Video: “Road to Surrender” commemorative plates

posted at 9:25 pm on May 18, 2007 by Allahpundit

Here’s a sneak peek at Sunday’s “1/2 Hour News Hour.” First they had Limbaugh and Coulter, then Laura Ingraham, now Prager; it looks like cameos by conservative media icons are going to be a weekly thing. Smart money for next Sunday says it’s Hannity.

Exit question: Didn’t the road to surrender really begin with the decision to disband the Iraqi army?

Comments

It’d be a great show – if it weren’t for that damn canned laughter and applause.

amerpundit on May 18, 2007 at 9:33 PM

I would buy those plates, but those faces would make anyone lose their lunch, so displaying them anywhere near food would be out of the question.

I think that picture of Rosie curdled my milk.

MoxArgon on May 18, 2007 at 9:33 PM

The road to surrender is paved with bricks named Kennedy, Pelsoi, Reid, Durban, Murtha, Hagel, Sheehan, Soros, Clinton, and yada, yada, yada! Now go outside and puke!

NEMETI IN SYRACUSE on May 18, 2007 at 9:37 PM

that wasn’t so bad. kinda funny actually. i’d buy those for a dollar.

lorien1973 on May 18, 2007 at 9:53 PM

couldn’t we blame failure on the actual mismanagement of the war by the current administration? No? ahhh nevermind

in all seriousness I do desperately want this to be funny…a conservative daily show would be valuable especially since the next president will probably be democrat and I doubt Stewart will poke fun at them as much.

crr6 on May 18, 2007 at 9:56 PM

Pablo on May 18, 2007 at 10:01 PM

So when’s the fiestaware coming out?

robblefarian on May 18, 2007 at 10:02 PM

amerpundit on May 18, 2007 at 9:33 PM

I thought it sounded live that time.

Maxx on May 18, 2007 at 10:11 PM

amerpundit

Isn’t that a small but albeit live audience shown in the very beginning of the show now? I believe it is a live audience, but the laughter does sound canned.

JetBoy on May 18, 2007 at 10:20 PM

Ridicule seems to be all we have left

HerrMorgenholz on May 18, 2007 at 10:21 PM

Hilarious and well done by Dennis. I always liked that guy.

RobertCSampson on May 18, 2007 at 10:26 PM

Uhh… no, it came with the decision not to execute incarcerate the Iraqi army. It came with the decision to make our soldiers servants of desert trash rather than enslaving the desert trash to rebuild while our soldiers (the only people allowed guns) kept guard, like they’re paid to do. (Some of the most aggravating video I’ve seen was of our soldiers working to build something while the natives watched….)

Hiraghm on May 18, 2007 at 10:51 PM

I was delighted to see Dennis in the clip. Love his podcasts at pragerradio.com, have never seen him outside a still picture. He is a tremendous thinker and an comic talent to boot. Woo Hoo!

RushBaby on May 18, 2007 at 10:55 PM

The “Rosie” issue should be a commemorative trough.

fogw on May 18, 2007 at 11:04 PM

That is truly funny. I am finding myself eagerly awaiting the next episode.

Nate A. on May 18, 2007 at 11:06 PM

My view: The road to surrender began in the 60′s with the first Kennedy immigration bill, which began importing the new Dem majority (after the first one moved up into the middle class GOP).

The surrender that’s going to kill us is not the surrender to the enemy in Iraq, but to the enemy within.

petefrt on May 18, 2007 at 11:08 PM

Dont forget the day Jimmah Carter decided to leave the Shah or Iran swinging in the breeze.

Or the day the Democrats cut off the spending to support our ally – South Vietnam. Millions of cambodians and vietnamese can’t forget that proud day for the democrats.

CrazyFool on May 18, 2007 at 11:22 PM

I am waiting for the John Kerry “I voted for the war before I voted against it” plate. A classic for sure.

Mallard T. Drake on May 18, 2007 at 11:27 PM

That could be the dumbest utterance from a “conservative” I’ve ever heard. I don’t even think that far left wing fanatical kooks would say that. How does one’s brain even contemplate something so idiotic?

Capitalist Infidel on May 18, 2007 at 11:53 PM

I wonder when the second Road to Surrender series comes out, with the faces of the turncoats who sold us out for Amnesty.

Bad Candy on May 18, 2007 at 11:59 PM

It may have worked… or, things might be even worse.

eforhan on May 19, 2007 at 12:13 AM

The skit would have been funnier, had it been performed with more feeling. Still, I’m reminded of what “Gerald Lerner” said in the prologue to “his” biography of “Solly and Dolly Rubell,” Red Love, a satirical biography of Julius and Ethyl Rosenberg by David Evanier: “Dolly and Solly Rubell were executed for spying for the Russians in 1954. …I have fvcked the Rubells in this book. I have fvcked this gentle, peace-loving couple. And I feel very much better.”

Kralizec on May 19, 2007 at 12:22 AM

O.M.G.! I listen to DP every morning…have for years…
(Religion on the Line)

It’s weird seeing him, never mind seeing him try to be funny on purpose.

(and knowing you’ll read this – I’m still listening)

Tru2my2 on May 19, 2007 at 12:30 AM

Capitalist Infidel on May 18, 2007 at 11:53 PM

Is the best way for you to make your point insulting the host of the blog on which you are a guest?

