Gene Simmons rips Sean Penn, calls for bombing Iran, requests anal cavity search

posted at 2:58 pm on May 27, 2007 by Allahpundit

You go to war with the celebrity allies you have.

But it seems like these people are protesting the war, not protesting the troops.

I don’t see the difference. Aid and comfort to the enemy is when you do it through media and there are big headlines like “We’ve Lost the War” and things like that. What makes you think that any graduate of any madrassa in the Middle East doesn’t blow that up? In other words, make a big copy of it and show it to everybody.

So someone like Sean Penn for instance … you don’t support what he’s doing?

Oh, I think he’s the enemy of Western civilization…

Sean Penn and I are exactly alike, we just see danger in different degrees of distance. It’s a distance philosophy, and it goes something like this: If there’s a guy with a gun a mile away, I think it’s the same thing as if that gun is pointed right at my head. We don’t want to die by some madman’s hand. The difference is, I’m very proactive and want to take that guy out before he becomes a menace. In other words, I do think there’s a military option with Iran…

In terms of this Republican administration, some views about stem cell research, gay rights, separation of church and state, and on and on—I don’t agree with any of them. But you can worry about the trees and the environment and gas emissions later. Right now there’s a bigger problem, and it’s a guy who doesn’t care if you’re a Republican or a Democrat; he wants to blow himself up and take you out. That’s the problem. I think racially profiling anybody from the Middle East … the Swiss have been good this year, and as an Israeli, I want you to look at me first. I want you to search my anal cavity and look at my tax records.

Comments

Get out of my head, Gene Simmons!

Krydor on May 27, 2007 at 3:08 PM

Hmmmmm. I am going to start watching his show.

Beth rules!

Stormy70 on May 27, 2007 at 3:09 PM

Tongue-a-licious!

SouthernGent on May 27, 2007 at 3:11 PM

“You go to war with the celebrity allies you have.”

Classic!

BJ* on May 27, 2007 at 3:14 PM

Gene and Dennis Miller should start a comedy act duo.

infidel4life on May 27, 2007 at 3:28 PM

Who wouldn’t want to talk politics with Shannon Tweed every night.

lowandslow on May 27, 2007 at 3:38 PM

You know..it throws my world into turmoil when I have to think of people like Simmons and John Voight as “on my side”…but I’ll suck it up and accept it.

Thanks, Gene…You and Ted Nugent should team up!

tickleddragon on May 27, 2007 at 3:39 PM

I always was a fan of Penn’s acting. I can’t stand him now because he chooses to babble about Boosh. Whereas, I never liked Kiss musically. Not sure even politics can make me a fan of the Genester. He really did get crazy rich off crap. His contribution to the world is his own fame. Otherwise, he seems like an OK guy.

Buck Turgidson on May 27, 2007 at 4:13 PM

Gene Simmons is the ultimate capitalist. If there’s a market for it, he’ll sell it. Nuthin wrong with that.

Privatestock on May 27, 2007 at 4:33 PM

Gene certainly gave Sean a tongue-lashing….

Sorry, someone had to do it….

Dr. Gecko on May 27, 2007 at 4:44 PM

Gene’s show is very good. His children are awesome and you can tell that he really loves and cares for them–and vice versa. I guantee his daughter, Sophie is going to be a mega-star in the next decade.

Last week, Gene and Sophie toured Ft. Pendleton to thank the troops. Then they went to a V.A. Hospital. A week or so later they put on a show for the troops. Gene was visibly tearing up most of the episode–it was quite moving. If you haven’t caught the show on A&E, do so–you’ll enjoy it.

robblefarian on May 27, 2007 at 4:45 PM

Not to belabor the obvious – but man, conservatives may not have many celebrities … but the ones we do have are way, way, WAY cooler than the tools on the other side.

I’ll take Bruce Willis and Gene Simmons over a million Al Frankens and Rosie O’Donnells.

Fred!/Simmons in ’08?

Professor Blather on May 27, 2007 at 4:50 PM

Gene made a video for a wounded Israeli soldier who is a big KISS fan. Here is a link to it: http://www.yoyenta.com/?p=1342

Gene sounds like he is a supporter of the War on Terror. Not sure about Iraq.

Mooseman

Mooseman on May 27, 2007 at 4:52 PM

Anybody who hasn’t followed AP’s link, its definitely worth it to go read the whole interview. What AP posted is actually some of the tamer, less opiniated stuff. Believe it or not.

