Video: Hillary voter versus Obama voter

posted at 7:00 pm on May 7, 2007 by Allahpundit

Thanks to Chuck F. for finding this. I caught it on Mad TV Saturday night and would have cut it myself if not for vacation. Good stuff — sort of a political version of “Who’s Afraid of Virginia Woolf?” but with even less appealing lead characters.

Obama voter seems to have the better of the argument, but it’s a cold comfort.

Comments

I hope the campaign is more spirited than this.

Mojave Mark on May 7, 2007 at 7:09 PM

Hello I’m a Mac

and i’m a PC

Defector01 on May 7, 2007 at 7:14 PM

Well that pretty much sums it up…………

Rock on……………..

doriangrey on May 7, 2007 at 7:18 PM

That was lame… And annoying that they’d use a black guy as the stereotypical Obama voter. It’s stupid college kids who want to vote for him because in him they get to feel proud for voting for a black guy, and a guy with a Muslim sounding name. It’s sooooo progressive and cool! Seriously, that’s what Obama’s support is about, he offers nothing. And by the way, I always here this “Obama was against the Iraq war” line, but I’ve never actually seen the evidence. I’m sure there must be something out there if the claim continues to be made… but it’s an irrelevant point (though it’s working for him because people are too stupid to think critically about what it means.) Think about this, those Democrats who were in the Senate and Congress at the time, who had access to the intelligence over all those years agreed that the WMDs were there. Everyone KNEW they were there, and the Dems made the case for 13 years leading up to the war. Obama was in no position to know, so what he thought about the war makes no difference at all. Who knows what he would have thought had he been in a position that mattered at the time? It’s just a stupid thing to keep saying “Obama was against it”… Well who the hell was he at the time?

RightWinged on May 7, 2007 at 7:31 PM

Awwwww.
That was as cute n’ cuddley as a speckled puppy.
Two liberals bein’ nice to each other.
They’re SO fulla luv!

CyberCipher on May 7, 2007 at 7:32 PM

Flippin nice too bad it was just a skit…

or is it?

Like the snake eating its tail always fun to watch.

-Wasteland Man.

WastelandMan on May 7, 2007 at 7:34 PM

I wouldn’t limit that to just college students. There’s a lot of older people who will vote for those reasons too. Guilt works wonders.

eforhan on May 7, 2007 at 7:52 PM

Good news is I guess that hillary has had a dramatic rebound at the expense of Mr Obama

Poll: Clinton rebounds over Obama

By Susan Page, USA TODAY

WASHINGTON — New York Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton has rebounded to a 15 percentage-point lead over Illinois Sen. Barack Obama for the Democratic presidential nomination, according to a USA TODAY/Gallup Poll taken after the candidates’ first debate.

Among Republicans, former New York mayor Rudy Giuliani maintained a 14-point lead over Arizona Sen. John McCain.

Clinton is the only contender in either party to show movement outside the poll’s margin of error. She is the choice of 38% of the Democrats and Democratic-leaning voters surveyed, up 7 points from a survey taken three weeks earlier. Obama is at 23%, 3 points lower than before.

Giuliani is supported by 34% of the Republicans and Republican-leaning voters surveyed, compared with 20% for McCain.

William Amos on May 7, 2007 at 7:59 PM

Sort of off the record, but a small vent: I can’t stomach the phrase “person of color.” My response is “what color would that be: blue, green, orange…..?” In addition to the PC gymnastics that the phrase trys to perform, it is grammatically incorrect. It should be a “colored person,” but we’ve been through that term already. Could the PC police please come up with another “acceptable” phrase that is not so “correct.”
[/vent]

Mallard T. Drake on May 7, 2007 at 8:15 PM

or …that the phrase tries to perform…..

I guess if I am going to rant on grammer, I should spell correctly……

Mallard T. Drake on May 7, 2007 at 8:17 PM

Was it just me, or was the Rudy guy the smartest one there?

amerpundit on May 7, 2007 at 8:28 PM

I saw it when it was broadcast, and I wasn’t sure if they were being serious, pushing a leftist agenda or spoofing the ’empty suitedness’ (and ’empty pantsuitedness’) of the candidates or what. I really couldn’t figure out whether to be outraged, entertained or merely bored by it.

LegendHasIt on May 7, 2007 at 8:50 PM

Hey your welcome. It was kinda lame, but Lisa Nova is too cute.

vcferlita on May 7, 2007 at 9:28 PM

Trust me…this is how liberals talk to each other…at least the gay ones that I know.

SouthernGent on May 7, 2007 at 10:14 PM

Mallard T. Drake on May 7, 2007 at 8:15 PM

Right. White’s a color…isn’t it? How about pale(face)?

Jaibones on May 7, 2007 at 10:39 PM

The Obama guy’s comparison to Lincolm and FDR is totally bogus. From wikipedia, “Lincoln was involved in more than 5,100 cases in Illinois alone during a 23-year legal practice.” FDR was governer of NY, compared to Obama’s brief career as associate attorney and lecturer.

pedestrian on May 8, 2007 at 1:28 AM

I agree about the “person of color” thing. I turn red if I stay in the sun too long. Lips and extremeties turn blue when I’m really cold. So I guess everyone is a “person of color”.

serpentineshel on May 8, 2007 at 9:24 AM

Lisa Nova’s a crackup.

jdpaz on May 8, 2007 at 11:40 AM

Lisa Nova is too cute.
Lisa Nova’s a crackup.

Which was the cutest, funniest video for you guys: Her pretentious overly-long trip to the fruit stand or the one where she claims Rush Limbaugh hates pregnant victims of spousal abuse?

ScottMcC on May 8, 2007 at 11:59 AM

That was perfect. The “white liberal elitist” was spot on.

budorob on May 8, 2007 at 3:23 PM