack ad.

Update:
Sen. Inhofe has set up an online petition against amnesty.

Comments

Best one yet.

amerpundit on June 26, 2007 at 10:05 AM

We will need to make all pols pay next election.

TheSitRep on June 26, 2007 at 10:06 AM

Excellent. That was excellent.

Spirit of 1776 on June 26, 2007 at 10:09 AM

Tell the Senators not to pull a John Kerry.

You can’t vote for it before you vote against it!

This is zero hour.

Valiant on June 26, 2007 at 10:10 AM

BTW, Republicans won the Capitol Hill baseball game last night 5-2. I know you all were awaiting that news with baited breath. Back to the phone lines.

amerpundit on June 26, 2007 at 10:13 AM

Earth to Senators Bond, Burr, Cochran, Ensign, Gregg and Hatch: ILLEGALS ARE NOT YOUR CONSTITUENTS!!

Bigfoot on June 26, 2007 at 10:16 AM

Best one yet = Ditto.

Jaibones on June 26, 2007 at 10:28 AM

As of yesterday afternoon,Orin Hatch has disconnected his comment line and replaced it with a recording asking you to leave your phone number.

When our elected representatives no longer care what their constituents think, we have Tyranny.

Call your senators today folks, keep up the pressure.

http://www.numbersusa.com has a free fax service to voice your opposition to the Zamnesty Bill

ScottyDog on June 26, 2007 at 10:29 AM

Can’t get through to Ensigns office in DC and his local offices will still be closed at the time of the vote.

csdeven on June 26, 2007 at 10:30 AM

I look at all those pasty faces of upper class allegedly Republican white men flash across the screen and all I keep thinking is: what are you well- to- do white guys so guilty about that you could possibly be ambiguous about the rule of law, the safety of the country and the will of ALL your legal constituants no matter what their color or ethnic origins?

During WWII the US government rejected, literally, boat loads of Jews fleeing known and certain death in Europe. Now there’s something to be all guilt ridden about …

Bush needs to ‘fess up too. You guys seem as guilty as hell about something concerning , particularly it seems ,people of Mexican descent. What is your damage?

Senor Don’t Know of NH is still not knowing how he’ll vote as of 9 am this morning …

mittens on June 26, 2007 at 10:33 AM

I called Sen. Burr’s office AGAIN. I asked that the Sen. vote against cloture. I live in North Carolina.

2theright on June 26, 2007 at 10:36 AM

I JUST got off the phone with NH Senator Greggs office. I was told he has released NO official response to which way he will vote on cloture.

Pretty convenient, since it’s going to be voted on in about an hour.

I am so disappointed that he hasn’t even publicized his opinion. If he votes for this thing, I think I’ll have fun email and phone call bombarding him for a while, just to remind him he will never see my vote nor my money again.

I hope he does the right thing here.

Hey Michelle, you have any of that Mexican money we can put his picture on so I can mail it to him…daily?

proudinfidel on June 26, 2007 at 10:38 AM

These senators had better remember the expression “Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned.”

And substitute “constituent” for “woman” for the full impact on their futures.

profitsbeard on June 26, 2007 at 10:55 AM

What’s next? A vote – did planes hit the towers? Geeezzz How simple can we make it for them?

A vote for cloture is a vote for amnesty.

There, it is said again!

On-my-soap-box on June 26, 2007 at 11:03 AM

Thank you thank you thank you…We’re down here on the border and we can see this country disappearing inch by inch.

I just listened to a 3rd grader (on Right wing Radio!) talking about the propaganda that he has to endure about global warming, illegal immigration and terrorism. This is a kid from our children’s public school system. I’m still wiping away the tears. I guess that’s better than going on a rampage.

Call them senators. Us Mexifornians can’t do it alone.

Christine on June 26, 2007 at 11:11 AM

Per Laura Ingraham’s show, Coleman is voting for cloture!!!!

She just had a conversation with one of his top aides and he said Coleman will vote for cloture but not for the bill if his amendment does not pass.

Laura let him have it.

TheBigOldDog on June 26, 2007 at 11:15 AM

Right on Bryan!

countywolf on June 26, 2007 at 11:34 AM

Repeal the 17th Amendment and enact term limits.

eanax on June 26, 2007 at 12:12 PM

Could someone please explain to me what the hell cloture means? I keep hearing this word and finally had to look it up in my handy dandy vest pocket dictionary. And the word wasn’t even there. I’d be willing to bet 90% of the American people don’t know what this word means. I have a feeling it translates to something like “we’re screwed?” Little help smart people of Hotair…

soulsirkus on June 26, 2007 at 12:14 PM

Cloture:

“The only procedure by which the Senate can vote to place a time limit on consideration of a bill or other matter, and thereby overcome a filibuster. Under the cloture rule (Rule XXII), the Senate may limit consideration of a pending matter to 30 additional hours, but only by vote of three-fifths of the full Senate, normally 60 votes.”

eanax on June 26, 2007 at 12:18 PM

Wikipedia has a good explaination of Cloture

speed911 on June 26, 2007 at 12:26 PM

Sorry, I guess I would help if I knew how to post a link.

speed911 on June 26, 2007 at 12:28 PM

Thanks eanax. You are a smart person! Hopefully we can get enough no votes to replace the “t” in cloture with an “s” and make it closure. That word I do understand…

soulsirkus on June 26, 2007 at 12:35 PM

soulsirkus on June 26, 2007 at 12:35 PM

oooo…good word play. I LOVE a good play on words, soulsirkus!

NO CLOTURE – GIVE US CLOSURE. A VOTE FOR CLOTURE IS A VOTE FOR AMNESTY!!

tickleddragon on June 26, 2007 at 12:54 PM

I live in AZ but not in Kyl’s district. Still I felt the need to send him a gift for all his hard work in flipping over on this immigration bill – two dozen red, white, and green flips flops. I addressed it to Senator Juan Kyl.

To McCain, to which I refer to the Ho Chi Minh Candidate, I sent a new deck of playing cards. I’m sure by now he’s played enough solitaire that he is ready for a new deck.

Brass Pair on June 26, 2007 at 12:55 PM

Nice, Bryan. You pumping for a narrator’s gig somewhere? And I suppose it was the Boss holding down the ominous low note on the keyboard throughout the clip.

I hope the folks who live in the districts of those senators work them hard. Here in Mexifornia we have Babs and DiFi, calling them to express my opinion on amnesty will fall on deaf ears, but I have emailed them both.

It’s going to be up to the House to keep this off the President’s desk, I fear.

Freelancer on June 26, 2007 at 2:44 PM

I live in AZ but not in Kyl’s district.

Brass Pair

Ummm… he’s your Senator, not your congressman. Like it or not you’ve got both him and McStain representing you in the Senate.

Jimnospin on June 26, 2007 at 5:04 PM

This is exactly what those repubichairicans want!

I believe that they have decided that the Dems will indeed be victorious come next election and that they had better make nice to them to save their own careers and hopefully gather illegal alien votes.

It is quite clear that they have forgotten that they are supposed to be American Senators, not Illegal Alien Senators.

The False Dervish on June 26, 2007 at 8:22 PM