Heart-ache: St. Cindy quits the Democratic Party over Iraq funding

posted at 11:32 am on May 27, 2007 by Allahpundit

Noel Sheppard thinks the media’s embargoed the story, but I’m more inclined to blame the holiday weekend and the fact that it was broken on a blog (even one as big as dKos). This is a golden opportunity for them to attack the Democrats from the left, which they’ll then use later as proof of how “fair” they are. “See? We criticize both parties … for not being socialist enough.”

On the other hand, Mother Sheehan’s absolute moral authority has been looking less absolute with each passing day, so maybe they’ve already decided to leave well enough alone already.

Exit question: This probably means she’s running, though, eh?

Comments

Happy Memorial Day to you Allah.

Jesus – I guess this is the end of the Democratic Party.
Too bad!!

OBX Pete on May 27, 2007 at 11:36 AM

Maybe she and rho can go on one of those falbulous hunger strikes.

bbz123 on May 27, 2007 at 11:36 AM

Wait does that mean no run for Congress ? I wanted to see her get less than 5% of the vote in a DEMOCRATIC primary.

But maybe I give democrats too much credit.

William Amos on May 27, 2007 at 11:36 AM

Just saw on ABC News Washington DC wants a new tourist slogan to attract more people to vist

I’d Suggest

“Come to Washington DC. The democrats have your money here.

William Amos on May 27, 2007 at 11:44 AM

Isn’t Mother Sheehan’s worldview the one that gave the Dems their mandate to take our country back from the terrorist Bu$hies?

There goes the White House in ’08. Hillary is gonna be pissed.

Pablo on May 27, 2007 at 12:08 PM

I hope she runs and takes the fringe left with her, and she can have the fringe anarcho-capitalist/Muslim
Student Association vote that was going to Ron Paul. Split ‘em Cindy.

Theworldisnotenough on May 27, 2007 at 12:15 PM

William Amos on May 27, 2007 at 11:44 AM

HAHA!!

Not fair though. Bush has wasted our money as well. No Child Left Behind and DHS mismanagement (sitting on a billion dollars for a fence he won’t build) stand out as an especially egregious examples.

Theworldisnotenough on May 27, 2007 at 12:17 PM

William Amos on May 27, 2007 at 11:44 AM

How about: “Washington D.C. – You’re already paying for it. Might as well see it.”

And as for the topic of this post – Run, Cindy, Run. Now that Rosie’s off “The View,” Allah needs you.

Slublog on May 27, 2007 at 12:22 PM

Oh well…

4shoes on May 27, 2007 at 12:22 PM

Quit. It’s what she does. On the way to “Quit”, it’s just pure sloppy effort. Pity the useful idiots, for it takes a village to raise them.

GPE on May 27, 2007 at 12:31 PM

Slublog, that’s what I used to say. Until I moved here.

Attila (Pillage Idiot) on May 27, 2007 at 12:44 PM

Did she quit the democrat party, or did the democrat party quit her?

I love that picture of her. Everytime I see it I chuckle.

SouthernGent on May 27, 2007 at 12:53 PM

From the Democratic Party to the Pity Party.

infidel4life on May 27, 2007 at 1:07 PM

Not fair though. Bush has wasted our money as well. No Child Left Behind and DHS mismanagement (sitting on a billion dollars for a fence he build) stand out as an especially egregious examples.

Do you know that the President doesn’t spend one penny of taxpayers money? Please equate yourself with the constitution.

Capitalist Infidel on May 27, 2007 at 1:33 PM

At least she stands for against something. More than one can say these days about most of our so-called leaders in D.C.

CPUSA is embracing her with open arms.

Entelechy on May 27, 2007 at 1:39 PM

Vote for Cindy!
Cuban cigars and Venezuelian oil for each vote.
Vote early, vote often like a good Democrat.

Hening on May 27, 2007 at 1:41 PM

If ya kan’t beat em, join em.

Kini on May 27, 2007 at 1:54 PM

Maybe we will get lucky and she will go live near Chavez.

katieanne on May 27, 2007 at 1:55 PM

I know it sounds harsh but I can’t even think of a more polite way to put it – that this woman is *still* whoring her dead son’s memory for a few minutes of infamy is one of the more pathetic things I’ve ever seen. I honestly can’t believe she’s still shrieking for headlines.

My prayers to her family. They don’t deserve her.

Professor Blather on May 27, 2007 at 5:00 PM

Exit question: This probably means she’s running, though, eh?

Yeah she’s running, from Nurse Ratched from “One Flew Over the Cuckoo’s Nest” and other psychiatrist!

abinitioadinfinitum on May 27, 2007 at 5:11 PM

Maybe I can get a little feedback on this but I’m thinking the Dems got “exactly” what they wanted from the funding bill. There were allot of smoke and mirrors about a timetable etc. but I haven’t been able to find just how much pork they were able to get the President to sign off on. There is a minimum wage increase of 2 bucks or so over the next 2 years stuck in there (Merry Christmas Mexico) and billions in other Democratic pork projects. Congressmen answer to the highest bidder and the majority control how money is doled out.

The far left might feel slighted right now but the first thing on this Congress’ agenda was pay back time to the wealthiest part of their constituencies and they have succeeded in doing just that.

The kicker is it looks like our Democratic controled Congress is going to pull this crap every few months or so. Let’s see how much pork they can cram into the next war funding bill.

Cindy might be more appreciative of her party if she ever has to go to work for Burger King.

repvoter on May 27, 2007 at 5:33 PM

Good news for the Democrats. Imagine all the soundbites that can’t be used in the ads next year.

Bradky on May 27, 2007 at 8:18 PM

I’m thinking this is straight out of the DNC play-book. We are getting close to election time and this gives the Democrats a convenient way to disown her. She’ll be back with her Dim friends after the election.

Maxx on May 27, 2007 at 9:11 PM

Gee, and it seems like only yesterday they were swooping and fawning all around her for those faux-pics at “Georges” ranch, and the White House escapades ad nauseum. Oh, well, rising star, falling star. You are a “Ho” Cindy. Their are mothers of fallen sons whose stomachs turn knowing the shame you have bought upon your son. You are anathema.

I sure hope the Dem Party can find a way along without you.

auspatriotman on May 28, 2007 at 12:39 AM

Maxx on May 27, 2007 at 9:11 PM

Yes, but I think they were hoping she jumped ship. They wouldn’t be silly enough to trust her with any kind of strategy.
My one caveat is that if Hillary is elected Cindy better move to Venezuela. Forgiveness is not a strong suit with HRC.

Bradky on May 28, 2007 at 12:48 AM

Well, I quit the GOP over Amnesty.

I guess that makes us even…

Tim Burton on May 28, 2007 at 12:49 AM

I watched the Capitol Memorial Day concert on PBS tonight.

They honored a group of Gold Star Mothers, in particular one who leaves letters to her dead son at his grave; one of which was read out loud by an actress.

I didn’t see St. Cindy there in the crowd.

But John Murtha was there and the camera did focus on him at least twice.

This was a celebration of our dead in this war and from past ones. Men and women who are beyond the political fights of today. While I have kept my disparagement of Sheehan and Murtha no secret, frequently commenting here my utter disdain, disgust, for the unpatriotism and outright treason of both of these two, today I hold my fire.

Today is their day as much as it is mine, because like it or not, as distasteful as it is to say with its lingering aftertaste, they are Americans too.

St. Cindy DID lose her son in the war. John Murtha DID fight in Vietnam. And unlike the supporters of John Edwards and the followers of moveon, I will not politicize this day.

But, on Tuesday…..