Audio: KP unloads on Edwards for his sick-making nutroots pandering

posted at 1:33 pm on June 4, 2007 by Allahpundit

Hot, although it would have been hotter if she wasn’t so far in the tank for Hillary. Compare the Glacier’s response to Edwards in the first debate video here to Obama’s response. Obama swings back by calling him on the very point KP herself makes — namely, where does Edwards, who voted to authorize military force in 2002, get off criticizing any Democrat for not being anti-war enough now? Hillary, meanwhile, can only weakly offer that this is “George Bush’s war.” As opposed to America’s, I guess.

She used to work for the Clintons so I suppose we can give her a pass. Besides, how many Democrats do you know who take umbrage at leftist whining about Abu Ghraib? Exit question one: If the nutroots are as insignificant as KP says they are, how is it they were able to force an exodus of all the major Dems from the Fox-sponsored primary debate? Exit question two: When exactly did she develop that lisp?

Comments

When exactly did she develop that lisp?

Must…resist urge…to…make…off-color joke…

flipflop on June 4, 2007 at 1:48 PM

Yes, please resist.

Allahpundit on June 4, 2007 at 1:49 PM

How many people did the judge put to sleep with his very boring personality.

Your killing me AP, making me sit through his judgeship.

KP is KP, says just enough to keep her on Fox, but not smart enough to see what Hillary really wants to do to the economy with her agenda. Like all of the other women dems, they are mesmerized with the idea of a women president, doesn’t matter who, just that it is a women. I would love to see the cat fight between KP and Estrich trying to sit next to Hillary at a fundraiser.

right2bright on June 4, 2007 at 1:49 PM

KP is KP, says just enough to keep her on Fox…

I don’t know…I think KP has a genuine streak of common sense running through her that’s mostly absent with the rest of the Dems.

BUT…

Too true.

flipflop on June 4, 2007 at 2:00 PM

KP is the only woman the dims put on that can make a coherent argument even if it’s one I disagree with. That Julie R (whatever her last name is) and Jane Fleming are pathetic.

Catie96706 on June 4, 2007 at 2:18 PM

Jane Fleming always sounds like someone stuck a quarter in her Democratic Talking Points slot. She is like a parrot.

coyoterex on June 4, 2007 at 2:22 PM

I thought the lispy sound was from the audio quality.

mikeyboss on June 4, 2007 at 2:49 PM

Easy. The candidates were deathly afraid of being asked tough, direct questions from real journalists. The outcry from the nutroots simply gave them an easy way out.

CliffHanger on June 4, 2007 at 2:50 PM

Most non-netroot Dem primary voters probably do not care if the candidates do not debate on FNC. The netroot primary voters obviously do care, so there is no downside to appeasing one group no matter its size. Why irritate a voting bloc when you don’t really need to do so? Save that sister souljah moment for a time when there will be a bigger viewer audience.

rw on June 4, 2007 at 3:01 PM

KP is reasonable and principled and I respect her for that regardless of her support for Hillary. I beleiev she has very low expectations from her and she met them, so she views it as a win.

I thought, as far as speaking the unvarnished truth goes, Gravel kicked butt except for the Vietnam war aftermath (WHAT was he thinking?). Biden’s defense of his vote for the funding bill that will provide MRAP’s for the troops, was spot on and exactly what I expect from elected officials. And that is the only goodd I have to say about greasy Joe. A wall will stop the drugs but not people? WHAT A MORON!

I suspect, with Edwards leading in some polls and Hillary in 3rd, KP views Silky as a threat. I’m just glad to hear her, or anyone for that matter, hammer these politicians on facts instead of fluff.

csdeven on June 4, 2007 at 3:13 PM

Catie96706 on June 4, 2007 at 2:18 PM

Also Flavia Colgan, imho, can be taken seriously.

Spirit of 1776 on June 4, 2007 at 3:20 PM

great clip.

I cannot come on board to her Hillary lovefest, but her observations are very good other then that blindspot.

Karl on June 4, 2007 at 3:43 PM

right2bright on June 4,

I can’t read KPs mind but I’m sure she’s smart enough to support a candidate based on something more than gender. That’s not to say there aren’t alot of people who do support Hillary just because she’s a powerful woman running for POTUS or Obama because he’s a black Senator but I’ve heard and read enough from KP to know that it takes more than being a fellow woman for he to support Hillary. Don’t get me wrong, I’m confused by her support for Hillary given KP is essentially a “Blue Dog” Dem and Hillary is definately not that moderate to be considered a Blue Dog IMO but the campaign is still young and I’m sure we’ll hear more from KP on this in the future.

Yakko77 on June 4, 2007 at 6:27 PM

Jane Fleming !!! argh.. i can’t stand her.

someone on here called her Chesty McTalkingpoints or something once.. funniest thing i ever read on this blog.

the other one i cant stand is the dem from chicago with the blonde/white hair who looks lesbianish.

VinceP1974 on June 4, 2007 at 11:03 PM

She used to work for the Clintons, so …

I wonder how many times the Clenis hit on her? She was remarkably hawt in those days.

My guess is double digits…

Jaibones on June 5, 2007 at 9:52 AM