Video: Excerpt of jihadi video on missing American soldiers; Update: They’re all dead, jihadis claim; Update: Video added

posted at 10:42 am on June 4, 2007 by Allahpundit

ABC News has 55 seconds of it. Laura Mansfield‘s seen the whole 11-minute clip and apparently there are no images of the soldiers themselves, only their ID cards and effects. Very odd.

Click the image to watch.

id.jpg

Update: No surprise, but the video claims that all three soldiers have been killed.

Update: LiveLeak has the video if you’re curious.

Comments

I thinketh thateth the Jihadeths are fulleth of sh*teth.

amerpundit on June 4, 2007 at 10:43 AM

Well you guys want to get rid of your commander and Cheif so yes I guess we can’t complain about this too much.

tomas on June 4, 2007 at 11:04 AM

That’s because they don’t have our soldiers; unlike the Brits our soldiers don’t go politely.

I’ve been following Jihadi vids since inception – since Chechen’s first showed Russian soldiers. They, the terrorists, don’t have our soldiers alive. It’s not POW; it’s now merely MIA.

May their soul’s rest in peace.

God help their families cope. Prayers for all.

ar_basin on June 4, 2007 at 11:30 AM

tomas on June 4, 2007 at 11:04 AM

Do you ever have a point to make, or do you just like making snarky little comments that have no point or relevance?

reaganaut on June 4, 2007 at 11:32 AM

I’m making a very important point. An important point that must be maintained, regardless, of political discourse.

tomas on June 4, 2007 at 11:48 AM

tomas on June 4, 2007 at 11:04 AM

We have objections to the Immigration Commander in Chief, not with the WOT Commander in Chief. This point of clarification was made time and again the last time you showed up to display your ignorance. Your memory retention needs some work.

And show some respect for those who are fighting and dying.

No you’re not.

fogw on June 4, 2007 at 12:04 PM

Those soldiers know what you are saying about their life line. They may not agree with him either but they know who there boss is so the comments on this forum are hurtful and ridiculous.

We disagree with you to a high degree Mr. President but we stand beside you…don’t say impeach el presidente. Learn this.

tomas on June 4, 2007 at 12:14 PM

WTF?

What comments on this thread have been hurtful (to our soldiers) or ridiculous – besides your own? Be specific, and try to make some sense for a change.

fogw on June 4, 2007 at 12:48 PM

Godspeed, soldiers. My heart breaks.

KelliD on June 4, 2007 at 12:52 PM

I can’t make you understand chain of command and what that means. The comments on this site about our president are more hurtful and counter productive than anything the left could ever imagine.

tomas on June 4, 2007 at 12:55 PM

Unfortunately, our WOT Commander In Chief seems more concerned about offending the sensibilities of his political opponents than he is about representing the people who put him in power and stood by him through thick and thin for years.

It is difficult to win when our troops are fighting with one hand behind their backs and they have to wonder if they will be hauled off to jail every time they kill an Iraqi.

Why do we need to accept the double standard imposed on us? Our troops have to play by one set of rules while our opponent plays by none. Does it make us feel morally superior? If this gets our brave men and woman killed, I can do without this moral superiority.

jman on June 4, 2007 at 1:02 PM

tomas on June 4, 2007 at 12:55 PM

Can’t say I’m surprised. More inane drivel.

Thanks for trying.

fogw on June 4, 2007 at 1:13 PM

Agreed.

I have always been in favor of unleashing the warriors.

fogw on June 4, 2007 at 1:21 PM

jman on June 4, 2007 at 1:02 PM

Well said. Bravo!

But I do believe the president should hesitate before assuming the worst of motives in the very people who have tirelessly defended him, particularly on the war, against the people who are now his best friends on this abominable immigration bill.

Sadly, this is nothing new. Too often there is an inverse relationship between the level of graciousness President Bush metes out versus that he receives. He sometimes reserves his harshest words for his allies.

