Fred’s blog debuts

posted at 4:18 pm on June 13, 2007 by Allahpundit

The content is pedestrian thus far but the blogroll is impeccable. Except for the glaring omission of MM.com, of course. Bookmark this one; if his campaign is half as Net-centric as it intends to be, it should be lively. And if it isn’t, it’ll probably still lead the pack among conservatives. Take a gander at the pathetic YouTube efforts on our side. Except for McCain, there’s not a jot of wit or flair among them.

Don’t worry, Henke will whip ‘em into shape. Exit question one: Exactly how much blog love do we have to give Fred before he (or Jeri) agrees to do Vent? Exit question two: Could Fred lock up the nomination right now by turning up at the Capitol, slapping Lindsey Graham’s cheeks with a white glove, and challenging him to pistols at dawn?

Update: Wiiiide open. As vast as the blue Tennessee sky.

Comments

No matter how much lipstick Washington tries to slap onto this legislative pig, it’s not going to win any beauty contests.

We should scrap this “comprehensive” immigration bill and the whole debate until the government can show the American people that we have secured the borders

Now if he would have said that last night on Leno……

Limerick on June 13, 2007 at 4:22 PM

Uh… I’d say there is another glaring omission: That of the blog that’s done the most research and education on the greatness of Fred Thompson.

As for your question, I think a good punch to one of the Senators responsible for the immigration bill would be worth at least 10 points in the polls.

frankj on June 13, 2007 at 4:24 PM

Wow. Is it my breath?

Michelle on June 13, 2007 at 4:24 PM

Limerick on June 13, 2007 at 4:22 PM

That’s what worries me. I think what he says is great. However, he says it when he’s blogging it, or if he can do a redo. In person, or live, he seems to crawl into his shell.

amerpundit on June 13, 2007 at 4:25 PM

If it is any consolation Michelle I will ask for my donation back. Just say the word.

Limerick on June 13, 2007 at 4:26 PM

Michelle on June 13, 2007 at 4:24 PM

You know, Michelle, you expressed anger at his toe-dipping. Maybe you’ve been shunned. Jk.

amerpundit on June 13, 2007 at 4:27 PM

Wow. Is it my breath?

Michelle on June 13, 2007 at 4:24 PM

HotAir made the blogroll – isn’t that you, too?

pullingmyhairout on June 13, 2007 at 4:28 PM

Wow. Is it my breath?

Michelle on June 13, 2007 at 4:24 PM

He doesn’t want to associate with anyone who appears on FOX News so he can get votes from the Kos crowd.

frankj on June 13, 2007 at 4:30 PM

another glaring omission: littlegreenfootballs.com

or was that on purpose? is LGF a bit too righty for mainstream America?

AlexB on June 13, 2007 at 4:30 PM

I’m just glad we’re able to debate who is the best. It seems that in the past few elections, we’ve had to pick the best of the worst. The last person I was actually excited about voting for, was Reagan.

amerpundit on June 13, 2007 at 4:32 PM

He’s already getting good experience with what we have to deal with in the blogosphere; YouTube pulled the video he linked to.

frankj on June 13, 2007 at 4:33 PM

“Anger?” Eh. Mere annoyance. I don’t like flirts.

Not for president, anyway.

Michelle on June 13, 2007 at 4:34 PM

LMAO….

The Ugly American on June 13, 2007 at 4:37 PM

Also missing: Ace of Spades, Blackfive, Right Wing News, Daily Pundit, Pajamas Media, Debbie Schlussel, Hugh Hewitt, INDC Journal, and of course, American Pundit. Sorry. I couldn’t help myself.

amerpundit on June 13, 2007 at 4:37 PM

He should also consider adding Jihad Watch.

amerpundit on June 13, 2007 at 4:38 PM

Lucianne.com: “Enough with the Thompson Tease…..go already.”

Michelle on June 13, 2007 at 4:40 PM

Misha’s site is missing, as well.

thebookkeeper on June 13, 2007 at 4:44 PM

Exit answer one: $$$

Exit answer two: sub harry reid

Bonus round: ewe tube sux

locomotivebreath1901 on June 13, 2007 at 4:44 PM

Gargantua and Pimpernel

Entelechy on June 13, 2007 at 4:44 PM

Before someone hits the critical bone, I couldn’t use Gargantua and Pantagruel, as the second one is so tiny.

