Video: Fox covers the Christian-Newsom murders on BYA

posted at 11:43 am on May 18, 2007 by Bryan

Because you asked, the horrific story we reported earlier this week has gotten mainstream coverage:

Now let’s keep our eyes on the trials and hope for justice.

Update: Here’s a report on the lack of reporting on the crime, from a Memphis TV station. InstaPundit makes a cameo:

Glenn Reynolds, a University of Tennessee law professor who operates Instapundit, a top current events and commentary blog, said he was branded an apologist by those bloggers after he wrote that he had seen no evidence the killings were a hate crime.

However, he said, “I think it is totally true if the races of the perpetrators and the victims were reversed, the press would make a bigger deal about it. I think some people (journalists) have been hanging back for fear of inflaming things.”

It is completely unfair to label him an apologist on this. Like Glenn, we haven’t taken the position that the crime was a hate crime (a category of crime that we don’t even need, incidentally). We don’t know whether it was a hate crime or not, and the press has been entirely incurious on the subject. We have taken the position that the press has under-reported the crime, but that seems to be changing now.

(thank you to my wife, without whom I wouldn’t have caught this clip, and to Allah for clipping and editing it)

Comments

‘Bout time!

serenity on May 18, 2007 at 11:46 AM

Allah for clipping and editing it

Yes, it’s a good think Allah was willing.

amerpundit on May 18, 2007 at 11:52 AM

So what is their excuse for allowing this story to go without coverage until now ?

Maxx on May 18, 2007 at 11:53 AM

Hate crime? Are you kidding me? Isn’t any murder, whether you chop them up and burn your victims, a hate crime? How silly that someone thinks that charging them with a hate crime will be a deterent against future hate crimes

doginblack on May 18, 2007 at 12:03 PM

Maxx on May 18, 2007 at 11:53 AM

“You never asked”?

doginblack on May 18, 2007 at 12:03 PM

Not if it’s a love crime. Like when the guy who mugs someone loves the other guys money.

- The Cat

MirCat on May 18, 2007 at 12:06 PM

This is a case where I mean with all my heart: To the victims, Rest In Peace. And to the killers: Go to Hell.

Montana on May 18, 2007 at 12:07 PM

But did they have a gun?

Wade on May 18, 2007 at 12:08 PM

Glad you guys caught that! I saw it today myself and immediately thought of HotAir. Good job.

Dash on May 18, 2007 at 12:08 PM

Of course it wasn’t a hate crime – hate crimes can’t be comitted against whites!

Actually since the victims is not one of the elite protected minorities – this is the way a lot of people will see it.

CrazyFool on May 18, 2007 at 12:10 PM

By not covering ‘the details’ this has a good chance of turning into ‘Oh a black kills a white, so it’s the death penalty for them’

- The Cat

MirCat on May 18, 2007 at 12:10 PM

Thanks Bryan, Allah, Michelle, et.al.

That recent local “celebration” was particularly appalling;

Knox Blacks Celebrate Carjacking Rapists in ‘Party’

St. Nicolas Thief, president and founder of Black Poverty Speaks, along with many local Knoxville blacks who live in the Washington Pike area has organized a social action protest celebration championing Lemaricus Davidson and Letalvis Cobbins.

Davidson and Cobbins are the brothers and two of the five suspects charged in the carjacking, kidnapping, rape and murder of Channon Christian and Christopher Newsom.

“We’re coordinating the celebration to to jive with the march angry whites are planning in memory of the victims and because of the ‘media black-out’ they note the case is receiving from national news networks,” Thief, who is currently stationed in Knoxville, said.

“We’re celebrating underprivileged Knoxville blacks who victimize privileged Knoxville whites,” he added.

Turn that statement around and imagine the outcry from Sharpton, et.al.

Terp Mole on May 18, 2007 at 12:11 PM

Did he say they tortured the victims? No, that’s not a hate crime. Most robbers torture the victims /sarcasm off

Reverse the races and now we got a hate crime.

DieselDude on May 18, 2007 at 12:12 PM

- The Cat

MirCat on May 18, 2007 at 12:10 PM

You pegged this one Cat!

Griz on May 18, 2007 at 12:16 PM

I know Michelle and others live in the DC area, did you guys get the idea for this story from DC101′s Elliot in the Morning? He’s been talking about it for at least 2 weeks now and asking why the national media hasn’t covered it.

He’s interviewed people close to the story and reporters from Knoxville and even made the TV news in Knoxville as the only person trying to give the story national media attention.

