Audio: Teddy sings an amnesty lullaby — in Spanish

posted at 1:07 am on June 23, 2007 by Allahpundit

This simply can’t be real. Not because it’s so shameless and absurd, but because its shamelessness and absurdity encapsulate too perfectly the way this travesty of a bill has been sold. If you were writing the broadest possible satire of the “Grand Bargain” that you could think of, how else could it end except with Teddy croaking out a few bars in his new mother tongue in a sort of apocalyptic pander?

Until someone gives me proof, I’m assuming it’s bogus. It’s just too bad to be true.

Comments

It sounds pretty real to me.

Rightwingsparkle on June 23, 2007 at 1:15 AM

Ayyy – yi – yi – yiiiiiii – I – luuuv – tequilaaaaa!!!!

infidel4life on June 23, 2007 at 1:16 AM

God, that’s over the top. I don’t know what Piolin sounds like but his “You are a great seenger” line sounds like parody itself.

Alex K on June 23, 2007 at 1:17 AM

oy

Defector01 on June 23, 2007 at 1:23 AM

Ay Dios mio! Si esto no es prueba de que Teddy esta listo para vender la nuestra patria, no se que es..

(Say it, Teddy: “Soy vendepatria”)

Sorry, I had to put in my 2 pesos there… *hehe*

rightg33k on June 23, 2007 at 1:31 AM

Quickie search:

June 18, 2007 Op-ed: http://newsblaze.com/story/20070618211447lill.nb/newsblaze/OPINIONS/Opinions.html

June 16, 2007 Photo-Op: http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/1851263/posts

Apparently, it was on the radio today: http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/1854927/posts

More from raw Story: http://rawstory.com/news/2007/Democrats_at_immigration_rally_point_to_0618.html

meh… hard telling if it’s truly that old war horse Ted “Mark Spitz” Kennedy or not. We’ll probably find out later. I think it’s a parody myself. El Piolin (Tweedy Bird) and Kennedy sure seem to be fast friends even though the million letter fiasco was a bunch of big fat lies… and empty boxes.

SilverStar830 on June 23, 2007 at 1:59 AM

I did a post with four links regarding El Piolin (Tweedy Bird) and Ted “Mark Spitz” Kennedy… and the post never showed.

One person I linked said they heard the song on the “John and Ken” show in Los Angeles. It’s probably a parody, but it may be true.

I wish my posts would show the heck up after I spend a bunch of time researching and adding useful info to a thread. I’m beginning to think it’s a waste of time and effort for sure.

SilverStar830 on June 23, 2007 at 2:07 AM

I don’t think so. LOL That can’t possibly be real. But on the outside chance that it is, I don’t know what Teddy is worse at. Singing or driving a car late at night.

repvoter on June 23, 2007 at 2:29 AM

“and we are not going to let you down, my friend”

Be Afraid.

Tru2my2 on June 23, 2007 at 2:31 AM

I heard it on the John & Ken show this afternoon, at around 4:15p.m. PST. They introduced it for real, unless they didn’t know at the time what it was. Ahead of the singing, like the one in the above audio clip, the voice which sounded perfectly like Ted Kennedy’s and Piolin’s were chit-chatting. Then Kennedy said something like “…I will sing a lullaby in your language now” and then clumsily started to sing.

Drove home and searched maniacally for the link but couldn’t find anything at the time…

Either way, if the bill dies with this it will all have been worth the agony.

Entelechy on June 23, 2007 at 2:46 AM

its on drudge, thats good enough for me

triple on June 23, 2007 at 2:48 AM

Okay, now I want to puke. which probably what Kennedy did after he had a couple more shots.

Ay Jalisco Jalisco Jaliscoooo!

SilverStar830 on June 23, 2007 at 2:55 AM

Allah, this is old… man, do a quick search of YouTube!

RightWinged on June 23, 2007 at 3:26 AM

I read where ‘The Family Jewels” reveal when Bobby Kennedy personally supervised a CIA operation to assassinate Castro.Heh ass ass inate funny word. It takes two to tango! Hey Ted hold on there I’ll get you a bucket to carry that tune in you need it!

sonnyspats1 on June 23, 2007 at 7:38 AM

Teddy has been dipping into the tequilla again (hiccup!).

lynnv on June 23, 2007 at 8:24 AM

Mary Jo Kopechne era no disponible para el comentario

Wade on June 23, 2007 at 8:40 AM

As usual, Allah’s got it right. It’s simply too stupid a pander to be real.

Jaibones on June 23, 2007 at 8:47 AM

Lost in the translation.

