More heart-ache: St. Cindy quits the anti-war movement

posted at 3:26 pm on May 28, 2007 by Allahpundit

Yesterday she violated Rule One of nutroots politics as articulated by the Chairman himself: she undermined the Democratic Party.

Twenty-four abusive hours later, on a day dedicated to honor people like her son, Mother Sheehan’s decided it’s time to pitch one last attention-getting fit and then take her absolute moral authority ball and go home.

I was the darling of the so-called left as long as I limited my protests to George Bush and the Republican Party. Of course, I was slandered and libeled by the right as a “tool” of the Democratic Party. This label was to marginalize me and my message. How could a woman have an original thought, or be working outside of our “two-party” system?

However, when I started to hold the Democratic Party to the same standards that I held the Republican Party, support for my cause started to erode and the “left” started labeling me with the same slurs that the right used…

The most devastating conclusion that I reached this morning, however, was that Casey did indeed die for nothing…

I am going to take whatever I have left and go home. I am going to go home and be a mother to my surviving children and try to regain some of what I have lost. I will try to maintain and nurture some very positive relationships that I have found in the journey that I was forced into when Casey died and try to repair some of the ones that have fallen apart since I began this single-minded crusade to try and change a paradigm that is now, I am afraid, carved in immovable, unbendable and rigidly mendacious marble…

This is my resignation letter as the “face” of the American anti-war movement. This is not my “Checkers” moment, because I will never give up trying to help people in the world who are harmed by the empire of the good old US of A, but I am finished working in, or outside of this system. This system forcefully resists being helped and eats up the people who try to help it. I am getting out before it totally consumes me or anymore people that I love and the rest of my resources.

Good-bye America …you are not the country that I love and I finally realized no matter how much I sacrifice, I can’t make you be that country unless you want it.

She’s not thinking of Nixon’s “Checkers” speech, she’s thinking of the press conference he gave after losing the California gubernatorial race in 1962. Wrong to the bitter end.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

Yes, pocomoco, there are people who use the label “anti-war” who aren’t the least bit anti-war, but are money-grubbing attention whores using the label to foment anarchist sentiment.

Yes, csdeven, there are people who attach themselves to such leaders in the ignorant belief that the “anti-war” movement is honestly anti-war. Those people are sincere, but tools.

You’re both right.

Lost in all this is the naivete of so many people in this nation who really think that the rest of the world wants peace and quiet, and only America is aggressive. Those are the real morons.

Freelancer on May 29, 2007 at 3:49 PM

First Rosie departs and now Cindy. Who among the Left will pick up The Big Stupid Shovel and complete the Stupid Tunnel to China? Who? Even Charlie Sheen is losing his steam for the fight.

Tantor on May 29, 2007 at 5:19 PM

Cindy: Hello, I would like to speak to Hugo, uh, President Chavez.

Chavez: Cindy who?

right2bright on May 29, 2007 at 5:35 PM

She’s upset some of her friends on the left are now calling her an attention whore.

If she isn’t… how do we tell the difference?

freebird on May 29, 2007 at 6:46 PM

Cindy’s mistake was to try and make Casey’s death a crusade. She didn’t fail him, she made a laughingstock of herself. Casey is still an honorable man, he died in service to all of us, and no one, not even his loony mother, can take his honorable legacy of service from him.

E L Frederick (Sniper One) on May 28, 2007 at 7:25 PM

This is true. It is a shame she has put a permanent asterisk next to his name.

Wade on May 29, 2007 at 7:14 PM

I hear she’s selling her land near Bush’s Crawford ranch. Any word on whether she’s going to dig up her uterus and take it with her yet?

Just wondering.

NTWR on May 29, 2007 at 7:36 PM

Something I posted on another site which bears repeating IMHO:

How many other parents have lost sons or daughters in this war and haven’t made themselves a pathetic spectacle in their grief. Those are the families I respect. Condemning the nation your son gave his life for is not honorable, it is pissing on his sacrifice.

infidel4life on May 29, 2007 at 11:33 PM

Goodbye Cindy Sheehan! Though I never knew you at all I had to brace to hold myself – ‘o’re the toilet when you spoke.

