Shocka! RNC donations off by 40%

posted at 5:20 pm on May 31, 2007 by Bryan

The steep dropoff may have led to multiple layoffs of its phone bank workers.

The Republican National Committee, hit by a grass-roots donors’ rebellion over President Bush’s immigration policy, has fired all 65 of its telephone solicitors, Ralph Z. Hallow will report Friday in The Washington Times.

Faced with an estimated 40 percent fall-off in small-donor contributions and aging phone-bank equipment that the RNC said would cost too much to update, Anne Hathaway, the committee’s chief of staff, summoned the solicitations staff last week and told them they were out of work, effective immediately, the fired staffers told The Times.

The national committee yesterday confirmed the firings that took place more than a week ago, but denied that the move was motivated by declining donor response to phone solicitations.

“The phone-bank employees were terminated,” RNC spokeswoman Tracey Schmitt wrote by e-mail in response to questions sent by The Times. “This was not an easy decision. The first and primary motivating factor was the state of the phone bank technology, which was outdated and difficult to maintain. The RNC was advised that we would soon need an entire new system to remain viable.”

Fired employees acknowledged that the committee’s phone equipment was outdated, but said a sharp drop-off in donations “probably” hastened the end of the RNC’s in-house phone-bank operation.

Now, what on earth might cause such a cratering in the finances?

There has been a sharp decline in contributions from RNC phone solicitations, another fired staffer said, reporting that many former donors flatly refuse to give more money to the national party if Mr. Bush and the Senate Republicans insist on supporting what these angry contributors call “amnesty” for illegal aliens.

“Everyone donor in 50 states we reached has been angry, especially in the last month and a half, and for 99 percent of them immigration is the No. 1 issue,” said the former employee.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

Like Nero fiddling while Rome burns…

Sydney Carton on May 31, 2007 at 5:24 PM

From the article;

These aren’t the droids you’re looking for.

Bad Candy on May 31, 2007 at 5:25 PM

One can only hope that eventually the political elites will get the point

400lb Gorilla on May 31, 2007 at 5:25 PM

Why is it only 40%?

TexasDan on May 31, 2007 at 5:25 PM

Well, Fred’s people say interest (and dollars) is off the charts – so maybe money talks and will realign the GOP in the form of Fred.

Topsecretk9 on May 31, 2007 at 5:25 PM

Like I said yesterday….they are blind as a bat.

It appears that just the possibility of someone claiming racism has them cowering behing their desks and taking up the PC call to point that ‘racism’ finger at us. Going to be difficult to get any of our candidates in the WH with this bill hanging over the Republican neck.

Limerick on May 31, 2007 at 5:30 PM

“The RNC was advised that we would soon need an entire new system to remain viable.”

If only.

World B. Free on May 31, 2007 at 5:32 PM

Unless our candidate is pretty aggressively against amnesty, Limerick.

Bad Candy on May 31, 2007 at 5:32 PM

Hiding their heads in the ground is not going to solve the problem. That’s what Democrats usually do. Just goes to show how out of touch and off the Republican Party is these days. The base is rebelling and Washington refuses to acknowledge it to their peril.

katieanne on May 31, 2007 at 5:32 PM

Heh… I already pledged to not give one dime to the RNC if they and/or Bush pushed the amnesty bill, and they both did. So they get zero, zilch, nada from this Republican for a very looong time, if ever again. I just might re-register as Independant and never go back if they keep it up. I don’t give my hard earned money to surrender monkeys.

SilverStar830 on May 31, 2007 at 5:33 PM

I liked Bush’s Supreme Court Justices, and he definitely deserves credit for that.

But his arrogance about the immigration and his refusal to combat the liberal media has been deadly for Republicans.

Whenever I get a RNC donation request, it goes straight into the junk mail pile unopened and into the trash.

januarius on May 31, 2007 at 5:34 PM

I left the Republican Party, I joined the Federalist Party over this. I’m still waiting for their literature….

In other news, they keep asking me if I could donate. I keep returning their mail….