“You are a great senger swimmer”

Wade on June 23, 2007 at 8:48 AM

Sounds more like Phil Hartman to me. I don’t think it’s real.

robblefarian on June 23, 2007 at 9:11 AM

Is he wearing a Black Shirt for some symbolic reason?

Mussolini’s grand-daughter wants to know.

profitsbeard on June 23, 2007 at 9:38 AM

Tequila!

I’m gonna hurl.

locomotivebreath1901 on June 23, 2007 at 10:22 AM

I could have gone another 53 years without seeing those still shots at the end of the video! Yikes! Reminded me of a bad day at a water park… (pun intended)

Zorro on June 23, 2007 at 10:51 AM

Pinche Maricon

Jaibones on June 23, 2007 at 1:16 PM

As usual, Allah’s got it right. It’s simply too stupid a pander to be real.

Jaibones on June 23, 2007 at 8:47 AM

I think you/we may underestimate Teddy…

SilverStar830 on June 23, 2007 at 1:59 PM

It really is too perfect.

amnistitio delenda est

apostle26 on June 23, 2007 at 3:02 PM

Ha Ha, thought you could make me watch. No way Jose!

calnevari on June 24, 2007 at 1:26 AM

I wonder what the Mayor Quimby accent sounds like in Spanish.

Joshua P. Allem on June 24, 2007 at 3:38 AM

Teddy slipped up and told Piolin et. al the price they’d pay for Democrat midwifing of this comprehensive P.O.S.

“I thank you for your soul”.

Kid from Brooklyn on June 24, 2007 at 9:11 AM

Como se dice…Chappaquiddick?

Kid from Brooklyn on June 24, 2007 at 1:27 PM

HOWIE CARR (Boston talk host) has often played embarrassing Ted Kennedy tapes. One of then had Ted all liquored up and singing in Spanish. I rate this You Tube as definitely Ted Kennedy singing though who knows when. I don’t know if that’s Ted taking to his “Spanish friend” afterward. I would say yes but when and where?

This is old grafted together Teddy K shit. My conclusion

dennisw on June 25, 2007 at 4:55 AM

Oh, this man makes me so proud to be a resident of Massachusetts . . .

Did you notice how he says, “Thank you for your soul . . .” and then quickly adds, “. . .and heart”?

ToddonCapeCod on June 25, 2007 at 9:09 AM

Sorry, Can’t hear anybody. Have bloody pencils stuck in my ear drums now.

proudinfidel on June 25, 2007 at 9:34 AM

Makes you proud to be a democrat doesn’t it? I would ask if Kennedy was sober when this debacle happened, but he hasn’t been sober in 50 years so the question has no meaning.

volsense on June 25, 2007 at 11:34 AM

What is really worse? Ted attempting to sing, or “conservative Senators” following every command of Ted, leading America far away from the Constitution.

ColtsFan on June 25, 2007 at 11:55 AM

We have to stop this bill.

We have to all stick together and vote out of office anyone in favor of this bill.

With the Democraps in power, we are becoming a maxis society.

My first post.

investwize999 on June 25, 2007 at 12:44 PM

We have to stop this bill.

investwize999 on June 25, 2007 at 12:44 PM

I agree. What surprises me is how many conservative or freedom-loving websites are still mostly talking about secondary issues like “Social Security reform”, “ending estate taxes,” etc, instead of focusing primary attention on this flawed amnesty legislation.

Folks, if this amnesty legislation passes, you can forget talking about secondary side issues like SSN reform in the future.

Hats off to hotair.com for focusing primary attention to primary issues, instead of being distracted by secondary issues.

ColtsFan on June 25, 2007 at 1:00 PM

Oh, this man makes me so proud to be a resident of Massachusetts . . .

ToddonCapeCod on June 25, 2007 at 9:09 AM

Yes, Todd, I too live in MA and surviving regardless of this commonwealth looking more and more as a marxist state. Oh, and since the summer has officially started, we can look forward to more pictures appearing of Teddy on his boat with sun-burnt skin and bloated belly (not the boat), hanging over his swim trunks courtesy of the Boston Herald!

kiakjones on June 25, 2007 at 1:35 PM

My God his voice is as bad as his driving!

Great_Red_Dragon on June 25, 2007 at 3:47 PM

Kennedy has been an embarassment to Moderate Democrats for years. He still is!

DfDeportation on June 25, 2007 at 8:14 PM

Hey Ted, don’t quit your day job!

Oh, wait a minute, on second thought…

Kimmer on June 25, 2007 at 11:22 PM