Seeking Justice for an American Hero

posted at 9:16 am on May 14, 2007 by Bryan

An irresponsible truck driver struck and killed a US soldier on his way home from Iraq via Kuwait. Stak Attack tells us about Kuwait’s callousness in response to the tragedy, and the family’s fight for justice.

Download for your iPod

Comments

Kuwait doesn’t see itself as an ingrate — they didn’t ask for our help. They hate us as much as any Islamic country, but they’re willing to take money from the infidels.

stonemeister on May 14, 2007 at 10:22 AM

I can’t think of a time when they’d ever gave blood money to an Infidel, unless it served their own best interest. That’s the Muslim way. I’m just sorry we have to lose so many good people before we lean this old lesson.

KCtheKat on May 14, 2007 at 10:34 AM

Odds are the driver of the truck was not a Kuwaiti citizen, but a Third Country National. Also, odds are that he was shipped home (Probably either India or Bangladesh) soon after the accident happened.

BohicaTwentyTwo on May 14, 2007 at 11:34 AM

What a sad story. I certainly hope that these clowns lose their contract-let’s hope someone has some Malkin’s and follows through on this.
Stonemeister, I was over in the sandbox in 1991 & spent sometime in Kuwait City. At that time they were very thankful for the US military coming to their rescue.
My husband said that when he came through in Feb. of this year on his way home they weren’t quite so friendly as they had been on his previous trips and nothing like they were in 91 when he was there too.

Catie96706 on May 14, 2007 at 12:04 PM

Question: Why didn’t the family initiate legal proceedings in Kuwati court as suggested by that government? What is the rest of the story?

omegaram on May 14, 2007 at 1:47 PM

That is a sad story. I’m glad you picked this up Erick. I’m emailing my senators here in Pennsylvania so I can throw in my 2 cents.

Zorro on May 14, 2007 at 7:51 PM