Bush ‘friendly fire’ unwarranted by David Limbaugh

TheBigOldDog on June 4, 2007 at 1:43 PM

Like I said the quiet bigotry as you now start turning on the war.

tomas on June 4, 2007 at 1:48 PM

Like a few of you, I too am tired of the argument by John McCain that our military personnel will not be tortured if we don’t do anything to their people. We don’t do much to those people but they do horrific things to ours. Of course with people like tomas the tank engine that is probably a-okay. Not turning on the war and I know a few things about chain of command myself as well as my husband who had the grotesque honor of guarding the remains of last years MIAs who were tortured.
Also, it seems incomprehensible to little liberal minds on the left who spew nothing but hate all day all night, that some of us were insulted by the prez regarding the immigration debacle. The fact that I want a secure border does not make me a racist & I don’t care what you or W for that matter say. BTW know plenty of legal hispanics who feel the same way, does that make them racist too?

Catie96706 on June 4, 2007 at 2:00 PM

Sorry, shouldn’t have insulted “thomas the tank engine” with tomas who can’t make a coherent point. My mistake.

Catie96706 on June 4, 2007 at 2:03 PM

tomas on June 4, 2007 at 12:55 PM

Many democrats hate our President for “getting us into” this war in the first place. They are committed to our withdraw (euphemism for defeat) in Iraq.

I think the people on this thread are disappointed in him for tying our troops hands. We want to accomplish their by using their full force, not endanger themselves by using proportional force. I believe our soldiers are the best in the world and have no doubt they can accomplish anything provided our politicians get out of the way.

Which is worse?

Like I said the quiet bigotry as you now start turning on the war.

tomas on June 4, 2007 at 1:48 PM

I never said I oppose the war. I oppose the double standard we fight under. Our politicians should have never authorized it if they did not have the stomach to see it through. We honor our troops and their sacrifice by wining, not by withdraw.

jman on June 4, 2007 at 2:10 PM

I think there is a way to voice you anger without the “El Presidente” style of insults.

I think you can show the same amount of anger and still remember who the commander and chief is. I don’t see how hard that is. I don’t have to like what he said, but remember to stay the course. I don’t see why this is so hard to understand.

tomas on June 4, 2007 at 2:14 PM

Catie96706 on June 4, 2007 at 2:03 PM

Glad you clarified that, Catie. Thomas the Tank Engine is the goods.

mikeyboss on June 4, 2007 at 2:19 PM

Like I said the quiet bigotry as you now start turning on the war.

tomas on June 4, 2007 at 1:48 PM

Allow me to respond ……..

The sun believes yesterday visited the duck pond to open broken peanut butter jars.

fogw on June 4, 2007 at 2:24 PM

You guys are suffering from a failure to listen…stubborn is right.

tomas on June 4, 2007 at 2:28 PM

You guys are suffering from a failure to listen…stubborn is right.

tomas on June 4, 2007 at 2:28 PM

Thomas I do “El Presidente” style insults you are referring to. There has been no name calling, just an expression of disappointment and confidence that we can do better.

I understand you want to stand beside the president. But if you stand beside someone going off a cliff, you will go off as well. Isn’t it better to do all we can to stop him from going over? If you can’t have an honest discussion, nothing will change.

jman on June 4, 2007 at 2:38 PM

tomas,

Please give one of the other patients a turn on the computer, and let the nurse know that your dosage is too low.

db on June 4, 2007 at 2:39 PM

Some things are more important than you or I.

tomas on June 4, 2007 at 2:43 PM

They kill three of ours.
We kill thirty of theirs.

Tantor on June 4, 2007 at 2:59 PM

They kill three of ours.
We kill thirty of theirs.

Yes, that would be wise. And leave them hanging heads on poles from our tanks…Intestines as our clotheslines.

That would be the nice way.

tomas on June 4, 2007 at 3:06 PM

I’m not joking.

tomas on June 4, 2007 at 3:07 PM

Mikeyboss, you are correct sir! After I re-read that I thought I had better change it. :)

Catie96706 on June 4, 2007 at 3:10 PM

Tomas, you are deranged but you may be part of the “screw them” crew of the Kos Kids.

Catie96706 on June 4, 2007 at 3:13 PM

The scum deserve what they get

tomas on June 4, 2007 at 3:25 PM