Audio: Fred! on Hamas’s Mickey Maus show

posted at 9:25 am on May 16, 2007 by Allahpundit

Me, six days ago:

The irony of all the coverage of this episode is that Hamas routinely airs footage of its brainwashing sessions with Palestinian children…

The only reason this is on the media’s radar screen now is because Hamas is using an iconic American symbol of innocence to tacitly justify suicide bombings. Take away Mickey and the illicit thrill that comes with seeing him turned to the dark side and it’s a non-story.

Fred, yesterday:

This message isn’t new by the way. The ruling Palestinian party, Hamas, produces music videos that encourage the youngest children to become suicide bombers…

We hardly ever hear about this stuff though. What made the Mickey Mouse video go viral, to use the Internet term, was its use of an image we’re all familiar with. We know Mickey Mouse as a symbol of childhood happiness and innocence. It’s shocking to see this image used to encourage children to become terrorists.

Obvious points all, I admit, but if I can catch a little reflected Fred glory here, so be it. He’s got my vote now — assuming Rudy drops out, of course.

CNS has excerpts from an interview given Monday to Hamas TV by head Mausketeer “Uncle Hazim,” who, if nothing else, is refreshingly candid in his aspirations for Islam:

Sha’arawi went on to say that historically, Jews and Christians were “happy” living under Islamic rule.

“Therefore, when we talk [on the program] about the mission of the restoration of Islam to its natural [dominant] place, we’re calling for justice, and for goodness, and for world love … so that the Christians will live in peace, and that even the Jews will live in peace and security,” he said.

Exit question: When is Fred going to agree to an intervew for Vent?

Comments

Fred or Rudy? Rudy or Fred? How about Rudy AND Fred!

Farmer_Joe on May 16, 2007 at 9:31 AM

Farmer_Joe on May 16, 2007 at 9:31 AM

There’s another combo I could live with.

amerpundit on May 16, 2007 at 9:33 AM

Fred or Rudy? Rudy or Fred? How about Rudy AND Fred!

Neither one of them will accept the bottom of the ticket. Fred has explicitly said so.

Allahpundit on May 16, 2007 at 9:36 AM

Et tu AP? Et tu?

csdeven on May 16, 2007 at 9:38 AM

Exit question: When is Fred going to agree to an intervew for Vent?

As soon as he is assured that he will not have to answer any tough questions, or gets to go one ANOTHER rhetorical rant filled with folksy wisdom designed to mesmerize the groupies.

csdeven on May 16, 2007 at 9:40 AM

Exit question: When is Fred going to agree to an intervew for Vent?

Soon I hope but probably not until HA and The Vent give promises that csdeven will be hogtied and gagged backstage for a little after interview entertainment.
(sorry cs….I couldn’t resist:)

An HA interview will be a big hit for Fred! and he won’t pass up the chance to be on a new media blockbuster.

Limerick on May 16, 2007 at 9:41 AM

Allahpundit on May 16, 2007 at 9:36 AM

I don’t know about Rudy. He hasn’t been opposed to it. I think he’d accept it, if asked.

amerpundit on May 16, 2007 at 9:45 AM

And it would be a killer ticket. The supporters of Fred, and Rudy, and we’d win in 08.

amerpundit on May 16, 2007 at 9:45 AM

Fred and Rudy would be a killa, but is unlikely

I think the final ticket will be Frudy/Romney

liberrocky on May 16, 2007 at 9:57 AM

(sorry cs….I couldn’t resist:)
Limerick on May 16, 2007 at 9:41 AM

I deserve it. :-)

csdeven on May 16, 2007 at 10:00 AM

Exit question: When is Fred going to agree to an intervew for Vent?

csdeven on May 16, 2007 at 9:40 AM

“Blah blah blah groupies blah blah”…
Truly pathological.

tickleddragon on May 16, 2007 at 10:06 AM

Limerick on May 16, 2007 at 9:41 AM

Lim, I will personally volunteer to do the bounding. I’ve got some poking in the ribs to catch up on.

tickleddragon on May 16, 2007 at 10:07 AM

I’m looking at the second tier candidates as possible veeps for Mitt!. A promise of a Huckabee type COULD help him with his only real weakness (his religion).

Tancredo as head of Homeland security?

Rudy as SecDef?

Hunter as SecState?

¿freddie boy? as White House press secretary. NEVER has there been a perfect person for that job. This would give his groupies a perfect forum to keep his rhetoric out front and center. his folksy colloquielisms would be sweet, sweet, smake down of david Gregory et al.

Gregory: When DID President Romney first have sex with his wife?

¿fred?: When did you stop beating your wife?

csdeven on May 16, 2007 at 10:10 AM

He’s got my vote now — assuming Rudy drops out, of course.

My opinion as well.

And man what a ticket!

docob on May 16, 2007 at 10:13 AM

When is Fred going to agree to an intervew for Vent?

Perhaps he’s waiting for a call from the Boss!

Dread Pirate Roberts VI on May 16, 2007 at 10:15 AM

Are you forgettin’ the Snowman? Tony is L33T!

liberrocky on May 16, 2007 at 10:17 AM

Will Fred! start to run now please?

