Heart-ache: Rupert Murdoch announces Fox News will go green

posted at 5:44 pm on May 10, 2007 by Allahpundit

Not just Fox News, of course, but all of News Corp., the goal being company-wide carbon neutrality by 2010. Rumor has it that, as part of the new green consciousness, the boss will be dispatched to Giants Stadium to cover Live Earth for FNC. Will she land the coveted exclusive interview with noted environmentalist Jon Bon Jovi? Tune in July 7th to find out!

No, no, just kidding about the Live Earth stuff. I hope.

If the word does come down, though, I suggest she ask to cover the concert in Rio. And bring the whole damned HA crew with her.

Exit question: Which fight’s going better right now, Iraq or the global-warming debunking?

Update: If the Fox haters weren’t all lefties, this would be the perfect countermeasure.

Comments

I don’t have any problem with going “carbon neutral” if it helps slow pollution… but when “global warming” is the cause (which it obviously is), I find it beyond annoying. Murdoch should know better. Of course, he’s a business man, and he can sort of rub this in the face of all the other (liberal) networks who have not made the pledge he has.

RightWinged on May 10, 2007 at 5:47 PM

The awesomeness of that site is immeasurable!

RightWinged on May 10, 2007 at 5:48 PM

I can’t say screw you Fox, ain’t watching you no more, cause I already did that, the day they hired Geraldo.

Screw em anyway.

Jose Chupacabra on May 10, 2007 at 5:52 PM

I just hope he isn’t buying offsets from Gore.

Hey wait a minute… doesn’t Gore’s offset company invest in companies that are working to reduce emissions? Could Gore end up becoming an investor in Fox News? That would be sweet, sweet irony!

Farmer_Joe on May 10, 2007 at 5:58 PM

The U.S. show will feature live on stage: AFI, AKON,ALICIA KEYS, BON JOVI, DAVE MATTHEWS BAND, FALL OUT BOY, JOHN MAYER, KANYE WEST,KELLY CLARKSON, KT TUNSTALL, LUDACRIS, MELISSA ETHERIDGE, RIHANNA, ROGER WATERS, SHERYL CROW, SMASHING PUMPKINS, THE POLICE

Wanna hear my idea for an interview?

RedWinged Blackbird on May 10, 2007 at 6:00 PM

Actually, not a bad move. All the lefties who claim Fox and Republicans hate the environment, and try to destroy it – can’t. How many other networks have made themselves carbon neutral? Fox, who the left despises, has.

amerpundit on May 10, 2007 at 6:00 PM

There is nothing wacky or liberal about going green if there are good economic reasons for it.

I spent some time researching CFL Bulbs and decided that it was a good move for me.

As long as it is not imposed through government regulation and each individual is allowed to choose the degree of “greenness” they prefer, I have no issue with it.

I think having a good environment and being energy efficient are good conservative valuse, as long as we are allowed to choose to do it instead of being forced to do it.

Don’t get me wrong, I do not buy into the man made Global Warming BS and I drive a Lincoln Navigator, however, I would buy a car with better mileage if I were to buy one today not because of Global Warming, bur because I am tired of sending my money to Chavez in South America and those maniacs in the Middle East.

JayHaw Phrenzie on May 10, 2007 at 6:02 PM

With their ratings, they have been in the “GREEN” for years.

The best part is FOX (as noted by RightWinged) is the first to go carbon neutral, now what do the other stations do?…follow FOX?
This is why Murdoch is at the top of the game. Each time another network announces the same course, FOX states they are proud to have been the ones that paved the way.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Now if they just would dump Geraldo.

right2bright on May 10, 2007 at 6:05 PM

Maybe this will camouflage Murdoch’s rapacious intent.
Like a gardenia in the lapel of a blood-soaked marauder.

Stephen M on May 10, 2007 at 6:05 PM

JayHaw is a pussy.

(kidding)

Editor on May 10, 2007 at 6:06 PM

That’s the most ironic thing about all this global warming hysteria. It just might cause a lot of people to do the right thing for the wrong reason.

