Video: Geraldo kinda sorta calls Michelle a Nazi

posted at 10:09 pm on June 8, 2007 by Allahpundit

This is one of those precious few occasions where I wish I wasn’t blogging at HA so I could lay into him in a manner commensurate with his own viciousness. But he and the boss are colleagues so I’ll leave the invective (or lack thereof) to her. Suffice it to say, it’s even clearer now than it was this morning that Geraldo sees no dimension to this rather highly multidimensional issue except race. Nor does he seem to grasp any distinction between prejudice towards Jews for who they are and opposition to a small subset of Latinos, whites, blacks, Asians, etc. for a choice they’ve made. Combine the two and you’ve got the quintessence of a leftist argument: venomous demagoguery of his opponent’s motives coupled with absolute absolution for the malfeasance of the “victimized” group due to their perceived lack of personal autonomy. Disgraceful, and transparently racist in its own right. And as you’ll see, he takes it far enough that he’s willing to let aliens convicted of crimes stay here even if we have the means to deport them.

I’ll leave it there. FYI, the clip begins with Michelle’s “week in review” segment. Geraldo appears a little more than halfway through.

Update: And right on cue, here’s Exhibit B — tomorrow’s NYT editorial.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

Geraldo argues like a teenage girl.

Zelda on June 9, 2007 at 10:37 AM

Q: Senator Bono, what do you think of illegal immigration?

A: Well….it’s Illegal!

Classic. I miss him.

Glynn on June 9, 2007 at 10:42 AM

You’re absolutely right.

The man is such a racist.

Esthier on June 9, 2007 at 10:54 AM

O’Reilly and Geraldo in a Thunderdome death match is something I’d pay to see since they both pompous buffoons.

Purple Avenger on June 9, 2007 at 11:19 AM

As soon as I saw Jerry Rivers’ face I changed the channel. His comments were predictable but this is a new racist low even for him. I laughed out loud when O’Reilly said, “Remove yourself from this argument.” or something to that effect. Jerry is such a self-centered, self-serving radical there is no argument if he is not a part of it. He’s the definition of myopic.

JEFF_IN_NC on June 9, 2007 at 11:22 AM

O’Reilly: “nobody’s buying this.”
Geraldo: “… if they look like me, they’re buying it. ha.”

No, if they think like a foreigner trying to break in, they’re buying it. Why is Geraldo still thinking like a foreigner? I wouldn’t let ‘good people’ live in my house simply because they are ‘good’. Why would I be willing to do it with my nation? Legal immigrants, following our rules are aces in my book. Illegals? Buh bye.

(also, screw Geraldo.)

Kevin M on June 9, 2007 at 11:40 AM

Geraldo wasted no time at all demonstrating Godwin’s Law.

Whenever the argument refers to Nazis in the very first rebuttal, we know what we are really dealing with there.

The Machine on June 9, 2007 at 12:03 PM

GR needs to wear his “aussie” hat and his “red baron” scarf.

jhow66 on June 9, 2007 at 12:09 PM

‘Who you callin an Uncle Tom?’

Readymade on June 9, 2007 at 12:30 PM

Bill O’Reilly and Rivera are two peas in a pod. Both useful idiots.

PRCalDude on June 9, 2007 at 12:42 PM

I loved the part where ‘the Boss’ chastised O’Reilly for talking about sending 12 million illegals home. She is so on track with that and he is so wrong he needs to STFU about that issue. Michelle makes sense with the attrition approach. The illegals did not get here overnight and the road to fixing this huge problem will not happen overnight. That is why a comprehensive package is no answer and never will be. We need to proceed with caution and get this right this time.

Wade on June 9, 2007 at 12:43 PM

Luckily, I’m not constrained by Allah’s requisite civility, so I’m happy to call Geraldo what he is; an America hating, racist slimeball. Really.

I know he was in Iraq and he says the troops “loved” him. I know some got pissed at him for his little mission faux pas; but you can’t love America and advocate sweeping away a bunch of laws meant to protect her and her citizens on the basis of race (he keeps bringing up Latino, Latino, Latino in every interview, as if its something personal… its not).

Someone above said it right; he was beside himself and could not bring himself to support amendments that would have thrown out molesters and gang members. Letting convicted child molesters stay in the US because there isn’t an age of the victim on their conviction papers? How absolutely assinine is that?!? Yet to Geraldo, his tie in the form of ‘race’ is more important than citizenship, jurisprudence and fairness wrapped up together. It’s this kind of narrow minded association that special interest groups play that is hurting America.

It really sickens me that Fox News continues to have him on… does he have pictures of one of the Murdoch brood with a farm animal?