Entelechy on June 13, 2007 at 4:46 PM

So we’ve gone from “Fred has a bad suit and looks tired” to “his blogroll doesn’t have (insert favorite blog not on the list here)”.

Glad to see that no one is being superficial or anything.

Just our of curiosity, has anyone discussed the blogrolls of Mitt or Rudy?

Tman on June 13, 2007 at 4:52 PM

Fred! / Michelle! ’08

omnipotent on June 13, 2007 at 4:54 PM

That reminds me; someone should tell him to remember to unbutton his jacket before sitting down because that distracted me too.

frankj on June 13, 2007 at 4:55 PM

amerpundit on June 13, 2007 at 4:37 PM

Obviously Hugh is in the tank for Mitt.

omnipotent on June 13, 2007 at 4:55 PM

Wow. Is it my breath?

Michelle on June 13, 2007 at 4:24 PM

I’m thinking Fred can only handle one hot babe at a time…

soulsirkus on June 13, 2007 at 4:56 PM

“Blogrolls will continue to be updated, as will our site. Please send suggestions. We appreciate your support, FredHeads, or not. We love y’all”.

Entelechy on June 13, 2007 at 4:57 PM

Fred! / Michelle! ‘08

omnipotent on June 13, 2007 at 4:54 PM

THAT would be sweet…

heatherrc77 on June 13, 2007 at 4:58 PM

No AoS either. Is there a CJ/MM/AoS hobo hunting triumvirate that is being kept quiet?

The obvious answer is that Fred is trying to stay on message and being associated with a second, younger attractive woman, even via blogroll, puts that message at risk.

rw on June 13, 2007 at 4:59 PM

omnipotent on June 13, 2007 at 4:54 PM

Obvious pandering towards our lovely host, but…does have a nice ring to it……

doriangrey on June 13, 2007 at 4:59 PM

Wow. Is it my breath?

Michelle on June 13, 2007 at 4:24 PM

giving fred the benefit of the doubt Id say its because you havent endorsed him yet Michelle.

Fred has taken a wait and see attitude and I think its also wise to do the same thing when it comes to endorsements.

William Amos on June 13, 2007 at 5:15 PM

Wow. Is it my breath?

Michelle on June 13, 2007 at 4:24 PM

No Presidential candidate who has a chance can associate with anyone who has a principled, unapologetic, pro-American, pro-capitalism, anti-totalitarian Islam stance. You’re not part of the groupthink pragmatists, Michelle, and you’re better off for it.

Lazarus on June 13, 2007 at 5:16 PM

I’ll agree with Michelle, he needs to quit screwing around and declare already. He needs to either let it leak that he’ll make a formal announcement, or just do it.

Bad Candy on June 13, 2007 at 5:16 PM

Update: Wiiiide open. As vast as the blue Tennessee sky.

Heh, OK, how long did it take you to decide you couldn’t get a good whittling or cracker barrel joke before you gave up and went with that one Allah?

Bad Candy on June 13, 2007 at 5:20 PM

Surprising he doesn’t have PJ’s on there- he posted directly there. I imagine it’ll be updated.

AoS? Not so surprising. Ace has one of my favorite blogs, but I’m not sure the MSM would have a sense of humor about linking to a self-described “moron blog” that jokingly (or is it jokingly?) advocates the hunting of hobos for sport and hatred for Scandinavians.

Chris Matthews, debate moderator: “Mr. Thompson, your blog links to the “Ace of Spades” blog. For how long have you advocated the murder of alcohol dependant homeless Americans? In addition, what is your plan for the illegal occupation of Norway?”

Fred Thompson: *Glare*

Chris Matthews, debate moderator: *grabs throat, dies*

Audience: *Wild cheers and applause*

I take that back, maybe he should…

Hollowpoint on June 13, 2007 at 5:21 PM

Bad Candy on June 13, 2007 at 5:16 PM

His campaign essentially has, suggesting it’ll come the first week of July. Historically that’s not a terribly late entry into the race, though it’s pretty clear he’s already been a a candidate for some time, declared or not.

Hollowpoint on June 13, 2007 at 5:27 PM

Yeah Hollowpoint, I don’t think anyone would link AoS, and I don’t think Ace cares. Its not meant to be a mainstream site. Heh, and the running jokes alone would probably cause trouble, though it would be awesome to hear Fred give Lindsey Grahamnesty the Anka treatment, not to mention the stuff in comments.

Heh, like a f*cking hammer!

Who’s is PJ’s? Redstate?

