The Real Che

posted at 9:39 am on June 8, 2007 by Bryan

Was Che Guevara a motorcycle ridin’ king of Communist cool, or a book-burning, homophobic, bigoted, murderous jerk?

The latter, according to a new book. And he was a terrorist, too.

- Twice, Che plotted terrorist attacks against New York City. In November 1962, the FBI cracked a terrorist plot by Cuban agents who targeted Macy’s, Gimbel’s, Bloomingdale’s and Grand Central Terminal. They planned to blow up those landmarks with 12 incendiary devices and 500 kilos of TNT the day after Thanksgiving. Several months before visiting New York in December 1964 and being feted by the toast of the city’s intelligentsia, Che hatched a plan with the Black Liberation Army to blow up the Statue of Liberty, the Liberty Bell and the Washington Monument. The plotters were infiltrated in 1965 by a sharp-eyed NYPD cadet.

- Che detested rock and roll and railed against “long hairs,” “lazy youths,” and homosexuals. At one point, he wrote that the young must always “listen carefully – and with the utmost respect – to the advice of their elders who held governmental authority.”

And he was pro-establishment? Sheesh.

He did personally order 700 executions. Maybe that’ll redeem him in leftist eyes.

Here’s the book on Amazon. It looks like a good summer read for the Che worshipper in your life.

More: If you want the front page pic on a T-shirt, well, that’s where it came from. I don’t agree with everything that Bureaucrash, the folks who designed the shirt, say or do. But they make some of the best political T-shirts you’ll ever find. Here’s the Communism Kills shirt with skull Che on the front. Cigar afficianados should love this one.

Comments

Ooh! Good post Bryan. Clear and Succinct. No holding back. This is the stuff that makes Hot Air great.

Lawrence on June 8, 2007 at 9:46 AM

Che Guevera was a mass murdering communist?

All these years I thought he was an egocentric T-shirt designer.

Learn something new everyday.

MoxArgon on June 8, 2007 at 9:51 AM

The libs love a good psychopathic political tool, but this is old news.

But, the sweetest irony is all dem baaaad capitalist pigs making mucho dinero selling shirts w/ this pig’s image on them.

locomotivebreath1901 on June 8, 2007 at 9:51 AM

Steven Soderbergh and Benicio Del Toro surely will correct the record once and for all with their Che movie, due next year.

Their pal George Clooney will keep the pressure on them to “keep it real.”

saint kansas on June 8, 2007 at 9:52 AM

Love the affiliate link. JK. Looks like a good book. I may even buy it. And if I buy it, I may even read it.

amerpundit on June 8, 2007 at 9:55 AM

This is news?

Labamigo on June 8, 2007 at 9:59 AM

I would love that front page graphic on a shirt.

SouthernDem on June 8, 2007 at 10:00 AM

I would love that front page graphic on a shirt.

SouthernDem on June 8, 2007 at 10:00 AM

Done. Fifth row, on the left.

Bryan on June 8, 2007 at 10:06 AM

I would love that front page graphic on a shirt.

Ditto that. Perhaps the good people will get the trademark rights:

Oh, like the new Reagan shirt.

Wuptdo on June 8, 2007 at 10:07 AM

this same author has a great book about castro called: “Fidel”….they guy is a monster on the level of most tyrants, they went as low as draining the blood of their victims and selling it.

has alot on this book

jp on June 8, 2007 at 10:10 AM

Between recent statements by Hillary and Edwards, I’m sensing that “liberals” are feeling they can be a little more open now about their Marxist sympathies. It’s good that they come out of the shadows.

Halley on June 8, 2007 at 10:16 AM

Ohh the irony. The long-haired, hard-rocking, homosexual-rights-supporting libs that wear the Che t-shirts would be the first on his list to be eliminated. I’d call them useful idiots, but they aren’t all that useful.

Mallard T. Drake on June 8, 2007 at 10:27 AM

Thanks for the link, I’ll be buying this book.

Funny, all my Cuban friends in Florida are all of the same opinion: Che and Fidel are monsters. But hey, who are they, right?

Malpaso on June 8, 2007 at 10:32 AM

someone should ask John Edwards about this publicly, on camera. and then draw the connection to Danny Glover is loves Che and Edwards.

jp on June 8, 2007 at 10:34 AM

Finally! All my life I’ve heard how awful Che was. But no one gave any actual facts. It was considered a tautology. It’ll be good to see it documented instead of just having to nod knowingly next time the subject is brought up.

jdpaz on June 8, 2007 at 10:48 AM

Leftwingers love murderers. This should only enhance his image.

JammieWearingFool on June 8, 2007 at 10:52 AM

Whenever I see someone wearing a Che shirt I ask them if they will wear my face on their shirt if I kill 10s of thousands of Cubans

400lb Gorilla on June 8, 2007 at 10:54 AM

400#, I love it.
check out The Peoples Cube for some more…

CBarker on June 8, 2007 at 11:11 AM

I want that picture on a T-shirt.

doufree on June 8, 2007 at 11:15 AM

This is the Che shirt I bought last year… https://www.spreadshirt.com/shop.php?sid=13695&op=articles&motive_id=521684

Recuerde, Che es muerto!

CliffHanger on June 8, 2007 at 11:16 AM

sorry… you may have to cut-n-paste the link.

CliffHanger on June 8, 2007 at 11:18 AM

This is news?

Labamigo on June 8, 2007 at 9:59 AM

It is to those “useful idiots” the book title itself mentions.

Yakko77 on June 8, 2007 at 12:27 PM

Bryan on June 8, 2007 at 10:06 AM

Oh, so sweet. Thanks!

SouthernDem on June 8, 2007 at 12:36 PM

Shhhh…nobody tell Tom Morello.

bmac on June 8, 2007 at 1:15 PM

A great site for Che, the murdering bastard, merchandise is

They have great parody shirts, mugs, and such.

DAT60A3 on June 8, 2007 at 5:11 PM

State Department Cable, Official Confirmation of Death of Che Guevara, October 18, 1967: Ten days after his capture, U.S. Ambassador to Bolivia, Douglas Henderson, transmitted confirmation of Guevara’s death to Washington. The evidence included autopsy reports, and fingerprint analysis conducted by Argentine police officials on Che’s amputated hands. (Che’s hands were cut off to provide proof that he was actually dead; under the supervision of CIA agent Gustavo Villoldo, his body was then secretly buried by at a desolate airstrip at Villagrande where it was only discovered in June 1997.)

Yep, that’s him.

Zorro on June 8, 2007 at 6:03 PM

Mallard T. Drake on June 8, 2007 at 10:27 AM

That’s because most of the d@mn fool never knew what Che was like, how he died, or what Castro did for him.

Thanks for the link, I’ll be buying this book.

You should also consider a book by Grayston Lynch about the Bay of Pigs. Incredibly eye-opening, particularly how J eFing Kennedy eFF’d the whole operation.

Malpaso on June 8, 2007 at 10:32 AM

Likely because they lived through the Bay of Pigs, had relatives that participated, or had relatives murdered by Che or Castro.

91Veteran on June 9, 2007 at 12:53 AM

jdpaz on June 8, 2007 at 10:48 AM

Fontova has written more than one book on the subject, both very good.

91Veteran on June 9, 2007 at 12:54 AM

Che and Fidel are monsters. But hey, who are they, right?

Malpaso on June 8, 2007 at 10:32 AM