Fox News: McCain drops the F-bomb on Cornyn in nasty amnesty blow up; Update: Details from WaPo

posted at 7:20 pm on May 18, 2007 by Allahpundit

Can’t find anything about this on the wires or even the Fox News website (yet), but an eagle-eyed Freeper caught it as it aired and put up a post. Cornyn, you may recall, helped negotiate the bill but disowned it at the eleventh hour and then released a statement expressing “serious concerns” that it might just constitute a replay of the 1986 amnesty. It took him until the day the deal was announced to realize that?

No matter. McCain is the duly anointed villain of the amnesty fiasco, as a glance at the comments in the Freeper thread will reveal. This won’t help him any.

Meanwhile, here’s Mitt’s brand spanking new anti-amnesty ad. We must have an employment verification system, he insists. Sounds good — except that the new bill already provides for one. In which case, what was the point of rushing this ad out?

Update: K-Lo adds background on the McCain/Cornyn shoutfest:

A witness claims that “What is missing is the fact McCain was criticizing Cornyn’s very simple but important request – a request he had made for three months in meetings without McCain being present for the most part – that important enforcement provisions be included. McCain called his sensible request ‘Chickensh*#” and dismissed it…”

Update: WaPo’s got the scoop. The answer to Major Garrett’s question: verb.

At a bipartisan gathering in an ornate meeting room just off the Senate floor, McCain complained that Cornyn was raising petty objections to a compromise plan being worked out between Senate Republicans and Democrats and the White House. He used a curse word associated with chickens and accused Cornyn of raising the issue just to torpedo a deal.

Things got really heated when Cornyn accused McCain of being too busy campaigning for president to take part in the negotiations, which have gone on for months behind closed doors. “Wait a second here,” Cornyn said to McCain. “I’ve been sitting in here for all of these negotiations and you just parachute in here on the last day. You’re out of line.”

McCain, a former Navy pilot, then used language more accustomed to sailors (not to mention the current vice president, who made news a few years back after a verbal encounter with Sen. Patrick Leahy of Vermont).

“[Expletive] you! I know more about this than anyone else in the room,” shouted McCain at Cornyn. McCain helped craft a bill in 2006 that passed the Senate but couldn’t be compromised with a House bill that was much tougher on illegal immigrants.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

just build the damn fence

Capitalist Infidel on May 18, 2007 at 7:25 PM

We must have an employment verification system, he insists. Sounds good — except that the amnesty bill already provides for one. In which case, what was the point of rushing this ad out?

Maybe he means a real one?

Perhaps Romney, like me, suspects that any nominally conservative component originating from McCain, Bush, and Kennedy – the Axis of Asinine – is a fake provision that will mysteriously vanish once 12 million Mexicans suddenly become Americans.

Lehosh on May 18, 2007 at 7:30 PM

and again…just build a damn fence!

dustoffmom on May 18, 2007 at 7:30 PM

Political Suicide, thy name is John McVain.

thirteen28 on May 18, 2007 at 7:32 PM

No doubt, but his ad would have been more effective if he had said that. As it is, he leaves himself open to McCain saying, “Romney’s complaining about the bill and meanwhile it gives him exactly what he’s asking for in his ad.”

Allahpundit on May 18, 2007 at 7:32 PM

National ID tied to Drivers license (Congress can do it under Interstate commerce), Immigration/citizen status, voter ID, SSN (for ID theft)…. deal done…

Its time to bite the bullet folks…

Romeo13 on May 18, 2007 at 7:32 PM

Stop the flood FIRST. THEN negotiate all the BS. Hopefully all the supporters of this latest amnesty will explode after feeling the heat from constituents.

Shouldn’t we be allowed to vote directly on issues that compromise our soveriegnty and security?

NTWR on May 18, 2007 at 7:36 PM

I really don’t want to hear another damn word from congress on imigration reform until they have secured the borders!

db on May 18, 2007 at 7:36 PM

People keep sneaking into my house and taking stuff. Most of them just have hungry families, and want the stuff to sell to feed them. I promised my wife I’d fix the lock on the door, or at least shoo them away as they come in, but I’m too busy shopping online to bother.

