ABC: Rosie won’t return to “The View”; Audio: Trump exults

posted at 3:29 pm on May 25, 2007 by Allahpundit

Hasselbeck 1, Truthers 0. Rosie hinted this was coming:

Is there any possibility you will be staying on with the view?

when painting
there is a point
u must step away from the canvas
as the work
is done
anymore would take away

The artist’s work is done, my friends. I fear we’ve cut our last “View” clip. Despair.

Update: Expect plenty of accusations from Trutherland that the government orchestrated this to prevent Rosie from giving the “Loose Change” zombies a platform.

Update: The last laugh — until she gets her chat show on HBO and starts tearing him a new one weekly, of course. The clip has been edited for brevity.

Update: “She’s a stone cold loser.”

Comments

This might spawn an truther spin-off movement: Bushco was behind the silencing of Big Ro because she was on the verge of giving the Truthers a national forum!

She was a bully and a coward to the end. And she never did clarify what she meant by her “650,000 Iraqis dead/who’s the terrorists comment.”

Mallard T. Drake on May 25, 2007 at 6:14 PM

NOW what are we gonna talk about? Sigh…

Mojave Mark on May 25, 2007 at 6:18 PM

Now that Rosie has a little extra time on her hands, I look for a spike in the sales of Sam Adams beer and Dunkin Donuts. That’s your Free Stock Tip of the Day.

Just sayin’.

FishFearMe on May 25, 2007 at 6:27 PM

Good freaking riddance. Put that ugly old cow out to pasture on the interstate.

infidel4life on May 25, 2007 at 6:47 PM

She retreats in the face of any resistance. Surely she’s a democrat.

SouthernGent on May 25, 2007 at 6:52 PM

wordwarp on May 25, 2007 at 5:55 PM

Yikes!

Trump is not QUITE as big a loser as ro, but for him to call Elizabeth dim-witted just because she believes we are actually fighting for a cause, that’s just not nice.

Granted, Elizabeth isn’t the strongest right-leaning personality on TV. Do ya think Bawbwa would hire an Ann Coulter, Laura Ingraham, MKH or Michelle to sit in on The Spew? That would force the moonbats at the table to actually deal with facts, something that ro FINALLY had to do with Elizabeth. No, the show was never about actually having strong political opinions, it was always about entertainment, about ladies sitting around gossiping. No other way to explain Joy Behar (or Star Jones for that matter).

Freelancer on May 25, 2007 at 7:00 PM

“11 year old bags half ton wild boar”
aaaaaaand Rosie’s gone?
Coincidence, hmmmmm.

G-man on May 25, 2007 at 7:02 PM

You can still post clips of the view. I mean one can never have enough Hasselbeck. Besides there is still whoever replaces Ro to fight with Liz; of course Joyless is still there as well.

– The Cat

P.S. How else thinks that Wawa told her “Maybe it would be a good idea to take your remaining days as a vacation.”

MirCat on May 25, 2007 at 7:04 PM

I fear we’ve cut our last “View” clip.

I wouldn’t worry. In just a few months she’ll be hosting a Bill Maher-type special on ABC daytime (before she gets her own show), and here’s the show teaser:

“Rosie’s guests today on rosie’s world View are Dylan Avery, producer of the Loose Change exposé; Dr. Gilbert Burnham, author of the Lancet article revealing 660,000 Iraqi dead; Debra Sweet of World Can’t Wait! – Drive Out the Bush Regime! and Representative Dennis Kucinich, who is shepherding the Bush-Cheney impeachment resolutions toward Judiciary Committee hearings…”

eeyore on May 25, 2007 at 7:13 PM

Ol’ Ro certainly knows how to play the martyr well.

eforhan on May 25, 2007 at 7:39 PM

That Rosie Sheik Muhammad photoshop is awesome.

Totally awesome…

benrand on May 25, 2007 at 7:52 PM

THANK GOD!!!

NEMETI IN SYRACUSE on May 25, 2007 at 8:07 PM

Looks like she can devote more time to writing crappy text-message poetry.

She’ll be back in one form or other.

WisCon on May 25, 2007 at 8:08 PM

Even a fart will eventually dissipate.

Wade on May 25, 2007 at 8:22 PM

I wasn’t going to comment on this. But upon reflection, catharthis reduces anger and stress and is a healthy activity.

I am glad that Rosie is off The View. Yes, we all laughed at her bullying ways, her fat, STUPID mouth. Her lack of education and her political imbicility, her “truther” ways.