Just curious…

JaHerer22 on May 18, 2007 at 12:17 PM

We don’t know whether it was a hate crime or not

Seriously? Or was that a joke?

Professor Blather on May 18, 2007 at 12:17 PM

JaHerer22 on May 18, 2007 at 12:17 PM

Nope.

Bryan on May 18, 2007 at 12:20 PM

Truth is thousands of people are murdered in the United States every year, and the media (who you love to hate) can’t cover all of them and frankly, why would they? Why would people in the media want to cover a story like this?

Nonfactor on May 18, 2007 at 12:24 PM

Nonfactor on May 18, 2007 at 12:24 PM

Yet, if the roles were reversed, I wouldn’t stop hearing about this on every 24 hour news service, my local stations, Al Sharpton, my co workers, and Congress.

amerpundit on May 18, 2007 at 12:36 PM

Nonfactor on May 18, 2007 at 12:24 PM

I agree that they can’t cover them all. Personally, I don’t want to turn on the news and see stories like this either. However, the point that Michelle made in her Vent was that this is EXACTLY the type of story that the media loves to pick up and run nationally. The victims are young and pretty, the crime was extremely brutal & their is a chance that the death penalty will be involved. So, the question is, why is the media (that usually falls all over themselves to pick up stories like this) staying far, far away from this story?

JadeNYU on May 18, 2007 at 12:42 PM

Nonfactor on May 18, 2007 at 12:24 PM

First, this wasn’t just a murder. Second, why wouldn’t they cover it?

Glynn on May 18, 2007 at 12:42 PM

They raped her for days, cut her breasts off and his penis off and it’s not a hate crime?

I hate the term “hate crime”…it means nothing.

benrand on May 18, 2007 at 12:46 PM

Nonfactor on May 18, 2007 at 12:24 PM

Tawana Brawley
Aqil Yassom Al-Timimi
Amjad Abunar
Crystal Mangum

There are the names of some folks who have been in the news for a common reason. The media was all too eager to report their stories.

What do they have in common?

Slublog on May 18, 2007 at 12:49 PM

Finally, some coverage.

tommy1 on May 18, 2007 at 12:52 PM

It’s good that they talked about it, but they barely touched the surface of how horrible the crime really was. I guess I don’t know if there are guidelines as to how detailed they can get on TV when discussing these sorts of things. I would like to hear someone explain how these monsters became so demented that they could do this, because I don’t think someone wakes up one day and has the capacity to rape and torture innocent people.

WisCon on May 18, 2007 at 1:01 PM

The Hot Air Team is either working behind the scenes or the MSM or at least FOX is looking to Hot Air for some guidance.

abinitioadinfinitum on May 18, 2007 at 1:02 PM

I suppose I shouldn’t be shocked, but statements like this continue to make me drop my jaw.

I simply can’t understand the mentality of someone who celebrates someone else who tortures and kills innocent people, regardless of their skin color.

Jodella on May 18, 2007 at 1:08 PM

Well it is about time.

1. Death Penalty (yes)
2. Hate Crime (yes) Gang Rape, genital mutilation, dismemberment, burning of the victims, How is that not pure HATE as well as evil?
3. Where are all the black community “leaders” now?
4. This is a very good arguement for Carry Concealed Weapon (CCW).
5. God Bless the victims families

americaslaststand on May 18, 2007 at 1:10 PM

I literally lost sleep after watching Michelle’s Vent on this.

elle_k on May 18, 2007 at 1:18 PM

Nonfactor on May 18, 2007 at 12:24 PM

Don’t be silly. The Chicago Tribune is one long listing of the horrific things people do to other people; that’s almost all they do, besides run advertisements for illegal aliens.

This can’t be covered because it doesn’t fit their agenda, and in fact undermines it. Simple.

Jaibones on May 18, 2007 at 1:19 PM

they will get better treatment than they deserve.

kara26 on May 18, 2007 at 1:28 PM

An equal opportunity hate crime.

Let’s all celebrate diversity.

Capital crimes deserve capital punishment.

Kini on May 18, 2007 at 1:29 PM

You know, I like Bill Hemmer.

At this point, only Bill Hemmer, Brit Hume, Chris Wallace Chris Hanson, Michelle Malkin, Ashleigh Banfield, Sean Hannity and a couple of specific correspondents deliver news/ investigative reporting on the national level without pissing me off… Either with arrogance (O’Reily, Geraldo), or obvious sickening bias (Most everyone else).

