Video: Dennis Miller goes nuclear on Harry Reid

posted at 11:09 pm on June 10, 2007 by Allahpundit

The e-mails are flooding in. You want it? You got it.

If Rasmussen’s right, this should resonate broadly.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3

Just. Wow.

Freelancer on June 10, 2007 at 11:13 PM

Wow. Thanks, AP, I had missed that. Way to go Miller!

Spirit of 1776 on June 10, 2007 at 11:14 PM

Miller Time, indeed.

hillbillyjim on June 10, 2007 at 11:14 PM

I’m doing a one-man standing ovation.

phile on June 10, 2007 at 11:17 PM

Miller’s radio show is really good – I think he fits in well with that medium. Gift of gab and rant, yadda yadda.

Highly recommended if you liked this.

Good Lt on June 10, 2007 at 11:18 PM

Sadly, the laugh track ruined it for me. Why are they still using that thing?

Benaiah on June 10, 2007 at 11:19 PM

Thank God someone agrees with my household and office. Reid is generally as obnoxious about everything as Bush is specifically on Immigration. No matter who walks by the channel is changed, everyone says thanks.

pat on June 10, 2007 at 11:23 PM

The show is taped in front of a live audience.

pat on June 10, 2007 at 11:25 PM

Miller was sadly misplaced on Monday Night Football, but he has now definitely found his niche. Way to go Dennis!

hillbillyjim on June 10, 2007 at 11:30 PM

Dear Mr. Miller,

Can I post this video on my tombstone?

Limerick

Limerick on June 10, 2007 at 11:31 PM

Reid got pwned.

Graybark on June 10, 2007 at 11:40 PM

No one can dismantle a hypocrite like Dennis can.

Reid, you’ve been pwned.

infidel4life on June 10, 2007 at 11:41 PM

Whoa! Ain’t much use kickin’ a dead horse, but drop kick the old nag another one for me Mr. Miller! Well played!

serenity on June 10, 2007 at 11:42 PM

Brilliant….Brilliant!

msipes on June 10, 2007 at 11:44 PM

I’m so happy.

dostrick on June 10, 2007 at 11:48 PM

WOW!
Thank you Mr. Miller.

Still laughing (btw, there is no laugh track, that is a live audience).

WOW!

BobH on June 10, 2007 at 11:53 PM

Wow!

Talk about putting all six in the 10 Ring!

Hit ‘im again, Dennis. I thought I saw Harry twitch.

Jack.

Jack Deth on June 10, 2007 at 11:54 PM

Note to Senate Democrats: Keep up the good work.

Don’t celebrate too much. A lot of that crumble is due to them pissing off the anti-war crowd. If they cut the funding for Iraq, you’re apt to see their numbers creep up.

Allahpundit on June 10, 2007 at 11:54 PM

YOW! I was flinching and I’m SO not Harry Reid.

I guess this definitively means that FOX will be a target of the “fairness doctrine” dragnet.

smellthecoffee on June 10, 2007 at 11:55 PM

On the off-chance no one is aware of it, Dennis Miller has a radio show now. A simple web search will bring up the show’s home page, where you can follow the links for live listening or archived podcasts. Good stuff.

Graybark on June 11, 2007 at 12:02 AM

Right on! Hot damn, It’s Miller time!

Some please make sure Reid is still alive and kicking tomorrow morning or I’m certain someone will blame whatever ailes him on Dennis…

Nothing is more damaging than the truth, eh? :-)

rightg33k on June 11, 2007 at 12:04 AM

Now THAT was a verbal A**-kicking!!!

Miller Rocks!!!!

Lonevoice on June 11, 2007 at 12:06 AM

Allahpundit on June 10, 2007 at 11:54 PM

You undoubtedly have a point, but I cannot help but to think the Illegal Alien Amnesty Debacle has played a large part in the democrats recent loss of positive polling numbers. Americans don’t like the idea of being sold out by their representatives, and this affects all Americans.

DannoJyd on June 11, 2007 at 12:10 AM

Damn it……..Dennis you are da man now dog……

doriangrey on June 11, 2007 at 12:13 AM

that was a verbose intelligent whipping of Reid like he either stole something at wal-mart or was a dog that stole a turkey leg

Defector01 on June 11, 2007 at 12:16 AM

Problem is, it doesn’t fit with the show since it’s a serious commentary with some humor instead of humorous commentary.

frankj on June 11, 2007 at 12:20 AM

Miller’s radio show is great. A few oddball callers every now and then, but otherwise, Miller is fair to his guests. The show is funny and informative and Mark Steyn is on like once a week!

robblefarian on June 11, 2007 at 12:20 AM

Reid cut his political teeth as a member of the Nevada Gaming Commission. He is a political w***e, for sale to the highest bidder. Always has been, always will be.