In the process, we’ve demonized her as well. But that’s okay BECAUSE SHE REALLY IS A DEMON. Willfully dispensing what are lies have been long disproved (which is what “truthers” are doing) dovetails with what our Judeo-Christian precedents describes as what the devil (i.e, Satan, the source of evil) does. Satan’s nickname is “The Father of Lies,” after all.

We can have differences of opinion on things political. We can find room in our hearts to listen and respect those who disagree with us, even if we disagree.

But Rosie and people like her (the far, Bush-hating left) abused the “privilege” with their behavior. Long ago, she crossed the line, this high-school educated, college dropout fool, with her behavior.

It started, for me, with her vicious attack on gun owners, specifically her ambush of Tom Selleck (actor and NRA director) on her TV show and her demand that gun owners are criminals who belong in jail. It was her POLITICS not her sexual orientation that made her anathema to me. This is still the case.

After she lost her show, lost her Kmart spokesperson gig (thanks, in part, to a spontaneous gun-owner boycott of Kmart, which I am proud to admit I supported), she disappeared until her job on The View.

Once again, Rosie made herself lightening rod. SHE did it. Not us. It was HER actions, her words, her behavior, that has drawn the lightning.

Rosie, specifically, made herself a target by being “in-your-face” obnoxious in her expressed hatred of President Bush, the war in Iraq, and her hatred of the troops (yes, calling our military “terrorists” *IS* expressing hatred of our military). So the abuse she faced here and elsewhere is an artifact of her own behavior. Or, to use a biblical concept: She sowed the wind, and now she reaped the whirlwind.

I have no sympathy for her.

I have nothing but ultimate disgust with her. I despise her.

I think that she is evil, that she espouses an evil message, and that she is in league with those would kill us (our Islamofascist enemy) and that she is too stupid to understand any of this. She is trash.

Yes. I hate this woman. I feel no Christian charity towards her, nor do I have a feeling of forgiveness for her. I hate that this stupid, evil, moron was given a NATIONAL forum to spread her diseased thoughts. I hate ABC/Disney for doing so, just as I’d hate them for giving the American Nazi Party or the Aryan Brotherhood a podium.

And I hate those like her who are working to secure an Al Qaeda victory in Iraq, Afghanistan, and in America.

Strong words, I know. But….My country is at war. My son has (and no doubt will be again) been on the front lines of that war. That is what I care about.

9 decades ago, one of America’s premier “liberals” on the US Supreme Court answered the “dissent is patriotic” nonsense lie when he wrote these words:

When a nation is at war many thing which might be said in time of peace are such a hindrance to its efforts that their utterance will not be endured so long as men fight and no court could regard them as protected by any Constitutional right. [Justice Oliver Wendell Holmes, Schenk v. US, 249 US 47, 52 (1919)]

And if you liberals posting here don’t like it, you can stick it where the sun doesn’t shine.

georgej on May 25, 2007 at 8:42 PM

Hahahahahaha, I think I’m going to miss these trite and pithy Trump “observations” the most. Oh man, this last one is great. I can’t stop laughing and I don’t know why, since I knew he was going to say all that crap anyway before I hit play, hahahahahaha!

Roark on May 25, 2007 at 8:43 PM

Right now Elizabeth, having won a straight-up gunfight she didn’t ask for in the first place, is somewhere checking her smile in the mirror, trying to get the right expression so on the next View she can wish Rosie well and look like she’s won with grace.

It’s a good thing she has a long weekend. She’s going to need it to tone down the Jack Nicholson special she’s got to be wearing after completely perforating “The Queen of Nice”.

Let’s face it folks…If you were the one to cut the legs out from under Ro-ro-ro-your-barge, you’d be grinning too.

52Ranger on May 25, 2007 at 8:49 PM

ah hem not that great but funny

William Amos on May 25, 2007 at 8:53 PM

Dammit

Link

William Amos on May 25, 2007 at 8:53 PM

She did not quit. She redeployed. Get it straight. ;)

Graybark on May 25, 2007 at 3:53 PM

You can’t say straight when referring to Rosie, it’s homophobic.

E L Frederick (Sniper One) on May 25, 2007 at 9:31 PM

One difficult moment from Elizabeth and she folds like a tent! Truth is such a devastating force to the left! I laugh intensely…

sMack on May 25, 2007 at 9:46 PM

i thought only
young girls wrote
in sans punctuation
lowercase goodness
to make them appear
deeper than they are

chubby liberal women
must do it too

Kevin M on May 25, 2007 at 5:05 PM

Actually, kind of a mix of e.e.cummings and Rod McKuen.