Iblis on May 16, 2007 at 10:17 AM

How about if he announces on Hot Air!

KCSteve on May 16, 2007 at 10:20 AM

Are you forgettin’ the Snowman? Tony is L33T!

liberrocky on May 16, 2007 at 10:17 AM

I don’t think Mitt! will keep tony on.

L33T?

csdeven on May 16, 2007 at 10:22 AM

How about if he announces on Hot Air!

KCSteve on May 16, 2007 at 10:20 AM

Announcing on HA would do more for HA’s prestige than Fred!’s, but I would love to have him do an interview here.

dalewalt on May 16, 2007 at 10:23 AM

Ok, ok. I give up. I know that I should know this, but who in the world is Fred! ?

AteMyFoot on May 16, 2007 at 10:26 AM

L33T?
csdeven on May 16, 2007 at 10:22 AM

L33T is geekspeak for elite. “Fred is t3h r0xx0rz!”

Vote Frudy!

liberrocky on May 16, 2007 at 10:26 AM

AteMyFoot on May 16, 2007 at 10:26 AM

He’s that guy married to the next First Lady.

News2Use on May 16, 2007 at 10:29 AM

AteMyFoot on May 16, 2007 at 10:26 AM

Welcome. Love the screen name!
Fred! is ex-senator of TN, current actor, soon to be candidate. Also always remember the “!” when posting. It will save you a future IRS audit.

Limerick on May 16, 2007 at 10:29 AM

Allahpundit on May 16, 2007 at 9:36 AM

So we take Fred/Watts and win!

Tim Burton on May 16, 2007 at 10:50 AM

Limerick on May 16, 2007 at 10:29 AM

Fred! Thompson, to be exact.

dalewalt on May 16, 2007 at 10:53 AM

AteMyFoot on May 16, 2007 at 10:26 AM

Only thomposons groupies use the “!” with his name. The guy only talks about running. He isn’t even a candidate and he is included in polls geared specifically toward real candidates. I, and other level headed folks, use “?” and lower case “f” when refering to ¿fred? because he refuses to announce he will run. He doesn’t give interviews with reporters who will ask him tough questions and he gives prepared speeches to friendly audiences. His record as a Senator is weak. He has a red pickup he drives to rallys, but drives it out of supporters sight and gets in a limo while a staffer drives the red pickup away. He had a dismal performance in the 90′s when he was to find a link between clinton and the chinese. He was pro-choice in 1994.

He mesmerizes people with his folksy sayings. I am immune to his rhetoric and until he actually becomes a candidate, he will remain ¿fred?.

This is my little pet cause until he makes a decision and I poke fun at my friends the groupies just to keep some levity going. we really aren’t very far apart ideologically.

csdeven on May 16, 2007 at 11:07 AM

And AteMyFoot, csdeven, is a snarky Mitt/McCain fan that trolls the Fred! threads insulting the Fredfolks over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over…

consider him our BROKEN RECORD.

Hopefully, he’ll shut up once Fred announces…or at least move on to the next skip in the album.

tickleddragon on May 16, 2007 at 11:15 AM

Assuming Rudy gets out? Well-LOL-we’ve got you half-way there! Congrats on the always great coverage!

DCJeff on May 16, 2007 at 11:24 AM

Only thomposons groupies use the “!” with his name. The guy only talks about running. He isn’t even a candidate and he is included in polls geared specifically toward real candidates. I, and other level headed folks, use “?” and lower case “f” when refering to ¿fred? because he refuses to announce he will run. He doesn’t give interviews with reporters who will ask him tough questions and he gives prepared speeches to friendly audiences. His record as a Senator is weak. He has a red pickup he drives to rallys, but drives it out of supporters sight and gets in a limo while a staffer drives the red pickup away. He had a dismal performance in the 90’s when he was to find a link between clinton and the chinese. He was pro-choice in 1994.

csdeven on May 16, 2007 at 11:07 AM

At last some substantial comments from csdeven, even if laced with further innuendo. Fair enough, let’s declare it a “shaky ceasefire” ^^.

Aylios on May 16, 2007 at 11:25 AM

Allah, you ingrate. Obviously, Fred!’s a big fan. You could maybe throw him a bone, here?

Jaibones on May 16, 2007 at 11:35 AM

AteMyFoot on May 16, 2007 at 10:26 AM

Dude.

This is what you get for watching the GOP debates. You don’t know the players

Jaibones on May 16, 2007 at 11:38 AM

I heard Tommy Thompson interviewed by Dennis Miller and thought it might be interesting if Fred! chose him as running mate.

Thompson/Thompson ’08

The Monster on May 16, 2007 at 11:38 AM

Thompson/Thompson ‘08
The Monster on May 16, 2007 at 11:38 AM

Darn! I though your meant Thompson/Miller ’08!

Catseye on May 16, 2007 at 11:57 AM

Exit question: When is Fred going to agree to an intervew for Vent?

Post announcement. But he has our readership in his corner already. Hopefully he will not neglect us.

Theworldisnotenough on May 16, 2007 at 12:12 PM

When is Fred going to agree to an intervew for Vent?