(I love my local news channel though. I just hate that my local news channel is an NBC Affiliate and I sometimes catch Brian “Captain Hyperbole” Williams’s nightly news.)

Jones Zemkophill on May 18, 2007 at 1:39 PM

Here’s what’s coming Hot Air friends:

It turns out there are a lot of white racist blogs who’ve been pushing the no-MSM-coverage angle for awhile, and it won’t be long before that fact gets picked up in the national coverage. (If you search Christian Newsome AND Knoxville for details of this crime, the sites will be included in results.)

Now that the story is breaking into the major media questions have already been raised as to the reason these two young people were in the neighborhood from which they were abducted. The low-key suggestion is they were there to find drugs. When you add the white supremacist angle you now have a story the MSM will be more than happy to cover.

The Ritz on May 18, 2007 at 1:39 PM

Wow,I’m at a loss for words. That is grizzly.

There was a serial rapists around campus back in the mid 90′s, but this event is above and beyond disgusting.

I’m with Allah in saying that all murder is a “hate crime”. But the AP’s un-reporting of the story is not surprising. They’d hate to stir up any potential racial tension.

Idiots.

natesnake on May 18, 2007 at 1:40 PM

Jones Zemkophill on May 18, 2007 at 1:39 PM

It has been my observation that Hemmer is a dipshit liberal.

Jaibones on May 18, 2007 at 1:43 PM

FOX seems to be the first, and only, MSM component to even acknowledge that this horrific event took place. Bravo FOX!

omegaram on May 18, 2007 at 1:46 PM

They’d hate to stir up any potential racial tension.

That a sentiment that I’ve seen the media repeat often – “We don’t want to report that/show those pictures/play that video because we are afraid of the backlash it might cause against X group.”

I don’t know about the rest of you, but, I’m getting sick and tired of being portrayed by the media as some crazed nutjob that’s just waiting for the news to get me all fired up to go cross burning & minority hunting. The whole concept is BS.

JadeNYU on May 18, 2007 at 1:46 PM

JadeNYU on May 18, 2007 at 1:46 PM

Correct, except when racial makeup is the other way around. Then the neighborhood burning, innocent bystander hunting begins.

The Ritz on May 18, 2007 at 1:56 PM

Nobody answered Slublog, so…

They all falsely accused caucasians of race-based crimes, got wall-to-wall national media exposure right up to the point that their frauds were uncovered, and then in each case the story vaporized from the national scene.

None of them has been held accountable for their lies, for the damage done to the victims of their lies, and the MSM avoids those stories like the plague now that their agenda isn’t being served.

Freelancer on May 18, 2007 at 2:05 PM

A couple of points….

1) Lots of media coverage puts this case in jepordy of finding an impartial jury. With blacks “celebrating” and whites are all racists, how tough will it be to get a jury that will convict on the facts and not the race of the victims and criminals?

2) I propose that when these sick scum go to their deaths, that the priveledged whites celebrate their victory over underprivledged minorities that commit heinous crimes.

csdeven on May 18, 2007 at 2:05 PM

Enough already. I need more indepth coverage of the Free Paris Hilton movement and more Anna Nicole Smith details.

OK, I am having problems imagining Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton speaking out for Paris. No, I don’t have problems imagining them running towards the cameras, I just can’t imagine the spin they’d put on her. “Driving while Black, Driving while Blonde!”

mkstach on May 18, 2007 at 2:07 PM

- The Cat

MirCat on May 18, 2007 at 12:10 PM

Your right Cat! When they did the James Byrd dragging death they gave grave details.

With James Byrd’s family members sitting grim-faced in the front row, a sobbing Lawrence Russell Brewer told a stunned courtroom Friday that Byrd’s throat was cut before he was dragged to bits along a lonely country road in Jasper County

Rightfully so! To show the cruelty and to understand this fella needed the death pentalty! Because without giving the ferocity of the crime you take away the true evil! Are they scared they are going to enrage people or is it an agenda?

Drtuddle on May 18, 2007 at 2:27 PM

I think there might be another reason for why the MSM doesn’t want to cover this. I don’t think that a group that I think is very biased and has negative ulterior motives has them in every case. There are exceptions to everything. Let me just preface my remarks by saying that I am a Christian conservative Republican wife and mother and lean as far right as one can without becoming extreme.