RedWinged Blackbird on May 10, 2007 at 6:08 PM

JayHaw Phrenzie on May 10, 2007 at 6:02 PM

Is it me or is it strange the government gives women the right to kill their preborn babies but may not let us decide what kind of light bulb we can use?

Wade on May 10, 2007 at 6:11 PM

No Wade, it’s not you and yes it is strange. To the left light bulbs are much more important than fetuses.

Buzzy on May 10, 2007 at 6:17 PM

Iraq.

steveegg on May 10, 2007 at 6:19 PM

I’ve gotta get me one of those “My carbon footprint is bigger than yours” t-shirts!

peski on May 10, 2007 at 6:19 PM

peski on May 10, 2007 at 6:19 PM

Size counts

Wade on May 10, 2007 at 6:22 PM

If she did, would you go?

Valiant on May 10, 2007 at 6:24 PM

That makes two of us.

Ian on May 10, 2007 at 6:26 PM

Guys, repeat after me.

CARBON

NEUTRALITY

IS

A

SCAM!!!

fusionaddict on May 10, 2007 at 6:28 PM

JayHaw, look into what happens when you break one of them there CFL bulbs. It costs soooo much more to clean up after one of those than you save by buying/using them.

They are, after all, hazardous materials.

tickleddragon on May 10, 2007 at 6:33 PM

Clearly a bigger surge is needed on both counts.

But GW debunking is in far better shape. Every day, practically on drudge, there is another story of some prominent scientist saying “no no no, not so fast” If the left’s idea of solving global warming is “carbon credits” then fine, let them do nothing and spend their money while they do it and feel good. I don’t care, really.

lorien1973 on May 10, 2007 at 6:34 PM

Now if they just would dump Geraldo.

right2bright on May 10, 2007 at 6:05 PM

Throw Shep in there and sign me up. His latest? Yesterday he essentially accused those who want to secure the border of being racists. During a discussion on the issue with a couple guests he said it was our fault that they’re here, that we begged them to come for the cheap labor while the work force was all working, and now people turn around and see faces in their neighborhoods that don’t look like them and now they’re upset. Ad this to the Katrina coverage, the Cho coverage, his stating as fact that the Playboy/anti-Harold Ford Jr. ad was racist (despite the fact that not a single logical person would say that, just those trying to score political points by calling our side racists), etc. etc.

RightWinged on May 10, 2007 at 6:41 PM

Bingo.

heh heh heh

Bob's Kid on May 10, 2007 at 6:58 PM

Hmmm…

Based on the way you asked that… Iraq.

Jones Zemkophill on May 10, 2007 at 7:01 PM

I am carbon chaotic neutral so I pretty much do whatever I want.

mojowire on May 10, 2007 at 7:10 PM

Planting trees does squat for sequestering carbon, because something would have grown there soon enough if the ground is not paved over, plus eventually the tree will just die and turn back into CO2 eventually. Real sequestering comes by bulldozing down trees, burying them under non-biodegradable plastic and dirt so the trees don’t decay, and then planting new ones on top. Fox should earn credits just for educating people how to really sequester carbon. Another great way is to fill landfills with disposable diapers.

pedestrian on May 10, 2007 at 7:12 PM

I am carbon chaotic neutral so I pretty much do whatever I want.

A rare D&D joke!

lorien1973 on May 10, 2007 at 8:02 PM

Whatever. They will throw away a whole lot of money, and gain nothing in return. Nothing to see here folks, move along…

NRA4Freedom on May 10, 2007 at 8:02 PM

A rare D&D joke!

lorien1973 on May 10, 2007 at 8:02 PM

These days, D&D is a joke. Or more accurately, a punchline.

ScottMcC on May 10, 2007 at 8:21 PM

That makes two of us.

Ian on May 10, 2007 at 6:26 PM

Ian, you probably meant that makes 2 of you asking to go…I read it and smiled ‘that makes 2 of us (going), BP and Ian’, because AP can’t be seen in Rio. There are always disguises, of course. May your wish come through :)

Entelechy on May 10, 2007 at 9:09 PM

Carbon Neutral?

