Video: Anti-war tools use three-year-olds as protest props

posted at 11:32 pm on May 31, 2007 by Allahpundit

Every good protest needs some absolute moral authority window dressing. If you can’t find an anti-war vet, a toddler will do in a pinch. We’ve seen them pull this in the context of stem cells and immigration, and now here’s the latest example vis-a-vis their pet issue. Even the left-wing New York Press is under no illusions about the cynicism involved:

A protest against the war in Iraq, the May 30 gathering drew a small group of moms, dads and toddlers from a classroom at Amalgamated Nursery School to the district office doorstep of Congressman Eliot Engel (D-Bronx/Westchester/Rockland) The handmade tree, crafted by 17 children during pre-school class time, was a statement against American troops remaining in Iraq and a call to pursue peaceful paths to end all world conflicts. This gift, however, seemed more like a Trojan horse, designed to gain an invitation inside so that the children’s far-left leaning parents could rail against the war and the congressman’s initial vote in support of it.

Follow the link for two vids and some timeless wisdom about dialogue being the solution to all conflicts, no matter how intractable and unreasonable your opponents’ demands. Exit question: Kucinich supporters, do you think, or Ron Paul? Click the image to watch.

three.jpg

Update: How did I forget?

Comments

The Liberals and Jihadist share yet another common strategy, They both use children to do their dirty work.

KCtheKat on May 31, 2007 at 11:43 PM

Children – formulating liberal policy since 1969.

Good Lt on May 31, 2007 at 11:45 PM

I hope no moronic person on our side decides to use kids for a stupid rebuttal like what happened with the whole Littlest Moonbat thing.

Bad Candy on May 31, 2007 at 11:46 PM

Pathetic.

mesablue on May 31, 2007 at 11:48 PM

Children – formulating liberal policy since 1969 1939.

Good Lt on May 31, 2007 at 11:45 PM

There.

Jaibones on May 31, 2007 at 11:49 PM

Ah, here we go;

You remember this, right Allah?

I have to say, it speaks to your ability to make headlines that I remembered that headline from six months ago!

Bad Candy on May 31, 2007 at 11:49 PM

That’s it, I’m goin’ fishin’.

–Hank Hill

The Ugly American on May 31, 2007 at 11:58 PM

As George Washington said: WAR IS NOT THE ANSWER.

Oh, wait, no he didn’t.

He killed redcoats until victory.

Maybe it was George Clooney…

profitsbeard on June 1, 2007 at 12:00 AM

HOLY CRAP!!!!!

Bad Candy, AP, I must’ve missed “the littlest moonbat” when it was first posted.

I just did a spit-take on my new 17″ lcd monitor.
Wow. Just. Wow.

OneEyedJack on June 1, 2007 at 12:08 AM

Our children is learning early in life how dialogue are the solution; and peace. Mother Hillary will come along and teach them all they need to know about soc*al*sm.

You, egomaniacal ignorant individualists, grab an Ayn Rand and be quiet.

Entelechy on June 1, 2007 at 12:10 AM

If you put Littlest Moonbat in the search, you’lll pull up a bunch of posts, Jack.

Bad Candy on June 1, 2007 at 12:12 AM

Those people and their ilk breathe my air.

I abhor that fact.

SilverStar830 on June 1, 2007 at 12:18 AM

I don’t know if the story is apocryphal but iirc a child asked Nixon a question about peace or something like that and he responded that it would be nice to have no knowledge of history.

A part of leftist dogma is that knowledge arrives a priori. This is not an exaggeration. The whole language movement was supposed to impart language skills by encouraging children to guess at the spelling of words. ‘Good try Billy. Let’s learn more words.’ (I didn’t learn to read until I was 8 because of the hippy nuns who were teaching me.) Thus children with no knowledge of the human condition or history have a pure innocence which guides them to the truth or, rather, what their parents tell them to say.

