Heart-ache: Cheney hookin’ up with Israel to bomb Iran, claims … lefty blogger

posted at 7:31 pm on May 24, 2007 by Allahpundit

Thanks to Sullivan, this is only the second-craziest conspiracy theory to grace this site in the past two days. I’m almost afraid to go see if it’s migrated to the Daily Dish yet. If it hasn’t, rest assured that it will along with the requisite caveat that Sully has no choice but to take this stuff seriously since Cheney went and made a liar of his lyrical war boosterism circa 2003.

Cool fact about Dick Cheney, per this febrile lefty fantasy: Israel doesn’t pull Dick Cheney’s strings, Dick Cheney pulls Israel’s.

Multiple sources have reported that a senior aide on Vice President Cheney’s national security team has been meeting with policy hands of the American Enterprise Institute, one other think tank, and more than one national security consulting house and explicitly stating that Vice President Cheney does not support President Bush’s tack towards Condoleezza Rice’s diplomatic efforts and fears that the President is taking diplomacy with Iran too seriously.

This White House official has stated to several Washington insiders that Cheney is planning to deploy an “end run strategy” around the President if he and his team lose the policy argument.

The thinking on Cheney’s team is to collude with Israel, nudging Israel at some key moment in the ongoing standoff between Iran’s nuclear activities and international frustration over this to mount a small-scale conventional strike against Natanz using cruise missiles (i.e., not ballistic missiles).

This strategy would sidestep controversies over bomber aircraft and overflight rights over other Middle East nations and could be expected to trigger a sufficient Iranian counter-strike against US forces in the Gulf — which just became significantly larger — as to compel Bush to forgo the diplomatic track that the administration realists are advocating and engage in another war.

Somewhere in Provincetown, a man reads those words and nods, slowly, knowingly, and sadly. So very sadly.

Go read Ace’s take for a dose of the Lightning and a very kosher taste of the Thunder. Exit question: Now that we know, those of us who voted for Darth Vader or the Hobgoblin feel pretty foolish, don’t we?

Comments

“Cheney is planning to deploy an “end run strategy” around the President”

Never watch 24 and smoke dope at the same time.

But, I did see a recruiting station go up for the Dick Cheney Air Force in the local strip mall and wondered what all that was about.

crosspatch on May 24, 2007 at 7:40 PM

Joooos rule! Literally!

SouthernGent on May 24, 2007 at 7:41 PM

Wow. Fruitcake in May. Tasty.

Freelancer on May 24, 2007 at 7:42 PM

Just another Zionist conspiracy theory. *Yawn*

LakeRuins on May 24, 2007 at 7:46 PM

The question is not if Iran will be attacked before they complete their nuclear program but who will do it and how much destruction they will rain down on them.

The United States is not the nation of our forefathers because of the influence of the Left. Power encompases not only force but the willingness to use it. Because of the influence of the Left the United States does not have the will to use force to an extent that is required to neutralize Iran, our sworn enemy.

It makes perfect sense to completly arm Israel with everything they need to destroy Iran to whatever degree is necessary to eliminate their nuclear capability. It is my hope that when Israel does attack Iran they completly destroy this sworn enemy: Their military, infrastructure, economic assets, ports, navy, nuclear facilities, energy production, communications, industrial production, power grid, and transportation facilities.

In short I hope that Israel, when it attacks in response to credible Iranian nuclear threat, puts Iran into the stoneage. If we are really lucky Israel will keep them there – indefinitely.

omegaram on May 24, 2007 at 7:53 PM

Damnit I’m part of the Jewish conspiracy, WHY AREN’T I RECEIVING THESE EMAILS???!!!!!

Defector01 on May 24, 2007 at 7:58 PM

Maybe they will get Osama in Iran. He tried to escape to anothe country once before when he was threatened

CNN ran a story that

Osama was offered asylum by Saddam Hussien

William Amos on May 24, 2007 at 8:05 PM

I’d like to be Dick Cheney- to feel, if just for a moment, all powerful and invincible.

Scotsman on May 24, 2007 at 8:09 PM

If Cheney was a movie villian I’d definitely root for him for being so badass, but since it’s real life I’m not really sure how I feel about him.

JaHerer22 on May 24, 2007 at 8:14 PM

End runs are a Democratic strategy. Usually performed with a cigar.

If we take out Iran, it will come from The President and hopefully before he leaves office. It’s go time.

Hening on May 24, 2007 at 9:19 PM

Sweet exit question. Sweet. I think you just made my day.

nailinmyeye on May 24, 2007 at 9:26 PM

Yes, very sad indeed. I voted for VD (Vader, Darth).
Somewhere on Cheney there must be a 666 BM.

dingoatemebaby on May 24, 2007 at 9:38 PM

They’re all out to get me…. I need more tinfoil!!!!

I’ve just upped my stock in Reynolds Wrap.

Isn’t funny how successful people are disparaged.

Kini on May 24, 2007 at 10:12 PM

I will never understand how the most incompetent administration in history managed to orcestrate all these secret plans!

I think Dick Cheney looks like Count Dooku. Cheney must secretly have a droid army stashed somewhere.

Resolute on May 24, 2007 at 10:40 PM

JaHerer22 on May 24, 2007 at 8:14 PM

Ladies and gentlemen, the understatement of this new century, at least within the realm of HA.

Entelechy on May 24, 2007 at 10:42 PM

Wow… on the one in a million chance this is true, Dick Cheney is my hero ! If the president has gone all wobbly and the boys down in congress don’t want to get their hands dirty, then thank goodness we still have Dick to get the job done !

Maxx on May 24, 2007 at 10:57 PM

And how would this be a bad thing if true?

Buck Turgidson on May 25, 2007 at 12:01 AM

“I think Cheney is trying to get George to quit so he can take ov…I’m sorry, that was the last episode of “That’s My Bush!”

Doug on May 25, 2007 at 12:54 AM

Shouldn’t the Cheney image have a faint photoshopped Star if David-shaped scar on his forehead?

I know for a fact that the labels in all of his suits read: Zionist Masters, LLC. 70% Halli – 30% Burton.

profitsbeard on May 25, 2007 at 1:26 AM

Yes, and Bush was going to bomb Iran in the spring. Yadda yadda.

Seixon on May 25, 2007 at 7:36 AM