Tim Burton on May 31, 2007 at 5:35 PM

Maybe all that money’s going to private donations to build a wall? Or lawsuits against the Minutemen for not building it.

Tony737 on May 31, 2007 at 5:37 PM

To our peril. Everyone here will be at the polls, but those ‘conservatives’ at the workplace, the one’s who tune in the 5pm news once a week….they are lost and they will stay home. Our numbers don’t amount to a hill of beans compared to theirs. They aren’t stupid….they are burned out and that will keep em home unless this administration starts flying right. By the time we have an annointed candidate it will be too late.

Limerick on May 31, 2007 at 5:38 PM

Well they have got the train rolling in the right direction I suppose, if they want more donations hire sexy people. Anne Hathaway is running the show at RNC?

DrM2B on May 31, 2007 at 5:39 PM

Tim Burton on May 31, 2007 at 5:35 PM

they=Republicans

Tim Burton on May 31, 2007 at 5:40 PM

Woah! the images changed a bit so I will post a content warning on that link to Anne Hathaway. Be careful, sorry, evil Google.

DrM2B on May 31, 2007 at 5:40 PM

I see Baghdad Bob is now working for the RNC.

Kini on May 31, 2007 at 5:44 PM

When they call or right for the next round of funding I will not give a dime to those arrogant SOBs. I am compelely turned off by Mr. Bush’s neo-dem offering after supporting him and the party…no mas dinero para bushys

jimwesty on May 31, 2007 at 5:44 PM

No need to apologize DrM2b *cough*…whaaaaaaaaat?

Bad Candy on May 31, 2007 at 5:44 PM

DrM2B on May 31, 2007 at 5:39 PM

Didn’t think she was a Republican…

Tim Burton on May 31, 2007 at 5:48 PM

jimwesty on May 31, 2007 at 5:44 PM

See, I simply can’t do that. I’m going to send back a dime – literally.

amerpundit on May 31, 2007 at 5:49 PM

One reason might be the way they treated people. I donated small amounts on two different occasions before I became unemployed. I told them several times I was unemployed and couldn’t contribute anything because I was flat broke.
I had one solicitor who kept on after I told them this TWICE. They sounded ticked off that I wouldn’t give.

I’ll never contribute again.

GoodBoy on May 31, 2007 at 5:51 PM

Before I go to vote in the primary election I will know if my representative in the House or either of my Senators voted for this bill and if they supported this abomination of a bill, they will not get my vote in primary. That is the way you punish your Congressmen without abandoning your party. I’m sure everyone here knows that, but I still thought it was worth a mention.

Maxx on May 31, 2007 at 5:53 PM

I’ve been a consistent RNC and NRCC contributor for years. I stopped giving them money when they did their best to get RINO Lincoln Chaffee re-elected and refused to help Alan Schlesinger (CT Senate candidate) instead endorsing Lieberman. I’m glad my fellow contributors are finally growing a backbone and demanding the party actually represent us and not take our contributions for granted.

RobertCSampson on May 31, 2007 at 5:58 PM

Heh.

Hey, but let’s take stock, as other above have done:

- great job with the economy, just terrific.

- Federal and SCOTUS judges, by all accounts, have been great. You know that when comrade Ginsberg is reading dissents from the bench, we must be doing something right.

- war on terror, such as it is, had to be done, and Gore or Kerry wouldn’t have done it. Tens of thousands of dead jihadi maggots, and the removal of Hussein have announced to the world that we still have a bite that will make you bleed badly, unless of course the Democrats are in charge.

- and valuable lessons learned by the conservative electorate (don’t trust anyone, even with an “R”) and by the GOP leadership (illegal alien amnesty might be sensitive with the proles).

Jaibones on May 31, 2007 at 6:00 PM

This is terrible. Terrible.

Just watch. While we are snarling at each other, Hillary will walk right back into the White House. Ugh.

Rightwingsparkle on May 31, 2007 at 6:04 PM

DrM2B on May 31, 2007 at 5:40 PM

It’s a little late for that. Some of us are still at work.

januarius on May 31, 2007 at 6:04 PM

The steep dropoff may have led to multiple layoffs of its phone bank workers.

