Video: Reid calls illegals “12 million undocumented AmericansUpdate: video added

posted at 8:59 pm on June 5, 2007 by Bryan

Sen. Harry Reid calls the estimated 12 million undocumented immigrants “12 million undocumented Americans” in the video embedded prominently on the front page of his web site right now. Giving the video that position removes the possibility that Reid merely misspoke. It’s what he meant to say.

Which means that he’s far, far out in front on the amnesty gambit. He already thinks of anyone who gets here by hook or by crook as an American, a citizen.

Update: Here’s the video, in case Reid’s people decide to pull it.

(h/t Andrew’s Dad)

Update (06/06/07): Reid’s site is featuring an energy independence video now. I put in a call to his office today to ask whether the Senator stands by his “undocumented Americans” remark. They’re…getting back to me on that.

Comments

Mr Evil.

bbz123 on June 5, 2007 at 9:01 PM

I got your undocumented Americans right here FAN BOY.

400lb Gorilla on June 5, 2007 at 9:03 PM

Most of the Republicans in the just-finished debate and GOP Senate supporters of the bill would probably agree with him.

Valiant on June 5, 2007 at 9:04 PM

SEN. Harry Reid is a documented POS!

joeswampy on June 5, 2007 at 9:06 PM

I think he meant to say “undocumented Democratic voters.”

rivlax on June 5, 2007 at 9:06 PM

Frankly, he doesn’t sound that much different than President Bush does. Sad.

Lady Jane on June 5, 2007 at 9:09 PM

What is the matter with these guys. Dinghy Harry says if you walk across the border, you’re are automatically a citizen. The Silky Pony says gun ownership is a privelege, not a right. And, the libs scream that President Bush is subverting the Constitution and should be impeached. At least it appears that the President has read the Constitution. We have entered the looking glass.

BTW, Dinghy, take the dead squirrel off your head. A real man would go bald. Just ask Fred!

Mallard T. Drake on June 5, 2007 at 9:10 PM

That’s ok. Bush agrees with him.

The RNC finally reached me tonight….ha, ha, ha… they are running scared and being pummeled by the base. I told them I pay for results. Defeat this abomination and they won’t have to call me, I’ll call them.

TheBigOldDog on June 5, 2007 at 9:13 PM

This is crazy. I really cant believe our country is being taken from us like this. If this bill, or anything like it, passes, I hope someone credible steps up to lead some type of opposition at the border.

DwnSouthJukin on June 5, 2007 at 9:21 PM

I saw a video on youtube about how the Clinton gun ban helped usher in the 94′ “revolution”…. Is this a catalyst for another “revolution”? I hope so, because I really want to see this curmudgeony old toolbox out of the senate and the new greater at the Peppermil’s buffet…..

liquidflorian on June 5, 2007 at 9:21 PM

You mean those Americans who refuse to assimilate and wave the Mexican flag at their rallies?

jman on June 5, 2007 at 9:21 PM

How awesome is this; Metallica’s cover of “free speach for the dumb” started as I started watching the clip…. I lol’d….

liquidflorian on June 5, 2007 at 9:24 PM

Reid is a flaming idiot and a true danger to the Republic. What in the world has happened to this once great country?

rplat on June 5, 2007 at 9:25 PM

Reid is a certifiable wuss.

SouthernGent on June 5, 2007 at 9:26 PM

12 million undocumented Americans Democratic voters

There….I fixed it for you.

The Ugly American on June 5, 2007 at 9:32 PM

SEN. Harry Reid is a documented POS!

joeswampy on June 5, 2007 at 9:06 PM

lol, so (literally) true.

RightWinged on June 5, 2007 at 9:39 PM

Weak, soft-spoken, spineless, and stupid. In other words, a liberal.

WisCon on June 5, 2007 at 9:45 PM

SF city Supervisor Gerardo Sandoval joins pro-immigrant protest at City Hall today and says “We will turn this immigration reform on its head or we will turn this country on its head”

Bad Penny on June 5, 2007 at 9:47 PM

Thank G_d for Harry Reid. With enemies like him who needs friends.