Finally, I decided to let everyone stay, unless they admit they’re criminals. They can take all my stuff, and even bring their relatives. Sounds like a great idea. Thing is, I’m still running out of stuff. Also, one of them murdered my wife.

stonemeister on May 18, 2007 at 7:37 PM

Allahpundit on May 18, 2007 at 7:32 PM

I think the reason for rushing it out is his very first line:

“Number 1, we should secure the border.”

JadeNYU on May 18, 2007 at 7:38 PM

Allah, did you get my email?

amerpundit on May 18, 2007 at 7:48 PM

Some people are complaining about the new immigration compromise, I am more proactive.

I just need to know how do you say, “I for one, welcome our new Hispanic Overlords” in Spanish?

JayHaw Phrenzie on May 18, 2007 at 7:50 PM

Exactly, first, secure the border. That’s the most important part. So why doesn’t he expound on that? Comparatively, worker eligibility verification is a piece cake.

SouthernDem on May 18, 2007 at 7:51 PM

¡I, para uno, dan la bienvenida a nuestros overlords hispánicos nuevos!

JayHaw Phrenzie on May 18, 2007 at 7:52 PM

In which case, what was the point of rushing this ad out?

Timing, it all about timing. After the hangover of rushing to pass this bill and the dust-up it’ll cause on blogs, MSM, and talk, in rushes the man with the plan Mitt.

Kini on May 18, 2007 at 7:53 PM

McCain is an expert on bananas. Don’t f**k with him.

tommy1 on May 18, 2007 at 7:58 PM

In which case, what was the point of rushing this ad out?

Besides Allah, do you think anyone will actually read it? Let alone point that out?

Kini on May 18, 2007 at 7:59 PM

¡I, para uno, dan la bienvenida a nuestros overlords hispánicos nuevos!

Shouldn’t that be

¡Yo, para uno

:-)

McCain just kissed the nomination goodbye. As another famous RINO once said, “Hasta la vista, Baby.”

baldilocks on May 18, 2007 at 8:05 PM

finally… just build the damn fence.

balderdash on May 18, 2007 at 8:06 PM

stonemeister on May 18, 2007 at 7:37 PM

Oh, come on stonemeister. Really, you should be more sensible. Maybe you can set up a three tiered system where these undocumented guests earn bonus points that can be redeemed to bring in their relatives.

Oh yeah, you better learn Spanish and constantly apologize for your American forefathers stealing the Southwest.

cmay on May 18, 2007 at 8:12 PM

Everything McCain touches turns to slop, including this sell out “immigration bill”. It’s time for McCain to take a hike and let the poor old Republican Party try to rise from the ashes.

rplat on May 18, 2007 at 8:16 PM

baldilocks on May 18, 2007 at 8:05 PM

I have no idea, I used babelfish. :D

JayHaw Phrenzie on May 18, 2007 at 8:17 PM

Would the gerund form be:

Go F yourself?

I can’t remember what a gerund is :P

lorien1973 on May 18, 2007 at 8:28 PM

And have you considered giving them your medical insurance and Social Security? Unless you do, we’ll just call you a racist because there is no legitimate reason to have any immigration control..

Wow. So, if one disagrees with the immigration status quo, one is automatically racist. And here I thought that word had a totally different definition, namely having something to do with “race” and “ists”.

No legitimate reason for immigration control? Are you on drugs? We don’t have the right to secure our borders? How about personal property rights? Do you have any right to disallow people from coming into your house (or is that a groovy pad in your case)? Are you such a socialist/collectivist that anyone is allowed to do their own thing? And you only have to obey the laws with which you agree?

cmay on May 18, 2007 at 8:12 PM

Double-wow. So, if you feel my forefathers “stole” the Southwest, you are entitled to steal it back? I fail to see the logic in your comment. But I do see the anti-Americanism.

stonemeister on May 18, 2007 at 8:35 PM

Senator, or should I say President never to be John McCain, thank you for once again proving all my criticisms of you to be 100% correct. Now, if you Mr. Paul would kindly stop wasting everyone else’s time by pretending you actually have a chance to win the GOP nomination for President. Granted, thanks to this lovely piece of legislation, I don’t think any Republican really has a chance, but those two turd sandwiches just need to take their antics somewhere else.

austinnelly on May 18, 2007 at 8:35 PM

Build the fence. Wait for the illegals to show for government services and then export them to Europe.