That’s no sweat, I’m sure they’ll be able to fill those positions for $4 an hour with a few of their newer constituents. *rim shot*

Enrique on May 31, 2007 at 6:09 PM

Well, how about a couple silver linings to this increasingly dark cloud?

1) As bad as things are, if liberal blogs are any indication – its just as bad or worse for Democrats. As angry as Republicans are over immigration, you have to quadruple it to approach liberal anger over the Dem majority collapse on Iraq.

2) In 2008, if a candidate emerges with the clarity of Bush in 2001-2002, with a specific and concrete and focused message on immigration and security – I think people are going to get excited. (Fred!?) There’s an argument to be made that Bush’s waffling on immigration might make a solid conservative easier to elect in 2008.

Or … maybe not. That assumes any conservatives are willing to open their mail in a year.

Professor Blather on May 31, 2007 at 6:12 PM

GoodBoy on May 31, 2007 at 5:51 PM

I had a similar experience. My big sister was getting married and I was helping her pay for her wedding (so, she was getting all my extra money, which wasn’t much to begin with).

When the RNC called for a donation, I explained this to them and told them that I wasn’t able to donate anything at this time but that I would consider it after the wedding when my funds weren’t tied up. This guy kept at me for about 10 minutes (I don’t like being rude and hanging up, but I’m going to have to start doing that if people keep acting like this). He just kept reminding me that if I didn’t donate that I would be helping the Dems and that it was important to support conservative causes (Ha! As if that really mattered anyway.)

He was never rude, but, I told him “No. Not at this time.” very firmly a few times, then explained why I didn’t have any extra to donate and he still wouldn’t stop. It’s a big turn off as far as ever donating money goes.

Of course, the bigger turn off is how the President is currently treating his base.

JadeNYU on May 31, 2007 at 6:16 PM

Enrique on May 31, 2007 at 6:09 PM

Winner!

Bad Candy on May 31, 2007 at 6:16 PM

I’d thought after the drubbing they took in 2006 that the Republican Party leadership would’ve taken heed of what was perhaps the best summation of that election I’ve seen:

“The reason why the Democrats won and the Republicans lost is because both parties distanced themselves from their bases.”

But noooo. Just the opposite it seems. Rather like a restaurant ordering experience:

Customer: “You brought me green eggs and ham. I don’t want this.”

Waiter: “But of course, I understand … what you want is a double order or green eggs and ham! Coming right up!!”

I used to be a reliable donor to the RNC and the RPTF, but in 2006 I gave nothing and I see no reason to give anything this year, either. We may have to get our collective butts kicked in 2008, but somehow, some way, the party base has got to take back the party from the assclowns who are running it now.

I only they don’t destroy the party before we can reclaim it.

Spurius Ligustinus on May 31, 2007 at 6:21 PM

Jobs Americans won’t do?

Thank you. I’ll be here all night. Be sure and tip your waiter!

jaleach on May 31, 2007 at 6:21 PM

The RNC could have just acknowledged the end.

If Bush can join liberals against America then I guess we can join liberals against a good old fashioned government back stabbing.

Now maybe we can heed George Washington’s adamant advice and do away with political parties.

Speakup on May 31, 2007 at 6:22 PM

Looks like we will have to donate to Fred! separate from the RNC. I wonder how that works?

CrimsonFisted on May 31, 2007 at 6:24 PM

I’m going to make a bold prediction here that Bush’s approval rating is going to hit an all-time low the next time it is measured, and it will eclipse that of Jimmy Carter.

Seixon on May 31, 2007 at 6:27 PM

Jaibones on May 31, 2007 at 6:00 PM

- great job with the economy, just terrific.
Well for the most part yes but what’s up with the government spending? There is nothing Republican about that giant deficit.

Well, despite George Bush’s best efforts with affirmative action pick Harriet Miers we ended up with two rather impressive SCOTUS judges.

Well lets just hope that our wide open borders don’t lead to a sudden and tragic change of opinion in that regard.

And beware of the two C-words… Compassionate and Comprehensive.