Bill C on June 5, 2007 at 9:55 PM

Well Well I received a nice hello from Laura today. She sent a nice postage paid envelope with a card for GW’s 61st birthday. I mean I feel like family after working on his 04 campaign in Broward County Florida. I will have to either disregard it completely or send a Gringo De Mexico. I feel bad but a mans gotta do what a mans gotta do.

sonnyspats1 on June 5, 2007 at 10:03 PM

Can the rest of us documented Americans kick ol’ harry in the crotch now?

Please?!

locomotivebreath1901 on June 5, 2007 at 10:06 PM

Ried has made his betrayal of the American people so painfully obvious it is impossible to ignore. I believe he speaks plainly of the feelings of the Left, and the Democrats.

I believe that if events continue in their current course we will be stuck not only with this traitor’s vision but a House, Senate, and Administration controlled by the Left.

The way out, the way to regain control, at least in the House, is to recognize the Ferengi in our midst and the weakness and harm they are doing to our country. The Republican party must embrace the middle class with issues such as minimum wage, recognize preservation of the Alternative Minimum Tax and inheritance taxes beneifts the middle class, require the wealthy to pay for their advantage with progressive taxation, and other issues that favor the middle class at the expense of the wealthy.

Without this shift in the Republican Party you are looking at the shape of things to come, and the changing face of our nation.

omegaram on June 5, 2007 at 10:30 PM

Hmmm. By Reid’s reasoning then, if we can manage to reach the floor of the Senate, then we can declare ourselves as undocumented senators and vote against such nonsense. Of course, allowing anyone to do so would effectively dismantle our representative form of … oh, wait … nevermind.

IrishEyes on June 5, 2007 at 10:31 PM

F*cking TURD!

I wish………..(incomprehensible mumbling to avoid being banned)

omnipotent on June 5, 2007 at 10:46 PM

I just did a “roundup” of the immigration bill “debate.” My verdict:

We. Are. Screwed.

mojojojo on June 5, 2007 at 11:08 PM

By Americans, he meant Democratic voters.

One and the same, is all.

Steve LLamabutcher on June 5, 2007 at 11:09 PM

S/b “as a liberal leaning American” – this man is a visionary.

Entelechy on June 5, 2007 at 11:19 PM

SEN. Harry Reid President Bush and most of Congress are documented POS!

joeswampy on June 5, 2007 at 9:06 PM

Fixed

Tim Burton on June 5, 2007 at 11:24 PM

In other words, Allah, Reid agrees that the terrorists were in fact Americans who came here to the United States to plan and eventually kill 3000 real American citizens.

Thanks, Reid for saying you believed those who came and stayed here illegally in the United States are Americans whether they’d be Saudis, al Qaedas, Chinese, Vietnamese, Canadians, Somalians, Mexicans and so on and so forth.

Thanks Sen. Richard Henry Reid.

Kokonut on June 5, 2007 at 11:43 PM

That would be Sen Richard Harry Reid.

Kokonut on June 5, 2007 at 11:43 PM

I guess you can call me an undocumented Mexican then. It makes as much sense. Pura Vida!

Mojave Mark on June 5, 2007 at 11:48 PM

Anyone can see that the man is illiterate, so his comment will be excused any number of different ways. Whomever wrote the speech for him will confirm that he got less than half of the words right, so why pick on that one silly term, “undocumented Americans”?

The real question is whether or not Harry Reid is actually retarded…

Jaibones on June 6, 2007 at 12:20 AM

I think he meant to say “undocumented Democratic voters.”

rivlax on June 5, 2007 at 9:06 PM

I agree with rivlax’s implication that the Democrats hope to acquire large numbers of new voters for the Democratic Party from among the Mexican immigrants already here and perhaps soon to arrive. The immigrants may very well vote, illegally or legally, in America’s elections, and if they do, perhaps they’ll vote for “Democrats”; however, the people and party probably won’t be the ones that have power now. “White” Democrats brought up in something vaguely resembling an Anglo-American tradition aren’t reproducing themselves, so as time passes, it seems the Democratic Party has to become dominated more and more by black cracker culture and Mexican culture.