Yesterday I pushed over about 30 trees and made a burn pile. I let the tractor idle when I didn’t need to. And I use some of the curly-Q fluorescent bulbs only because when they burn out, I can bust them open and release the mercury into the environment.

I want my carbon footprint to be a size 140.

TugboatPhil on May 10, 2007 at 9:12 PM

Aww, AP could go. Under a different name, pretending to be a behind-the-scenes guy or something. Who would know?

kate q on May 10, 2007 at 9:26 PM

It’s amazing that it takes a hoax to get people to care about the environment.

Mojave Mark on May 10, 2007 at 9:46 PM

RedWinged Blackbird on May 10, 2007 at 6:08 PM

Actually, the worst thing is it makes people do the wrong thing for the wrong reason, i.e. to spite the Goracle followers. I personally think global warming is bunk after gettin edumacated, but cutting back on fossil fuels and conservation are easy to do even owning an SUV and running the AC at 65.

SouthernDem on May 10, 2007 at 9:47 PM

It’s amazing that it takes a hoax to get people to care about the environment.
Mojave Mark on May 10, 2007 at 9:46 PM

Exactly.

SouthernDem on May 10, 2007 at 9:48 PM

So Murdoch has decided to join up with the green weenie scammers, what a shame. But they have been moving steadily to the left sense they got started. I use to visit their website daily for new, but I stopped that a couple of years ago after they started putting Associated Press stories on the site. Of course a few weeks ago we actually had Shepherd Smith telling us we needed to read up on global warming because its happening, I lost all respect for him after that. I hardly watch Fox anymore.

Maxx on May 10, 2007 at 10:17 PM

I could use that carbon debtor. Got too many trees around the ole homestead. Can’t get DirecTv. Damn.

Iblis on May 10, 2007 at 10:43 PM

CarbonDeductions.com is on a mission: Taking away Al Gore’s carbon credits… rolling back Al Gore’s carbon credits by selling carbon debits. Carbon debits can be purchased on behalf of another person, and Algore will be notified of each carbon debit sold. The site is new, but already they report their sale of carbon debits has reversed 1,497 Algore carbon credits.

I’m buying a carbon debit and dedicating it to Rupert.

petefrt on May 10, 2007 at 11:27 PM

Thanks AP! I went to that carbon debit site and purchased a t-shirt but ONLY because it was made in a coal-fired plant. Well, that and I really do have a large carbon footprint.

CliffHanger on May 10, 2007 at 11:56 PM

TugboatPhil on May 10, 2007 at 9:12 PM

With a handle like that, I’ll bet your carbon footprint is bigger than mine. I salute you!

CliffHanger on May 11, 2007 at 12:01 AM

Ha! I didn’t follow your link, AP. I see you beat me to it. Good!

Selling carbon debits is a perfect way to showcase the phoniness of it all. I’m hoping Rush will do something along these lines too.

petefrt on May 11, 2007 at 12:03 AM

Another great way is to fill landfills with disposable diapers.

I kid you not, a few short years ago I had 4 kids in diapers (Trips and a newborn a little more than a year later). The trash can got so heavy with soiled disposable diapers the garbage man would occasionally refuse to dump it into his truck because it exceeded the “weight limit”.

Anyway, I did my part to increase carbon debits even before this crazy carbon credit concept was born.

CliffHanger on May 11, 2007 at 12:11 AM

I’ll have a little horseradish with that rare prime rib, of course with some salad GREENS on the side.

P.S. A little extra butter and sour cream on that baker, please.

hillbillyjim on May 11, 2007 at 12:46 AM

Rightwinged, you are correct as usual. A pox on Shep(herder) and Geraldo; Fox was so much better without their psuedo-news reporting.

hillbillyjim on May 11, 2007 at 12:55 AM

This is dumb. I can’t describe it any other way. Going green does nothing and buying carbon credits is a complete scam. 10 years from now we will be watching the carbon credit mongers appear in court for fooling people into believe that giving them money is helping the environment.