So anyway, It think that it is rare for anybody to commit a crime like this and I don’t hear often that black people do. Many crimes committed by black people are against other black people unfortunately and is in the “ghetto” most times and not the middle or upper class areas where other black people live. Quite frankly I think that individual, white people have committed more of these atrocius crimes than other minorities. But the backlash toward black people could or probably would be worse. There is a fringe element in our society who would exploit this in order to paint black people of today as monsters and that is not true. They will exploit the race of the perpetrators to further their racism.

I live in Los Angeles, I have many black friends (not AA because as my one friends says, I’ve never been to Africa). Many many black people here have progressed nicely into middle and upper class society. Trust me they hate this crime, committed by 4 black people, more than we ever possibly could.

CCRWM on May 18, 2007 at 2:47 PM

An eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth. Lethal injection/electrocution’s too easy. They should be executed in the same manner they killed their victims.

packsoldier on May 18, 2007 at 3:12 PM

CCRWM on May 18, 2007 at 2:47 PM

So the fact that their acts were monstrous isn’t good enough to call these particular black people monsters?

James on May 18, 2007 at 3:23 PM

I agree that “hate crime” is a silly category. It seems, to me, that most crimes are confessions of hate for something: society, law, a person, a group of people. “Hate Crime,” really, seems as useful a category as “fish that live in water” when one already has a category of “fish.”

Jens on May 18, 2007 at 3:31 PM

CCRWM on May 18, 2007 at 2:47 PM

Again, it is the responsibility of the news to report news. Not to decide which news we can and can’t handle and should and shouldn’t be allowed to know.

Furthermore, if that is the driving motivation behind not following the story for the MSM, I resent that they have decided that my puny white brain is so stupid as to not be able to distinguish between a criminal that committed a crime and happens to be black and all black people. We are not all closet racists that are just waiting for an excuse to don the sheets and ‘go git us sum black folks’.

On a side note, it is entirely possible that you think that horrible crimes like these are committed more often by white people than black people because when they are committed by black people, the media doesn’t air the story. I am certainly not saying that black people commit heinous crimes more than whites (or whites more than blacks or anything of the sort) as I do not have any of those statistics. I am saying that if the MSM cherry picks the stories like that, it’s entirely possible that our views are skewed by the news we get.

JadeNYU on May 18, 2007 at 4:03 PM

Agreed there should be no special “hate crime” statute. Our government should not be giving preference to individuals based on their ethinicity, gender or sexual orientation. It is absurd logic.

Of course they should not be interfering in business on these issues either. It just creates work for lawyer scum, fuels resentment, creates uncompetitive companies, etc, etc.

MarkB on May 18, 2007 at 4:15 PM

JadeNYU on May 18, 2007 at 4:03 PM

Agreed!!

MarkB on May 18, 2007 at 4:17 PM

I emailed tips@hotair and allahblog about this over a month ago. Why is it all of a sudden news now? Oh, yeah, the bandwagon thing. I forgot about that.

From: Tom .
Date: Apr 11, 2007 11:36 AM
Subject: Horrific Murders Not Being Covered
To: tips@hotair.com
Cc: allahblog@gmail.com

Hey there…

Here’s a link to a story about a horrific murder of a couple in Tennessee that’s not being covered by the MSM.

A white couple were carjacked, brutally tortured, maimed, mutilated, and finally murdered after the carjacking by four blacks
and the MSM hasn’t covered this at all. It may be a “hate crime”, or maybe not, but it’s not being covered by anyone
outside of the local media where this happened. It smacks of more MSM deciding what’s fit for coverage and what’s not based
on suspect vs victim demographic(s). Remember the African American who was dragged behind a truck by white suspects?
THAT enraged the whole country and was prosecuted as a hate crime, because it was white on black. How about the Duke
case coverage?

In this case, she was raped, he was raped, she had her breasts cut off, he had his penis cut off, and they were tortured for
days inside the suspect’s home before being killed, then their corpses were mutilated. Yet, none of the MSM is following or
covering this story… ???

It might be post worthy…

“Some Days You’re The Dog, Some Days You’re The Tree”

Yeah, over a month ago now…

SilverStar830 on May 18, 2007 at 4:51 PM

you’re right. it’s not clear that this is a hate crime.

for an example of a clear case of a hate crime the msm chose to keep small because of the details’ misfit with the msm template, check this one out.

you’ll have to watch the video to see what the actual story is because the tribune article is so carefully written to make it sound like another gang thing.

this article is more complete…

“We always be seeing them, and they always be looking at people,” said Kevin Carter, 18. “They give you that gay look, like you’re a female or something. That ain’t cute. People be ready to fight . . . I knew something was going to happen to that house.”

jummy on May 18, 2007 at 5:06 PM

SilverStar830 on May 18, 2007 at 4:51 PM

What…is this a quiz? My guess: because you emailed tips@hotair and allahblog.