I’d post my favorite part … but I don’t have time to bleep out all the f-bombs. But its pretty priceless.

Professor Blather on May 27, 2007 at 4:55 PM

Attitude=A

411=C-

Some things should be kept private.

Speakup on May 27, 2007 at 5:13 PM

“Shout it out loud” Gene!

Black Adam on May 27, 2007 at 5:29 PM

You go to war with the celebrity allies you have.

PRICELESS, AP, PRICELESS!!!

Ropera on May 27, 2007 at 5:34 PM

Gene Simmons has the moral high ground…

Only in America.

Mojave Mark on May 27, 2007 at 6:20 PM

It was called the Kiss Army for a reason you know!

One of the best concerts I ever saw was Kiss in the late 70s. They were all spectacular that night. Ace Frehley’s and Peter Criss’ solos were just incredible….Gene was a complete madman…ah, those were the days…

TheBigOldDog on May 27, 2007 at 6:30 PM

TheBigOldDog on May 27, 2007 at 6:30 PM

Old Dog,
That was some good old days, you aren’t the only Old Dog Here.

abinitioadinfinitum on May 27, 2007 at 6:37 PM

Old Dog,
That was some good old days, you aren’t the only Old Dog Here.

abinitioadinfinitum on May 27, 2007 at 6:37 PM

Ditto. I considered the Kiss makeup a ripoff of Zal Cleminson from Alex Harvey’s band. Now they were cool.

Buck Turgidson on May 27, 2007 at 7:00 PM

“I,i,i,want to rock-n-roll all night, and party everyday!”
I grew up listening to his music and have a lot of respect for the guy in general. Him being an Israeli, I guarantee he knows persecution by a tyrant, if not personally, from his family.

BTW, I am scrolling through the channels today, and the only places I can’t find anti-American or blame America first stories is on the Discovery Channels. CBS/NBC/ABC are all out doing their little “this is news and don’t question our patriotism” reporting. CBS is especially sad. I can not ( do not want to) believe they are doing this on what should be a remembrance of sacrifice for freedom.
They have no consciousness.

lsutiger on May 27, 2007 at 7:52 PM

Gene Simmons + The View Alas no Rosie. Start at 7:30 if you wanna skip the family fluffy stuff and get to the political bit.

Gene Simmons on O’Reilly Again fluf then 3:10 the political.

- The Cat

MirCat on May 27, 2007 at 7:53 PM

You go to war with the celebrity allies you have.

Donald Rumsfeld on Gene Simmons: As we know, there are devils we know. We also know there are devils we don’t know. But there are also unknown unknowns, devils we didn’t know we didn’t know.

Kralizec on May 27, 2007 at 8:30 PM

I want you to search my anal cavity and look at my tax records.

A filing cabinet would work, too.

yo on May 27, 2007 at 8:53 PM

I want you to search my anal cavity and look at my tax records.

Glad I don’t work airport security. My luck I’d be the guy at the metal detector when Gene came through….
“Dude, no, I want you to search my anal cavity. Do it. Do it man or I’m talking to your manager!”

SuperManGreenLantern on May 27, 2007 at 9:15 PM

It is comforting to know that at least some celebrities have some common sense. Regardless of the art they peform, and if that art is to your taste, they at least have enough common sense not to buy into the Left’s appeasement of the Islamofacist.

omegaram on May 27, 2007 at 9:16 PM

“Shout it out loud” Gene!

Black Adam on May 27, 2007 at 5:29 PM

You stole my thunder Black Adam!

Somehow, I don’t think that “Let’s put the X in Sex” is the appropriate KISS lyric reference for this topic.

asc85 on May 27, 2007 at 9:33 PM

Except for that part about searching, he made a lot of sense. It’s almost startling to hear anyone who’s a celebrity speak up for the conservative side of politics.

4shoes on May 27, 2007 at 11:59 PM

If you haven’t seen it yet, I recommend Gene Simmons Family Jewels on A&E. It’s hilarious.

ScottMcC on May 28, 2007 at 12:11 AM

And I wish I had a bat for every one of those guys who jumps up and down behind a newscaster on the street doing a story about a fire. There’s some moron jumping up and down. There should be asshole police with bats. As soon as you start misbehaving, you should get the shit beaten out of you. Put me in charge. I’m telling you, I’d fix all that.

I think we should put him in charge of more than that!