Kralizec on June 6, 2007 at 12:22 AM

This pencil neck twerp is desperate to put a smug face on this pickle barrel of a bill.

If a rotten fish, illegal migrants dream bill becomes law, Americans aren’t likely to accept it shoved down their throats.

Speakup on June 6, 2007 at 1:17 AM

This idiot has just broken his oath to uphold and defend the Constitution of the United States.

Vote Democrat, VOTE TRAITOR PARTY.

georgej on June 6, 2007 at 4:25 AM

Hes a Traitor to this nation and should be punished accordingly. Hes demonstrated is disregard for the United States of America over and over…

Viper1 on June 6, 2007 at 6:32 AM

IrishEyes on June 5, 2007 at 10:31 PM

Great analogy. I’m emailing that to my senators.

csdeven on June 6, 2007 at 7:37 AM

Last week someone sitting in for Rush or Glenn Beck read the Mexican Immigration Policy on the air. Any chance of posting it so Americans can see what the Mexicans do with “undocumented Americans”?

Here is an example:

ctmom on June 6, 2007 at 8:28 AM

So by this reasoning.

If I can break into Reid’s house I’m automatically an undocumented family member right?

CrazyFool on June 6, 2007 at 8:29 AM

So all I have to do to become an American is wander across the border, even by accident?

Lehosh on June 6, 2007 at 8:57 AM

So he means whomever sets foot on this soil is an American now? That would mean the towers were taken down by Americans?

No wonder there is no war on terror, he thinks it’s a civil war.

right2bright on June 6, 2007 at 9:24 AM

jman on June 5, 2007 at 9:21 PM

Your only hope; wait a generation – their children will not wave any flag other than the USA.

ar_basin on June 6, 2007 at 10:56 AM

I could not show up in any country in the world and expect what is being given here as if it has no value. Actually many countries would usher me out for fear that I might take one of their jobs.

ar_basin on June 6, 2007 at 10:59 AM

Treason.

KSgop on June 6, 2007 at 11:44 AM

You gotta ask how the RNC is losing when the Dems HAND them this stuff.
This is a made to order campaign ad.

Iblis on June 6, 2007 at 3:42 PM

Slightly O/T
Remember how the media demanded that Hastert resign over the Foleygate non-crime. Well where are they demanding Stretch Pelosi resign over Cold Cash Jefferson?

Iblis on June 6, 2007 at 5:31 PM

I’m a documented American. I think I should tear up my documents so I no longer have to pay taxes, social security or health care.

Resolute on June 6, 2007 at 6:31 PM

Our borders have overflowed with illegal immigrants placing tremendous burdens on our criminal justice system, schools and social programs…Our federal wallet is stretched to the limit by illegal aliens getting welfare, food stamps, medical care and other benefits often without paying any taxes…

Harry Reid in 1993 introducing his racist “Immigration Stabilization Act” when there were only 3.5 million “undocumented Americans” in the shadows.

tommylotto on June 6, 2007 at 7:04 PM

Why is this treasonous little weasel (“Gitmo = Gulag”) Reid (AKA “The Arguably-Seditious Mormon”) is still listened to for anything… and why he wasn’t shamed out of Congress for this demented “comparison”… demonstrates the spineless squishiness of the current political crop.

Who cares wha this vile fleck spews further?

Why would anyone care to listen to Reid (and ilk) after he showed his irrational bona fides (“Our soldiers = Pol Pot/Nazis”)?

A husk, filled with drivel.

profitsbeard on June 6, 2007 at 8:31 PM

wait, they’re americans? so whats all the fuss about? Why are we wasting time discussing this?

flipflopper on June 8, 2007 at 9:22 AM