Goodbye Cindy Sheehan! From a young man in the 32nd row who see’s you as something more than ridiculous, more than just our mother troll.

thedecider on May 30, 2007 at 12:47 AM

What happens when tools of useful idiotry get all used up with nowhere to go? They go on Kos and try to sanctify their victimhood to a group of people that made you a victim to begin with. Cindy, what’s it like to know and express failure? If the failure you are feeling now is wrenching at your heart and soul, just imagine what you were fighting for in trying to cause this great country and it’s fighting men and women to fail in protecting your ability to speak out against them.

You’ve been had and it took your over two years to finally see the truth and then what do you do? You fold and yet you have the nerve to proclaim that this isn’t the country you remember anymore? I’m glad you have stopped denigrating my country because now you can be moved aside while the real work by productive men and women gets done. So maybe now you can go back and grovel to your ex-husband to patch things up, but if he rejects you, I’m sure Hugo Chavez will take you back. Afterall, you seem to like being the whipping girl.

Repeat after me, Cindy. I AM NOT A VICTIM. Say it enough times and maybe you will see the error of your nonsense that you’ve abused he American public with since you’ve been on your one woman anti-war/anti-american rampage. Then come back and tell us your sorry when you’ve made this realization. I’ll accept your apology and that’s because I can have compassion for someone when they admit they have been wrong. I’m sure OBL or Zawahiri wouldn’t be as obliging.

Asmodeus on May 30, 2007 at 3:39 AM

Cindy, please, go home, be with your surviving children, who lost their brave and courageous brother too.

Cindy’s husband divorced her and her other children pretty much disavowed her over her actions surrounding this whole peace movement stuff. I believe she and her husband were on the outs to begin with and this just drove the final nail. I do feel for the rest of the family (they have truly suffered here and I hope they find comfort), but she pretty much abandoned them to go on her crusade. She became so obsessed with her own attention she didn’t even buy a gravestone for her son–that’s how much she cared. It had to be bought from donations.

She exploited her son’s death. She maintains he died for nothing and she is (or was) trying her damnedest to make sure that happens. See, if they can destroy the war effort then she seems to be a martyr in an almost Münchhausen type fashion. God forbid her son actually did die for something because then she comes across as an attention whore.

In both cases she has made the issue of her son’s death about her and not about her son or his sacrifice. She is not to be pitied. She is not not worthy of even contempt. She is an opportunist who used her son’s death like the Democrats used her. I don’t feel sorry for her. Just disgust.

Faith1 on May 30, 2007 at 8:18 AM

Nah-na-nah-nah; Nah-na-nah-nah; Hey, hey, hey, Good-bye! Good riddance, too. Your 15 minutes expired about 15 months ago.

I would say “Don’t let the door hit you where the good Lord split you.” That’s been used several times, though, and that bit of advice doesn’t convey a meaningful lesson. For that practical purpose, here goes: May the door win the race to swing hard upon your hind face!

I’m not gloating. I’m hoping against hope that my derision and that of others somehow makes her ask, “Why the bleep have I thrown away my soul like this?” She truly is a dangerously sick woman in the mental health sense, and I hope that she is finally starting to understand her situation. I hope she will see it fully and get the therapy she needs. There has to be hope for her, after all, as she did something right before this all started. She obviously did a good job bringing up Casey. She can’t bring him back, but maybe she can find her old self and bring it back.

flutejpl on May 30, 2007 at 9:39 AM

First, what happenned to all that weight she was supposed to lose on her fast for peace? Is she quitting the anti-war movement so she can chow down a cheeseburger without guilt?

Second, when I was over visiting at Walter Reed I heard that one of the wounded soldiers made his mother promise that she would never do a Cindy Sheehan on him.

Third, are the anti-war radicals really in danger of running out of attention whores? I think not.

Tantor on May 30, 2007 at 5:46 PM

I wonder where the money came from to support Cindy Sheehan’s moonbattery? Was this a George SoreA$$ thing again ?

Maxx on May 30, 2007 at 8:17 PM

Can someone please remove Cindy Sheehan’s photo from this thread?

Her vissage is more horrific, and sickening, than the south end of a north bound horse, or the aftermath of a nuclear disaster!

Ooohhh!

The humanity!

William

William2006 on May 31, 2007 at 3:07 AM

How did such a brave man, who gave his life for his country, be born from such an idiot.
Cindy, Al-Qaeda killed your son. Not The President.

antoniojvr on May 31, 2007 at 11:22 AM