Video: The first few minutes of “Postal”

posted at 11:10 am on June 14, 2007 by Allahpundit

We already know the punchline, but as you’ll see, the set-up is even more offensive than assumed. And to think, I thought this was the most inappropriate Flight 93 parody I’d see this year.

Here’s a companion piece, via Weasel Zippers, from the Australian show “The Chaser.” Not knowing the death toll is forgivable. Not knowing the hijackers’ religious motivation is not.

Comments

I can’t watch. I’ll just take your word for it in this case. The idea of making a parody out of 9/11 sickens me too much to even give it a chance.

Yakko77 on June 14, 2007 at 11:23 AM

Uwe Bol is human garbage and should be arrested for stealling oxygen.

liquidflorian on June 14, 2007 at 11:28 AM

It’s up to Uwe Boll’s usual standards.

Slublog on June 14, 2007 at 11:29 AM

I don’t like the idea of parody of 9/11, but I do think parody and mockery of ideology is in order.

Spirit of 1776 on June 14, 2007 at 11:33 AM

Re: That last video. It goes to show that in a country where 25% of Americans are retarded, it’s not difficult to find idiots who don’t know their ass from a hole in the ground.

That said, th correct answer was… “stupid Muslims”.

CliffHanger on June 14, 2007 at 11:34 AM

Wow. That Postal video was even worse than I’d imagined.

Number 2 on June 14, 2007 at 11:37 AM

That’s true, but there is also something to be said for the security that lets people go on without thinking about it, and blame to be laid at the doorstep of MSM who measure the video as too disturbing to replay, etc. (Of course, it was mental Twister over at NBC re: V.Tech shooter’s vid)

Spirit of 1776 on June 14, 2007 at 11:38 AM

It’s up to Uwe Boll’s usual standards.

Slublog on June 14, 2007 at 11:29 AM

Yup. At least this time he turned a sh!tty game into a sh!tty movie as opposed to a good game into a sh!tty movie.

For those that don’t know, Postal is a crappy FPS (first person shooter) that’s only real feature is its extreme violence, so popular with dumb kids ith no taste in purchasing games. At least GTAIII on up were good games.

Bad Candy on June 14, 2007 at 11:38 AM

And Uwe Boll is known for taking popular video game franchises and making crappy movies with them…gamers hate him for it.

Bad Candy on June 14, 2007 at 11:40 AM

And these are the same people who call us “war mongerers”, call the war on terror a “bumper sticker” slogan, and will be voting Democratic in ’08. God help us.

amerpundit on June 14, 2007 at 11:40 AM

For the bottom video; those morons are the Dhemocrat base.

Mojave Mark on June 14, 2007 at 11:42 AM

Bad Candy on June 14, 2007 at 11:40 AM

No kidding…I actually have postal 2…I played it for like 15 minutes.

EnochCain on June 14, 2007 at 11:47 AM

Not knowing is unforgivable, theres no room for ignorance where this issue is concerned.

On another note you guys are certainly making your best efforts at attaining that elusive fatwa, but I love it!

Viper1 on June 14, 2007 at 11:47 AM

EnochCain on June 14, 2007 at 11:47 AM

Let that be a lesson to everyone. Always read reviews before you buy!

Bad Candy on June 14, 2007 at 11:59 AM

What ever happened to “We’ll NEVER forget”?

heatherrc77 on June 14, 2007 at 12:14 PM

Damn it……I thought the postal parody was funny……The day you cannot laugh at your most sacred objects/ideas is the day you become identical to the Muslim fanatics.

doriangrey on June 14, 2007 at 12:26 PM

Hey, that 9/11 video was tasteless, but it was funny the way the terrorists were arguing about the number of virgins they were guaranteed.

And its still closer to the truth about what happened than any troofer will admit.

BelchSpeak on June 14, 2007 at 12:30 PM

Tonight we dine in Cleavland.

I saw that coming a mile away.

I don’t know what’s sadder, they fact that parodies are made after 911, or the fact people no longer associate the event correctly.

Kini on June 14, 2007 at 12:31 PM

I’m not sure what to say about either of these videos. I was laughing at the stupid jihadists in the first one, bickering over how many virgins to expect in paradise … I didn’t know what was coming next. It doesn’t really make sense, are they saying these guys hit the WTC by accident? The way it’s set up, it doesn’t have to be 9-11, it could just be two jihadists who hijacked a jet. Anyway it goes without saying, a jet hitting the WTC is just not funny.