Zorro on May 18, 2007 at 8:39 PM

NTWR on May 18, 2007 at 7:36 PM

EXACTLY, And

BUILD THE DAMN FENCE!!!!!!!

shooter on May 18, 2007 at 8:45 PM

You said it (not that he ever was going to get it).

As a Texan I am proud of Cornyn (and I hope he popped McCain in that snarky bald head of his).

Enough of this crap already, build the fence!

Secure the border THEN we can talk

BobH on May 18, 2007 at 8:49 PM

I’ll never forgive the bastards in Hanoi for not finishing the job.

That’s uncalled for; isn’t it?

lorien1973 on May 18, 2007 at 8:52 PM

That’s uncalled for; isn’t it?

Considering what McVain has done to destroy this country?

That’s open to debate, if you ask me.

Misha I on May 18, 2007 at 8:54 PM

My resonse to cmay isn’t showing up!

stonemeister on May 18, 2007 at 8:59 PM

Californians have been calling Ms. Feinstein’s office and a bunch of really snooty guys are answering. So one caller lady said “Isn’t Ms. Feinstein supposed to represent America?”, to which he said “she’s supposed to represent California”. The lady then “last I checked California was still part of America (the U.S.).

The pro-amnesty senators’ aids are asking for addresses, to then send people letters. Don’t fall for that. They are also providing LA Times and other bogus stats that over 80% of the American population is for this ‘non-amnesty’

Well, Rasmussen, who runs automated telephone polls, where PC doesn’t have to bother respondents, found different results. Take a few min. to skim – the stats are very interesting, and this has just begun.

Entelechy on May 18, 2007 at 9:00 PM

Here’s the response:

cmay on May 18, 2007 at 8:12 PM

stonemeister on May 18, 2007 at 9:00 PM

One of my proudest political moments will always be when, in the 2000 primaries, I persuaded my husband not to vote for McCain.

INC on May 18, 2007 at 9:04 PM

I have no idea, I used babelfish. :D

JayHaw Phrenzie on May 18, 2007 at 8:17 PM

Heh. Never used it. Now I know not to.

baldilocks on May 18, 2007 at 9:04 PM

At least Giuliani was smart enough to shut up about it, and just say he wanted the border secured first. I’m not sure McCain ever had the nomination.

amerpundit on May 18, 2007 at 9:05 PM

And, I just now noticed, the Rasmussen report was of May 10, before the ‘non-amnesty’ compromise was released to the celebratory tune of Messrs: Graham, Kennedy, McCain, Martinez, a.s.f. That picture of them on Drudge is a classic. They look like toddlers who’ve just pooped.

Entelechy on May 18, 2007 at 9:05 PM

Gerunds end in -ing, as ****ing.

rivlax on May 18, 2007 at 9:05 PM

They look like toddlers who’ve just pooped.

Entelechy, as a mom you’ve totally cracked me up!

INC on May 18, 2007 at 9:10 PM

Tomorrow will mark the eight thousand time McCain defends himself by using his played out line (that wasn’t funny the first week he said it in to every microphone he could find): “Lighten up and get a life”

RightWinged on May 18, 2007 at 9:10 PM

McCain has betrayed the American people, and we won’t forget that anytime soon.

infidel4life on May 18, 2007 at 9:13 PM

The illegal supremacists just see legal residents as beasts of burden. Were just supposed to pay to support the increasingly overburdened schools, hospitals and infrastructure and keep enough to support ourselves so we can continue to live and keep paying.

Coyote D. on May 18, 2007 at 9:21 PM

McCain has betrayed the American people, and we won’t forget that anytime soon.

Problem is, he isn’t the only one. I’m pretty much indicting the whole government at this point. Almost everyone in there is in this up to their sticking eyeballs.

jaleach on May 18, 2007 at 9:21 PM

Speaking for my senator, Cornyn, and millions of other pissed-off Texas conservatives: [Expletive] you, McCain! You just lost your last prayer for a Republican nomination.