“Tearing mothers from their children”… then don’t come here! Don’t say it’s the law’s fault that you disobeyed it! How irrational can you be?

MM, as usual, was brilliant and tough.

As for mass deportations, if we just managed to deport a few hundred thousand with regular raids, the problem would solve itself. ICE opens a tip line, $5000 reward for anyone who (correctly) reports a company as hiring illegals… much cheaper than amnesty. A few weeks of ICE raids and people will be packing it up. Buh bye.

Then we can get back to the way immigration was meant to be; legal and from EVERYWHERE in the world. Fair and slow.

linlithgow on June 9, 2007 at 1:04 PM

Before we get all upset, Geraldo has always been a joke. NO ONE takes him seriously, he has less than zero credibility. I think FOX has him on the payroll for shock value.

bmac on June 9, 2007 at 1:28 PM

I want to know why Geraldo disappeared from the RedEye set without warning or explanation. He was there(with his cool shades) and then he was gone. I think Levy scared him.

TBinSTL on June 9, 2007 at 1:41 PM

Saul Alinsky is Hill’s mentor, her thesis was on him, apparently Geraldo, Sharpton et al like his tactics too.

In 1971, Saul Alinsky wrote an entertaining classic on grassroots organizing titled Rules for Radicals.

Rule 5: Ridicule is man’s most potent weapon. It’s hard to counterattack ridicule, and it infuriates the opposition, which then reacts to your advantage.

Saul Alinsky
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Alinsky was a critic of a passive and ineffective mainstream liberalism. In Rules for Radicals, he argued that the most effective means are whatever will achieve the desired ends, and that an intermediate end for radicals should be democracy because of its relative ease to work within to achieve other ends of social justice.

Speakup on June 9, 2007 at 1:51 PM

I would do a better job at Fox than Geraldo.

Tim Burton on June 9, 2007 at 2:23 PM

I’m disappointed. Malkin dodged O’Reilly’s hypothetical question about the illegal alien neighbor.

I understand why, though.

–but my position is: I don’t mind giving amnesty to illegal immigrants who are already in this country but they must register within 90 days of any such announcement. I don’t mind allowing these people to stay, not only because they have been here and likely have children who were born in this country, but because it is logistically impossible to deport 20 million people. Although, any amnesty given to any illegal alien must only come when the southern border of the United States is completely secured and a very stringent screening process is in place. After a wall is constructed in strategic areas and the Border Patrol agency is significantly increased and a screening process or guest worker program is operational, any illegal alien caught thereafter must be jailed and immediately deported…no questions and no exceptions.

Opinionnation on June 9, 2007 at 2:25 PM

Ironic that Geraldo would refer to a penis, because he’s a….

Tim Burton on June 9, 2007 at 2:29 PM

It makes me wonder if he’s simply been an opportunist all these years in the role of a parasite on his own people.

sonnyspats1 on June 8, 2007 at 10:50 PM

Parasite, opportunist; cashing in on the emotional aspect of this situation rather than being honest. Yes! Definitely, that’s Geraldo for you. I’m starting to see the race baiting too. He’s a disaster. Fox should give him the axe, but then I’m sure msnbc or cnn would pick him up in a second, and no one in those shows would ever point out his lies.

4shoes on June 9, 2007 at 3:28 PM

Jerry Rivers, a.k.a. Geraldo Rivera, is a faux Hispanic. He never did make it with the whites since his Al Capone fiasco some 20 years ago, so he’s ‘latched’ onto the La Raza crowd hoping to get some respect.

If I were a member of La Raza I would be thinking that Jerry is doing us disservice by his over-the-top, obnoxious behavior and his constant insinuations that everyone who opposes immigration as a racist.

Rivera is a ‘bomb thrower’. This is how he makes his living. If he weren’t on FOX, MSNBC would pick him up in a second.

What a troika that would be: Mathews, Olbermann, and Rivera. I can see MSNBC’s promo now: “MSNBC, bringing all the news that’s fit to vomit over”.

pocomoco on June 9, 2007 at 3:56 PM

I watched this originally and now again today. I am just at a loss for words. GR is despicable. He is a pandering phony. MM was (as usual) controlled, intelligent and RIGHT. GR was the complete opposite.

labwrs on June 9, 2007 at 4:02 PM

but because it is logistically impossible to deport 20 million people.

We don’t have to. Secure the borders and dry up the jobs and these illegals will head back to the $hithole countries they came from.

csdeven on June 9, 2007 at 4:15 PM

posted at 10:09 pm on June 8, 2007 by Allahpundit

Well since you can’t lay into Geraldo oh great Allah (praise be unto you) I’ll help out!