The New Yorkers who don’t know when 9-11 happened is heartbreaking. I catch myself wishing some of them were intentionally answering wrong just for a goof, but sadly, there’s no real reason to believe that. Just look at NY’s senators … Chuck Schumer and Hillary … there are some really dumb New Yorkers out there.

boru on June 14, 2007 at 12:36 PM

BelchSpeak on June 14, 2007 at 12:30 PM

I agree. I laughed out loud when they got all indignant with Osama about the number of virgins.

Obviously tasteless and intended to rile us up. But I wouldn’t be angry about it unless it was being passed off as truth. It’s a comedy.

unamused on June 14, 2007 at 12:37 PM

It’s forgivable for my 7 year old. It’s unforgivable for effing adult Americans, not to mention New Yorkers, for God’s sake, to not know when it was, how many died or their motivation. Not a mere 6 1/2 years after. It’s a disgrace. These people don’t vote for Dems; they don’t vote period because they don’t care. The bottom video made me sicker than Postal.

SouthernDem on June 14, 2007 at 12:41 PM

Math is wrong, 5 1/2 years. duh.

SouthernDem on June 14, 2007 at 12:41 PM

Top video: too many people died for that to be funny.

Bottom video: some people are too stupid to live.

morganfrost on June 14, 2007 at 12:51 PM

You guys are all crazy if you don’t vote for Mike Gravel! He is dynamic and just the right man for 2008 and beyond! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QH9W4AiXzVU

boru on June 14, 2007 at 12:51 PM

*slightly off topic* Speaking of unfunny – I saw the absolute least funny, all-time worst satirical anti-Bush cartoon last night – “L’il Bush”. I tried to watch and it was just a bunch of retarded lib talking points shoved into a badly animated, unfunny cartoon. It made the 1/2 hour News Hour look like the funniest show ever written. My husband said, “What are they going to put in the next episode?” Because they used up all of their cliches in that one. And they had the typical army recruiting scene where the sign said, “Our Standards Have Never Been Lower!” and they had to take an IQ test which consisted of their name and their birthdate – which (how creatively fresh!) GW Bush failed and still got in… the usual.

foxforce91 on June 14, 2007 at 12:57 PM

I got a kick out of the conversation. It just took a terrible turn toward some gut-wrenching irony at the end. The context is the thing that really kills it as humor, converting it into a slap in the face/kick in the stones.

askheaves on June 14, 2007 at 1:04 PM

Watched without sound, so I missed the “nuance” of the dialoge. However, two details at the end jumped out at me.

1) The plane passes one tower before it crashes into the second tower. Anyone who looked at video of the real event knows that both planes crashed into the ‘outside’ faces of the buildings.

2) The window washer would not be sitting in a bosun’s chair that high above the ground. He would be on a house scaffold that was suspended from the roof or attached to the side of the building.

Details, details………

Mallard T. Drake on June 14, 2007 at 1:11 PM

We should challenge Uwe Bol to another boxing match….

for those that dont’ know; Bol challenged his critics to a boxing match “for fun”. Turns out he was a semi pro boxer in Germany, so he beat the crap out of all of them but one, who was also a amateur boxer; who he refused to fight.

liquidflorian on June 14, 2007 at 1:14 PM

Unfathomably sad. I thought the Australian show was taking place in Australia until it dawned on me that these were Americans in Times Square. Just effin’ sad.

thegreatbeast on June 14, 2007 at 1:58 PM

All of it just confirms one simple truth:

People are stupid. Surprisingly, impressively stupid.

And what’s really stupid is that I know this, yet I still find myself surprised by new stupidity.

Try to look on the bright side: less than 6 years ago, a mortal enemy through their best shot at us. It was the greatest terrorist victory in history, the worst mass murder in modern times. Their greatest triumph.

And 6 years later, people who actually live in the city that was attacked, don’t even remember much about it. They’ve shrugged it off and gone on with their lives.

Yeah, it pisses me off. But if you think you’re pissed off, imagine how the TERRORISTS must feel. Imagine Osama bin Laden watching that video, realizing that his greatest triumph is barely remembered.

I almost sort of like that.

Professor Blather on June 14, 2007 at 2:02 PM

And of course, through = threw. Must have coffee.

