Shocka! RNC donations off by 40%

posted at 5:20 pm on May 31, 2007 by Bryan

The steep dropoff may have led to multiple layoffs of its phone bank workers.

The Republican National Committee, hit by a grass-roots donors’ rebellion over President Bush’s immigration policy, has fired all 65 of its telephone solicitors, Ralph Z. Hallow will report Friday in The Washington Times.

Faced with an estimated 40 percent fall-off in small-donor contributions and aging phone-bank equipment that the RNC said would cost too much to update, Anne Hathaway, the committee’s chief of staff, summoned the solicitations staff last week and told them they were out of work, effective immediately, the fired staffers told The Times.

The national committee yesterday confirmed the firings that took place more than a week ago, but denied that the move was motivated by declining donor response to phone solicitations.

“The phone-bank employees were terminated,” RNC spokeswoman Tracey Schmitt wrote by e-mail in response to questions sent by The Times. “This was not an easy decision. The first and primary motivating factor was the state of the phone bank technology, which was outdated and difficult to maintain. The RNC was advised that we would soon need an entire new system to remain viable.”

Fired employees acknowledged that the committee’s phone equipment was outdated, but said a sharp drop-off in donations “probably” hastened the end of the RNC’s in-house phone-bank operation.

Now, what on earth might cause such a cratering in the finances?

There has been a sharp decline in contributions from RNC phone solicitations, another fired staffer said, reporting that many former donors flatly refuse to give more money to the national party if Mr. Bush and the Senate Republicans insist on supporting what these angry contributors call “amnesty” for illegal aliens.

“Everyone donor in 50 states we reached has been angry, especially in the last month and a half, and for 99 percent of them immigration is the No. 1 issue,” said the former employee.

The RNC spokesman denied that there has been a falloff at all. Yup, there’s nothing wrong in the GOP family these days. Nothing at all. Nothing to see here, move along.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

Ever since the RNC supported the RINO in New England in the primary (can’t remember his name, but was defeated in the general election) and Bush named Martinez head of the RNC I have stopped giving to the RNC. I now only give to the RNCC (Republican National Congressional Committee) and individual candidates that I believe are true conservatives. Won’t change any time soon!

SSG Fuzzy on May 31, 2007 at 11:49 PM

They care not what they see..
Griz on May 31, 2007 at 11:25 PM

What they (GW and McCain) see was Lieberman getting elected by the DINOs and RINOs and have bet the farm that that is the model for the next election. They are sure of it and have bet the farm on it. All I can say is the Rep’s I know are all in revolt……all of em.

Limerick on May 31, 2007 at 11:50 PM

Reading through the comments above I see someone else mentioned who I was thinking of. Lincoln Chaffee!

SSG Fuzzy on May 31, 2007 at 11:57 PM

Bush the traitor. Bring on Fred Thompson!

VOTE FRED THOMPSON!

msipes on June 1, 2007 at 12:16 AM

You can buy pesos on ebay.

Old coins, including postage, go for about 75 cents US.

But it’s cheaper to print out and mail, as a postcard, the Bushy Peso scrip from Sniper One or the ’100 dollore bill’ supplied by Legend Hasit, both above -on links.

Right click on the image, save it to picture file, print out on heavy stock card paper, add GWB’s White House address, plus one post card stamp, and mail.

profitsbeard on June 1, 2007 at 12:34 AM

I’ve supported Bush through thick and thin in Seattle. I’ve been called a “Nazi” and hated. I’ve stood firm in the face of high-powered Moonbattery. Now he betrays us on the essential, important, existential issue of millions of non-Americans invading (peacefully, for the most part, but still invading) my beloved Country, an invasion that could threaten it’s character and future.

Shame on President Bush, shame on McCain and the rest who support this first step to the extinction of the great light our Founding Fathers lit in 1776.

gmoonster on June 1, 2007 at 1:29 AM

Bush is why I became a Libertarian.
I was raised a conservative Republican and will always hole Ronald Reagan us as the Gold Standard, but Bush is a LIBERAL.

I remember Bush starting his Presidency trying to align himself with Ted Kennedy.

Bush has consistently capitulated to the Left in this country, created unnecessary government programs, and increased spending to ridiculous levels.

He is a failure.

I think him for my tax cut, but I can’t wait until the door hits him in the ass.

I still support the Iraq War, because I thought removing Saddam Hussein was the right thing to do,
but I will never forgive Bush for the disaster of the post-Saddam era security in Iraq and lack of a proper troop level to do the job to WIN.

angryamerican on June 1, 2007 at 1:46 AM

Sorry but Bush is a open border Libertarian… isn’t he?