First, what do Geraldo’s mind and Al Capone’s vault have in common? They’re both EMPTY!

Geraldo has always been a hack, he will never be considered (by most) a journalist of any credibility or talent, in fact he should go back to doing his garbage Springer style talk shows (someone hand me a chair!) as it’s more in line with his “journalistic” abilities!

Also, isn’t Geraldo due for another sailing trip around the world? If so maybe we’ll all get lucky and he’ll set-sale on the USS Minnow…

Liberty or Death on June 9, 2007 at 5:22 PM

set-sale set-sail…duh!

Liberty or Death on June 9, 2007 at 5:23 PM

posted Allahpundit

No need to belabor the obvious. Geraldo has always been a ‘no-class’ reporter and pundit. And he just can’t seem to stop finding new ways to prove it.

Lawrence on June 9, 2007 at 5:29 PM

but because it is logistically impossible to deport 20 million people.

I don’t think anyone really wants to just deport 20 million people.

1. We need to enforce border security, which means no more illegal aliens.

2. We need to enforce (and also improve) the legal immigration process.

3. We need to deport illegal alien criminals before the commit crimes here in the U.S.

What we are asking, simply, is for the government to enforce the law.

If the government doesn’t want citizens to take law enforcement into their own hands, then the government better start enforcing the law.

Lawrence on June 9, 2007 at 5:33 PM

Geraldo’s been pulling the racism card out of his butt so often that it’s starting to look a little wrinkled.

profitsbeard on June 9, 2007 at 5:34 PM

By the by, I thought Geraldo was of Puerto Rican descent. What the heck is he complaining about? Gigantic sections of The City are spanish speaking legal immigrants or descendents of legal immigrants from Puerto Rico. Like 30% of Manhattan alone.

His support for the invasion being carried out by illegals is disgusting. He should be deported to northern Greenland. Ooh wait, Greenland, unlike America, is allowed to not accept illegal immigrants. Oh well.

Kevin M on June 9, 2007 at 5:42 PM

Just a note
whenever dealing with or confronted by geraldo or so many others of his ilk recalling “Hanlon’s Razor” may save you a bit of heartburn or agitation.
(Hanlon’s Razor cautions against attributing to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity)

It requires conscious thought to be malice, in geraldo’s case, its usually just stupidity

CPB

…the will of the masses is divided by far-reaching distortions and the mass mind is corrupted by a knowledge worse than ignorance because it is false.
Ely Culbertson

colorfulbeachpersona on June 9, 2007 at 6:44 PM

If you vote, The Libs and King George Soros have your number.

Egfrow on June 9, 2007 at 7:08 PM

The goal of the criminal system is (at least in part) to discourage behavior we don’t wish (and correspondingly encourage behavior we do wish).

Sure, I don’t think it’s done well; or even in many cases a job worth doing. But that is the system.

Giving people who violate the law a place in line ahead of people who follow the proper procedures doesn’t set a precedent for following Federal Laws in the future.

If disregard for the law is an important view that we need to engender in the current populace and the next generation, then this bill was perfect. If disregard for the law isn’t somehing that should be promoted, then those who illegally immigrated need to be placed behind those who legally immigrate.

And yes, I know this viewpoint makes me a racist Nazi looking to break up families. I’m ok with that.

gekkobear on June 9, 2007 at 9:04 PM

Lawrence on June 9, 2007 at 5:33 PM

You are right on, however, you are asking our lawmakers to be accountable, how dare you. /sarcasm

Wade on June 9, 2007 at 9:57 PM

Hey Geraldo…if Lennon HAD been deported, he might still be alive today, making great music.

fusionaddict on June 9, 2007 at 10:16 PM

Rivera is the original “TRASH TV GUY” with his stupid shows a while back.
He’s still the trash leader. Look at the wiki on him to see how many unethical issues he’s been involved with thru the years. From out right lying (300 miles from where he said he was) to kicked out for drawing maps in the sand…
Scroll down on the wiki,see his satanic views, his attacking numerous others, his lies, etc.

He’s a racist walking talking garbage dump, period.

shooter on June 9, 2007 at 11:14 PM

So Jerraldo thinks that people don’t already ‘profile’ those who they think might be aliens, versus those they know are (obviously) not, does he?

Well think again douchebag. Oh, and welcome to that thing we call ‘human nature’ too.

Teddy on June 10, 2007 at 1:01 AM

Huge credit to MM for standing up to the “Brilliant O’Reilly”. Grade A++++

She cut thru “Loofah” Bill’s “straw-man” BS as she said, or as Mitt would say non-sequitur, null-set.