What do I win?

Jaibones on May 18, 2007 at 5:06 PM

As for hate crimes, who gives a rat’s ass. My plan: if you do this to anyone, we hang you in a large steel cage in the public square, and light a big fire underneath you and burn you to death. (I know).

Then, we dump your ashes into an outhouse hole in the park, so people can shit on you for a few years.

No additional penalty if anyone thinks you did this because of “hate”…

Jaibones on May 18, 2007 at 5:09 PM

Nonfactor on May 18, 2007 at 12:24 PM

Puh-leeze.

A statement like that is absolute proof positive of how intentionally and deeply self-deluded you must become to accept liberalism.

If you really believe this story would not have been heavily reported … at LEAST in Tennessee … except for the fact that the colors of the skin of those involved was politically inexpedient … you are DEFINITELY prime material for the “reality based” community.

Professor Blather on May 18, 2007 at 5:25 PM

Take two:

Nonfactor on May 18, 2007 at 12:24 PM

Puh-leeze.

Professor Blather on May 18, 2007 at 5:28 PM

James, yes if these particular 4, who stand accused, are found guilty then they are monsters who committed monstrous acts. Unfortuntely others might exploit this to try to paint all black people as monstrous.

CCRWM on May 18, 2007 at 5:33 PM

JadeNYU on May 18, 2007 at 4:03 PM

What I was trying to say is that we hear of more people Susan Smith or the run away Bride (can’t remember her name) who try to escape justice for horrible acts which they have committed by accusing “a black man” or a Hispanic etc. Why do you think that they try it? How many black men have been relesaed form prison lately because thy were falsely accused and convicted because a jury believed evidence that couldn’t possibly have been real? So the danger I see in this case is that some ignorant people could/would use this group of 4 to justify racism.

But you’re right, the MSM doesn’t have the right to cherry pick…

CCRWM on May 18, 2007 at 5:44 PM

I kinda liked it the first way, Blather.

mikeyboss on May 18, 2007 at 5:48 PM

“It turns out there are a lot of who’ve been pushing the no-MSM-coverage angle for awhile, and it won’t be long before that fact gets picked up in the national coverage. (If you search Christian Newsome AND Knoxville for details of this crime, the sites will be included in results.)”

The Ritz on May 18, 2007 at 1:39 PM

These are the people I’m referring to.

CCRWM on May 18, 2007 at 5:53 PM

The Ritz on May 18, 2007 at 1:39 PM

Sorry don’t quite know how to use the buttons yet so some of the quote was left out…

CCRWM on May 18, 2007 at 5:55 PM

What do I win?

Jaibones on May 18, 2007 at 5:06 PM

Congrats Jaibones you have won an all expense paid vacation to the Shirley Mclaine Hope for Healing Spa.
Part of your two week stay will include:

- Three hours of quiet meditation daily with soft music provided by Yanni
- Vegetarian meals three times a day. Snacks are eco friendly dead bark chips
- Daily 12 step session for those who feel ignored by the MSM
- In our state of the art exercise center let your troubles fall off your shoulders as you enjoy the upside down exercise swing with the techno enhanced sounds of Rosie making these sessions the ultimate in stress relief
- And last but not least attend devotional services on sunday; We offer scientology, wiccan, new age, and moonie pastors

Congrats again Jaibones – you are a Winner!!!

Bradky on May 18, 2007 at 6:03 PM

I think the mainstream media have stayed away from this case mostly because it is just too damn demented and sickening. The FOX News guy didn’t even want to get into the details because they are just too nasty.

In summary: WTF is wrong with people??!?

Seixon on May 18, 2007 at 6:40 PM

I’m convinced if HotAir didn’t expose this, the entire media machine would have ignored it.

Way to go HotAir team!

Black Adam on May 18, 2007 at 6:41 PM

It’s sad it took so long but hopefully now people will be aware of this horrific nightmare that these poor souls endured and be watchful of the trial. The death penalty for all involved is the only acceptable answer to this. My main grief is that their eventual death will be nowhere NEAR as painful and terrifying as the death these bastards inflicted on their victims. My sister is the age of the victims and if this crime is as random as the reporter in the video said then it could’ve just as easily been her and such thoughts are beyond terrifiying.