Labamigo on June 11, 2007 at 12:27 AM

Mr. Miller, that was FLIPPIN’ SWEET!!
My wife and I were slack-jawed stunned at the glorious and well deserved rant!

Slightly OT: I am loving the ACLU “ads” they play on HHNH. They cleverly highlight the societal damage that that communist front group has wreaked over the years.

common sensineer on June 11, 2007 at 12:27 AM

Dennis Miller rocks and he hit this one right out of the park. I think it’s strange that Reid’s sudden drop in the polls would be considered the anti war folks when dislike for the shamnesty bill is so bipartisan. The Democrats I know were calling their Senators and complaining about the bill too.

Buzzy on June 11, 2007 at 12:27 AM

Yeee-Haw!

I used to dislike Dennis Miller, but then he switched sides. That was an erudite masterpiece!

Tennman on June 11, 2007 at 12:31 AM

Miller: vox clamantis in deserto…

He’s not the first, of course, but if he does this right, he could be the most effective.

wccawa on June 11, 2007 at 12:40 AM

Awesome. You know this is going to be covered as a personal attack against Harry Reid, which I suppose it is, but you’re absolutely correct in asserting that it may resonate broadly. At least the frustration part. Well done, sir. I hope this is what we can expect of future DM segments.

Deas on June 11, 2007 at 12:41 AM

Does the senate have a big screen this could be played on the next the senate is in session?

Sad but true, Harry “caulking gun voice” Reid is all those things or lack thereof.

If Miller can attack liberals, Republicans can, oh wait most of the Republicans are just liberals with a higher grade of panty waist certification.

They’re the ones didn’t stand up to liberals even when they had the majority and now most have ‘America the sellout opportunity’ on their business cards or maybe ‘will of dee peeples? we don need no stingging peeples’!

Got news, if you don’t need or care about us, we don’t need or care about you.

Speakup on June 11, 2007 at 12:46 AM

Oh my…

V15J on June 11, 2007 at 12:50 AM

I watched that lame-ass Sopranos finale and missed this?

Damn you, David Chase, damn you to Hell!!!!

Vinnie on June 11, 2007 at 12:51 AM

someone please youtube this and start spreading it

Crapgame13 on June 11, 2007 at 12:54 AM

Oh. My. God. Double Ouch. Ah, that hurts… so good. I’m can’t believe I ‘m even thinking it, but I’m embarrassed for poor Mr. Reid. The truth stings.

How does Dennis feel about Paris?

Scotsman on June 11, 2007 at 12:55 AM

We need more Dennis Miller clips rather than anything that has to do with the View. Unless, of course, it is Dennis Miller on the View.

Ferris on June 11, 2007 at 12:56 AM

“…said horse’s derriere” and the last few secs, where Dennis has to laugh at what he’d just produced made me smile the most.

Still, he didn’t call him the “reaper”, like AP, which describes the ‘leader’ the best.

If times weren’t so sobering he (Reid) would put the whole country to sleep.

Entelechy on June 11, 2007 at 1:05 AM

Well, maybe next week DM won’t be quite so reserved and tell us what he really thinks.

P. James Moriarty on June 11, 2007 at 1:09 AM

I’d like to see how he sums up Pelosi.

That was great!

Bob's Kid on June 11, 2007 at 1:12 AM

POW! Right in the kisser!

Dave Shay on June 11, 2007 at 1:14 AM

He stole my entire conversation with my brother last Friday!

Yo, Dennis, where’s the bug?

Reid: the grey stuff that collects in scummy fishtanks, shaped into something humanoid, fitted with a broken kazoo for a windpipe, and send forth to pullulate and whine.

profitsbeard on June 11, 2007 at 1:19 AM

That was a thing of beauty. Miller at his best.

wordwarp on June 11, 2007 at 1:30 AM

THIS

is how

EVERYONE

needs to talk about

ALL

the Democrats.

“New Tone” go to hell.

Halley on June 11, 2007 at 1:31 AM

Someone tell Miller to run for office. I’d vote for the guy. Just imagine him speaking on the Senate floor. It’d be entertaining to say the least.

Yakko77 on June 11, 2007 at 1:31 AM

BURN!!!

Glynn on June 11, 2007 at 1:36 AM

“Ashen pie-hole”…lmao. Reid is the wimpiest dude in the Senate…and that’s saying a lot with Lindsey Graham in the chamber!