Fox News is just another name on the list of large corporations trying to pacify the loony left. Rupert, please! Save your dignity!

Nate A. on May 11, 2007 at 1:20 AM

Who needs carbon debits? The debits come from all the libs flying around in their private jets. It’s like the Avignon Papacy only they’ve renamed the indulgences.

What? Isn’t it like 80% of the CO2 is withing the first 30 feet of atmosphere? Doesn’t the water vapor makes almost all of it? Whose are scientists here? I teach computers.

Mojave Mark on May 11, 2007 at 1:21 AM

They are, after all, hazardous materials.

tickleddragon on May 10, 2007 at 6:33 PM

To dispel that, I refer to Snopes:

JayHaw Phrenzie on May 11, 2007 at 1:35 AM

See that ship? It’s sailed.

honora on May 11, 2007 at 9:04 AM

arbon Neutral?

I want my carbon footprint to be a size 140.

TugboatPhil on May 10, 2007 at 9:12 PM

See this is the type of attitude that is just sad and pathetic.

I can understand your disdain for carbon offsets, I’m not really convinced they are anything worthwhile either. I can even understand your skepticism towards man-made global warming.

But no matter your political views, being environmentally conscience and doing what you can to leave the planet in better shape than we inherited is a noble goal. It’s like the old boy-scout mantra of leaving a campsite in better condition than you found it. Purposely destroying the environment and polluting the earth out of spite is simply amoral and unconscionable.

That would be like someone getting pregnant just so they could abort the fetus and piss off pro-lifers…

JaHerer22 on May 11, 2007 at 9:31 AM

Exactly. Murdoch sees some economic advantage to going green is some ways and makes the most of it -makeing all the left-leaning media outlets look bad.

Not to mention that it seems that while the left does all the talking about going green -jetting and caravanning all over the country, its the conservatives who always seem to do the job (compare Gore’s private residence to that of GWB).

taznar on May 11, 2007 at 9:59 AM

JaHerer22 on May 11, 2007 at 9:31 AM

Can you spell S..A..R..C..A..S..M..?

right2bright on May 11, 2007 at 10:23 AM

JayHaw Phrenzie on May 11, 2007 at 1:35 AM

We all know that it is an aberrant story. It just points out the falacy of making policy over something as stupid as a light bulb.
My god, illiteracy rates are increasing, murder in the inner cities is rampant, are borders are like a sieve, schools are not educating, people flying around in private jets are telling us to cut back on carbon whatever, and congress is thinking about a stinking light bulb.

right2bright on May 11, 2007 at 10:28 AM

JaHerer22 on May 11, 2007 at 9:31 AM

TugboatPhil… You’ve got a live one on the line! Reel it in, baby!

CliffHanger on May 11, 2007 at 12:38 PM

right2bright on May 11, 2007 at 10:28 AM

Right, and don’t forget there are Islamofascists who want us dead! But yeah, let’s work on that hot-button light bulb issue.

I’ve actually tried compact flourescents in my home and guess what? In addition to being expensive, they take a while to warm up to full brightness AND many of them burned out prematurely. So, I’m again using incandescent and halogen lights. As well, I’m trying to teach my kids to not waste energy (and $$) by turning out the lights when they leave a room.

Hey, at least I gave it a shot.

CliffHanger on May 11, 2007 at 12:47 PM

RightWinged on May 10, 2007 at 6:41 PM

I was so outraged with that segment that I shot off a couple of emails to Shephard “Mecha Boy” Smith. As usual, he refused to respond to the facts that I emailed.

FoxNews has gone tabloid IMHO. How else do you explain the fact they hired the former underwear model and man hating skank Kimberly Guilfoyle.

Between Geraldo and Guilfoyle being asked to give on air marital advice especially when Guilfoyle got pregnant before her divorce was even filed with Gavin Newsom, it makes me want to puke.

ScottyDog on May 11, 2007 at 3:50 PM