Coming to UK theaters on 9/11/07: Loose Change

posted at 9:10 am on May 25, 2007 by Allahpundit

They aired it on television somewhere last year on 9/11 too (Australia, maybe?), just to rub a little extra salt in the wound.

First there was the Bush snuff film, then the Tony Blair war-crimes tribunal daydream, and now this. Follow the comments after you click to see how it’s being received. As Charles Johnson is wont to say, there’s a bad kind of crazy in the British air these days.

In the distributor’s defense, there’s clearly a market for it: a poll of British Muslims last year found that 45% believed 9/11 was a Zionist/American conspiracy. I hope some right-wing media outlet over there has the good sense to try to get demographic data about who’s buying tickets after it’s released. No doubt the results would be highly “nuanced.”

Semi-related: this has the vice of being grossly unfair but the virtue of being really funny, so I’m linking it.

Comments

That pic should come with a warning , I haven’t had breakfast yet fer crying out loud.

bbz123 on May 25, 2007 at 9:12 AM

Loose change? ummm I prefer they keep the change….

soulsirkus on May 25, 2007 at 9:19 AM

I’ve been in Europe for three straight weeks now. I’m leaving the UK tomorrow morning for the return flight home, and I can’t wait.

flipflop on May 25, 2007 at 9:22 AM

I’m just wondering how long it is until the families of the victims of 9/11 sue these little pricks for all they’re worth.

These frauds are doing all of this precisely because they knew they could make names for themselves and make a quick buck. All using cheap tricks to fool dumb viewers. Reprehensible.

Seixon on May 25, 2007 at 10:31 AM

Yes, I do believe they aired Loose Change “2″ (because facts need a sequel) on the History channel as part of their “9/11 remembrance” lineup or some crap.

‘Twas such a disappointing leap backwards for them, as I recall a time when an overwhelming number of ‘documentaries’ on that channel were, well, not exactly restricted by historical fact – but they’d been gradually improving up until then..

Reaps on May 25, 2007 at 10:59 AM

I think Rosie looks HOT in hair!

abinitioadinfinitum on May 25, 2007 at 11:03 AM

I know, I KNOW, I am one SICK puppy for even making a joke like that! he heh

abinitioadinfinitum on May 25, 2007 at 11:09 AM

Lotsa debunking links and vids at this Jawa Post.

Honor September 11, 2001. Fight Twooferism.

Good Lt on May 25, 2007 at 11:11 AM

Allah, you and Michelle are going to end up on Olbermann’s “Worst Person[s] in the World” for that one.

Rick on May 25, 2007 at 12:10 PM

Bush Derangement Syndrome with a British accent. Proof positive that the best of Britain died at the Somme 89 years ago.

Hilts on May 25, 2007 at 2:18 PM

Makes one wonder how many more bueses, trains and people need to be killed in the UK before reality really sinks in. But the libs of course need to be ousted. They need a Thatcher like the base here keeps wishing for a Reagan.

auspatriotman on May 25, 2007 at 2:30 PM

The comments are hilarious.

These are the people that Rotard O’Donnell listens to.

Martin on May 25, 2007 at 3:04 PM

You knew I’d stop by to say: “Toldja so” on the mainstreaming of Trutherism. This is only the beginning.

RightWinged on May 25, 2007 at 3:19 PM