Yakko77 on May 18, 2007 at 7:09 PM

These are the people I’m referring to.

CCRWM on May 18, 2007 at 5:53 PM

I get your point. I don’t mind admitting to you this crime makes me plenty angry. The fact that people are celebrating attacks on “privileged whites” makes me wonder who has the racial hatred going? I wonder how many condone without celebrating? How many rationalize? I think it’s a mistake to deny there’s a real problem. That doesn’t make me a “hater”. It makes me aware.

Buck Turgidson on May 18, 2007 at 9:05 PM

Yeah, over a month ago now…

SilverStar830 on May 18, 2007 at 4:51 PM

Don’t feel bad, I’ve sent tips like this also.
I guess we’re not worthy.

Kini on May 19, 2007 at 1:11 AM

Bradky on May 18, 2007 at 6:03 PM

You forgot about the daily enema treatments.

Kini on May 19, 2007 at 1:20 AM

Anyone who “celebrates” these criminals and particularly their brutal crimes is not going to Hell, they’re already there, and trying to drag other people down with them!

I’m not saying these scum shouldn’t have a fair trial – they should. And they shouldn’t be executed for their crimes until after they’re convicted.

But these “Black Poverty Speaks” morons are excplicitly celebrating a gruesome double torture-murder. For God’s sake, isn’t that SOME kind of crime? I mean, they’re AT LEAST advocating murder!!!!!!

Merovign on May 19, 2007 at 1:58 PM

You know what really outrages me about this story? Not long ago, our nation was preoccupied with the so called ‘torture’ of Islamic terrorists in Gitmo and in Abu Ghraib. Yes, the donning of panties, photographed in a snuggle pile, menaced by tampons, sitting for hours in a cold room were all trotted out as violating the geneva convention. Presidential hopeful John McCain went so far to propose a bill of rights for these poor men. Many people, including anyone who’s ever rushed for a frat, or been in the military laughed out loud at these practices being called torture.
Now, here we have a case where two people..REALLY WERE TORTURED…TO DEATH. Horrible things were done to them…and not one bloody word until someone noticed the squawking from the internet. I think we’ve gone beyond hypocricy into lunacy in terms of media bias. And while I am not a proponent of hate crime laws, I do think that race was very much at the heart of the level of brutality perpatrated in this crime. The fact that the ‘Black Poverty’ crowd is out there celebrating this, with no shame at all, tells me they have a very serious race problem in that city and that those bloodthirsty monsters that did this seem to differ from their fan base only in the amount of self control they have.

austinnelly on May 19, 2007 at 3:07 PM

Thanks for the clip.

CNN posted gruesome details about Juba’s Sniper kills in Iraq on our U.S. Soldiers (Propaganda). I don’t know how to respond to Fox’s decision to not mention details in this case. To do so would definitely ruin someone’s breakfast, lunch or supper.

Maybe it would leave a lasting impression that real news is shown on Fox.

In other news, 2 stranded whales in the port of Sacramento should have received Darwin awards.

As for Glenn, his response seemed shallow that is why people attacked him as an apologist. It seemed cavalier and underwhelming (possibly due to some white supremicist remarks, support).

ar_basin on May 22, 2007 at 9:42 AM

a hate crime (a category of crime that we don’t even need, incidentally)

Btw, you will not change this – it has momentum.

So what do you do? Ignore its presence, work with it as best you can or totally accept it (use it to your advantage)?

ar_basin on May 22, 2007 at 10:05 AM

The lack of evidence signaling a hate crime has not stopped white supremacists from using the case to advance their cause. Alex Linder, operator of the Vanguard News Network and an admitted supremacist who organized Saturday’s rally in Knoxville to protest “black-on-white crime,” said in an e-mail to the News Sentinel that the case is being “covered up” by mainstream media, “which intends white genocide.”

Knoxville police arrested Linder at the rally’s start, charging him with disorderly conduct, resisting arrest, assault on a police officer and vandalism.

Using the Internet and e-mail, the white-supremacist groups began a campaign of complaints to and about the mainstream media’s coverage.

Suggestions of a racial bias by the media haven’t been limited to fringe groups.

Conservative syndicated columnist Michelle Malkin is among those weighing in on the issue.

By JAMIE SATTERFIELD, satterfield@knews.com
May 27, 2007

There you go, white racists and MM neatly packaged in the same group. MSM felt their tail caught in a crack so they responded. Prediction fullfilled.

The Ritz on May 27, 2007 at 10:13 PM