Wouldn’t be my first choice.

hillbillyjim on May 19, 2007 at 1:32 AM

Oh, lighten up hillbilljim…it’s all in good fun.

Tru2my2 on May 19, 2007 at 1:49 AM

amerpundit on May 18, 2007 at 9:33 PM

crr6 on May 18, 2007 at 9:56 PM

Not if Fred! runs….

Tim Burton on May 19, 2007 at 3:05 AM

do they still use those dumb laugh tracks?

Opinionnation on May 19, 2007 at 3:16 AM

Smart money for next Sunday says it’s Hannity.

Curveball: Dave Mustaine is in a skit to promote their United Abominations CD with brutal lyrics recounting 30 years of U.N. scandals/inactivity.

ScottMcC on May 19, 2007 at 3:24 AM

cutting. i dunno. that or bremer.

jummy on May 19, 2007 at 5:26 AM

just finished the video. skits like this get cut from bar association variety shows.

jummy on May 19, 2007 at 5:33 AM

Not necessarily off topic: the boss has another face that is begging for a plate, as if.

Jaibones on May 19, 2007 at 8:12 AM

The road to surrender has always begun with the Democratic Party.

lynnv on May 19, 2007 at 8:13 AM

Hint: I’ll bet he got beat up almost every day of his life when he was in school. Beat up bad.

Jaibones on May 19, 2007 at 8:13 AM

In hindsight, there is a case there, but worrying about that today accomplishes nothing today.

Wade on May 19, 2007 at 9:37 AM

I’m sure this point has been made before but…
The show would be funny if it: 1)Actually used comedians instead of right wing talking heads. 2)At least attempted to appear to be a comedy show instead of right wing propaganda making fun of Dems and 3)got rid of the “augmented laughter”; it may not be completely canned, but it ain’t natural.

SouthernDem on May 19, 2007 at 9:53 AM

SouthernDem,

I’m sure it would be a lot funnier if it were Dem’s making fun of christians or conservatives…Am I rite…..

doriangrey on May 19, 2007 at 10:40 AM

You miss my point. It’s too blatant. I’ve no problem with making fun of Dems, but Dennis Prager is not a comedian. And I’m pretty sure there’s something they could find to poke fun at conservatives now and again, no? So, ultimately, no, you’re not right.
Nuance.

SouthernDem on May 19, 2007 at 10:50 AM

It’s too blatant. I’ve no problem with making fun of Dems, but Dennis Prager is not a comedian…So, ultimately, no, you’re not right.
Nuance.
SouthernDem on May 19, 2007 at 10:50 AM

Ri-i-i-i-ight. And you want to go on record that Larry the Cable Guy is teh funnie?

ScottMcC on May 19, 2007 at 12:48 PM

Sure it’s funny. It’s a good bit, and decently done. As for anyone thinking Prager isn’t a comedian, read his columns. He’s a riot, even when he’s on a completely serious topic. I like Tony Snow, but I’d rather have someone like Prager for Press Secretary, his wit is amazing.

Freelancer on May 19, 2007 at 1:45 PM

How come I can’t find this video on YouTube? Spent 20 minutes looking for it, so I can post directly to local blog. My blogmaster pretty much deletes anything from HotAir for some reason, so I have to go back-channel on weekends.

Wuptdo on May 19, 2007 at 4:45 PM

ScottMcC on May 19, 2007 at 12:48 PM

Sure, but his schtick is old.
Dennis Miller is teh hilarious, tho.

SouthernDem on May 19, 2007 at 5:45 PM

I have to go back-channel on weekends.

Wuptdo on May 19, 2007 at 4:45 PM

TMI! TMI!

(Heh heh.)

ReubenJCogburn on May 19, 2007 at 8:50 PM

“This video is no longer available.” :(

Shy Guy on May 20, 2007 at 1:38 AM

This video is no longer available. Still.

haakondahl on May 20, 2007 at 4:49 AM

Allahpundit posted:

Smart money is on Hewitt. And the answer to your exit question is NO. DO not conflate the Democrats’ treachery and backstabbing with a necessary decision which none of us can say was actually right or wrong. You have no way of knowing if things would be better or worse by now, had the Iraqi Army not been disbanded. Do not fall for the “unemployment causes terrorism” crap that’s been pumped out of the MSM for years. If an Iraqi Army Officer is so easy to turn against his country, and so blind as to which side is actually in theinterest of his country, then we didn’t want him there to begin with, right? Easy for you to criticize, but it’s not as if you have actually thought through the scarier implications of leaving Saddam Hussein’s B-list in charge of the daily operations of the Army.
The Congressional Democrats, on the other hand, deserve a hearty backhand for their Clintonian willingness to sell out the future for political gain.
Fix yourself.

haakondahl on May 20, 2007 at 4:58 AM

No workee?!?

omnipotent on May 20, 2007 at 12:47 PM

“This video is no longer available.” :(

Flagged as offensive by Nancy Pelosi, no, I mean the DU–oh what the heck, they’re the same thing anyway.

smellthecoffee on May 20, 2007 at 2:16 PM