Buzzy on June 1, 2007 at 2:18 AM

If Libertarians weren’t so squishy on the border, I would be one today.

Valiant on June 1, 2007 at 2:23 AM

Sorry but Bush is a open border Libertarian… isn’t he?
Buzzy on June 1, 2007 at 2:18 AM

Hardly. Bush is a globalist (just like his father). That trumps everything… Including the Constitution, respect for the people that got him elected.

Libertarians tend to be isolationist.

What amazes me is that he managed to fool me on that for four years and a few months. (His Father NEVER fooled me, though.)

IF it weren’t for the distraction of 9/11 I don’t think he would have fooled many of us much past 2002 though.

LegendHasIt on June 1, 2007 at 3:35 AM

I think I got caught up in the campaign against the GoreBot and forgot I was voting for a Bush. Then in 2004 I would have voted for damned near anyone to keep Kerry out of office. Bush’s antics since re election really shouldn’t have been such a nasty surprise but they were.

I’m finding myself feeling decidedly more isolationist these days but I’m sure its just globalization backlash. Should have known he wasn’t a libertarian, never saw him with a frisbee or a legalize marijuana t shirt……..

Buzzy on June 1, 2007 at 5:09 AM

My donations, and the rest of my extended family’s donations, are off by 100%. And we’d give even less if we could. After busting our butts for the GOP for so many years, it really hurts to see what it has become.

Neither of the two current alternatives – letting the Dhimmicrats win or putting up with this constant GOP capitulation – is viable any longer. What to do, what to do…?

I think Ann Coulter was very precient in her dissing of Karl Rove way back in 2004.

Halley on June 1, 2007 at 5:59 AM

Another day – another email to my senators.

an estimated 40 percent fall-off in small-donor contributions

Thanks HA for the ammo

roydee43 on June 1, 2007 at 7:13 AM

NTWR asks: “:What the heck is up with Bush these days anyway?”

Peggy Noonan’s column at the Journal answers this question, I think:

What President Bush is doing, and has been doing for some time, is sundering a great political coalition. This is sad, and it holds implications not only for one political party but for the American future….

…They [Bush and his advisers] are trying to lay down markers for history. Having lost the support of most of the country, they are looking to another horizon. The story they would like written in the future is this: Faced with the gathering forces of ethnocentric darkness, a hardy and heroic crew stood firm and held high a candle in the wind. It will make a good chapter. Would that it were true!….

…One of the things I have come to think the past few years is that the Bushes, father and son, though different in many ways, are great wasters of political inheritance. They throw it away as if they’d earned it and could do with it what they liked.

Remember Bush’s words right after the 2004 election? Well, he didn’t “spend” his political capital, HE THREW IT AWAY, didn’t he?

But all is not lost, ladies and gentlemen.

The Republicans WILL sweep 2008 if they nominate a candidate that supports the war on terrorism, opposes amnesty, is a fiscal conservative, and stands for the same principles that Ronald Reagan did.

I’ll say it again so you know I’m serious: The Republicans WILL sweep 2008, but only if they return to their roots.

By 2008, the Democrats treason (their efforts to sabotage the war), their kowtowing to the illegal immigration lobby, and the planned tax hike (the largest in US history) will be universally despised by most of America — do not think otherwise or listen to the MSM pontificate otherwise.

Do not fear, America WILL GROW TIRED of the perpetual witch-hunt in search of partisan advantage. In fact, it think it’s already starting.

The Democrats are a do-nothing bunch of assclowns who cannot win if they face a Republican party UNITED behind strong a presidential candidate that stands for national security, no-illegal alien amnesty, low taxes, and who can articulate why the war against Al Qaeda must be fought where Al Qaeda is, even if they are in Iraq or Afghanistan, and who can explain to the American people why Iran is such a dangerous enemy.

The 2008 election is, believe it or not, OURS TO LOSE and not the Democrats to win.

With a focused anti-Democrat ad campaign highlighting their corruption in Congress (especially earmarks and William Jefferson’s retention instead of expulsion, among others), their treason (and we have to be very blunt about calling it just that), their plans to tax middle class Americans to death, and their LYING, TWO-FACED pathetic lies that they routinely tell Americans every day.

Combined with efforts to reach the people OUTSIDE of the editorial boards and broadcast newsrooms through the use of a bully pulpit, the Internet, the blogs, and plain old fashioned TV/Radio ads starting this summer, The Treason Party can be put on the defensive.