4shoes on May 28, 2007 at 12:12 AM

A number of years ago when Gene “came out” I was super pleasantly surprize and gave him a bigh HooHa! Who knew a guy that good at being wierd was a John Wayne under all that Kiss stuff.

auspatriotman on May 28, 2007 at 12:13 AM

Alice Cooper’s a born again Christian and Gene Simmons understands the true danger of expansionistic Islamofascism.

Must be something in that make-up….

profitsbeard on May 28, 2007 at 1:23 AM

strutter! da na na, da na na, da na na naah…

jummy on May 28, 2007 at 1:25 AM

This is odd…. and refreshing… but still odd. Good for him though. He may be wrong on a lot, but at least he’s one of those few that recognizes secondary issues as secondary issues.

RightWinged on May 28, 2007 at 1:28 AM

“Right now there’s a bigger problem…”

Right on Gene.

Reminds me of a skit Glenn Beck did on the radio where there’s a suicide bomber somewhere in the crowd at the Earth Day rally. The bigger problem.

Tony737 on May 28, 2007 at 1:45 AM

sean penn is used to being in the penn..and used to body cavity searches..so obviously he is against any type of authority..and why do we let these types out again?

Highrise on May 28, 2007 at 3:21 AM

Nugent/Simmons 2008. What a ticket!!

Viper1 on May 28, 2007 at 8:40 AM

TheBigOldDog on May 27, 2007 at 6:30 PM

Helluva show, we screamed ourselves hoarse.

robblefarian on May 27, 2007 at 4:45 PM

That one was on again last night. Gene definitely gets it.

infidel4life on May 28, 2007 at 9:36 AM

I was never a Kiss fan, but this might change my mind!

Confederate on May 28, 2007 at 9:48 AM

His stance has a lot to do with the fact he is a Jew born in Israel. That influences his understanding of the stakes we face when copnfronting the jihadis. The video he made for the wounded Israeli soldier was a nice touch. If I recall, the soldier was from his hometown in Israel and was a Kiss fan. More importantly, he is right about the “aid and comfort” part. Being so vocal and exploiting their media value allows celebrities idiotarians like Penn to be effective spokepeople for our enemies.

The Opinionator on May 28, 2007 at 12:26 PM

The Opinionator on May 28, 2007 at 12:26 PM

Yep, then when we call these ingrate celebrities on their ignorant, un-informed, and irresponsible rhetoric by pointing out that what they espouse is divisive to our nation during a war, or that their words are being used by our enemies as propaganda against us and is therefore equivalent to them providing aid and comfort to our enemy they throw out the “free speech” card in an attempt to silence anyone that disagrees with what they say, which in of itself is laughable coming from liberal-loons that hold civil liberties so near and dear!

I get so sick of the liberal-loons using this tactic; it’s getting as old as the “race-card” and the “victim-card” they like to throw out any chance they get! I like most everyone believe in preserving our right to free speech, but with any “right” comes “responsibility” and if your speech provides aid and comfort to an enemy that has vowed to destroy your country and take away your freedoms then your speech is not only irresponsible it is treasonous. If these celebrities (Sean Penn et al) were espousing this same rhetoric on December 8th 1941 they’d all be locked up for treason and possibly facing a firing squad as we speak!

In addition, if you have a position in life (such as celebrity) that provides you with a platform that enables to you to reach millions of people then (IMHO) you have an even greater responsibility (especially during a war) to ensure you place your nation and the troops fighting for your freedom above your ego and personal agendas, if not then your words are garbage just like the person whose mouth the words came out of!

Also, the liberal-loons need to learn free speech is not exclusive to them, everyone has the right to free speech and are thereby free to reply to their views irregardless if they like what is said or not! In other words, if you espouse rhetoric based on fact less emotion and your own selfish political and/or ideological agenda then don’t cry foul when someone calls you on it, instead be prepared to backup what you say with more than double-speak or simply trying to silence other views by playing the “free speech” “victim” or “race card.”

As I said, with rights come responsibilities, but then again I won’t hold my breath waiting for the liberal-loons “entitlement” crowd to understand let alone embrace this concept! On last thing the liberal-loons are missing and Gene alluded to, our constitutional rights won’t be worth the paper they’re printed on if our enemy is successful in defeating us, they need to go back to school and read up on Maslow’s Hierarchy of Needs, the first two needs are both survival needs, first is physiological needs (food, water, etc.) then security/safety needs, in other words survival comes first because without fulfilling these first two needs all other needs are moot!

Liberty or Death on May 28, 2007 at 11:35 PM