Bad Candy on June 13, 2007 at 5:30 PM

Fred! only lists sites on his blog where a majority of readers voted him as their top choice in the gop straw polls.

(too good to check)

lorien1973 on June 13, 2007 at 5:31 PM

Y’all realize we’re just having fun here, yes?

Michelle on June 13, 2007 at 5:36 PM

Is anyone curious who “michael” is who posts the blog entries?

lorien1973 on June 13, 2007 at 5:36 PM

Y’all realize we’re just having fun here, yes?

Michelle on June 13, 2007 at 5:36 PM

Well, now we do.

TexasDan on June 13, 2007 at 5:40 PM

Yeah, totally Michelle, but he does need to declare.

Oh, and tomorrow oughta be good. Geraldo’s in for a hell of a fight.

Bad Candy on June 13, 2007 at 5:46 PM

Y’all realize we’re just having fun here, yes?

Michelle on June 13, 2007 at 5:36 PM

So don’t proceed with the fatwa?

frankj on June 13, 2007 at 5:49 PM

So don’t proceed with the fatwa?

frankj on June 13, 2007 at 5:49 PM

Aww…

Bad Candy on June 13, 2007 at 5:50 PM

I refuse to believe that anything on this site is sarcastic in nature.

And I want a pony.

Tman on June 13, 2007 at 5:54 PM

It will be interesting to see just how much FT relies on the Internet (in lieu of kissing babies) and if it works.

A question for Michelle: Will there be enough room in the studio tomorrow for all three of you? Yourself, Geraldo and his ego.

repvoter on June 13, 2007 at 5:58 PM

Wow, I mucked up that link pretty bad. But it takes you to the right place at least….

Privatestock on June 13, 2007 at 5:58 PM

Y’all realize we’re just having fun here, yes?

Michelle on June 13, 2007 at 5:36 PM

So don’t proceed with the fatwa?

frankj on June 13, 2007 at 5:49 PM

I wanted the fatwa :-)

steveegg on June 13, 2007 at 5:59 PM

Y’all?????

Is Michelle a closet Fredhead? ; )

The Ugly American on June 13, 2007 at 6:01 PM

Allah,

Can you post a link? Many of the videos do even show up for me.

Thanks

usarmyretired on June 13, 2007 at 6:14 PM

Who’s is PJ’s? Redstate?

Bad Candy on June 13, 2007 at 5:30 PM

Pajamas Media; he posted there. Being a semi-frequent AoS commenter, I wasn’t confident in my ability to spell “Pajamas” so I abbreviated it with PJ’s.

Hollowpoint on June 13, 2007 at 6:20 PM

usarmyretired – link to the video above

I wonder where our favorite anti-Fredhead is.

steveegg on June 13, 2007 at 6:32 PM

I don’t know about Lindsey, but he would lock it up by taking out McCain via duel.

steveegg on June 13, 2007 at 6:33 PM

Now if he would have said that last night on Leno……
Limerick on June 13, 2007 at 4:22 PM

Now, now. You know ol freddie boy is sitting in the weeds waiting for the perfect time to jump out and take the announced candidate unawares. We all know that the entire republican field is focusing their campaigns, not on their strengths, but on freds? perceived weaknesses.

Boy oh boy! He’s got em right whar he wants em.

/sarc off

csdeven on June 13, 2007 at 6:37 PM

Y’all?????

When Fred! Is president. Ya’ll will be the official you plural. And about damn time, too.

lorien1973 on June 13, 2007 at 6:40 PM

Speak of the devil….

steveegg on June 13, 2007 at 6:49 PM

Boy oh boy! He’s got em right whar he wants em.

/sarc off

csdeven on June 13, 2007 at 6:37 PM

Yeah, that “announce absurdly early” strategy is working much better for Flipper Mitt than Fred’s strategy. Where does Flipper Mitt stand in the polls in relation to Fred again? I can’t remember.

Hollowpoint on June 13, 2007 at 6:51 PM

Wow. Is it my breath?
Michelle on June 13, 2007 at 4:24 PM

No, it’s not you Michelle. It’s, it’s, it’s…

ME. I’m a baaaaaaaaad boy.

csdeven on June 13, 2007 at 6:57 PM

Hollowpoint on June 13, 2007 at 6:51 PM

You forget that cs’s candidate is not Flipper Mitt but Liberal Rudy.

steveegg on June 13, 2007 at 7:01 PM

steveegg on June 13, 2007 at 7:01 PM

ROFLMAO! (rolleyes)

I have no candidate. My candidate will be the strongest one at nomination time.

csdeven on June 13, 2007 at 7:07 PM

I have no candidate. My candidate will be the strongest one at nomination time.

csdeven on June 13, 2007 at 7:07 PM

Your earlier comments sure made it sound like you were backing Rudy over the field.

