Video: Michelle talks Akon on The Factor

posted at 9:35 pm on May 7, 2007 by Bryan

On tonight’s Factor O’Reilly admitted to being wrong about something he was actually more or less right about last week, Ted Kennedy’s immigration stance and its stated toughness in relation to what Kennedy actually plans to get passed, before the trio of Bill, Kirsten and Michelle segued into last week’s brief battle over rapper Akon and his former sponsors at Verizon.

Hey Akon…can you hear me now?

It is Akon, Bill. Ay-kahn. Not Eichorn or Acorn. Just trying to be helpful. Michelle gives a shout-out to Debbie Schlussel and Laura Ingraham, who were both instrumental in Verizon’s decision to sever its relationship with Akon. Takeaway: Akon is nowhere to be found on Kirsten’s iPod.

Click to play.

Comments

Nice to see a segment where Bill didn’t end up yelling at somebody.

CyberCipher on May 7, 2007 at 9:51 PM

Um, don’t you think Bill may have been mispronouncing the guy’s name on purpose?

Well, you should be thinking that.

The Machine on May 7, 2007 at 9:55 PM

Of course he was.

Bryan on May 7, 2007 at 9:56 PM

weird. why are you redirecting to debbie’s site through google?

lorien1973 on May 7, 2007 at 10:03 PM

Because I botched the link. It’s fixed now.

Bryan on May 7, 2007 at 10:05 PM

Kirsten is good. Her comments seem reasonable, well-informed, intellectually honest and in good faith. I enjoy listening to Kirsten because I feel I can learn things from her… a rare experience listening to Dems nowadays.

petefrt on May 7, 2007 at 10:43 PM

petefrt on May 7, 2007 at 10:43 PM

Now if she’s only get rid of that freek that writes on her blog. . . of course no one has been bloging on her blog for a couple of weeks now.

- The Cat

P.S. She seems more of the Public Enemy type

MirCat on May 7, 2007 at 11:02 PM

Mispronouncing Akons name is Bills way of keeping his distance from this guy.Yes,he pronounced Akons name wrong on purpose.Thats my story and I’m stickin to it.

spazzmomma on May 7, 2007 at 11:02 PM

Even with Bill’s corny ‘I’m an old white guy who mispronounces popular musicians stage names because I’m an out of loop square’ bit, I’m glad he gave everyone involved credit for it. Question is, will there be the anger that existed toward Bill when he torpedoed Ludcris’ Pepsi deal?

Bad Candy on May 7, 2007 at 11:37 PM

petefrt on May 7, 2007 at 10:43 PM

UH yeah she ain’t too bad to look at either!

sonnyspats1 on May 8, 2007 at 12:09 AM

Other than if it’s nasty, demeaning or obscene (no matter who you are that should stop), it’s the one set of rules for some people and another set of rules for some other people that’s very, very wrong and must stop.

Until the Ludichris’ and the Akons’ of the world are actually held to the same accounting as Imus was the double standard will continue.

Speakup on May 8, 2007 at 2:14 AM

OT, it’s interesting to see that HotAir and, I think, Michelle have been given credit on this issue and direct link to Schlussel in the last week or so.

This despite Schlussel’s constant whining and sniping about having her work stolen without credit. I know you’re reading, Debbie: you do some credible work, but your site is gross, and your commenters all sound like they’re posting from prison.

Jaibones on May 8, 2007 at 9:10 AM

The only time The Factor is really any good lately is when Kirsten and Michelle are both on.

Lawrence on May 8, 2007 at 11:12 AM

It was a good segment (though, of course, O’Rielly had to bring up some previous similar effort he had made), but I have a question about Kirsten Powers.

She is always identified as a “Democratic Strategist”.

Is she? Does she sit down and “strategize” with/for the Democratic Party?

A few other commentators get this designation as well…what exactly IS a “Democratic Strategist” under the Fox News criteria?

PS Incidentally, I know how to spell Bill’s name…just pulling an “Eichorn”)

Blaise on May 8, 2007 at 11:32 AM

Jaibones

Jaibones, be careful or Debbie might threaten to sue you like she threatened me.

rokemronnie on May 8, 2007 at 4:13 PM