Zetterson on May 31, 2007 at 6:28 PM

No wonder the guy that called me about a week ago sounded so absolutely desperate. ‘Shop talk’ must have held a rumor that the axe was falling if donations didn’t pick up.

As much as I hate telemarketers of any stripe, I kind of feel bad for heaping so much abuse on Bush and the RINO Senate on the poor guy that had to dial my number. He probably knew he would be out of work the next day.

LegendHasIt on May 31, 2007 at 6:30 PM

I may have been one of those called who gave the poor person at the GOP an ear full! Nothing personal, sorry you lost your job. But as I stated earlier, I am through with the GOP. Done, don’t ever call again. Beat it. I’d rather suffer under the rule of the stupid democraps than have to PAY to suffer under the likes of Arlen the Specter.

Zorro on May 31, 2007 at 6:30 PM

From the article;

These aren’t the droids you’re looking for.

Bad Candy on May 31, 2007 at 5:25 PM

Priceless! Wish I had thought of that. :o)

Coronagold on May 31, 2007 at 6:31 PM

Seixon on May 31, 2007 at 6:27 PM

Yeah, I bet you are right. Perhaps he could be the first President ever to hit 0% approval. Wouldn’t that be special?

Zetterson on May 31, 2007 at 6:32 PM

This is how the democratic process is supposed to work, people. Especially in the party out of power. The desires of the base get hammered out, their representatives get on message or ship out.

jdpaz on May 31, 2007 at 6:32 PM

This is how the democratic process is supposed to work, people.

It should seem that way jdpaz, but the base always seems to get the shaft…when we’re the minority, there are promises of change, efficiency, less spending “return to values”…and then as soon as they get back into the majority, they turn their back on all of the promises that they made, and revert to the fat happy bureaucrats from yesteryears. It’s a never ending cycle of disappointment…and I’m only 25!? I shouldn’t have such a grasp on the cycle at this age…it’s supposed to take me years longer to get jaded.

StoutRepublican on May 31, 2007 at 6:38 PM

“The RNC spokesman denied that there has been a falloff at all. Yup, there’s nothing wrong in the GOP family these days. Nothing at all. Nothing to see here, move along.”

Yeah, that’s the ticket!

pocomoco on May 31, 2007 at 6:39 PM

This is terrible. Terrible.

Rightwingsparkle on May 31, 2007 at 6:04 PM

Don’t blame the base for that! You can lay her presidency at the feet of the RINO elites.

SouthernGent on May 31, 2007 at 6:47 PM

promises of change, efficiency, less spending “return to values”

These are all kinda touchy-feely and we shouldn’t be too surprised when we’re pandered to then ignored on them. But this immigration thing and the WoT are big enough issues that everybody’s engaged and T.O.’d.

jdpaz on May 31, 2007 at 7:13 PM

These traitorous scum don’t deserve a dime of any hard working American’s money. If they want to pander to illegal aliens, let them solicit money from them.

quax1 on May 31, 2007 at 7:15 PM

Hit em in the PocketBook Kids!

Represent me, or Kiss off!

Yee haa!

thats the free market at work folks!!!!

-Wasteland Man.

WastelandMan on May 31, 2007 at 7:23 PM

Would the last person to leave the party please turn off the lights.

Buzzy on May 31, 2007 at 7:25 PM

Maybe the Clintons are that powerfull, maybe they’re orchestrating this whole thing. You know Bill’s been spending alot of time with Bush 41. Just sayin’.

bmac on May 31, 2007 at 7:34 PM

I wrote “protect the border” on my donation form and sent in nothing. I’m normally a small but steady donor. I really DO hope they get the message. We’ve got great people this time out but we need to hold our politicos responsible.

Mojave Mark on May 31, 2007 at 7:34 PM

The post’s headline says,

Shocka! RNC donations off by 40%

But the cited article says only that there’s been

an estimated 40 percent fall-off in small-donor contributions

The post says,

The RNC spokesman denied that there has been a falloff at all.

as if she was lying; however, the cited article says,

The RNC spokeswoman denied that the committee has seen any drop-off in contributions. “Any assertion that overall donations have gone down is patently false,” Miss Schmitt said.

