Video: “Stop the Clash of Civilizations”

posted at 8:23 pm on May 24, 2007 by Allahpundit

You know, the same clash of civilizations we righty bloggers are always agitating for by, say, giving a platform to people like Zuhdi Jasser.

Three different people sent me the link to this today and I couldn’t figure out why, given that it was posted at YouTube in early March. It’s perfectly typical “progressive” fare, suggesting an equivalence between beauty pageants and burqas and the attack on the World Trade Center and U.S. bombing of Baathist installations at the start of the Iraq war. There are plaintive scenes of an Arab father holding his son’s hand with no mention of Palestinian child jihadis or Farfur mouse, an out-of-context Bush soundbite meant to imply that he thinks Islam and the west are at war despite his many statements to the contrary, and an impressive graphic about 65% of Egyptians wanting democracy without any hint about which groups might comprise that 65%.

And of course with it ends with a call for that panacea of all Middle Eastern ills, renewed peace talks between Israel and Palestine. Like I say, a perfectly typical leftist/Islamist whitewash.

So why is everyone suddenly interested in it? Patrick Ishmael finally provides the answer: because the bien pensants at YouTube made it one of their front-page featured videos today. Naturally. Follow the link to see who’s responsible for this turd.

Comments

Heh.

I just emailed this to you as well. And, yeah. I was going to say because it was on the front page at YouTube.

I thought the juxtaposition of images of the towers falling on 9/11 with images from Fox of bombings in Iraq were particularly ridiculous.

Anyway…

nailinmyeye on May 24, 2007 at 8:33 PM

You dont understand the strategy. The only way to stop the Jihadist short of war is to surrender.

And the left happily wants to obliged.

William Amos on May 24, 2007 at 8:35 PM

I will ad I challenge any anti war protestor to go to the Middle east to protest Islamic extremism. I will then believe the are truely anti war.

Its easy to stand up to the US and be anti war. Its another thing to stand up to the enemy.

William Amos on May 24, 2007 at 8:37 PM

They are closing in on 7,000 comments at YouTube over this bit of silliness. Exit question(since Allah didn’t have one)What’s the moral equivalent in the West of this?
(INSANELY STRONG CONTENT WARNING)

billy on May 24, 2007 at 8:41 PM

Hey “progressives” Hamas ain’t listening…

Theworldisnotenough on May 24, 2007 at 8:44 PM

I was really hoping (Allahpundit willing) that we would get John Edwards latest “Surge” idea to defeat terrorism through increasing foreign aid and establishing anti proverty and a hugh international effort to “educate every child in the world”

Maybe he can do it with his own money ?

William Amos on May 24, 2007 at 8:48 PM

The world has gone insane.

Patriot33 on May 24, 2007 at 8:52 PM

So the Madrid bombings were stopped by text messaging?

boru on May 24, 2007 at 8:54 PM

Oh dear

aengus on May 24, 2007 at 9:01 PM

That was nice, all warm and fuzzy, lots of hand holding, mothers crying daddy holding baby, but, you forgot the part about killing everyone who doesn’t worship your God.

Answer to your exit question: uh,..yeah, we are that different.

Alden Pyle on May 24, 2007 at 9:08 PM

Yes, we are very different. That Muslim father is probably is taking his son to suicide bomber Mickey lessons. The soccer players could be the team that used to get tortured in Iraq if they lost a game. I love the part how Islam is seeing change from the wee people. Egypt has changed from a center of Christian thought and wisdom to a Third World nation getting hand outs from us every year while they host the folks that want to kill us.

Spain chickened out and so did Americans that voted in the Dems. All large victories for Islam.

Hening on May 24, 2007 at 9:14 PM

This is like a high school drivers education class.

Percentages. If 75% of the world wants peace, then watch out for the other guy who wants war at any cost. Pay attention while driving and watch out for the other car bomber. Look both ways before crossing the intersection, cause their just might be a IED planted near by.

They also took a sound bite from AlGore on the played on our fears gag.

Don’t be a statistic, watch out for the other terrorist.

We, in the west, don’t dress up out children with explosives either.
So, I’d say, there are a few differences.

Kini on May 24, 2007 at 9:26 PM

This commercial for surrender takes the same attitude toward me that I took toward my dearly departed canine when it was time to put him down.

“It’s OK Stan, we’re just going for a ride to the vet, buddy.”

Buck Turgidson on May 24, 2007 at 9:26 PM

yeah! those arabs don’t love their children!
Eh i guess its frustrating because by casting middle-easterners as morally inferior and magnifying the cultural differences rather then the similarities you’re only playing into the jihadi’s hands. They want a clash of civilizations and a culture war. Reaching out to the arab people and attempting to increase understanding combats that.

crr6 on May 24, 2007 at 9:43 PM

I like how for “medieval” they show dudes riding camels. Kind of a
pejorative term isn’t it, just because they havent gotten around to paving
the deserts?

Alex K on May 24, 2007 at 9:52 PM

I just like how the random unreferenced % statistics kept dwindling downwards the closer they got to Palestine..

The statement regarding the Spanish bombing/subsequent elections seemed completely contradictory too, but *shrugs* I guess that doesn’t matter to them.

Reaps on May 24, 2007 at 9:55 PM

Your description of the video was concise yet thorough Allah, very nice indeed. These types of leftist campaigns would remain totally unknown to all except there intended targets, if not for sites like HotAir. I think this is an important post. It shows how much time money and effort is put into misleading American opinion and especially how America’s youth are targeted. This is hardcore propaganda in a very pure form.

Maxx on May 24, 2007 at 10:12 PM

I have to admit Im enjoying my search on Kos and DU tonight. They are rancidly angry at the Democratic leadership.

Its delightful

William Amos on May 24, 2007 at 10:43 PM

Here’s some more leftwing propaganda targeting the kiddies, but this one is kind of fun. Cows With Guns.

Maxx on May 24, 2007 at 11:22 PM

In answer to the question, “Are we so different”…yes…yes we are…

This is the worst piece of moral relativist trash I’ve ever seen. How can you compare a repressed woman in a Burka to a beauty queen and keep a streight face?

Verbal Abuse on May 25, 2007 at 12:05 AM

It’s a not a Clash Between Civilizations, but a War between Civilization and Theocratic Tyranny.

Unless you prefer to reduce the radical differences between The Bill of Rights versus Sharia Law to the point of self-defeating meaninglessness.

Standard operating procedure of those who wish the West dead.

profitsbeard on May 25, 2007 at 12:11 AM

In answer to the question, “Are we so different”…yes…yes we are…

then why are we trying to create a democracy there? If they’re such savages…

crr6 on May 25, 2007 at 12:37 AM

I rated it a * and flagged it as inappropriate!

Suggest others strongly consider a similar action!

Oxybeles on May 25, 2007 at 2:17 PM

I missed this earlier.

They want my public opinion…”Nuke it from orbit, it is the only way to make sure.”

Tim Burton on July 6, 2007 at 1:22 AM