SailorDave on May 18, 2007 at 9:21 PM

LOL!

sticking=stinking.

PIMF is my friend…

jaleach on May 18, 2007 at 9:22 PM

Oh thaaaat F-word. I thought he called us all fags (ala Ann), since we are going to take Amnesty up arse…

Now that that is said…Tomorrow morning, when I run my 4 miles keeping myself in shape, I should go by his house and flip him the bird….

Tim Burton on May 18, 2007 at 9:23 PM

LOL!

sticking=stinking.

PIMF is my friend…

jaleach on May 18, 2007 at 9:22 PM

Considering how far their heads are up their arses on this, the eyeballs are likely stinking and sticking.

SailorDave on May 18, 2007 at 9:28 PM

BUILD THE DAMN FENCE!!!!!!!

¡Sí, Se Puede!

Pablo on May 18, 2007 at 9:39 PM

No amnistia por los extranjeros criminales!!! Deporta deporta deporta, si se puede!!!

NeverSubmit on May 18, 2007 at 9:54 PM

We don’t need national IDs, or employment verification.

Pass a bill removing illegals from the protection of law. If a citizen commits a crime against an illegal, automatic amnesty.

Wait a year or so, then build the damned fence.
I consider deporting them to be a compromise; what I want is for them to have a PVP flag and be KOS.

Near my home is a Farmer’s Insurance agency with a BIG sign that says, “Se habla espaniol”… once I feel confident in my Welsh (trying to teach myself now), I want to walk in there and ask for an insurance policy in that language. See how badly they want MY business.

Hiraghm on May 18, 2007 at 10:14 PM

All congress has to do is pass a law to treat illegal immigrants exactly the same way Mexico does. Problem Solved.

Paul in Poco on May 18, 2007 at 10:28 PM

stonemeister on May 18, 2007 at 8:35 PM

Dude, I was being sarcastic. I thought your original post was funny.

cmay on May 18, 2007 at 10:31 PM

“I’m Mitt Romney, I have a hot wife, and I approve this message…

…that’s ONE hot wife.”

askheaves on May 18, 2007 at 10:38 PM

Earlier today, I heard an idiot on some talking head program, he was an attorney for illegals, and he said that “300 years ago we all emigrated to this country

Wrong-oh. That’s what these equality idiots don’t get. There was no country here when our forebears came. They built the country, the foundation based upon WASP culture and traditions. The scum flooding here today act like their parasitic invasion is the equal to the creation and building of the nation upon which they wish to feed.

Hiraghm on May 18, 2007 at 10:41 PM

Allah, did you get my email?
amerpundit on May 18, 2007 at 7:48 PM

NO STALKING!

Mazztek on May 18, 2007 at 10:42 PM

McCaesar, RESIGN

RushBaby on May 18, 2007 at 10:43 PM

In which case, what was the point of rushing this ad out?

The date at the bottom of the ad says april 3 2007. A full month and a half before this proposal was announced. For a guy under attack for perceived flip-flops, this looks pretty solid.

csdeven on May 18, 2007 at 10:50 PM

Allah, did you get my email?
amerpundit on May 18, 2007 at 7:48 PM

Allah? Did you get that thing I sent ya?

askheaves on May 18, 2007 at 10:52 PM

Allah, did you get my email?
amerpundit on May 18, 2007 at 7:48 PM
Allah? Did you get that thing I sent ya?

askheaves on May 18, 2007 at 10:52 PM

Allah, did you get my email?
amerpundit on May 18, 2007 at 7:48 PM
NO STALKING!

Mazztek on May 18, 2007 at 10:42 PM

Mazztek on May 18, 2007 at 10:57 PM

Among ACTUAL candidates, who will get McCains supporters?

I’d bet Huckabee or Mitt!.

But for sure, McCain is toast.

csdeven on May 18, 2007 at 11:05 PM

…and in the end, McCain reached out to the constituency that mattered to him the most. The media.

