Video: The best campaign ads ever?

posted at 12:22 pm on June 15, 2007 by Allahpundit

Via HuffPo. I’m not sure if these are “official” or not. They’re not part of his official YouTube channel, but obviously he’s cooperating with the guy who made them.

I’ve been looking for someone to protest-vote for in case the GOP passes the amnesty bill and alienates me completely. I’ve just found him.

Update: They’re official.

Comments

Do not get me started on this traitor Gravel. I had the displeasure of meeting this A-**** when he was a Senator from AK. He gave us ‘youth’ a pep-talk about democracy and the American way…….he flat admitted that he had run on a liberal ticket and lost, switched to a blue-dog ticket and won, and now could push forward his liberal agenda. As a 18 yo I stood up, voiced my opinion of what this traitor said and was promptly escorted from the room.

Pentagon papers TRAITOR. Nothing will get his stink out of my senses.

Limerick on June 15, 2007 at 12:29 PM

Pretty good, interesting, deranged in an old SNL sorta way…

benrand on June 15, 2007 at 12:31 PM

What the heck was that? Was that the US constitution he was throwing in the water?

amerpundit on June 15, 2007 at 12:34 PM

Oh, it was “artistic”. Too bad the American people are less interested in your artistic abilities, and a little more interested in you political policies.

amerpundit on June 15, 2007 at 12:36 PM

You’re joking, right? Because that would only make sense if the GOP option were McCain. I believe Rudy, Fred and Mitt have all come out against the shamnesty. The place to protest vote shamnesty is in the Congressional races, particularly the primaries.

Laura on June 15, 2007 at 12:36 PM

if he stares at me for 2 minutes in the second video, i’m gonna punch him.

lorien1973 on June 15, 2007 at 12:41 PM

Allahpundit

Dont forget to post a picture of your face after you cut your nose off, a protest vote for Gravel is a vote for the devil herself.

doriangrey on June 15, 2007 at 12:44 PM

I lol’ed out loud.

Citizen Duck on June 15, 2007 at 1:11 PM

How utterly embarrassing. If this guy gets a single vote from anyone outside his family, we should hunt those voters down and deport them.

jdpaz on June 15, 2007 at 1:14 PM

GRAVEL/IONESCO 2008
GODOT IS ON THE WAY, AMERICA!

see-dubya on June 15, 2007 at 1:15 PM

if he stares at me for 2 minutes in the second video, i’m gonna punch him.
lorien1973 on June 15, 2007 at 12:41 PM

Heh. Hope you’re at home and not work. A fist does bad things to a monitor.

Slublog on June 15, 2007 at 1:31 PM

No!! I get it! First, the staring… as if waiting for you to do something. Then, he picks up the rock himself, and throws it BACK into the water from whence it came. Then he leaves; problem solved! It’s about immigration! Let’s all vote for the crazy old guy! What’s his name again? Gravel?

morganfrost on June 15, 2007 at 1:39 PM

The first one was kind of funny, the second one was just stupid.

No big surprise there.

mesablue on June 15, 2007 at 1:42 PM

It seems to me he got more accomplished in the second video than Congress did since they were elected. Other than that? WTF

abinitioadinfinitum on June 15, 2007 at 1:44 PM

I’m sure there’s some kind of deepseated meaning in staring into a camera for 2 minutes and then throwing a rock in a pond but I could care less.

Capitalist Infidel on June 15, 2007 at 1:45 PM

I want to go camping this summer

Zetterson on June 15, 2007 at 1:49 PM

Stick hugger

400lb Gorilla on June 15, 2007 at 1:50 PM

Gads. Reminds me of that Louie De Palma poem in Taxi. I can’t find a reference to quote from, but it goes something like this:

Clouds
Stream
Tree
You on a rock
Naked

What a bozo!

Tennman on June 15, 2007 at 1:50 PM

I lol’ed out loud.

Citizen Duck on June 15, 2007 at 1:11 PM

…Uhhh… isn’t that what it means?

ricer1 on June 15, 2007 at 1:58 PM

Okay, I think I get it…

First, he gives us a good, long look at himself, and then he goes and makes a “splash.”

Then, in the second one, he “starts a fire” and by superimposing his web address over it, he symbolizes his campaign catching fire.

How artistic!

Nope, my mistake, just incredibly stupid.

Militant Bibliophile on June 15, 2007 at 2:05 PM

Okay, the first one put me to sleep…. I suppose if you want your government to do nothing, he might be a good choice, since he seems to be used to that.

Either that or he’s a very weird form of Big Brother staring out of your TV set….

jeffshultz on June 15, 2007 at 2:05 PM

There’s a couple of minutes I’ll never get back…

TheBigOldDog on June 15, 2007 at 2:08 PM

It rubs the lotion on its skin or else it gets the hose again.

JackStraw on June 15, 2007 at 3:10 PM

Man of few words, eh?

Obviously, not into Global Warming either, burning all those carbon credits.

Kini on June 15, 2007 at 3:10 PM

Dumb.

Jaibones on June 15, 2007 at 3:18 PM

He could have at least said “Head-On. Apply directly to the forehead” for 2 minutes.

mboprey on June 15, 2007 at 3:21 PM

Ad #1: Andy Warhol used to make feature films like this in real time…like a picture of a guy sleeping for six hours, and another one where he films the Empire State Building from daytime to twilight, to evening…all in real time.

Ad #2: I think it’s become more of a national phenomena and not just a New York one, but I remember WPIX used to just show a log burning in a fireplace on Christmas Eve and Christmas day with Christmas music in the background. Maybe that’s what Gravel can use this ad for!

asc85 on June 15, 2007 at 3:34 PM

ripples on a pond…

butterfly effect? If we wait around long enough, there’ll be a storm? Reaching for a meaning that’s worth the digital waste of energy and time those vids represent…

Freelancer on June 15, 2007 at 4:07 PM

Wheat… lots of wheat… fields of wheat… a tremendous amount of wheat…

The Ugly American on June 15, 2007 at 4:29 PM

OOOOOOoooooooohhh, fishy, fishy, fishy, FISH!

A fish, a fish, a fish, a fishy OOOOoooooohh.

Kadnine on June 15, 2007 at 5:00 PM

Ummmmmmmmmmmmmm….kay.

emmaline1138 on June 15, 2007 at 5:31 PM

Wait, I get it. He made huge bets with potential donors that he wouldn’t tell a single lie in his next two campaign ads, and this is the only way he could manage it.

Freelancer on June 15, 2007 at 7:58 PM

Some poor schmuck’s gonna wade into that water and stub his toe thanks to this guy. How irresponsible can he get?

kmcguire on June 15, 2007 at 8:28 PM

Move over Jack Murtha. The new Grandpa Simpson has arrived.

thedecider on June 15, 2007 at 11:32 PM

Dude! I should SO be a campaign video producer. I’m just a stone’s throw away from it now.

Mojave Mark on June 16, 2007 at 1:25 AM

Trademark slogan:

“Gravel rocks!”

Shy Guy on June 17, 2007 at 3:05 AM

Well that was a complete waste of 5 minutes. Glad I cut out of the second early. 8th grade youtubers make more interesting films than that without even trying.

amend2 on July 3, 2007 at 9:59 AM