Why couldn’t we have been content with saying that small donor contributions appear to be down 40%? Isn’t that bad enough? Then in light of the RNC spokeswoman’s claim that overall contributions are not down, we could have followed the thread and wondered if some large donors are, in effect, making up for the lost revenue from small donors. That also would be interesting news in itself.

Kralizec on May 31, 2007 at 7:35 PM

This small donor has been screening calls to avoid the RNC donation hounds for weeks. I don’t even want to talk to them. I might lose my cool. At least now I can just answer the dern phone.

NTWR on May 31, 2007 at 7:44 PM

I haven’t sent the RNC money since porkbusters started. They dutifully call me every month and hear me tell them that spending must go down before I will send them money.

shirgall on May 31, 2007 at 7:48 PM

What the heck is up with Bush these days anyway? He’s tacking port on all issues it seems. Now he does a U-turn on Gorebal warming too? AARRGH. Did he finally figure out he’s not running for election again and instead of using that fact to push the conservative agenda he shows his true colors? I feel so used, so… dirty.

NTWR on May 31, 2007 at 7:53 PM

If they call me, I will likely give an earful. I will have to control myself to remember the person calling me is trying to earn a living and isn’t a GOP decision maker.

Based on what one person wrote here, I checked the New Federalist Party. I need to read a bit more to decide how well they fit with my beliefs.

The search is on for a new political party to join…..

Mooseman

Mooseman on May 31, 2007 at 7:58 PM

Bravo RNC! Great job Mel Martinez! You go Trent Lott!

These idiots are aiming right for the damn iceberg and then they have the nerve to berate us for yelling it out.

I guess some more of you moron RINO Senators need some career redeployment.

WisCon on May 31, 2007 at 8:04 PM

Believe it or not good might come from this. Republican “leadership” (in this case not “leadership” but those that hold the power)is alienating it’s base of support for the benefit of wealthy and corporate interests. This issue may very well spark a revolt that results in new representatives that recognize that policy that benefit the Ferengi do not sit will with the majority of Americans.

The real culprit in this issue is the wealthy, corporate, and small business owners who value their short term profit to the detriment of the nation and advocate the illegal alien’s presence. We do indeed have Ferengi in our midst, individuals who place their own margins above the nation and it’s citizens.

Take a good look, this is what they look like.

omegaram on May 31, 2007 at 8:12 PM

Somewhat Off Topic

Anyone watching O’Rielly? Tony Snow was just on.

I am happy that Bill just spoke for me and said “all I wanted was to deport the 12 million already here.”

I wish Michelle was hosting.

F15Mech on May 31, 2007 at 8:22 PM

I received a call about 3 weeks ago, before the immigration bill hit. I told them that I had little money to donate, and I was waiting for my candidate to announce. He asked who was my candidate and I told him Fred Thompson. This particular solicitor stated he hopes Fred runs, too.

windybon on May 31, 2007 at 8:23 PM

I received one of the RNC requests for my usual donation the same day I got one for the SPCA.

I gave to the dogs. At least they won’t turn on me when I feed them.

BacaDog on May 31, 2007 at 8:35 PM

I stopped my donations when the stupid RNC backed Chafee against a solid conservative Republican candidate in the Rhode Island primaries.

Wade on May 31, 2007 at 8:40 PM

If you get a fundraising letter from the RNC, go to Home Depot or Lowes and buy a brick for 69 cents. Take the return postage paid envelope and secure it to the brick with clear shipping tape. Make sure the brick is completely wrapped so it won’t damafe anything when you drop it in the mailbox.

Valiant on May 31, 2007 at 9:11 PM

“I can say, and I am responsible for what I am saying, that they have started to commit suicide under the walls of Baghdad. We will encourage them to commit more suicides quickly.” – IMM

Sad when the old Iraqi Mis-Information Minister sounds more believable than Bush.

