Video: Giuliani’s ferret rant — animated

posted at 8:47 am on May 9, 2007 by Allahpundit

We blogged Ferretgate a few months ago, back when the nutroots were trying to use it as a window into Rudy’s psychological demons. But the subject’s simply too silly. You can’t listen without laughing, a point even the lefties at Slate understand. Which is why they created this.

Reminds me a little of the late, much lamented “Dr. Katz, Professional Therapist.” Click the image to watch.

rudy-slate.jpg

Comments

Slate characterized Rudy’s response to the caller as a rant. Huh? I heard compassion.

Rudy clearly knew this man from previous encounters, and has reasons for thinking the man could benefit from therapy. He keeps saying, this man needs HELP. It’s not like Rudy attacked him, or said the guy needed to turn himself in, get institutionalized, or go to rehab. He didn’t even insult him.

He said the Guy Needs Help. And if he’s correct about that, there is only compassion here.

RushBaby on May 9, 2007 at 9:01 AM

Rudy was far too easy on that guy.

Mustela putorius furo delenda est.

Slublog on May 9, 2007 at 9:15 AM

Rudy, are you still opposing enforcement of existing laws against illegal immigration, after they busted that terrorist cell in new Jersey, and found several memebers were living here illegally in open plain sight, and running a bussiness?

paulsur on May 9, 2007 at 9:38 AM

So what he was saying was abort the weasels?

O.k., in this instance I agree with Rudy.

Kahuna on May 9, 2007 at 9:46 AM

Gee. That’ll be a great DNC commercial – “A vote for Rudy, is a vote against ferrets”. People will be all confused, and think that they’re talking about Democrats.

amerpundit on May 9, 2007 at 10:02 AM

Rudy, are you still opposing enforcement of existing laws against illegal immigration, after they busted that terrorist cell in New Jersey, and found several members were living here illegally in open plain sight, and running a business?
paulsur

Yes, but there’s no evidence that he’s offered to subsidize any illegal immigrant’s purchases of those much needed video input adapters. So it’s not like he actively supports terrorists. In their terrorist endeavors. There’s NO record of that.
Climb on board Rudy’s NuanceExpress.

Stephen M on May 9, 2007 at 10:36 AM

Man, I thought rudy’s abortion stance was a problem…if only I’d know about this before…I would assume if Rudy is against keeping ferret’s as pets, he probably is not in favor of carnivals where certain entertainers put them down their trousers. Fun stuff.

austinnelly on May 9, 2007 at 10:51 AM

When we going to get an animated Allahpundit?

Drtuddle on May 9, 2007 at 11:06 AM

Heh, that was pretty fun, I’d never bothered to listen the famed ‘ferret rant’ before. I’ll say this though, Rudy ain’t no Anka.

Bad Candy on May 9, 2007 at 11:53 AM

I love this. Really, ferrets just suck.

honora on May 9, 2007 at 12:05 PM

Ferrets stink

Drtuddle on May 9, 2007 at 12:28 PM

Reminds me of Home Movies from adult swim.

starflyer on May 9, 2007 at 1:54 PM

Dr. Katz was a great show. I haven’t seen Home Movies but the style of the Slate piece is very similar.

Dudley Smith on May 9, 2007 at 3:05 PM

Weasel! Snicker!

Kini on May 9, 2007 at 4:21 PM

Muskrat Love……..not so much.

soulsirkus on May 9, 2007 at 4:34 PM

Funny toon. I’ve got to say though, if that guys’ only problem is an obsession with ferrets, he’s still miles above your typical liberal.

Coronagold on May 9, 2007 at 6:09 PM