We must play EXTREME hardball and mount an all out offensive against the Democrats doing whatever it will take. It will take CONGRESSIONAL republicans to participate, both on the floor, before the candidates, on the talk shows, where-ever. NO MORE “COLLEGIAL” behavior towards the enemy — the DEMOCRATS.

The rebellion by rank and file Republicans (and don’t let AJ Strata and some others say that this is some sort of extreme right-wing phenom, this IS a rank and file in open rebellion over the direction of the leadership) is sending a strong message to the “leadership” (including that fool Martinez) that the Republican National Committee must either lead or follow. But in either case, they have to get out of the way. And if they don’t “get out of the way,” the rank and file WILL starve it of all funding and ignore them.

The ideal presidential candidate has to be well known, personable, intelligent, quick to respond to the bullshit, traitor MSM actors like Dave Gregory, Russert, Couric, and Stephanopoulos, and willing to be as vicious as Hillary/Obama/Edwards/Gore when push comes to shove. I’m pretty sure than neither McCain (big-time amnesty supporter) or Rudy (supporter of gun control and abortion) will be satisfactory.

I hope that these two will graciously exit the scene when the time comes. Hopefully, after the convention the President will go overboard to ASSIST the nominee in getting his message out by using his bully pulpit to strongly endorse the party platform and will help unify Republicans back together.

What I am saying is, with the right candidate; with the correct advertising; with the PRESIDENT and THE RNC working together to attack, attack, and attack the Democrats where they are vulnerable (on just about everything they touch, in other words), 2008 ought to be OUR ELECTION by right!

George Bush is NOT the Republican Party.

George Bush is the Commander-in-Chief while our country is at war. He must focus on winning that war, drop amnesty, and confront the Democrat with strong words and even stronger actions.

As I said yesterday, I support and will continue to support the President on the war. I will NOT support him on this immigration bill.

I fully intend to vote REPUBLICAN in 2008 because to allow the Democrats to retain control of Congress or win the White House will be to insure that the terrorists win, thanks to the treasonous, ongoing, activities of the party of TREASON.

I urge each of you who are threatening or promising to walk away from the Republican party next year to reconsider and remember that another 4 years of DEMOCRATS in charge will result in the murder of millions of Americans — INSIDE AMERICA.

The time to mold the party is now. The time to force a leadership change inside the party is now, with the power of the purse in OUR hands, not the Party leaderships.

My 2 cents.

georgej on June 1, 2007 at 7:18 AM

Bottom line….this president has cut a deal with his good friend, Clinton. Personally, I’m tired of the elitist dynasties running the country. Time for new blood….preferably Fred Thompson. However, I will always vote and I will always vote Republican. I just may hold on to my money a little longer.

lynnv on June 1, 2007 at 8:13 AM

I think it is time to pull out the “Bush Peso’s” that michelle had on her site in early ’06 and start mailing them to the redems. Anyone have the JPEG? I was in Iraq so I didn’t get to save it.

BadBrad on June 1, 2007 at 8:34 AM

The last time I voted Democratic was for Jimmy Carter. There, I said it and I’m sooooo ashamed. But Jimmy helped turn me into a die hard conservative, Ronald reagan solidified it, and I’ve never regretted my support for Republican candidates until now. I can rationalize it by saying I really had no choice. I mean…come on…Bush or Kerry. That was a no brainer.
I have supported Bush through thick and thin…argued with co-workers and people in the street, defended him when I was already beginning to question what I was defending…but no more.
I feel betrayed, even though I could see it coming. It may take years to undo the damage he has done. To paraphrase the theme song to All in the Family…”Mister we could use a man like Ronald Reagan again.”

sdd on June 1, 2007 at 8:50 AM

GeorgeJ, IMHO that was a very good post. I think it will be easy for me to vote Republican in 2008 but only because I believe that nobody who supports illegal immigration or this “amnesty” bill will get within spitting distance of the nomination. Fred has a check coming from me just as soon as I can donate to his campaign and I’ll work for him too. I’m also blessed with good conservatives in both the Senate and the House, Tom Coburn, Jim Inhoffe, and Mary Fallin, they can always count on my vote and my money. It’s only if Rudy or McCain gets the nod that we’ll have problems. We got into this mess voting for RINOs who weren’t quite as bad as the Democrats and look where it got us. We’ve either got to take back the GOP and the RNC or walk away and form another party at this point.