Professor Blather on June 14, 2007 at 2:06 PM

That’s the one bright point about having fellow citizens who are actually that stupid.

alflauren on June 14, 2007 at 2:17 PM

Editing people editing. Who knows how many people they talked to to get a handful of retards. That being said, the details of that day should be burned into everyone’s brain, and the liberal establishment is going out of it’s way to pretend it never happened. Do they teach anything about 9/11 in schools? Can anyone tell me? I have no kids in school.

bmac on June 14, 2007 at 2:41 PM

I feel so guilty that I felt the first video was actually funny, but heartwrenching at the same time.

The second video was nauseating, and saddened me greatly. I’m from NY originally, and remember how stupid so many people were there (and they poke fun at Kansas!). I nearly cried. These intellectual powerhouses couldn’t decipher what 9/11 stood for!

Thanks to our government education system!

stonemeister on June 14, 2007 at 3:05 PM

Uwe…talentless. I thought that was tasteless until the last shot. That’s astonishing to me.

Where are all the comedies about the Holocaust? Is Uwe working on one of those?

Malpaso on June 14, 2007 at 3:06 PM

morganfrost-

I would have only gone so far as sterilization for the secon group.

But, otherwise, my goddamned sentiments exactly.

Heartless scum.

And brainless bottomfeeders.

(Back to watch Buzz Aldrin coldcock a Truther again on the Dennis Leary article to cheer up.)

profitsbeard on June 14, 2007 at 3:28 PM

The last guy says, “DID I MISS SOMETHING?”

My answer, “More than you’ll ever know.” or “Your medication time.”

OMG. How sad. How pathetic. These people vote?

These questions reminded me of questions my dad asked me when I was younger to help me to learn to listen and to think.
1) Who’s buried in Grant’s tomb?
2) In what year was the War of 1812 fought?

VikingGoneWild on June 14, 2007 at 3:33 PM

I don’t normall like to work blue…but Uwe Boll is a c*nting f*ckwit.

fusionaddict on June 14, 2007 at 3:36 PM

What’s next? Holocaust! The Musical?

ronsfi on June 14, 2007 at 4:23 PM

What’s next? Holocaust! The Musical?

ronsfi on June 14, 2007 at 4:23 PM

Er, that was Mel Brooks The Producers and Springtime for Hitler.

Kini on June 14, 2007 at 4:40 PM

Ah yes! Mel Brooks. The Mozart of comedy.

ronsfi on June 14, 2007 at 4:59 PM

Uwe makes me sick, but not as sick as those morons in the second video….

We need to bring back a poll tax to weed out the voters.

Tim Burton on June 14, 2007 at 5:27 PM

Kini-

Making fun of Hitler is different than mocking his victims.

Forcing the victims of 9/11 into the role of “sidelight comic fodder” for a sub-juvenile bit if shock-schtick (telling a lame joke that could have been done just as aptly with two jihadi guys riding in a Toyota pickup loaded with C-4 to the Golden Domed Mosque in Samara last year) is simply diseased.

The hijackers slit the throats of the pilots and several airline attendants (and possibly a passenger or two) which removes them from the realm of cutesy.

Uwe Whoever is a steaming heap of amoral dogshi’ite.

I guess his next opus will be to show how the mass-murderers in Beslan were playing ‘basketball’ with one of their bombs, and that it was accidentally dropped when one of the trembling hostage kids raised his hand to ask permission to the bathroom and this move distracted the lovably-inept mujihadeen leader… Ooopski!

Final shot, a tiny, bloody tennis shoe flying through the smoking hoop?

Hilarious.

profitsbeard on June 14, 2007 at 5:33 PM

Not laugh out loud funny, but made me chuckle.

Some of the stuff I see here that claims to be funny just isn’t, but would I have it erased, censored and banned from public consumption? No.

If you don’t like it, don’t watch it. Simple. People will joke about just about ANY situation – it is human nature. Just as it is human nature to piss your pants and get tizzy about the fact that people will joke about just about ANY… etc.

eminuu on June 15, 2007 at 5:11 AM

The second video…

Firstly, lots of people taped before you get that number of daft replies… Secondly – re-affirms for me that there are those out there that just don’t know, just don’t care and are just plain wrong when it comes to history.

It is no surprise that the intricate details of history get lost in time, but lets face it, the USA is a kid, it hardly has any history – there is no real excuse for not knowing the whole damn thing, verbatim. Unless of course, your population is deeply uneducated, deeply misled and fed ‘mental junk food’ as part of their intellectual diet… Oh, wait…

eminuu on June 15, 2007 at 5:18 AM