Heart-ache: U.S. to merge with European Union

posted at 3:24 pm on May 8, 2007 by Allahpundit

Thank goodness we have World Net Daily around to expose these nefarious, one-world-government plots. Why, we might have missed this rather important news entirely without it.

Once the ink dries on this deal, I figure they’ll just fold the new entity into the North American Union and start putting our new European labor force to work in earnest on that transcontinental Mexican superhighway. Then, one day a few months from now, I’ll take out my wallet and look in the billfold, and bamAmeros instead of dollars.

Wheels within wheels, my friends.

Comments

Good, maybe we can help to “cowboy up” the weak kneed, sissy EuropeOns.

Tony737 on May 8, 2007 at 3:27 PM

This probably amounts to not much of anything, but one paragraph is worth keeping in the back of our minds:

The Transatlantic Economic Council was tasked with creating regulatory convergence between the U.S. and the EU on some 40 different public policy areas, including intellectual property rights, developing security standards for international trade, getting U.S. GAAP (Generally Accepted Accounting Practices) recognized in Europe, developing innovation and technology in health industries, implementing RFID (Radio Frequency Identification) technologies, developing a science-based plan on bio-based products and establishing a “regular dialogue” to address obstacles to investment.

RightWinged on May 8, 2007 at 3:36 PM

I’m not going to say it WILL happen, but it certainly is foolish to say it’s not and pooh-pooh it.

As has been pointed out previously, a whole lot of people have done a whole lot of pooh-poohing and eaten it later on.

Editor on May 8, 2007 at 3:39 PM

Once the ink dries on this deal, I figure they’ll just fold the new entity into the North American Union and start putting our new European labor force to work in earnest on that transcontinental Mexican superhighway. Then, one day a few months from now, I’ll take out my wallet and look in the billfold, and bam — Ameros instead of dollars.

No, it will be Amerieuros, and the European labor force will be working on the TransAtlantic SuperBridge.

Uh huh huh huh huh … hey Beavis, they said “tool” in the video … uh huh huh huh huh

thirteen28 on May 8, 2007 at 3:40 PM

Trying to figure out how to combine my Resistol, beret, and sombreo into one style…….and a name….hmmmmmmmm? Got it….the ‘Black Resberocopter’…maybe with a rainbow colored band (and a GPS locater chip).

Limerick on May 8, 2007 at 3:42 PM

Your full of sarcasm and snark yet never address the Senate’s role in all of this, or lack thereof. It not like the commerce Dept has been used to circumvent the Senate, pfft. Crazy talk.

Theworldisnotenough on May 8, 2007 at 3:43 PM

The beauty of this plan is that once the Euro-Peon workers show up it will virtually guarantee the Trans-Con-Super-Mex highway will NEVER be built – due to the 35 hour work week, 21 paid holidays, and 8 weeks vacation each worker is entitled to.

peski on May 8, 2007 at 3:45 PM

Instead of laughing at the alarmists, perhaps one should look into the Transatlantic Economic Council.

What Corsi said about the Amero saving the dollar was backed up by Steve Previs (VP at Jefferies International) on CNBC.

Valiant on May 8, 2007 at 3:46 PM

This crap is the conservative version of trutherism.

mattshu on May 8, 2007 at 3:51 PM

A North American Union will destroy our sovereignty. It is right up there on the scale of importance, with say, terrorism.

pullingmyhairout on May 8, 2007 at 3:52 PM

And the Amero fallacy again. Did the Euro replace the pound? No. But it does exist. The Amero is not for us it is for consolidating Latin American currency, in the exact same way the Euro is consolidating currencies of smaller European countries. Chracterize likely events as tinfoil conspiracies because we you don’t like them is a page from the liberal playbook yeah. Like “mad” conservatives vs. “passionate” liberals.

Theworldisnotenough on May 8, 2007 at 3:53 PM

Okay, wait: is this tinfoil stuff or not? I do not want to become some kind of right-wing Truther-type unnecessarily.

Kensington on May 8, 2007 at 3:58 PM

Valiant on May 8, 2007 at 3:46 PM

Sounded good to me. Reducing trade barriers and enforcing IP rights b/w the US and EU member states can only help the United States. We are the innovators; we are also more efficient than anyone in the EU. Economic integration does have some benefits. This is not a slippery slope. This makes sense. There is no next step that will take away US sovereignty.

RW Wacko on May 8, 2007 at 4:02 PM

Supposing what you have said is true, then why should we in America worry about the “Amero” in the first place? If it’s not going to replace our currency, what’s the big deal?

thirteen28 on May 8, 2007 at 4:05 PM

Buenos Dias Amigos. Ay?

BacaDog on May 8, 2007 at 4:13 PM

Aw, dammit, does this mean I have to change in my Ameros for AmEuros?

Bad Candy on May 8, 2007 at 4:15 PM

WorldNetDaily: Now With 75% More Made-Up Crap!

John from WuzzaDem on May 8, 2007 at 4:16 PM

Somewhat associated interesting story in de Spiegel. Especially interesting in light of the French elections…

Germany Rediscovers the US as a Partner

German Chancellor Angela Merkel has reoriented Germany away from Russia and toward the United States. Expanded economic ties are just one area of renewed cooperation. But could Germany get burned like the British did?