Kid from Brooklyn on May 18, 2007 at 11:08 PM

Cornyn made the right move, politically. He is up for re-election in 2008. I personally know someone who is considering a run against him – he’s a democrat, but will run on a very moderate ticket. Cornyn can’t afford to make ANY mistakes, or he will lose to this guy – guaranteed.

pullingmyhairout on May 18, 2007 at 11:12 PM

Among ACTUAL candidates, who will get McCains supporters?

I’d bet Huckabee or Mitt!.

csdeven on May 18, 2007 at 11:05 PM

Huckabee has the same weakness as McCain when it comes to immigration. He thinks that if you want to enforce immigration laws that you’re racist.

Good job Mike! Calling your constituents racist is what we’ve all been waiting for before we embraced your candidacy. I don’t understand why these politicians are so willing to drive the bus off the cliff.

You can tell that the primaries haven’t even warmed up yet when McCain still polls above negative numbers.

cmay on May 18, 2007 at 11:15 PM

Man, that pic of McCain on Freeper link is Hi-Freakin’-larious! (23rd post)

hillbillyjim on May 18, 2007 at 11:19 PM

cmay on May 18, 2007 at 11:15 PM

I am shocked! I would have NEVER figured Huckabee for that! Thanks for straightening me out on that.

csdeven on May 18, 2007 at 11:27 PM

Is it possible that these candidates take positions that pander to the people they want money from? It makes sense. McCain has no money and being pro-amnesty helps big business.

csdeven on May 18, 2007 at 11:30 PM

hillbillyjim on May 18, 2007 at 11:19 PM

cool link, hbjim! Also picked up from that thread, ‘JunkYardBlog has coined a fascinating new word to add to JYB coins new word: “Verrücktenfreude” ‘

RushBaby on May 18, 2007 at 11:32 PM

McCain uses the “f” word… “freeloaders.”

Mojave Mark on May 18, 2007 at 11:36 PM

I never thought I would say this, Senator McCain you sir can take your cloture vote and the entire treason caucus and shove it and them up your arrogant, treasonous A$$!

And this ill tempered, pompous ass actually has the gaul to think he could be President of the United States?

Save your money King John thats one office you can bend over and kiss goodbye.

Speakup on May 18, 2007 at 11:57 PM

Hey your majesty!

There’ll be plenty of room left over for that thousand page contract for the invasion of America up there too.

Onager dung!

Speakup on May 19, 2007 at 12:06 AM

McCain is an expert on bananas. Don’t f**k with him.

tommy1 on May 18, 2007 at 7:58 PM

Hey Tommy -you are mistaken …what you meant to say is McCain is an expert on “BANANA REPUBLICS” and knows how to build them!!!!

Mellen on May 19, 2007 at 12:08 AM

I have no idea, I used babelfish. :D

JayHaw Phrenzie on May 18, 2007 at 8:17 PM

Well with that and keeping with the spirit of the language being used by our elected leaders, all I can say is this situation is a total jujuflop. I say belgium to the lot of them!

- The Cat

MirCat on May 19, 2007 at 12:36 AM

Unlike most people here (or probably in the GOP) I do not see the “delayed amnesty” bill as a bad idea. It would not only help bring these people out of the shadows, but also aid in distinguishing who is legit and who is not.

Many of these illegals actually do contribute to our economy, as one only has to visit a construction site to verify this (and yes usually the authorities know about it, but the crews are desperate for help so they often turn a blind eye).

What irks me the most about this bill is the fact that our borders are still (and probably will) be left open. Unless the border patrol goes on strike, I do not see of any way to influence our foolish politicians that we need to secure our borders before granting American citizenship.

Darnell Clayton on May 19, 2007 at 12:59 AM

Considering what McVain has done to destroy this country?

That’s open to debate, if you ask me.

Misha I on May 18, 2007 at 8:54 PM

No, that’s not open to debate. That’s a disgusting sentiment which belongs on Democratic Underground or Daily Kos, not here, and if you don’t recognize that, you aren’t fit to hold John McCain’s jockstrap.

