Finally: Michael Moore embraces 9/11 Truth

posted at 3:31 pm on June 19, 2007 by Allahpundit

Lightly, of course. The full Truther bear hug asserts that 9/11 was an inside job; Moore’s practicing the “mainstream” version, which confines itself to “just asking questions.” It’s the spirit of free inquiry, man. Asking questions — who could be against that?

He’s been looking for an alternate explanation since, literally, the day after. It reminds me of a piece published last year in the Times explaning how Iran has made anti-Americanism a de facto tenet of Islamic doctrine. Same with the far left: the idea of the United States being victimized, particularly by third-worlders and in so horrendous a fashion, contradicts the dogma too starkly. Even the usual compensation, that we “deserved” it, doesn’t quite account for office workers having to nosedive onto asphalt from 100 stories up. So they make the only cognitive move they can. (Chomsky, notably, is an apostate on this subject.)

I doubt it’ll cost him a single ticket purchase for “Sicko.”

Nice job by Dave Weigel catching this and bringing it to light. Maybe now he can pull Ron Paul aside and explain why patronizing Alex Jones’s radio show isn’t such a hot idea. Click the image to watch.

moore911.jpg

Comments

Ha! Like anyone ever doubted that Moore was a Truther! We knew all along, what a slimeball, it just took a while for him to out himself. I’m glad someone caught the corpulent commie in the act.

Bad Candy on June 19, 2007 at 3:34 PM

What’s great is that in Bowling For Columbine he was quite sure it was bin Laden because he could then list 9/11 as one of the many acts of violence committed by the U.S.–in that case by “CIA-trained Osama bin Laden” or something.

But as you say it’s just not enough, is it? Blowback is fine for less visceral events but for 9/11 the Wretched of the Earth must be entirely clean. It can only be us.

Hey, reminds me of the interview on NRO today about how liberals could never accept that their idol was killed by a Communist. No, it must have been Dallas. It must have been…America.

Alex K on June 19, 2007 at 3:39 PM

I want to see the video, I want to see 100 videos that exist of this. Why don’t they want us to see that plane coming into the building? Because, you know, if you know anything about flying a plane, if you’re going 500 mph, if you’re off by that much, you’re in the river. To hit a building that’s only 5 stories high that expertly, I believe that there will be answers in that video tape and you should demand that that tape is released.

so says Moore. Brings up an interesting question, did these truther-types not see it the day it happened when it was all coming live? I mean it’s like they are playing catch-up with the history channel and they just can’t get their minds around the sheer brutality of the day.

Spirit of 1776 on June 19, 2007 at 3:42 PM

Very insightful observation AP.

TheBigOldDog on June 19, 2007 at 3:49 PM

Is “Sicko” his auto-biography?

Hening on June 19, 2007 at 3:54 PM

He could influence people; he carries a lot of weight on the issue.

Ha! I crack myself up.

frankj on June 19, 2007 at 3:56 PM

I wonder how Paris Hilton is doing these days?

Kini on June 19, 2007 at 3:59 PM

REPORTER: And we know that 9/11 was an inside job.

MOORE: Right.

That sums it up right there. It’s utterly amazing that still, to this day, so many people from all walks believe that 9/11 was an “inside job”. It boggles my mind…

JetBoy on June 19, 2007 at 4:02 PM

He’s the sicko. What a POS.

RW Wacko on June 19, 2007 at 4:35 PM

The question “what are your thoughts on 9/11 being an inside job” is almost as infallible a dipshit detector as “How do you feel about Astrology?”

mojo on June 19, 2007 at 4:41 PM

Like I said. There are no stupid questions, just stupid Truthers asking questions.

fusionaddict on June 19, 2007 at 4:45 PM

What a stupid douchebag. I mean, we always knew he was a douchebag, but up until now I’d given him credit for not being a stupid douchebag.

He’s clearly a stupid douchebag after all.

Kensington on June 19, 2007 at 4:58 PM

Yes he’s a douche and he’s the ugliest man on the face of the planet (now that Arafat is dead)

Ellen on June 19, 2007 at 5:09 PM

One day the far left tells us 9/11 never happened, and the other day we had it coming.

Kinda like the US-Israel relationship – one day we’re being remote-controlled by Israel, the other day Israel is our forward moving post.

Just can’t make up their minds.

Niko on June 19, 2007 at 5:15 PM

I would like Michael Moore explain the pieces of the passengers or the rolls royce engine found in the Pentagon. What about the debris? The lightpoles and generator damage? Or the eyewitnesses? Traffic control? The airport security videos? The phone calls?

Any theory that says I should ignore these things is a theory that should not be respected or taken seriously.

Good job MM

MarkyX on June 19, 2007 at 5:34 PM

I work within sight of the Pentagon. I can stand up in my cube and see it through the office windows. My boss was driving on the freeway on the morning of Sep 11 and saw a big American Airlines airliner hit the Pentagon. Three people in my office watched the jet hit. Hundreds of people saw the jet hit. You have passengers inside the jet calling out to tell the world they’ve been hijacked. The evidence is all pretty straightforward and simple that skyjackers, all Saudis, took over the jet and plowed it into the Pentagon.

And by the way, the jet did not hit the Pentagon dead on but at about a 45 degree angle. If you look at pages 13, 19, 20, 36, & 39 of the Pentagon Building Performance Report of the American Society of Civil Engineers you can see that the jet hit the far left side of the Pentagon that it was facing. In other words, the pilot of AA 77 almost missed the Pentagon. He came over the Navy Annex to the northwest of I-395 and hit the far left of his target as it was presented to him. The terrorist did not control his jet well as Fat Boy Moore claims.

Tantor on June 19, 2007 at 6:03 PM

The next time you see your boss, ask him how much blood money it cost to buy his complicity.

Isn’t that how it has to be in order for the Moore’s and the Loose-Changers to have a poing?

Kensington on June 19, 2007 at 6:08 PM

Moore is a pathetic nut case. Why do we even discuss him.

duff65 on June 19, 2007 at 6:17 PM

Half of the truth is about all Moore can handle.

Judging by his “documentary” exercises.

(I’m waiting for his daring cinematic expose on mammograms… from personal experience.)

profitsbeard on June 19, 2007 at 6:21 PM

The terrorist did not control his jet well as Fat Boy Moore claims.

The pilots say the skills of Hani were those of an amateur. Hani didn’t do anything special as many 9/11 Deniers like to suggest.

MarkyX on June 19, 2007 at 7:22 PM

Has Ron Paul chosen a running mate yet? You think Moore might take the job?

Joshua P. Allem on June 19, 2007 at 7:53 PM

Moore is nothing more than a pig in clothes, getting fatter each and every day taking the money from the idiots of the Flat Earth Society, Al Gore, President!

NEMETI IN SYRACUSE on June 19, 2007 at 9:04 PM

After seeing what dot gov is doing with this immigration bill, I’ve developed a paranoia on par with the Truthers. Is that wrong?

PRCalDude on June 19, 2007 at 10:50 PM

At least your paranoia is rooted in things the government is actually doing, things that have not already been exhaustively and unarguably debunked by reputable experts.

Will someone please remind me how these douchebags respond to things like the Popular Mechanics debunking? It has something to do with a conservative somewhere in the Popular Mechanics moneytrain, right, which obviously proves that they’re lying?

Kensington on June 20, 2007 at 10:42 AM

mojo on June 19, 2007 at 4:41 PM

… I’m an Aquarius, and we don’t believe in Astrology…

gekkobear on June 20, 2007 at 1:49 PM