Buzzy on June 1, 2007 at 8:58 AM

“All your base are belong to us.”

Dubya, Rove, etc. would do well to contemplate the financial meaning of this statement. The numbers clearly show it.

flutejpl on June 1, 2007 at 9:29 AM

sdd on June 1, 2007 at 8:50 AM

A Reagan would be great, at this point I would settle for someone with balls.

Wade on June 1, 2007 at 9:32 AM

Noonan in the WSJ says it all. Wasted presdidency, unrelenting spending, not listening to your base, and now calling your base racists…making them your enemy.

It will be more than 40% unless the party leaders wise up and realize that conservative means conservative. We aren’t a bunch of mindless liberals who will follow anyone because the talking points of Moveon or Soros or Pelosi tells us to. You move away from the basic tenents of lower taxes, less spending, adherence to the constitution, protection of our borders, and we move away from you. If you think the ideals layed out by Reagan are dead…look at your lack of base support. Shame on you Bush for calling yourself a conservative.

right2bright on June 1, 2007 at 9:37 AM

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES!

Hit ‘em where it hurts.

Anybody who gives a PLUG NICKEL to the RNC after this STUNNING BETRAYAL is a LEMMING.

A lemming standing alone in resplendent wet noodledom. Like the cheese in farmer in the dell.

seejanemom on June 1, 2007 at 9:49 AM

If you want to send the RNC real money, don’t waste your money on Pesos. Show them that it’s an Americas-wide problem. I suggest Paraguay’s Guarani.

If you’re feeling cheap, send them five centimos, the smallest unit of the G$. At an exchange rate of 5,060 to 1, that’s worth 1/1012 of one US cent as of this morning. That’s so darned worthless I can’t believe that they waste the energy minting it. Then again, having been to Paraguay, maybe I can believe it.

Sadly, the only currency I have left from my time in Paraguay is a 5000G note. Still, the darn thing’s worth only 99 Lincoln coppers. If you’re feeling extravagant, find Paraguay’s largest currency unit… the 100,000G note. Then maybe the RNC will think for a fleeting moment that it’s actually getting something! Quick, let’s do the math: US$19.76. Talk about a letdown.

flutejpl on June 1, 2007 at 10:08 AM

As a “Racist” per the RINO’s & WH my question is why would I donate my hard earned jack to an organization that spits in my face and then asks me to pay for it. No thanks.

The Disabled Vet’s of America got this year money donation.

VikingGoneWild on June 1, 2007 at 10:11 AM

That’s no sweat, I’m sure they’ll be able to fill those positions for $4 an hour with a few of their newer constituents. *rim shot*

Enrique on May 31, 2007 at 6:09 PM

{Bump}

Lawrence on June 1, 2007 at 10:15 AM

Time for the RNC to break with Bush. Let him flounder around and let’s get the RNC party back. The longer the two are associated the more the conservatives are hurt. Bush has left the building, lets face the reality and make the changes to the RNC now.

Wade on June 1, 2007 at 10:18 AM

The day I hear an Indian accent claiming to be named “Todd” asking me for money from the RNC is the day that I become a card carrying DEMOCRAT.

No…make that GREEN PARTY member.

seejanemom on June 1, 2007 at 10:19 AM

georgej on June 1, 2007 at 7:18 AM

Good post, and I think your heart is in the right place… but..

Repubs have become the party of big government and big spending. When WE gave them both houses and the presidency, they created the largest government increas is size ever (Homeland Sec). Problem is that its ineffective, both FEMA and the Border P have DECREASED in effectivness. There are many American Secrets getting out, with only Scooter Libby being prosecuted??? Justice dept. and Homeland Sec have both grown huge and bloted, like parasites, and it was on the Republican watch.

Borders. They’ve had 6 years to fix the borders and even Bushy says the government failed… so we now want to give the same guys who CREATED the problem, did nothing about for years, a blank check to fix it?

War votes… we are not fighting a WAR on terror, we are using our troops as police… War must be fought to the hilt… not in a PC manner… but the Repubs no longer get this….

Sorry, as I said, I did not break with the Repubs, they broke with me. I don’t see the current Repub power structure backing down a BIT even though the base is livid. This tells me all I need to know about their attitude. They will NOT relinquish power, and if I give them my vote again? It’ll be the same dam crap all over.

The are now profesional Republicans, not there to serve the people.