Connie on May 25, 2007 at 9:59 PM

Someone has a sense of humor

Clinton says she’s not blowing off Iowa

William Amos on May 25, 2007 at 10:11 PM

Gatewaypundit photoshops Rosie

naliaka on May 25, 2007 at 10:15 PM

So Rosie’s taking her bull and going home.

Happy grazing.

fogw on May 25, 2007 at 10:17 PM

Sorry, am waaaay behind the postings – sorry wordwarp!

naliaka on May 25, 2007 at 10:17 PM

How will the audience go hog wild from now on?

profitsbeard on May 25, 2007 at 10:32 PM

naliaka-

LOL!

The gatewaypundit photo took off too much of Rosie’s facial stubble.

But now she’s free to find truffles.

profitsbeard on May 25, 2007 at 10:35 PM

Trump had it right when he said “A great service was done by getting her off the airwaves, she is a disaster” (O’Donnell).

When the O’Donnell Troll gets it’s new program it would be a good thing to get a list of the sponsors with the inevitable Hot Air coverage it will get.

omegaram on May 25, 2007 at 10:42 PM

I think a great place for Rosie’s new show would be on alJazeera. I’m sure her heroes would love to watch her spew her vile anti-American lesbian views from her studio in, oh say, North Waziristan….

auzerais on May 25, 2007 at 11:29 PM

Glad she is gone…don’t let the door hit you where the good Lord that you spit on..split ya, rosie.

Please get mental help…the way you treat people is beyond human. You blurt out a bunch of crap then expect bawbawa and elisabeth to carry your own water…..doing it by guilting them and shaming them. That is mental…

Highrise on May 25, 2007 at 11:51 PM

sMack on May 25, 2007 at 9:46 PM

Yeah funny…Elisabeth kicked her ass and rosie runs like a little school girl and doesn’t come back. I see that ABC isn’t forcing rosie to stay till the end of her contract..so I HIGHLY doubt ABC was the one that wanted her to sign a 3 year one to begin with. They all were trying to save face.

Highrise on May 25, 2007 at 11:53 PM

There isnt’ a doubt in my mind RO bailed because of the debate she agreed to with Elisabeth re 9/11/. She is a coward , she knew she was going to have her a$$ handed to her and instead of being honest about it she feigns hurt. The most hypocritacal part is that so many times in the last 8 months she put down, insulted , condescended to and belittled Elisabeth, but when EH fought back the big bully ran. Good riddance I say!

I think EH showed a lot of class. No matter how many nasty things liberal pundits and morons(Trump) say about her…we all know she rocked and did her best againt a debased, loony, unhinged, and out of control co-host.

Rosie has nothing to be proud of…what a pathetic person and now I shall go and pray for her so I can stop disliking her so much…please pray for my success…I sincerely mean that…

CCRWM on May 26, 2007 at 12:00 AM

I seldom read Rosie posts because I have never seen The View and therefore am scarcely qualified to comment. However, upon reading this thread, I would like to nominate it for placement in The Top Ten Threads Evah.

RushBaby on May 26, 2007 at 12:14 AM

Okay …the power of prayer…I went to Rosie’s site and saw her Amy Winehouse video clip…and I say this with sincerity…I can no longer dislike her because I can now see that she is mentally unstable and/or depressed…poor thing.

CCRWM on May 26, 2007 at 12:21 AM

Seriously, why does anybody watch crap like “The View?” There’s gotta be something better on, like a test pattern, or static…

Doghouse on May 26, 2007 at 1:58 AM

O’Reilly reairing is on now and Trump was on the phone there as well. I heard in one of the two recordings, linked to here, that he mentioned that he regrets that Rosie actually attended his wedding. He also mentioned this on O’Reilly. On O’Reilly he said: “She came to my wedding. Had LOTS of cake.” Hilarious. Trump is a clown too, but I can’t get enough of him calling Rosie an animal, etc.

RightWinged on May 26, 2007 at 4:10 AM

And to think, Elisabeth had the gall to call her a coward.

Come now, Allah. There’ll always be Behar looniness to highlight.

Blacklake on May 25, 2007 at 3:31 PM

Yeah, but now that the most high (wow, there’s a double entendre there, isn’t there?) Loon has left the show, people will go back to not watching, and no one will know, or care.

Wolfman on May 26, 2007 at 5:14 AM

There was a second poster defacer hidden in the grassy knoll.

saint kansas on May 26, 2007 at 6:07 AM

Actually, kind of a mix of e.e.cummings and Rod McKuen.