“If you want to kill the bill, if you don’t want to do what’s right for America, you can pick one little aspect out of it, you can use it to frighten people. Or you can show leadership and solve this problem once and for all.” – President Bush

E L Frederick (Sniper One) on May 31, 2007 at 9:11 PM

Where can someone buy Pesos? I want to donate.

Buzzy on May 31, 2007 at 9:16 PM

Yo no hablo espanol
Muy, muy penquena
No se que pasa
Donde esta mi amiga?
Adios, uno dos, tres y cuatro
Entrada y bailar, y San Louis Obismo
Y San Francisco, Orlando, San Antonio
Ontario, jueves el rancho

Kini on May 31, 2007 at 9:21 PM

Here’s a Peso for ya…

E L Frederick (Sniper One) on May 31, 2007 at 9:23 PM

Believe it or not, the RNC called me a couple hours ago. I almost fell out of my chair because it was right after I read this post and put in my first comments. Anyhow, I explained my reasoning why I was no longer a contributor to the RNC representative. I would note that he was much more persistent and adamant than they usually are although I was impressed that I believe he was I dare say a well-spoken African-American gentleman. He kept acknowledging my points about money going to re-elect rinos etc. but saying that we “certainly aren’t supporting any liberals, we need to stick together so Hillary doesn’t become President”..

RobertCSampson on May 31, 2007 at 9:27 PM

I’m with you, professor. As soon as I read the story, all I could think of was Fred! Politics, if it’s like anything else, abhors a vacuum, and that 40% looks like it could be Freds stake–his shot to make up the fundraising deficit he’s taken on by getting in later.

smellthecoffee on May 31, 2007 at 9:28 PM

The RNC was advised that we would soon need an entirely new system leadership to remain viable.

Truth to power.

infidel4life on May 31, 2007 at 9:37 PM

Don’t send pesos. That won’t get their attention anymore. Send them a hundred dolores.

LegendHasIt on May 31, 2007 at 9:41 PM

Instead of running against Hillary why don’t the Republicans run for the people. I know, I know radical idea. The evening news here in ATL showed folks protesting in front of the offices of Chambliss and Isakson against the amnesty bill, er I am sorry the non amnesty bill but rather a Comprhensive Immigration Bill as they say. Nobody is happy about this sham and now after so many of the congress critters have tried to defend it even if they vote against it it will leave a bad taste in the voters mouths. The time to listen was before you tried to ram this English as second language legislation down our throats.

LakeRuins on May 31, 2007 at 9:46 PM

Where can someone buy Pesos? I want to donate.

Ooh, I like that idea. Check with your bank. They’ll at least know where to send you.

Farmer_Joe on May 31, 2007 at 9:52 PM

Let’s say Corp. America gets their workers and then rewards the RNC with say a trillion dollars worth of campaign ads, if voters don’t show up at the polls that trillion might as well have been flushed down the toilet.

Who would or not vote in the next election and who has the most to lose?

I say the RNC does.

Speakup on May 31, 2007 at 9:58 PM

Professor if there is a bright side to this travesty it well could be that it will serve as a litmus test for the values of candidates for a long time to come. Two part exit question might be, has this immigration bill cost Rudy the nomination? And when will McCain realize his political career is over?

Buzzy on May 31, 2007 at 10:01 PM

A congressman from Georgia who’s been reading the amnesty bill has decided to include later:

- no amnesty for repeat drunk driving offenders
- no amnesty for those who received deportation notices and vanished here (didn’t show up at court)
- no amnesty for those who aided terrorist efforts in this country

Believe it or not, there are no such provisions in the bill so far. Just a minor oversight in the illustriously humanitarian senators’ haste to pass any bill.

Entelechy on May 31, 2007 at 10:03 PM

Is this the Daily Kos now?

I guess during all this bitching about immigration, you missed the Carrier groups that sailed into the Straights of Hormez on the sly. Social Cons have nothing on you guys.

Stormy70 on May 31, 2007 at 10:05 PM

Where can someone buy Pesos? I want to donate.

In front of any Home Depot®

LakeRuins on May 31, 2007 at 10:06 PM

And when will McCain realize his political career is over?