TheBigOldDog on May 8, 2007 at 4:17 PM

Valiant on May 8, 2007 at 3:46 PM

I heard the TransAtlantic Economic Council is teaming up with the Project for A New American Century, got anything for us?

Bad Candy on May 8, 2007 at 4:18 PM

WorldNetDaily: Now With 75% More Made-Up Crap!

John from WuzzaDem on May 8, 2007 at 4:16 PM

HAHAHAHAHA! Anyone remember the ‘If you eat soy, you’ll catch teh ghey’ story?

Bad Candy on May 8, 2007 at 4:20 PM

what’s wnd’s problem? are they just attention whores or are they john birchers?

jummy on May 8, 2007 at 4:23 PM

what’s wnd’s problem? are they just attention whores or are they john birchers?

jummy on May 8, 2007 at 4:23 PM

Crackpots make reliable readers?

Bad Candy on May 8, 2007 at 4:28 PM

what’s wnd’s problem? are they just attention whores or are they john birchers?
jummy on May 8, 2007 at 4:23 PM

I think they’re shotgunners – throw enough stuff out there and some of it is bound to be true.

Still, their track record is not good.

Slublog on May 8, 2007 at 4:29 PM

Ah and here’s the Soy story I’m referencing, for those that don’t know.

Bad Candy on May 8, 2007 at 4:29 PM

Ah and here’s the Soy story I’m referencing, for those that don’t know.

Bad Candy on May 8, 2007 at 4:29 PM

It’s on teh interwebz. It must be true.

Lehosh on May 8, 2007 at 4:39 PM

Hola! Que pasa?

Yo? Estoy yo estar rezar hasta Allah tres tiempos cotidiano!

CliffHanger on May 8, 2007 at 4:42 PM

What I want to know is when we can all get back to dancing around in our robes in the Bohemian Wood and performing human sacrifices with George Bush, Ronald Reagan, and that giant owl they worship.

Lehosh on May 8, 2007 at 4:45 PM

Glad to see some Hot Air readers so trusting of big government institutions. All new surrender of liberties to any government is a slippery slope.

There is a huge difference between lowering tariffs and having Mexican trucks and their drivers on our foreign-controlled transnational highways.

Valiant on May 8, 2007 at 4:54 PM

Man, I hope we don’t adopt Spanish with this American Union thingy. I could barely pass two years of high school Spanish…

Bad Candy on May 8, 2007 at 4:55 PM

WND is a huge embarrasment to the conservative movement and no reputable leader should associate himself with Farah’s merry band of “End Times” nutcases. Farah got a readership during the Clinton years, following the Lewinsky scandal and hawking other, less factual, Clinton scandals (read Mena, and the list of Clinton related murders).

Folks new to the conservative web should avoid their crapola like the plague. Unless you have a taste for way-out-there-like-Pluto conspiracies and get rich quick schemes usually involving the imminent collapse of the international economy and the equally imminent explosion in the price of gold. Buy now!

Fred on May 8, 2007 at 4:56 PM

Valiant on May 8, 2007 at 4:54 PM

I agree, and I don’t think I’m wearing a conservative tinfoil hat. The TTC is the real deal. A truly foreign-owned highway that cuts right through the middle of Texas.

pullingmyhairout on May 8, 2007 at 5:00 PM

So this time, is it going to be Euro-Union black helicopters instead of UN black helicopters?

rightwingprof on May 8, 2007 at 5:02 PM

So how many Euro-trash “workers” am I allotted?

mojo on May 8, 2007 at 5:04 PM

Gee, For anything like the Amero to become a north American currency, dollar hegemony would have to be at least in trouble or lose a percentage of use that dollars are used to purchase oil.

Say if the Yuan became an acceptable stable currency to the Saudis or Russians to purchase products that now only dollars could be used to buy.

Now figure in 344 billion in US security bonds owned by the Chinese (600 billion belong to the Japanese) and the threat of dollar hegemony loss is very, very serious.

60% of GDP debt, 9.6 trillion (no better percentage than the EU) might be a hegemony consideration too.

If US currency isn’t any more stable than EU or Chinese money then why does America deserve to keep the very lucrative use of dollars to purchase world goods.

Whether the Amero is real or not I don’t know but a trilateral union would automatically boost banking stability, not to mention raise the debt ceiling which would make the big time currency loyalists worth go right through the roof since we do operate on a debt based financial system.

But then nothing like this could-would-should EVER happen, right?

Speakup on May 8, 2007 at 5:06 PM

The scene at the old-folks home just a few short years from now:

Sitting in one corner will be Leslie Stahl, who, in a soft voice, will be repeating to herself (over an over), “they let Lou Dobbs host his own TV show…they let Lou Dobbs host his own TV show…”

Meanwhile, I’ll be in the opposite corner of the room, (probably bound in a strait-jacket) and muttering (over and over) “it’s ALL tabloid journalism…it’s ALL tabloid jounalism…”

CyberCipher on May 8, 2007 at 5:08 PM

If you people will just LOOK at the FOSSIL RECORD you will see just how serious this is!!!!!

see-dubya on May 8, 2007 at 5:37 PM

So how many Euro-trash “workers” am I allotted?

mojo on May 8, 2007 at 5:04 PM

you may have as many scotts wenches as you can fit in the truck.

jummy on May 8, 2007 at 5:49 PM

Did I just see someone mention that Trilateral Commission?