Romeo13 on June 1, 2007 at 10:26 AM

Dé por favor el dinero al partido nacional republicano

Wade on June 1, 2007 at 10:38 AM

I think it is time to pull out the “Bush Peso’s” that michelle had on her site in early ‘06 and start mailing them to the redems. Anyone have the JPEG? I was in Iraq so I didn’t get to save it.

BadBrad on June 1, 2007 at 8:34 AM

G. Mason on June 1, 2007 at 11:10 AM

Get your Bush Peso notes here:

ricer1 on June 1, 2007 at 11:16 AM

And just to make sure the stupid liberal trolls who cruise through here to find out what real thinking people write.

You may be gleefull that we are attacking Bush, that is fine, but think why we backing away from him…because he is not conservative enough, he is moving towards you and anyone or anything that moves towards you we reject.
Unlike you mindless dolts that embrace a senator that gives billions to her husband (feinstein), or embraces a congressman with bribe money in the freezer, or leaders that create fortunes from desert land, or leaders who wish for our troops to fail (and worse, die) and support bills to allow that.

The majority of the people want control of our borders, and we will get it.

right2bright on June 1, 2007 at 11:35 AM

jimwesty on May 31, 2007 at 5:44 PM
See, I simply can’t do that. I’m going to send back a dime – literally.

amerpundit on May 31, 2007 at 5:49 PM

I’m sending a peso to RNC and a thousand to Fred

doginblack on June 1, 2007 at 11:42 AM

Peggy Noonan smashes one clean out of the park today. If you haven’t read this piece, you should.

What are you waiting for?!? Click the damn link and read already!

thirteen28 on June 1, 2007 at 11:46 AM

Is this the Daily Kos now?

I guess during all this bitching about immigration, you missed the Carrier groups that sailed into the Straights of Hormez on the sly. Social Cons have nothing on you guys.

Stormy70 on May 31, 2007 at 10:05 PM

Like most people here, I can walk, talk, chew bubble gum and call in an airstrike all at the same time. For those that can not decipher that comment: I can multi task.

VikingGoneWild on June 1, 2007 at 12:05 PM

georgej on June 1, 2007 at 7:18 AM

georgej, your post was excellent, but it still doesn’t mean people should not walk away from the Republican party. If anything, they should walk away from the party apparatus and only support conservative candidates, not RINOs.

And on that note, I think it’s great that donations are down to the RNC, and hopefully it will follow with the National Republican Senatorial Committee as well. The money given to those groups will just get pissed away on supporting worthless candidates like Arlen Specter, Lincoln Chaffee (as in the past election cycle), Lindsey Graham, and so forth.

Instead, people should give to conservative candidates and support aggressive primary challenges.

As Peg’s column said today, it’s not us breaking with them – they’ve already broken with us. Now make them pay for it in reduced donations.

thirteen28 on June 1, 2007 at 12:13 PM

I want to know who are the other 60% that are still giving money to these drunken sailors?

paulsur on June 1, 2007 at 12:13 PM

Millions for defense, not one penny for surrender to the South.

ptolemy on June 1, 2007 at 1:07 PM

Hey now… don’t insult us Drunken Sailors…

We do have certain standards…

Savvy?

Romeo13 on June 1, 2007 at 1:44 PM

I was called three times by the RNC over the last two years and gave them an ear full on Illegal Immigration.

The last call(last week) I told them the RNC had betrayed the American people and GWB was a traitor for not enforcing the borders.

I told them they will never get a dime from me as long as the RNC was selling out the American people.

The caller said he got alot of calls like that and would pass it along. So how come the White House staff deny that republicans are upset.

Liars and Traitors

ScottyDog on June 1, 2007 at 1:45 PM

This is terrible. Terrible.

Just watch. While we are snarling at each other, Hillary will walk right back into the White House. Ugh.

Rightwingsparkle on May 31, 2007 at 6:04 PM

I don’t see anyone snarling at each other here…I see people snarling at the lying two-faced bureaucrats in DC trying to give our country away or destroy it. Seems fair enough to me. With respect, Rightwingsparkle, my lovely friend..this is what we NEED to be doing.

tickleddragon on June 1, 2007 at 4:36 PM

Har Har! This is a welcome development.

PRCalDude on June 1, 2007 at 4:48 PM

When they get serious about our boarders and show some fiscal responsibility I’ll donate again. Might send a little to Fred though.

conservativecaveman on June 1, 2007 at 5:28 PM

Unpopular decisions come at the end of the term.
Thus also follow wrong decisions.