SouthernGent on June 11, 2007 at 1:48 AM

Miller should be the White House Press Secretary.

windbag on June 11, 2007 at 1:48 AM

For.The.Win.

liquidflorian on June 11, 2007 at 2:04 AM

As a Nevadan I say a big AMEN! (No, I didn’t vote for him.)

Mojave Mark on June 11, 2007 at 2:26 AM

that was great

Black Adam on June 11, 2007 at 2:29 AM

I would like to see Dennis Miller as the next White House press secretary.

Imagine…

unamused on June 11, 2007 at 2:56 AM

I love Miller but he really is sucking at the tit of Fox news.

Would Miller rip on Wolfowitz, Libby, Gonzalez…Bush? No, at least not on Fox noise channel.

The 1/2 Hour News Hour on Fox is insipid. The one show I tried to watch really stunk, really was horrible. Miller is getting paid to save it. Conservatives want something to counter The Daily Show, Colbert Report and Bill Maher.

Unlike 99.9% of all conservatives, who haven’t a sense of humor or talent, Miller has some, but he was just being a jerk now.

Miller is no longer an entertainer, he’s a far right partisan political pundit. He got fired from Monday night sports after two sessions. In a poll Sept, 2006 ESPN’s SportsCenter, Miller ranked the worst Monday Night Football commentator of all time. He learned his lesson, give the boss (Bill-Oh, Rupert Murdoch) what he wants and pander to the audience. He clearly panders to what he thinks is the 30% lock steppers that watch that garbage.

Miller is usually fair, conservative but fair, but now its just bash Dems and only Dems. Clearly there’s more buffoonery and clowning in the republican White House for comedy material. Gonzalez: “I don’t remember not remembering” (71 times) Gee that’s funny when you spit in the American peoples face and on the judicial system. Gonzalez is an incompetent amateurish maladroit. Gonzo, the marionette for Rove/Cheney/Bush, uninhabited with intellect. No wounder Bush likes him, He’s FROM Texas! Hows that for a Miller-ism.

Miller Lugubrious diatribe, rant and rave, ad-hominem attack is ridiculous, rude and not funny. You could say what he said about half of the politicians in DC, including conservatives and republicans. What does his ashen skin color have to do with anything. Bush looks like a monkey, ha ha ha. Is that funny.

I have lost respect for Miller. It was not funny and was mean spirited and hostile BS. He says the terrorist are embolden by Reid? Please, get a freaking grip Miller. Yea thank God for the republicans and George W, my hero. I think our president does more damage than any Senator.

Miller did not address any current event or facts, and just was not funny. It was a disgusting personal attack. Few if any “liberal main stream media” comics are that vicious or personal, except for may be HBO’s Bill Maher. Bill Maher does go too far in his ad-hominem attacks on Bush.

Comedy is suppose to be funny, with some truth, right.

Don’t get me wrong, Reid is not an attractive person, nor do I like it when he said “we lost”. We have. That is true, but you don’t couch it like that when you are Senate majority leader.

Miller quotes:

chalk outline (What?)
dim bulb (really and Bush is…)
Mr. Limpid (Slam on actor Don Knots?)
ashen pie hole (pale white people suck?)
Dorian Gray (That’s obtuse, book, movie, band?)
non-entity (no-body..Millers inner self loathing?)
mediocre man (Projection? no Millers ego too huge?)
vague & translucent (Britney Spears would say, Huh?)
whiny hack (Ironic, washed-up comic hack, whining)
trifling person (Get it, you comic, him US Senator)
derrière of horse (nice, french, we-we)
never should be allowed to speak in public

Never should be allowed to speak? Millers conversion to far right wing wacko conservatism is near. All politicians, especially conservatives, secretly hate free-speech and want to control the media, which is why Fox news exist. Conservatives bash the MSM, to marginalize and intimidate them. Well, I dream of the day Bush stops opening his trap, embarrassing America. 589 days left! Any one would be better.

I expected Miller to be fair and this was total BS. Would miller Riff on Wolfowitz, Libby, Gonzalez? No

BTW People who use “Big Words” are insecure and try to make people think they are smarter than they are. Dennis Miller, The Thesaurus Comic, it’s getting old. It’s an old shtik, so 80′s.

Miller you officially SUCK you little twit. On the Bill “sexual harassment” O’Reily’s show, you compromise your intellect. I see Miller squirm when O’Reily, “loofah boy”, tries to pin him down on some conservative demagoguery. Bill-Oh says something totally inane and ignorant, and Miller let’s it slide or tepidly comments. I can see he want to rip Bill-Oh but does not. SUCK UP. I can see his soul dying as he sells out for a buck.