Funny, after I read “if I can catch a little reflected Fred glory here, so be it,” I was going to ask if you’d written to offer him a commenter ID.

p.s. – Thompson/Miller would be awesome, but I can’t even imagine the skeletons they’d find in Dennis Miller’s closet. And I say that with love.

Tanya on May 16, 2007 at 12:13 PM

tickleddragon on May 16, 2007 at 11:15 AM

Perhaps I’m missing something here, but I’ve only ever seen csdeven get excited about Mitt Romney. I don’t think I’ve ever seen him (her? – It’s teh internetz, I don’t know!) support McCain.

And csdeven only pokes fun at the Fred! folks because it gets a reaction. Which is cool. CS gets a reaction and is happy. Fred! fans get a reason to explain how awesome Fred is and are happy. The rest of us get to read the show and are happy. Win-Win-Win.

JadeNYU on May 16, 2007 at 12:32 PM

Thanks to everyone who clued me in. Now I know. :)

AteMyFoot on May 16, 2007 at 12:43 PM

JadeNYU on May 16, 2007 at 12:32 PM

Well, if you guys don’t get as freakin tired of it as I do, fine.

But I’m frankly sick and da$n tired of hearing us referred to as “groupies” and “idiots” and “overemotional”.

I’m none of these things, and the repetitive shite is well beyond tired.

tickleddragon on May 16, 2007 at 12:56 PM

Fred or Rudy? Rudy or Fred? How about Rudy AND Fred!

One of them may have to sacrifice his ego to make the Republican team that much more powerful. Imagine what a broad appeal they would have!

AlexB on May 16, 2007 at 1:20 PM

Allahpundit on May 16, 2007 at 9:36 AM

After Fred! gets nominated, Rudy will be happy to be his chosen VP. There’s always 2012, and 2016, and Fred might run for a one-term (though once in they can’t leave – the thrills of power are addictive).

tickleddragon, csdeven hasn’t called us the “orgies” yet :)
Please don’t get mad at csdeven, who will gladly pull that trigger in 2008. The myriad of rants will be right here in the HA vault. The rest of us will politely forget about them, and not remind ours csdeven of the errant rants of today. In the victory party all will be forgiven.

Entelechy on May 16, 2007 at 1:47 PM

Message to Hamas TV by head Mausketeer “Uncle Hazim”, who thinks he knows what will make me happy….

I would be MOST HAPPIEST if someone dropped a MOAB on top of your head. Thankyouverymuch!

georgej on May 16, 2007 at 2:18 PM

I’m looking at the second tier candidates as possible veeps for Mitt!.

Once Fred announces in three weeks, Flip Flop Mitt will be a second tier candidate, if not already given his lack of support.

Before last night I was willing to entertain Flipper Mitt as an alternative to Fred, but once he uttered support for the “assault weapons” ban, he just got crossed off the list permanently.

Mitt is clearly just another RINO pandering to the Republican base who would immediately flip back to his “moderate” past in the highly unlikely event he somehow got the nomination.

Hollowpoint on May 16, 2007 at 2:32 PM

Hollowpoint on May 16, 2007 at 2:32 PM

If ¿freddie boy? is gonna wait three weeks, he risks further alienating those who are not his groupies. We have several candidates who are already earning their stripes the hard way, who have no less issues to explain than ¿fred? does. PLUS, they have tons more executive experience that will be cleary evident when he actually has to talk in an unfriendly enviroment. That is if they ever let him into debates this late. The second ¿fred? gets in, the other candidates are going to be all over him like ugly on an ape. He’s gonna be spending so much time defending his weaknesses, he wont get the air time to do anything but that.

csdeven on May 16, 2007 at 4:52 PM

csdeven, get a glass of clear/cold water – last night was very civilized. I saw none of that “like ugly on an ape”, and don’t anticipate any in the near future.

Entelechy on May 16, 2007 at 5:22 PM

Darn! I though your meant Thompson/Miller ‘08!

Catseye on May 16, 2007 at 11:57 AM

Miller for press secretary (assuming Tony does not stay). That would certainly make press conferences more entertaining!

IrishEyes on May 16, 2007 at 6:54 PM

Rudy’s demand that Ron Paul retract his statements was as close as you’ll see to one R getting “all over” another R.

IrishEyes, I’d be pleased to see Dennis Miller become press secretary, but I’d be a bit concerned as well. Few comics think on their feet quicker than Miller, but that isn’t always a good thing in that post. The job is to represent the President, and it would only take one of Miller’s rants to go off course and it would be a disaster. It would be funny, but still a disaster.

Freelancer on May 16, 2007 at 7:12 PM

Entelechy on May 16, 2007 at 5:22 PM

They have to attack fred?. The media is falling all over themselves annointing him a true conservative and giving him free press. The only way to counter that free press is to point out his ties to insider lobbists, his pro-choice stance in 1994, his failure to nail the clinton/china connection, and other weaknesses he has yet to answer for.

I think the ugly on an ape analogy is actually being quite kind.

csdeven on May 17, 2007 at 12:24 AM