Buzzy on May 31, 2007 at 10:01 PM

Around March-April 2008, and should he not be asked to be a VP either. He and Fred are very good friends and the latter could happen, though.

Entelechy on May 31, 2007 at 10:07 PM

- no amnesty for repeat drunk driving offenders
- no amnesty for those who aided terrorist efforts in this country

Entelechy on May 31, 2007 at 10:03 PM

Sounds more like 3 strikes and yer out. Repeat drunk driving offenses?????

LakeRuins on May 31, 2007 at 10:08 PM

Since Republican Party leadership no longer represents my views, I too have left the GOP and am now a registered Independent.

Thank you George Bush and thank you Congress for showing me the way to my new-found freedom!

CliffHanger on May 31, 2007 at 10:14 PM

Stormy70 on May 31, 2007 at 10:05 PM

You’re in the wrong thread. Misspellings go here:

infidel4life on May 31, 2007 at 10:16 PM

Sorry, typo Hormuz, you know, where the actual enemy is located.

Stormy70 on May 31, 2007 at 10:21 PM

StoutRepublican on May 31, 2007 at 6:38 PM

No, 25 is about right. That’s about the time I became cynical. Time to grow up junior. Politics is a contact sport.

HerrMorgenholz on May 31, 2007 at 10:22 PM

Repeat drunk driving offenses?????

LakeRuins on May 31, 2007 at 10:08 PM

This is from KFI’s John & Ken show from this afternoon. They had a Californian widow on, with 4 young children, who’s husband was killed, yes by an illegal repeat drunk driving offender. Her story prompted them to talk about the GA congressman and his findings.

Entelechy on May 31, 2007 at 10:30 PM

That’s a lot of people who don’t want “what’s best for America.”

Bite me, W.

drjohn on May 31, 2007 at 10:31 PM

Check out this little gem from Edwin Meese.

sonnyspats1 on May 31, 2007 at 10:32 PM

sonnyspats1, that is an excellent video, explained reasonably and calmly, including the honesty about the amnesty bill under Mr. Reagan. Which part in this video doesn’t Mr. Bush 43 understand?

Entelechy on May 31, 2007 at 10:43 PM

The RNCC sent me a survey a while back which I filled out… they wanted a donation or at least $15 to help process the survey. I don’t have a ton of money so I just threw ‘em the $15 and called it a day. A week or so later, the amnesty situation came fully to light. I’ve since received another survey…. and tossed it right in the trash. I’m not one who will stay home to protest on election day, because I’m all about “anyone but Hillary”, but they’re idiots if they think I’m sending them any financial support at this point. My taxes aren’t enough?

RightWinged on May 31, 2007 at 10:50 PM

March for America Events June 14, 15, 16

March for America June 14, 15, 16 Washington D.C. and state capitols across the country. Be there or be without a country.

ProudPatriot on May 31, 2007 at 10:55 PM

LakeRuins, I found this in the Chertoff thread

This is SO infuriating!
I read in the Tennessean yesterday that over the Memorial Day weekend there were approx 230 people arrested for driving related offenses. Of those there were 66 “foreign nationals” of THOSE 61 were ILLEGAL and either charged with DUI and no driver’s license or another vehicle problem AND NO DRIVERS LICENSE.
It is INFURIATING!

labwrs on May 31, 2007 at 5:30 PM

RightWinged, don’t throw those items in the trash – mark them, write to them in protest, or attach a penny. I received an e-mail from them a few days ago, peddling. I can’t repeat what happened to them next. Oh, I didn’t use foul language but I gave them all I had/could (and NO money).

Entelechy on May 31, 2007 at 11:06 PM

They care not what they see. Their only care is what they want to see. The easy way. Just like always.

Griz on May 31, 2007 at 11:25 PM

I knew the immigration bill was terrible, but until that video by Ed Meese, I didn’t understand just HOW terrible!

If someone in Congress supports this bill, they will never have MY support again.

The RNC will not be getting a penny from me after getting shafted so many times by all of the Rino elitists controlling the Republican party.

Jodella on May 31, 2007 at 11:46 PM