Connie on May 25, 2007 at 9:59 PM

I think it’s more like a mix of e.e.cummings and Zippy the Pinhead.

SailorDave on May 26, 2007 at 7:00 AM

Plug her blow hole and start stripping blubber.

Hening on May 26, 2007 at 7:04 AM

Gutless is right. She finally had someone stand up to her bullying, and she runs off crying and refuses to come back outside and play. How childish

Similar to Scott Farkus after Ralphie pummeled him in “A Christmas Story.”

Fragile… it must be Italian!

freebird on May 26, 2007 at 8:11 AM

I’m not a big fan of Trump’s…but one of the funniest things I heard him speak about was how O’Lardarse came to his wedding to his dismay and ate a load of cake. Now…THAT was funny. (just getting that visual)

lynnv on May 26, 2007 at 8:29 AM

Right now, Unstable Mabel is having an extra extra large plate of French cries.

ZK on May 26, 2007 at 8:56 AM

Rosie will obviously spend her weekend eating jelly beans covered in the left over gelatine from a spam can.

csdeven on May 26, 2007 at 9:33 AM

I’m sure Rosie has a staff of dedicated leftists working feverishly to turn her into a victim … a victim of that mean “vast rightwing conspiracy”. Her whole tenure on The View consisted of her spewing her twisted rhetoric while shouting down anyone who opposed her. The one time someone finally stood up to her exposed her blatant hypocrisy and cowardice for everyone to see. She couldn’t go back to The View … Elizabeth now had her number and Roise knew she was done.

darwin on May 26, 2007 at 10:37 AM

Didja ever catch the first episodes of Rosie on the View? The only one I saw was a stand up thing (can’t remember what they where showing off). I do remember Rosie couldn’t keep here hands off Elizabeth. Touching Elizabeth’s shoulder and arm over and over again. Elizabeth was ignoring it, but it was pretty creepy to watch, and haven’t watch an episode since.

Lawrence on May 24, 2007 at 2:24 PM

Would be a great U-Tube. Is Rosie feeling rejected by Elizabeth and just decided to leave?

Wade on May 26, 2007 at 10:43 AM

Exactly, Freebird. I was thinking of that movie, too.

StephC on May 26, 2007 at 11:05 AM

ABC us reoporting that Whoopie is on the top of the list to replace Rosie.

William Amos on May 26, 2007 at 12:50 PM

ABC us reoporting that Whoopie is on the top of the list to replace Rosie.

I thought the seat was reserved for a fat, obnoxious chick. Is 1/2 really enough?

lorien1973 on May 26, 2007 at 1:11 PM

Report is that Gayle King is the #2 pick.

I guess this make this seat on the veiw the Minority seat

William Amos on May 26, 2007 at 1:29 PM

Just like when Dennis Miller was booted from HBO and replaced with Bill Maher, Rosie will get another show to promote her crap.

Watch for either Showtime or HBO to give her a gig.

ScottyDog on May 26, 2007 at 7:40 PM

Don’t mince words, Donald, tell us how you really feel!

William

William2006 on May 27, 2007 at 2:36 AM

sMack on May 25, 2007 at 9:46 PM

Seems that way. It makes me wish EH was a bit more aggressive ALOT sooner when it came to confronting RO.
That way we wouldn’t have had to listen to RO as much. Seriously, it’s painful sometimes.

Yakko77 on May 27, 2007 at 12:35 PM

I hope she is done for. Every single thing she takes on she lasts for half a year then spends 2 to 3 months erupting in news.

anyone who takes her is stupid….seeing this trend…it’s umm..obvious she’s more than just a dolt..let’s call her a HAS BEEN plz

Highrise on May 28, 2007 at 3:16 AM

Rosie has a video on her blog from Saturday with one of her two yes people beside her. Rosie is chugging a beer and saying not to worry cuz she has a driver. Actually, I was worried because it seems she has been drinking a lot lately at home and she has a lot of kids there, but if that kind of image doesn’t bother her, what the hey. She is also laying to rest the “we’re still friends” line between her and Elisabeth. Elisabeth seems to be the only one who thinks they are still friends. Then she goes into the innocent civilian crap again and talks about Lindie (sp?) England and reads her fan mail, but flushes the rest. What a gal.

Glynn on May 28, 2007 at 2:14 PM

Rosie is just a confused and bitter person with a HUGE inferiority complex. She compensates for this complex via abusive aggression.

I feel sorry for her…she is a lonely and bitter soul.

serenevalley on May 28, 2007 at 10:24 PM