Bill C on June 1, 2007 at 12:23 AM

Hey Allahpundit, can you please get the formatting on the, “We Pick, You Click,” fixed – it looks like crap.
DKK

LifeTrek on June 1, 2007 at 12:46 AM

I like the way they use a Disney song for their protest. I thought ABC was the enemy since they dissed Clinton, who was the great white wonder, his Iraq regime change policy being just for funsies and all.

calbear on June 1, 2007 at 1:19 AM

They either abort them or use them a al Mother Sheehan. Too bad for the kids either way.

SouthernGent on June 1, 2007 at 1:46 AM

In march of 2006-I think it was the DAY of the Alito vote-I ‘crashed’ an A.N.S.W.E.R. protest in Chicago as part of a PW mission(except that I couldn’t find my group-and Andrew Marcus interviewed me and I sounded stupid but anyway…).
ANYWAY there was a ‘mom’ there with her daughter-who couldn’t have been more than 7 or 8…if that.
This was your typical lefty ‘lovefest’ relpete with W effigy burning-and mommy was cheering it on thru out.
She even brought the little one up close and personal to the burning.
I’m petite and was clad in red/white/blue/with a ball cap in same and was carrying a pro-Alito sign that was a take off on “Mr. Rogers”.
Menacing I wasn’t.
I walked by these two as I was leaving and gave the little girl a friendly, motherly smile.

Her mother pulled her away like she had just seen the ultimate in evil.

Another time PW was protesting the same group and a mom and her toddler daughter had to walk by us to leave the rally.
As she walked by I heard mom say to her baby”Don’t talk to those bad people.”…us.

While I admit that from age 8 on I took the teenager to some support our troops rallies-there’s a huge difference btwn showing gratitude to those that protect your freedom and exploiting your babies because you hate your country.

annoyinglittletwerp on June 1, 2007 at 2:02 AM

Now I know that shamelessly using your own children as props in order to spew political dogma looks heinous. But you have to keep in mind that to liberals they aren’t children, just clumps of cells to be used in any way that they feel like. Those “parents” just happen to be pro-choice on the issue of child exploitation.

ReubenJCogburn on June 1, 2007 at 3:07 AM

Well, look at it this way…kids tend to rebel against their parents, so we may be looking at the future of the conservative movement fifteen years from now.

Sean M. on June 1, 2007 at 5:02 AM

So, instead of nurturing and protecting their offspring, they parade them in front of a camera, make them sing stupid songs all the while exposing them to all the dangers “over exposure” brings. Sad and pathetic.

Zorro on June 1, 2007 at 6:54 AM

The most disturbing line in the article to me was

The handmade tree, crafted by 17 children during pre-school class time

Straight out of the Communist Manifesto. Can you say indoctrination?

LakeRuins on June 1, 2007 at 8:22 AM

Allah,

Here’s another cuddly moment, brought to you by the party of tolerance (and child-abuse).

;)

Regards,
Brian

Brian on June 1, 2007 at 8:46 AM

This story takes me back to circa ’93, when they bussed in all those kids to the Capitol to beg mean old Congress not to take their lunches away.

(Reality check: schools here serve free lunch AND free breakfast ALL SUMMER just for showing up; we’re compassionate liberals here and recognize that black parents just can’t be expected to feed their own children.)

saint kansas on June 1, 2007 at 9:54 AM

Watch them grow up to be the most Alex P. Keaton Republicans that they can be….

Mazztek on June 1, 2007 at 11:28 AM

Exit question: Kucinich or Ron Paul

Has to be Kucinish, cause on guy is carrying a purse (man bag) and the other guy has a man bun (check out his hair), and that’s an alpha feamale…..

No wait, Ron….

Kini on June 1, 2007 at 12:52 PM

THEM:

Children in Gaza perform a monstrous “play,” dressed as suicide bombers and terrorists, waving knives and guns, in front of a crowd of doting parents.

US:

Good God, we’re doomed.

4shoes on June 1, 2007 at 1:07 PM

Good God, we’re doomed.

4shoes on June 1, 2007 at 1:07 PM

Agreed completely! They’re preaching war and we’re preaching peace! WE’RE DOOMED!!!!!!!!!

Nonfactor on June 1, 2007 at 8:08 PM