“YOU DON’T THINK WE SHOULD OR CAN BE DRAGGING WOMAN AND CHILDREN INTO THE STREET AND DEPORTING 12 MILLION?”

What does that have to do with anything. How about we help the whole family go back to Mexico, so they can stay together? Hummmmm.

The idea is they came here illegally and stayed under the radar, got work and squeezed out some bambino we OWE them. The problem is secretly the illegal aliens (mostly Mexicans) are militant and defiant.

To a small extent we do owe them, but every one that has committed a crime needs to GO as Michelle said, Bye bye bye bye. I have no sympathy for criminals, from this country or illegally from other countries. Call me a racist I don’t care.

Clearly a border control, full fence from sea to gulf and man power is step one. Than we don’t ask, or plea or beg the illegals to come in and get paper work we tell them. You can get the word out easy enough on one of the two or three Spanish only TV broadcast or cable stations in my area, or the handful of Spanish only radio stations.

Than Bill-Oh brings up Paris Hilton? “I don’t care but what do you think?” Well if you don’t care BILL than shut UP!

MM expertly turned the conversation back to the important topic. Bravo!! What about arresting, jailing illegals that commit crimes. I can’t believe police can’t, don’t or won’t verify nationality. Go to any country in the world and they want to see your passport to even check into a hotel.

Just this week in North Carolina a drunk illegal Mexican killed a bunch of people in a motor vehicle. This has to stop.

Geraldo = idiot, a clown, a joke. He is famous (infamous) for everything from getting hit in the head during a televised brawl by a neo-Nazi skinheads on his trash TV talk show (87-94), to showing the enemy where our troops where in Iraq and Al Capone’s vault (which was empty on prime time TV). He has long been a joke, a fool, buffoon and a laughing stock in journalism.

It has nothing to do with Rivera’s politics, he is just a walking cliche of ethnic “Machismo” and emotional gobbledygook. His over the top pride in his heritage is well known. Great we know Rivera, you are Puerto Rican, whip-pee, yea. I love the part about my sons will be profiled. No, your sons are legal citizens. He has been married 5 times! He has 4 kids from 3 different woman (probably more?). Geraldo Rivera, why would anyone listen to him? He’s the liberal version of Bill-Oh, head strong egomaniac and not that smart.

gmcjetpilot on June 10, 2007 at 2:03 AM

Just a note

CPB

Ely Culbertson

colorfulbeachpersona on June 9, 2007 at 6:44 PM

Excellent points and quotes colorfulbeachpersona, they put people like Geraldo and many others into perspective! I’ll have to do some research on Ely, thank you for broadening my capability for thought and reason!

Liberty or Death on June 10, 2007 at 2:07 AM

If Geraldo is so worried about breaking up families, then he should encourage the Mexicans to stay at home with their families; rather than come to the U.S. of A. and send money home and then bring the whole fam damily here.

Build the damn fence and enforce our existing laws, and then work on the rest. What’s wrong with enforcing our existing laws before we go and write more meaningless #%&&?

My name is Hillbillyjim and I approved this message.

hillbillyjim on June 10, 2007 at 4:23 AM

I had taped this segment and re-watched it. One thing popped out at me when Geraldo mentioned the raid in New Haven (last year) that the babies were being ripped from the arms of their mothers and their mother’s milk.

I could be wrong, but I don’t think so. O’Reilly covered that story and no such thing happened. No babies were taken from their mother’s, in fact, those babies were very ill when the hospitals checked them out. How come Geraldo is always allowed to “bloviate?”

I also remember another segment (on O’Reilly), where Geraldo was again misquoting the raid on the Swift plant. He also kept saying that “these are jobs no one wanted to do.” Michelle again mentioned the long line the next day. He brushed it off. Also, I recall reading about the Swift plant later that week. A lawsuit was suppose to be filed by former workers because they had been let go of their jobs so the employer could hire the illegals at lower pay. Never heard anything else about it. For all we know, the illegals are back at work.

Government is worried that “big business” will lose out. I feel if “big business” is a loser, so be it. Isn’t that what capitalism is all about? One business fails and another business can start-up and take its place.

I never could understand about the taxi driver situation in Minnesota. There was a niche for someone or a group of people, to start another taxi service and advertise you don’t discriminate.

My rant for this moment.

moonsbreath on June 10, 2007 at 11:06 AM

This illegal alien situation seems so simple to me. Am I missing something?

Secure the borders and prosecute anyone who hires them. If we make it really hard for them to get here and really hard for them to work here, I bet a lot less of them will show up.

Stop giving them federal aid. Why, WHY would we give welfare to illegals?? They’re poor and hungry? Go back home and come here legally and we’ll be happy to help you!