He may be a rotten Republican and a lousy senator, but he served this country honorably and he deserves to be treated with some respect for that. Be better than that, for crying out loud! There are lots of respectable ways to criticize him for this immigration bill monstrosity, but Hanoi death wishes are uncalled for!

Kensington on May 19, 2007 at 1:03 AM

csdeven on May 18, 2007 at 11:27 PM

csdeven, my friend, by the time you get to know all you ‘boys’, you will fall madly in love with one good Southern gent named Fred.

Entelechy on May 19, 2007 at 1:55 AM

Kensington on May 19, 2007 at 1:03 AM

Thank you. That’s not only “not open to debate”, it’s down right despicable.

Entelechy on May 19, 2007 at 2:03 AM

BUILD THE FENCE.

ENFORCE THE EXISTING LAWS.

VOTE OUT THE TREASONOUS PIMPS.

profitsbeard on May 19, 2007 at 2:25 AM

cmay on May 18, 2007 at 10:31 PM

Sorry, I must have fallen off the wrong side of the bed.

stonemeister on May 19, 2007 at 4:01 AM

What to do with all the illegal immigrants….nobody remembers Soylent Green? What a perfect carbon offset. I’m surprised Gore hasn’t thought of this yet.

Coronagold on May 19, 2007 at 6:27 AM

csdeven on May 18, 2007 at 11:30 PM

I’ve no doubt that this is big business driven. The editor of the WSJ, Paul Gigot, is a big open borders advocate. The net effect for businesses is lowering the cost of labor. This can be passed on to the consumer in the form of lower cost for goods.

But this doesn’t necessarily help the consumer. The goods that are produced are of lower quality and have to be repaired or replaced more often; again helping out big businesses. Also, the other costs usually borne by the business are passed on to local communities. For example, most of these workers are without medical insurance. So they only use the more expensive emergency room services that will be paid for out of Medicaid or absorbed by the hospital. This raises your taxes and the cost of medical care across the board. But big business is off the hook. Granting illegals in-state tuition also has the net effect of raising your taxes.

We citizens also have to pay for illegals with the higher crime rates that they bring. To put to rest any canard that these are good strong family folks who are searching for a future outside of their dead end lives in neighboring third world: The crime rate and illegitimacy rates are astronomical in these enclaves. And when I say crime, I mean really violent stuff.

I don’t want to sound like I’m paranoid of big business. But the WSJ crowd is only looking at the short term effects of open borders. All Gigot and employers care about is lowering wages. And McCain is paid much more by them than by us.

cmay on May 19, 2007 at 7:59 AM

McCain will never win the nomination. Unlike Bush, McCain will look you in the eye and admit he’s more of a liberal….Bush looked us all in the eye and lied that he was a conservative. At least with McCain you know where he stands. Now…just build the damn fence.

lynnv on May 19, 2007 at 8:18 AM

I just sent an email thanking Senator Cornyn for opposing McCain and suggested we do not need any bill that gives amnesty.

We just need to eliminate the ability for illegals to get jobs and benefits – then the majority of them will not have a reason to stay here.

And sent a similar email to Senator Hutchison.

Comments from enough voters will influence those who need votes.

roydee43 on May 19, 2007 at 8:25 AM

Entelechy on May 19, 2007 at 1:55 AM

hahaha! You might be right!

csdeven on May 19, 2007 at 8:38 AM

Anyone else notice that the ENTIRE Right is playing defense now, on EVERYTHING? Defense, defense, defense. Unless we figure out how we got here and do something drastic to reverse it, fast, we’re doomed to Democrat majorities for generations.

Halley on May 19, 2007 at 8:49 AM

cmay on May 19, 2007 at 7:59 AM

I have been so blindly ¡PISSED OFF! about this for two days that I didn’t even consider the other costs involved that we have to pay. I understand the labor costs issue as I ran a business for many years. But I never wanted to become super rich. I was more interested in paying a decent wage to my employees. As the owner, I of course made more than my employees because I took a lions share of the risk. But I tried to keep that responsibilty in context. Too many owners feel that taking those risks entitle them to super-rich status while some employees live in relative squalid condistions.

I don’t like preaching morality to people, but to me, this lust for wealth is a root cause of societys ills.