Question; are you in a state where the primary won’t matter (pretty much any state holding the primary past the middle of February)?

steveegg on June 13, 2007 at 7:10 PM

steveegg, two clues – northwest and central time…

Entelechy on June 13, 2007 at 7:47 PM

Nope. I have not settled on any candidate.

steveegg on June 13, 2007 at 7:10 PM

Yeah, right now we (Idaho May 27th) are pretty much worthless. There is a push to move it back to Feb 5th or 12th.

csdeven on June 13, 2007 at 7:54 PM

Haha. I feel like such a pioneer. I am the first person at Bloglines to subscribe to Fred!’s blog! I guess I better go read the thing now.

Mallard T. Drake on June 13, 2007 at 8:11 PM

Anyway, anybody seen ? Seejanemom has this link posted on her blog (highly recommended). And it looks to me like he’s already in the race. After watching this I thought I had missed the announcement, so I came here to see. He’s definately running, he just hasn’t said the words “I’m definately running” yet.

Privatestock on June 13, 2007 at 5:57 PM

Just watched it off a Redstate post. If the Leno appearance was a ground-ball single, this one was definitely a home run. This is the Fred Thompson so many of us are excited about.

Hollowpoint on June 13, 2007 at 8:17 PM

If he’s catching flack for “leering” at his own wife, what might happen if he linked you?

TBinSTL on June 13, 2007 at 8:39 PM

When are the rest of you going to realize how many of these posters are part of the contrarian corps here? They will play devils advocate and feign indifference while telling themselves that they are offering an invaluable service by helping us to hone our arguments. It’s pretty much simple self indulgence and they are too clever by half.

TBinSTL on June 13, 2007 at 8:47 PM

[Hollowpoint on June 13, 2007 at 8:17 PM]

It was okay, but I’ll give Fred! a thumbs because I didn’t watch it all.

Robinson was a huge distraction, and, to me, made me think is he prepping Fred!; leading Fred! by the nose; or just strutting like an unselfconscious peacock. I turned it off after the figdety ‘Bartlett’ said, “… and I think I can quote him exactly …’ re: Bork on Roe v Wade which was about 5th annoying time he preened his quoting skills.

Advice to Fred!: Don’t do a meet with Robinson again.

Dusty on June 13, 2007 at 9:00 PM

I know AP made at dig about having Michelle’s blog on his blogroll but I think that is tempered by the consideration that Michelle is more or less a regular on Fox News shows and including her may have been construed as either an endorsement from Fox or at least been used to attack anything she may say, pro or con in regards to Freds! campaign.
He does have Hot Air on there but Fred, oh Fred show your support of our troops. Ever hear of the Mudville Gazette and the Milblogs.

LakeRuins on June 13, 2007 at 9:12 PM

Nope. I have not settled on any candidate.

You’re not too far from where I am (or at least was before Fred formed his exploratory committee). I’m too much of a history buff to ignore recent history with regards to the 3 announced front-runners, however.

I really would like to see some hypothetical matchups from those not supporting the named candidates (e.g. Giuliani vs Clinton only among those not supporting either in their primaries). I’ve seen some rumblings that Giuliani isn’t faring too well in that, but I haven’t seen anybody link to such a poll lately.

That explains your lack of settlement. Wisconsin’s primary was moved up from the first Tuesday in April (the spring general) to the third Tuesday in February (the 19th, coincides with the spring primaries), and we’re still in the meaningless category because everybody else moved up to the beginning of February.

Personally, I believe the only states that matter are Iowa, New Hampshire, South Carolina, and the largest of the Super-Duper Tuesday states (and the last only if somebody doesn’t win 2 out of the first 3).

steveegg on June 13, 2007 at 9:24 PM

That explains your lack of settlement.
steveegg on June 13, 2007 at 9:24 PM

I haven’t settled on a candidate because I don’t see much of a trade off difference between them all. Mitt! is this, but Rudy is that. McCain is strong here, but weak there. The only person I have totally eliminated is fred? because the guy refuses to announce and is playing silly games with a date to announce. One he gets in, I’ll add him to my vetting process. I have to tell you that the fred? groupies hair renting mania over him has led me to look into his history to see what the hub-bub is all about. It isn’t there. No executive experience. 20 years in the same line of work as abramoff. His fake pickup truck scam. Weak senate record, etc. When I try to get as excited as the fredheads get, I feel shallow and overly optimistic. BUT, notwithstanding all that, if he ever announces, I will look and listen to him. And not because of the fred-mania, but because that’s what I do as a conservative.