Yikes. My respect for the right has suffered greatly because of this thread.

Lehosh on May 8, 2007 at 5:50 PM

see-dubya on May 8, 2007 at 5:37 PM

BWAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

Bad Candy on May 8, 2007 at 5:51 PM

I keep WND favorited for this kind of rubbish. Everytime the Bilderburgers come together they have to have it on the front page, and tell us about how they tried to get in but failed.

Ah… good times.

Keljeck on May 8, 2007 at 6:22 PM

…and bam — Ameros instead of dollars.

How abour Ameuros? In the name of equality, friendship, nuance, unity and PC…

Entelechy on May 8, 2007 at 6:31 PM

That’s it! That’s why we invaded Iraq! It wasn’t because of WMD. It was because of WND. That’s where they got their intel.

OK, that was weak.

BigOrangeAxe on May 8, 2007 at 7:09 PM

HAHAHAHAHA! Anyone remember the ‘If you eat soy, you’ll catch teh ghey’ story?

Bad Candy on May 8, 2007 at 4:20 PM

And going back a few years, don’t forget about the black U.S. Army helicopters taking over Texas.

Alex Jones was quoted, so it’s just got to be true.

John from WuzzaDem on May 8, 2007 at 7:49 PM

WorldNetDaily: Now With 75% More Made-Up Crap!

John from WuzzaDem on May 8, 2007 at 4:16 PM

Exactly what “made-up crap” would you be refering to ? I’ve found them to be one of the most reliable news sources on the web.

Maxx on May 8, 2007 at 8:39 PM

People still read WND?

eforhan on May 8, 2007 at 8:46 PM

only reason I go to WND is for their weekly columns; CHUCK NORRIS RULES!!!

Defector01 on May 8, 2007 at 8:54 PM

Alex Jones was quoted, so it’s just got to be true.

John from WuzzaDem on May 8, 2007 at 7:49 PM

What’s your beef with the black helicopters stories ? The military was doing live fire exercises in close proximity to the civilian populous in Kingsville, Texas, and the citizens were concerned, and rightfully so. The police chief of the town and the military itself admitted it was going on. WND was about the only news source that exposed the story and as a result the exercises came to a halt. What’s your problem with that ? WND should be congratulated for pursuing a story no one else thought was newsworthy and getting something done about it, that’s the way the media is SUPPOSE to work. They deserve credit on that account and not to be derided just because the story was not carried by the mainstream media.

Maxx on May 8, 2007 at 9:17 PM

Ah and here’s the Soy story I’m referencing, for those that don’t know.

Bad Candy on May 8, 2007 at 4:29 PM

Actually Bad Candy…. this is the story. I had never read this story. I’m not much into “health news” because I find far too much conflicting information. One day according to the media, eggs are bad for you, but change the channel and you will find that eggs are good for you… then there is good cholesterol and yes… bad cholesterol. Bottom line is, I eat what I want and I don’t pay much attention to the politically correct attitudes concerning foods. And I don’t use soy milk or soy products, they taste icky, so I avoid them. So I got no idea if this guy at WND is right or wrong… and I don’t even care. But you know what I came up with when I searched “Soy+estrogen” … I came up with this. Turns out that soy products are actually marketed as having an estrogen effect. So tell me again why you think they are all such a bunch of kooks over at WND please.

Maxx on May 8, 2007 at 9:55 PM

Don’t you guys watch “Star Trek”? One world government is a foregone conclusion!

gmoonster on May 8, 2007 at 11:09 PM

WND is okay sometimes, but then they pull this crap out and it’s like, whaaaa?

The whole “Harry Potter is teaching kids witchcraft” bit they do is ridiculous as well.

WisCon on May 8, 2007 at 11:09 PM

gmoonster on May 8, 2007 at 11:09 PM

Yep…. its scriptural too, it will eventually happen. But I don’t think that means we should just roll-over for it. These things can be exposed and opposed and delayed. I’d prefer it not happen on my watch. Closing your eyes to it just makes it easier for the bad guys.

Maxx on May 8, 2007 at 11:24 PM

Aw, dammit, does this mean I have to change in my Ameros for AmEuros?

Bad Candy on May 8, 2007 at 4:15 PM

Nope… because the French will insist that they be called Euramos!

RD on May 8, 2007 at 11:39 PM

Nope… because the French will insist that they be called Euramos!

RD on May 8, 2007 at 11:39 PM

Excuse me, EurAmos… united we stand, of course, but not too united!

RD on May 8, 2007 at 11:50 PM

My own exit question: If the Europeans form a union with India, will the unit of currency be the Eur-in?

(booo hisssss)