All of us have involvement in many different communities. We have…..

1) Family community
2) Neighborhood community
3) Work community
4) Local community
5) State community
6) National community
7) World community

When we disconnect from these communities, they all suffer. The closer we get to the top communities the more society is affected. Too many super-rich people disconnect at #2. Unless of course, those in their neighborhood community are rich like they are. Thus the reason for the 15′ walls around their gated fortresses. Crime is a reason, but for the most part, the reason is for exclusivity.

Don’t get me wrong, I am a capitalist through and through, but I like having open communities where the gap between the haves and the have nots is only affected by ones desire to engage in honest work. I drove decent cars and lived in a modest safe neighborhood, but I could have drove fancy cars and lived in a gated community. But my employees had decent cars and lived in nice neighborhoods. No one will ever know who I am. I wont leave millions for my kids. I wont travel the world in retirement. But I know I did something for people that will enrich their lives and their families lives for the rest of their lives. And these people are not annonomous faces on a donation database. I know these people and they know me. We are a community and I am personally connected to them, and they are personally connected to me.

The comfort of wealth will never be able to purchase that.

csdeven on May 19, 2007 at 9:06 AM

csdeven on May 19, 2007 at 9:06 AM

csdeven, outstanding comment!

Neocon Peg on May 19, 2007 at 10:07 AM

The arrogance of these elitist twits is remarkable.

MCPO Airdale on May 19, 2007 at 10:30 AM

If you build it they will not come!

Build it for crying out loud! Then figure out what laws to pass, rules to enforce…blah, blah blah.

4shoes on May 19, 2007 at 11:04 AM

I have never, nor will I ever disparage his outstanding military record in service of our country. It is unimpeachable and something of which any man can be justifiably proud.

That doesn’t give him a pass on subsequent actions, however. They’re two different subject matters.

Kensington on May 19, 2007 at 1:03 AM

That, however, I agree with. The dangers of posting hyperbole when angry and yes, I was and *am* angry, ticked off beyond belief at that sellout and the utter destruction of our country that will follow if his beloved Benedict Arnold Bill of ’07 passes.

Nevertheless, I agree that I should have taken a deep breath before posting. If nothing else, then because I could’ve made my point better if I had, so point taken.

Misha I on May 19, 2007 at 1:02 PM

mccain is worthless..completely. I feel pretty confident he will not see the Presidency. I noticed mccain couldn’t handle the chris wallace interview when he was asked about mccain feingold. He knows he is a sell out and is very touchy about it..so this cuss episode does not surprise me.

His whole *we torture* and the world hates us..so pass my bill /evil smile manipulation really pissed me off last debate.

I thank him for his service to our country in the armed forces, but that is as far as I go with him.

Highrise on May 19, 2007 at 1:08 PM

Misha I on May 19, 2007 at 1:02 PM

It’s great that you had the courage to post this Misha. Many of us are mad but we can belabor him for his senatorial actions and keep it at that, as you stated.

He was and will remain a great man for his service, and we should all never forget to honor that.

On the other hand, his temper and attitude have gotten him in many a pickle over time. In this round, all this, his record, and his age and health will prevent him from getting nominated. He’s very frustrated and he can’t control his temper. He forgot to “take a deep breath” too, often times. This bill will be his last huraaaah. I predict he will retire after this term.

Entelechy on May 19, 2007 at 2:03 PM

What is wrong with the following, (1) secure the border and (2) start deporting illegals. It would take several years but it makes a lot more sense than this bill and it would be a permanent fix to a problem that should have never happened.

duff65 on May 19, 2007 at 2:27 PM

Thanks. When I’m out of line, I’m out of line (much as I hate to admit it, it does happen from time to time :-) ), and I felt that I owed it to those of you who pointed it out to let you know that I got your point and agreed with it after I’d had the chance to take a couple of deep breaths and think it over calmly.

Misha I on May 19, 2007 at 4:24 PM

The ‘non-amnesty’ bill and “magical thinkng” -

In a sane world, it would be dismissed as the shameless political exercise it surely is.

Entelechy on May 19, 2007 at 4:56 PM