Kini on June 1, 2007 at 8:44 PM

Unfortunately Bush’s Presidency will be defined by giving away the keys to the country with his ludicrous immigration policy rather than his Iraq policy. No wonder the money is drying up.

MaiDee on June 1, 2007 at 9:54 PM

Iowahawk has the RNC’s telemarketing script, “GIVE TILL IT HURTS.” Instant classic.

If respondent answers “Immigration,” go to 6a; if “taxes” or “spending,” go to 6b; if “bungled war on terror,” go to 6c.

6a. I understand that many in the Republican base are concerned with immigration. If you are concerned about border security, rest assured that the Adminstration’s new comprehensive immigration bill provides over $225,000 to construct nearly 1,500 feet of impenetrable fence along the New Mexico-Oklahoma state line. If you are a small business owner employing hard-working immigrants in jobs Americans won’t do, you may be concerned that the bill’s ‘path to citizenship’ provision means your employees also won’t do your jobs after becoming Americans. Don’t worry! The comprehensive immigration bill also provides $800,000 for gates on the Oklahoma fence to insure a constant supply of immigrants to do the jobs that Americans, and formerly hard-working Z-visa Americans, won’t do. And, by contributing today, we will send a framed certificate designating you as a non-racist!

Skip to 7.

6b. We at the RNCF hear your concern, and federal spending is all the more reason to put your support behind Republican candidates. I’m sure, for example, you have read the many recent shocking stories of run-away spending by the Democrats in Congress. These boondoggles have got to stop! With your help, we can return Washington to the fiscal discipline you enjoyed in the previous Congress, when GOP leaders kept tight control of the nation’s purse strings. And, by helping to elect local Republican candidates like _________, your district will be in line to land the new $800,000,000 Ronald Reagan Memorial Public Broadcasting Museum!

Skip to 7.

6c. All Americans are concerned about Iraq and the ongoing War on Terror, and whether we are making sufficent progress against the terrorist threat both here and abroad. Thankfully, President Bush and his administration have remained steadfast and resolute, compared to the cut-and-run Congress who would rather negotiate with evil-doers than face them head on. Even today, administration envoys are coordinating with Iraq peace partners like the Madhi Army and the government of Iran to develop a steadfast, resolute plan to identify and confront the terror threat. Domestically, the new Department of Homeland Security has instituted tough random anti-terrorism rules, to give you the peace of mind of knowing that no passengers on your flight – regardless of ethnic, religious, or citizenship status – are carrying more than 3 ounces of liquids or gels. Did I mention the Adminstration’s proposed New Mexico-Oklahoma fence?

Skip to 7.

7. Now that you know the facts, would you like to reconsider giving a donation?

If “yes,” return to 1a; if “no,” go to 8

8. Two words: Nancy Pelosi. You at least have to admit we’re somewhat better than Nancy Pelosi.

wordwarp on June 2, 2007 at 3:27 AM

sdd on June 1,

2007 at 8:50 AM
A Reagan would be great, at this point I would settle for someone with balls.

Wade on June 1, 2007 at 9:32 AM

I’ve been posting it for 6 months.

George Bush: America’s First Female President

Labamigo on June 3, 2007 at 1:03 AM

I’ve responded to every RNC solicitation by telling them ‘once you’ve ridded the party of the country club republicans and returned to the principles of Reaganism, you’ll see donations from me’.

As far as I’m concerned, W took my vote in 2004 and squandered it.

bloviator on June 3, 2007 at 1:15 PM

RNC donations off by 40%

doesn’t seem like enough to me

urbancenturion on June 3, 2007 at 2:46 PM

Off 40%? Mine are off 100%.

petefrt on June 3, 2007 at 9:04 PM

I’ve supported G. W. Bush since he took office and handled the downed US Surveillance plane incident with China. I have not always agreed with him, but 100% agreement is not possible.

However, his Shamesty initiative, led by what can only be described as self-righteous sycophants (Chertoff leading the pack with Linda Chavez nipping at his heels) has led me to drop any support.

Here is what G.W. is saying:

“Well, shucks, so many people have broken the law, that, well, shucks, let’s just ignore the law and reward the criminals! Suuuure, tax paying, law abiding citizens and LEGAL immigrants get screwed, but HEY!!, the Latino vote is more important than the rule of law.”

That is an insult to Latinos and all Americans.

Bush. Listen up. It is NOT ok for you, or anyone on your staff or in your government to label me a racist for obeying good laws.

How dare you. How dare you teach an American generation that crime pays.

Montana on June 4, 2007 at 11:36 AM