iFilm frontpages “Thanks for the Memories, Cindy!”

posted at 10:29 am on June 1, 2007 by Bryan

In the past, YouTube has deleted our videos unilaterally, they have lied about the reason for deleting them and claimed that we deleted them ourselves, they pulled the Akon Vent even after UMG stood down on its copyright infringement case against us (they restored it after we protested), and YouTube has been generally hard to deal with for quite a while now. And when I say “hard to deal with,” I intend to conjure up Cold War analogies in your mind. We have produced whole shows as open letters taking YouTube on for its hostile acts. And don’t get us started on Youtube’s dhimmi ways. Really.

By contrast, when iFilm found our “Thanks for the Memories, Cindy!” video on our Hot Air feed, they decided to put it on their front page with a perfect one-liner to accompany it.

Do we have a conservative-friendly viral video host on our hands? I think we do.

We have set up a Hot Air page on iFilm. It’s here if you’d like to check it out. There isn’t much content there yet, but there will be.

Comments

This is great news.

Even if they are conservative-tolerant versus conservative-friendly, this is a big step up.

Valiant on June 1, 2007 at 10:41 AM

That one liner is brutal!

At least you found a fairly friendly site where you can redirect if youtube continues its behavior.

Bad Candy on June 1, 2007 at 10:42 AM

Or could this be a once in a Blue Moon moment? That means the next Hot Air video on Youtube will air in only 3 1/2 more years….Can’t wait!

soulsirkus on June 1, 2007 at 10:43 AM

Heh. I agree. If we’ve at least found a site that allows Conservative videos, we’re doing well.

amerpundit on June 1, 2007 at 10:46 AM

Wow! More views than the “Catfight in Pantyhose.” Wonder how long that will last.

RedWinged Blackbird on June 1, 2007 at 10:51 AM

Or could this be a once in a Blue Moon moment?

soulsirkus on June 1, 2007 at 10:43 AM

Not a once in a Blue Moon moment. A content whiz at iFilm let me know yesterday afternoon that Cindy would hit the front page today and he went out of his way to do that. Try getting any response at all, let alone a friendly and pro-active one, from YouTube. Go ahead, but grab some chips or MREs or something because you’ll be there a while.

Bryan on June 1, 2007 at 10:57 AM

Honestly, I’m just happy to be able to view the videos while at work. Youtube is banned. iFilm is not.

The fact that they don’t hate conservatives is incredible icing.

Esthier on June 1, 2007 at 11:26 AM

good
iFilm is very popular. prepare to get even more traffic than you already do!

btw, from this page, average visits per day (i.e. unique visitors?) at HotAir is 106,837.
LGF’s is something like 120,000 . and LGF is considered to be in the top 3 of conservative blogs on the Net.

with some more traffic coming your way and the site growing in popularity more and more, soon it will be Allah’s pic in Time magazine instead of Charles’ :D

re: the “one liner” that iFilm used to describe the video, i didnt find it funny

AlexB on June 1, 2007 at 12:10 PM

The “i” in iFlm must stand for infidel (and proud of it). Good for them.

Debbie Schlussel on June 1, 2007 at 12:22 PM

Why any business would not provide a service to all has been a puzzlement for me for a long time. It’s the same as seeing in a pizzeria window-sign, ahead of an election, which would read “only conservatives welcome here”. Incomprehensible.

My hope is that iFilm will serve all.

Entelechy on June 1, 2007 at 12:35 PM

So what was all that crap with the hand-holding with the terrorist-enabling Electronic Frontier Foundation about then? Oh, it still didn’t work out for you? So now you vote with your feet and go to a different video streaming site?

You can’t bargain with moonbats. You must defeat them.

BelchSpeak on June 1, 2007 at 1:00 PM

There’s only one comment so far:

This woman lost a son fighting for a war founded on misinformation at best. She stood up for what she believed in despite the all the odds against her. Sheehan is braver than most of you will ever aspire to be. I don’t agree with her methods or opinions, but I hope that someday if I get killed, there will be a Cindy Sheehan to stand up for me.

I might agree if it wasn’t so obvious that she stopped standing up for her son a long time ago. She’s a narcissist.

Jim Treacher on June 1, 2007 at 1:44 PM

Entelechy on June 1, 2007 at 12:35 PM

Long hair conservative people, need not apply.

Kini on June 1, 2007 at 1:56 PM

Just went back and viewed a few.

I think I’m in love!

YouTubed is so BooHoo’ed

Kini on June 1, 2007 at 2:07 PM

Sweet. One of the images in the film is mine. Saint Cindy resting her head on Osama’s broad shoulders.

manfriend on June 1, 2007 at 5:01 PM

Congratulations! But I’m not surprised at all! The cream always rises to the top…

Zorro on June 1, 2007 at 9:46 PM