Deport ALL criminal illegals. Why is this hard to grasp? They’re here illegally, they’re committing crimes here. Why do we tolerate this??? I don’t care if you’ve got hungry babies at home “crying for milk”. If you’re here illegally and you’re comitting even more crimes, we need you to not be here. If there’s no one else here that can provide for your hungry babies, they need to go with you. You’re the parent, aren’t you??? Man the hell up!!

(and ya know, being an illegal alien kinda already makes them a criminal, but let’s put that aside for this argument)

Is it really that hard for them to come here legally? Maybe THAT’S what we should reform. And ONLY that. If it’s really true. I’ve never tried to gain citizenship here, I was born with it. So I really have no idea. But if it IS that hard for them, maybe we can make some changes there.

And here’s the biggie. If you are here illegally and you have a baby here, THE BABY SHOULD BE ILLEGAL TOO. The anchor baby thing is our biggest problem. If you’re here on a Visa and you’re working towards citizenship and you have a baby here, fine. The kid’s a citizen. That’s how it’s supposed to work. If you come here illegally and have a baby so you can’t be deported, you and your baby need to be deported. Sorry it worked out that way for you, but you really should STOP BREAKING THE LAW.

Sorry about the rant. Inforce the laws we already have and see where we are in five years. Done.

Privatestock on June 10, 2007 at 11:47 AM

What fries my beans big time is Geraldo’s effusive “friendship” toward the folks in uniform while he is an open-borders puke.

Unclear on the concept of the nation, I would say.

Brenda Walker on June 10, 2007 at 3:18 PM

Geraldo is always gonna be Geraldo. What a tool. This comes as no surprise, but I can’t for the life of me resolve in my mind why Fox News keeps paying his freight. I guess it helps their ratings, but in my opinion it is SO not worth it.

hillbillyjim on June 10, 2007 at 10:59 PM

Geraldo is part of the Hispanification movement of America. He wants us all to speak Spanish as a co-language and live as happily as they do in Mexico City. His distaste for white men (he likes the women) was made clear many years ago when he said Idaho had too many.

pat on June 10, 2007 at 11:30 PM

Michelle you are soo awesome. Especially the way you held your own against O’Reilly when he tried to downplay the points you were trying to make.

Keep it up. We must continue to get our point across that we will not tolerate lawbreakers in our society.

Scorched_Earth on June 10, 2007 at 11:33 PM

The only racist in the room is Rivera. Does anyone remember when he referred to the Republican Party as a “white boy’s party”? He sits in his NJ mansion with his tramp and bellows to the rest of us to shut up and take in all the illgals from Mexico….so he can have his underpaid, underclass slave labor perhaps?

lynnv on June 11, 2007 at 8:06 AM

BILL GOT SMAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACKED DOWN!!!

LOVE YOUR FEIST, MICHELLE!

NIIIIIIIIICE TURNABOUT ON THE PARIS HILTON TRIPE!!!!

YOU RAAAAAAAAAAWK!!!!

GERALDO is a FARGING GOOOOOOOOOOOFBALL.

HE CAN’T EVEN ADMIT >HE IS A JEW>>>>Mr.K-I-N-G needs to remember who it was that sold the Jews down the river first. HE IS A PIG.

seejanemom on June 11, 2007 at 8:28 AM

Way to go Michelle! It’s been a long time coming that someone put an end to this straw man argument of mass deportation!

Geraldo ~ watching the world through race-colored glasses.

Bloodhound on June 11, 2007 at 11:53 AM

Wow we would have lost John Lennon in NY, what a loss!

Hilts on June 11, 2007 at 1:07 PM

Geraldo is such a hack, why does Fox keep him on?

His arguments are so idiotic? Everytime I see him on the Fox News chan, I change it, he is such a douchbag.

americaslaststand on June 11, 2007 at 7:40 PM

I called up Bill O’Reilly today and tried to give him the what for! He said “what could he have done?” referring to Geraldo attacking Michelle and “her people.” I was trying to point out that he should make clear that what Geraldo said was inappropriate. I mean their trying to have a healthy debate and Geraldo compares Michelle, a true American Patriot, to a Nazi! O’Reilly thought that if he confronted him about the name calling that they would have waisted time yelling about something off the subject. My thinking is to have a good debate O’Reilly needs to throw the flag for a personal foul and let Geraldo keep talking. Just point out the Nazi thing was crazy and absurd and then keep going with his opinion.

Drtuddle on June 11, 2007 at 9:11 PM

I see O’reilly has sold us out on immigration. spit

pat on June 11, 2007 at 11:01 PM