Washington, Oregon, and Idaho are negotiating to create a super northwest primary for the 5th or 12th and at the latest the 19th. If they go with the 19th, I don’t see the point, but hey, a little here and a little there and maybe, one day, Idaho might just matter.

csdeven on June 13, 2007 at 11:29 PM

northwest and central time…
Entelechy on June 13, 2007 at 7:47 PM

Mountain time babe.

csdeven on June 13, 2007 at 11:31 PM

Where the good potatos are :) Yukon gold are my favorites. I was remotely following comments on when you were going to watch the Leno show, knowing that I’d skip it here on the West coast (too late due to early bus. trip).

I hope you guys move the primaries – pretty soon we’ll have them all on the same day. Everyone will have a say. I have no idea if that’s good or bad but we can discuss and consider. Calif. moved it and now FL and IL beat us. Might have to move again…

Entelechy on June 14, 2007 at 12:25 AM

Well, I watched the Hoover Institution vid with freddie boy and I gotta say, he didn’t do himself any favors. He doesn’t offer any solutions other than superficial explanations that others have already answered in depth.

Bla bla bla, “alternative minimum tax is going to go away”.
Hello fred?, we know.
His answer? “There’s a lot to do.”
No $hit fred?. HOW ARE YOU GOING TO DO IT!!!????

THEN, Robinson told him what things he could do to fix the problem and asked him where he was at on it.

freds? answer?
“I believe what milton freedman said”.
HOLY CRAP fred?!!! Really?

The iraq war….Robinson framed it for him, instead of letting freddie boy spout his very first thought on the Iraq war. THAT would tell us where his head is at. Then he says “we have to be careful about how we get out of there”. OH, no $hit fred?!! Good gravy!
Now, since fred? refuses to be specific, Robinson lays out a position and asks fred? if a loss in Iraq is unacceptable. freds? response? “We must exhaust every reasonable hope we have, to not lose that.” Really fred?? Does that mean a loss is an acceptable outcome for you if winning means having unreasonable hope? It’s obvious that fred? has see a possibility that we lose the Iraq war. Bzzzzzzz! WRONG ANSWER!
Then he goes off on Taiwan and china, human rights (what?) and then runs back to the 1400 year war the enemy has been waging on us and acts like a loss is unacceptable! “We have to be steady.” Steady fred?? Steady? Is a loss in Iraq, STEADY?? Jeeze, what a clown!

The rest is the same lead fred? by the nose questions….

And then, at the end, the capstone of a$$inie statements as to why he is running…..

I’M DOING IT FOR THE CHILDREN!!!! MY CHILDREN!!!!

Oh, okay Hillary. I’m convinced. Tell me fred?, was your 20 years of arm twisting public officials for the benefit of special interest groups “For the kids” also?

csdeven on June 14, 2007 at 12:49 AM

FDS?

Random Numbers (Brian Epps) on June 14, 2007 at 2:56 AM

FDS?
Random Numbers (Brian Epps) on June 14, 2007 at 2:56 AM

FDS doesn’t exist. He’d have to be an actual candidate in order to get his own syndrome named for him. I have WNCRIS.

Waffling Non-Candidate Righteous Indignation Syndrome. :-)

People can’t take my complaints about fred? personally. I just don’t think he has shown he has what it takes and I am more than a little impatient waiting for him to get on the ball.

csdeven on June 14, 2007 at 7:44 AM

csdeven on June 14, 2007 at 7:44 AM

WNCRIS.

Waffling Non-Candidate Righteous Indignation SyndromeLBS..Lying B@st@rd Syndrom…

doriangrey on June 14, 2007 at 10:03 AM

Is anyone curious who “michael” is who posts the blog entries?

lorien1973 on June 13, 2007 at 5:36 PM

His name links to “admin”, so he’s probably the site administrator. Beyond that, I’m not sure.

Kevin on June 14, 2007 at 4:41 PM