You really need to figure out what your soul is worth. Be conservative, bash the Dems, but don’t be intellectually dishonest and partisan. It sucks the fun out of the comedy and credibility out of the commentary.

gmcjetpilot on June 11, 2007 at 3:05 AM

Dennis handed weasel-boy Reid his ass!

Can’t wait to hear the reaction Reid gives to this in that natural Sandleresque whisper/whine of his!

Teddy on June 11, 2007 at 3:11 AM

That was great. He needs to do one on all the top democrats and RINOs and make an album. I’d buy it.

CountryDoc on June 11, 2007 at 3:24 AM

gmcjetpilot on June 11, 2007 at 3:05 AM

Methinks someone’s hero was just insulted. Sorry, GMC, but Miller’s dead on with this one.

Also, the reason he’s against all Democrats (or seems to be) these days is because Dems are the ones publicly crapping all over the system at the moment. If and when Bush or one of his minions does something stupid, Miller holds that person to task – as many conservative pundits often do when conservative leaders mess up.

Woudln’t it be refreshing if national liberal commentators could (and more importantly, would) do that to their leadership?

Mibrilane on June 11, 2007 at 3:51 AM

gmcjetpilot on June 11, 2007 at 3:05 AM

Miller was great, and you getting your panties in a wad was icing on the cake.

Would Olbermann rip on Reid or Pelosi or any other democrat? No, even if he wasn’t on msnbc. But at least you’re up to date and know that faux news has been replaced with fox noise in the liberal lexicon.

And your little temper tantrum shows that you don’t want that to happen. Another great example of the liberal motto free speech for me, but not for thee.

Bush looks like a monkey, ha ha ha. Is that funny.

Apparently so since liberal editorial cartoonists have been drawing Bush like a monkey for the past seven years.

. Few if any “liberal main stream media” comics are that vicious or personal

Nice way to hide behind “main stream”. Every liberal comic today has much worse things to say about Bush and Republicans, but of course you’ll just say they are’nt main stream.

c

And cnn, msnbc, npr, new york times, etc… all exist to enlighten us with their objective reporting.

but don’t be intellectually dishonest and partisan

You should take your own advice.

forged rite on June 11, 2007 at 4:16 AM

Ouch! It’s not every day one sees a dressing-down this thorough.

flipflop on June 11, 2007 at 5:58 AM

Am I reading that Rasmussen report right? Harry Reid’s “approval rating” is lower than the President’s?

flipflop on June 11, 2007 at 6:01 AM

Yes, Yes YESSSSS!!!!! Sigh – I am in love.

Ellen on June 11, 2007 at 6:16 AM

Heh.

My daughter thought it was mean, so it must have been perfect.

Jaibones on June 11, 2007 at 6:39 AM

gmcjetpilot on June 11, 2007 at 3:05 AM

Well that post should go down is some sort of hall of fame. I think Harry Reid posts at HotAir. That has to be you, doesn’t it, senator? I really can’t see any other explanation.

I just wish there was video of you while you were posting that. Is there? Please? I want to see what happens when a sissy liberal has a complete meltdown.

reaganaut on June 11, 2007 at 7:51 AM

I wish I could stay up later in the night to hear his talk show more…love him!

deedledee on June 11, 2007 at 7:56 AM

Miller. The king of smack down commentaries. That is one for the ages.

Go get Dennis! We love ya!

csdeven on June 11, 2007 at 7:57 AM

Miller said what ALL of America thinks of Reid….only in
an extremely eloquent manner. I love an intellectual smart ass. The entire Democrat Party is only full of….well, asses.

lynnv on June 11, 2007 at 8:01 AM

Outstanding. Simply outstanding and right on target.

katieanne on June 11, 2007 at 8:02 AM

Of course that should read:

Go get em Dennis!

csdeven on June 11, 2007 at 8:17 AM

gmcjetpilot,

That screed was one of the worse cases I’ve even seen of an utter waste of words and typing energy. You are the blogger’s Harry Reid. You actually don’t understand that you are mentally ill.

Egfrow on June 11, 2007 at 8:32 AM

Wow, that was excellent. I love it when a hammer repeatedly hits a nail to the point where the hammer goes through the wood.

Coronagold on June 11, 2007 at 8:38 AM

Hey! That’s my senator he’s talking about!!

But it is okay, I don’t mind! :-)

TwinkietheKid on June 11, 2007 at 8:47 AM

Wish Dennis would say what he really thinks.

Wade on June 11, 2007 at 8:50 AM