Rushdie update: It’s Friday and you know what that means; Update: British Islamist rage added!

posted at 10:32 am on June 22, 2007 by Allahpundit

The day of prayer is here and the photos are trickling in. The boss names her heart-tugging favorite, but you can’t fully appreciate its poignancy until you see what’s on the guy’s headband:

rushdie3.jpg

Here’s my own favorite. The western idiom and hint of passive-aggressiveness are irresistible:

rushdie2.jpg

You were promised an Islamic Rage Boy cameo in the tagline too, and so you shall have one. Click.

For the record, Islamic Rage Boy is number one on my wishlist for Vent interviews.

Update: British Islamists are getting in on this too.

“This knighthood is just another example of Tony Blair and his government’s attempts to secularize Muslims and reward apostates,” said Anjem Choudray, protest organizer and an ex-head of the British wing of the banned radical group al-Muhajiroun.

“Rushdie is a hate figure across the Muslim world because of his insults to Islam,” Choudray said.

“This honor will have ramifications here and across the world”.

Anyone recognize Choudray’s name, by the way? You should.

Update: A depressing column at AmSpec argues that we shouldn’t risk losing hearts and minds by doing “senseless” things like honor people against whom Muslims have an insane vendetta.

Comments

Look at those wonderful mothers and fathers demonstrating the religion of peace. They just want to decapitate hug you!

Mazztek on June 22, 2007 at 10:39 AM

Perhaps its time to return the favor to the Muslim community and project upon them the exact same peace that they continue to offer the rest of the world.

doriangrey on June 22, 2007 at 10:43 AM

I had a buddy of mine photoshop Rage Boy onto a “300″ poster. Looks awesome.

Krydor on June 22, 2007 at 10:45 AM

Krydor,

Was he posted as a Persian or a Spartan? I can’t get enough of Islamic Rage Boy! He’s awesome!

Egfrow on June 22, 2007 at 10:50 AM

I think I”ve seen the guy in sunglasses -in the second shot- selling American flags, and those green foam Statue of Liberty ‘crowns’, in Times Square.

(Or maybe one of his 75 green-carded cousins.)

Rage Boy looks like a macaque.

profitsbeard on June 22, 2007 at 10:50 AM

I’m still trying to figure out what exactly Rushdie did/does to deserve the knighting. Surely it can’t be for that dum’ ol’ book, eh?

Tru2my2 on June 22, 2007 at 10:52 AM

Yeesh…that Islamic Rage Boy gets around, doesn’t he?

flipflop on June 22, 2007 at 10:52 AM

Tru2my2 on June 22, 2007 at 10:52 AM

Who cares? If there was some honor I could bestow upon him that would further enrage these nitwits, I’d do it, too.

flipflop on June 22, 2007 at 10:54 AM

Maybe we ought to just start dropping bombs flowers on their demonstrations, perhaps they will get the clue them…

doriangrey on June 22, 2007 at 10:55 AM

Egfrow

He’s a Spartan. I’ll have to ask him if I can post it on my blog, but this is the poster he used.

Krydor on June 22, 2007 at 10:56 AM

Islamic Rage Boy is number one on my wishlist for Vent interviews.

That’ll have to be one heck of a wide shot, with his arms thrust out that way all the time. And is your mix capability sophisticated enough to keep that constant raging intelligible on the soundtrack?

…what exactly Rushdie did/does to deserve the knighting.
Tru2my2 on June 22, 2007 at 10:52 AM

I heard some Brits on the radio say that if it hadn’t been for the controversy, he’d have been knighted long before now. They knight bunches of people who are prominent in the arts.

eeyore on June 22, 2007 at 10:58 AM

Islamic Rage Boy is a lot like Green Helmut Man in this way. If there is an Islamic Rage protest to be found, there we will find him.

Jaibones on June 22, 2007 at 10:58 AM

Personally I think Islamic Rage Boy need about 700 grains of migraine medication.

doriangrey on June 22, 2007 at 11:06 AM

Curse you Evelyn Wood. I thought the first sign said Shoot Sheehan.

LakeRuins on June 22, 2007 at 11:09 AM

The Serial Outrager Parodies page
I AM NOT AMISH!

LMAO

abinitioadinfinitum on June 22, 2007 at 11:09 AM

Business idea: premanufactured Islamic Rage Protest Signs!

I HATE _____________ !!!!!

(fill in the blank)

infidel4life on June 22, 2007 at 11:11 AM

I wonder if Islamic Rage Boy has any idea how famous he is…

Bad Candy on June 22, 2007 at 11:20 AM

DEATH TO ___________ !!!!!

(almost forgot that one)

infidel4life on June 22, 2007 at 11:21 AM

I wonder if his jaws ever get tired?

mjkazee on June 22, 2007 at 11:35 AM

mjkazee-

I wonder if his jaw gets tired?

I think it dislocates, to feed, like a boa constrictor’s.

profitsbeard on June 22, 2007 at 11:38 AM

I AM NOT AMISH! ??… I’m in tears!! ROFLMAO

tickleddragon on June 22, 2007 at 11:39 AM

abinitoadinfinitum-

NOT AMISH! Nice, but

I prefer the:

NO SOUP FOR YOU! poster.

LOL!

profitsbeard on June 22, 2007 at 12:12 PM

God Bless the Queen…

Defender of the FAITH!

And Freedom of Speech…

And Freedom of Religion…

Dam… wish our leaders would defend those last two…

Romeo13 on June 22, 2007 at 12:26 PM

My theory is that Muslims would be a lot less likely to be violent over things like this if we subjected them to more ridicule. After all, Jews and Christians don’t set things on fire when things offend them, and a big part of that is because they’re used to having their religions mocked. Frankly, ridiculing Judaism is boring and ridiculing Christianity is fairly passe except in the U.S. Islamists need to get used to the same treatment – no religion should be beyond reproach.

I expand on this theme and try for some death threats in my latest column this week. I hope no one minds if I gratuitously plug it here.

Insh’allah.

Enrique on June 22, 2007 at 12:30 PM

Ever notice now much Islamic Rage Boy looks like the Goracle (Sorry, you have to scroll down about half way down the page to get to the pic in the article “If Only Liberals Hated Terrorists The Way They Hate George W. Bush….”)

Catseye on June 22, 2007 at 12:43 PM

The “religion of peace” is in a perpetual rage. Enrique is right (great article, this and the others) – mocking and exposing is the greatest antidote.

Entelechy on June 22, 2007 at 1:40 PM

I think it dislocates, to feed, like a boa constrictor’s.

profitsbeard on June 22, 2007 at 11:38 AM

I think you may be correct

mjkazee on June 22, 2007 at 5:25 PM

Oh darn it!

I think you may be correct.

I’ll get it. I promise.

mjkazee on June 22, 2007 at 5:26 PM

Circa 1944: A depressing column at AmSpec argues that we shouldn’t risk losing hearts and minds by doing “senseless” things like honor people against whom Muslims Nazis have an insane vendetta, namely Jews.

Can I get a roll of eyes?

Tim Burton on June 22, 2007 at 5:56 PM