Lindsay Graham to La Raza: “We’re gonna tell the bigots to shut up.”

posted at 12:23 pm on May 4, 2007 by Bryan

Sen. Lindsay Graham, it’s fair to say, is a squish in immigration law enforcement. He supports “comprehensive immigration reform,” which is code for amnesty. Graham received an award last March from La Raza (English: The Race–and they’re not talking track & field), and among the other open borders bromides had this to say:

You can watch the whole speech here, and I encourage you to do so. Graham comes off as a sincere, well-meaning but misguided fellow until the personal story professing such surprise that a man named Garza could be a great American–soft bigotry of low expectations, anyone?–and that late line about “bigots.”

Who is he talking about?

Not them.

Or them.

Or them.

He’s surely not talking about the people right in front of him, who belong to a group called “The Race” and who say things like this.

I get it. He must be talking about them. And him. And all of us who support border enforcement.

Which is outrageous, of course.

(thanks to MR)

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

So, what’s all the fuss about again?

Doghouse on May 4, 2007 at 3:59 PM

Somebody forgot to evoke the name of fred again. :-)

csdeven on May 4, 2007 at 4:07 PM

Now I could write something like:

You know, that Lindsey Graham is clueless. Does he not know that La Raza is a rascist, bigoted organization in and of itself? What on God’s green earth is he doing even meeting with them in the first place, AND calling those of us who believe in strong enforcement of our immigration laws “bigots”?

So, I could write that but then I’d be off-topic, wouldn’t I?

CliffHanger on May 4, 2007 at 4:08 PM

CliffHanger,

Hmm, lets see. Lindsey Graham is a, what’s that word I am looking for…A potluck..Pileof…Pieceof…Oh yea right Politician. When he’s not spanking a escort, er getting a massage from an escort, or stealing money from an orphans trust fund, taking a bribe, or just plain stealing tax money then obviously he must be lying his ass of to someone promising them pie in the sky and a chicken in every pot if they will only vote for him. So yea your little tirade just might be off topic a little bit.

Rock on……………….

doriangrey on May 4, 2007 at 4:23 PM

According to Graham, “I have never met a better American than Dan Garza.”

It’s great to know that Graham identifies him as an American and not some sort of hyphenated American. But more to the point: If Garza is an American sergeant in the US Air Force, what are the odds that he is an illegal immigrant? Zero!

Graham in his shamelessness or shameful ignorance is equating a hard working NCO with a Hispanic name with folks who break our laws; a legal US citizen who has sworn an oath to protect this country with people who have trampled on our laws.

Dan Garza may be for a “comprehensive” immigration plan (Graham doesn’t make that assertion, though) but he doesn’t deserve to be thought of as part of the problem (as Graham implies he is) just because his last name sounds Hispanic.

cmay on May 4, 2007 at 4:34 PM

Pansy Lindsay Graham, pandering to a racist organization — what a surprise. South Carolina gets exactly what they deserve.

Jaibones on May 4, 2007 at 1:57 PM

REEElax…As a native of Miss Lindsey’s hometown…I can say, we didn’t want him the first go round.

AND HE WILL NOT RETURN FOR ANOTHER TERM AFTER THAT GANG OF FOURTEEN CLUSTER.

They are FED SLAP UP with his happy @$$ at home, and there are STORIES TO TELL….so needless to say, that is why I am INSISTING THAT THERE WILL BE A

FRED! / McVAIN ticket.

Miss Lindsey has too much baggage and pocket books filled with trash….WHITE TRASH.

seejanemom on May 4, 2007 at 4:57 PM

Oh, that’s jus Opie being dopie

Captain America on May 4, 2007 at 5:18 PM

the biggoted biggots who dominate organizations like saveourstate. you know those biggots. the ones right under your nose.

Jummy do you want to take the shit out of your mouth before speaking?

Altura Ct. on May 4, 2007 at 5:52 PM

I’ve got $5 riding on Dan Garza being a legal citizen.

amerpundit on May 4, 2007 at 12:55 PM

I’ll see that, and raise you 50 pesos!

Mojave Mark on May 4, 2007 at 6:53 PM

Just call me a “bigot” Lindsey. I really don’t need to be paying taxes for illegal aliens to fill up the emergency wards in this country, driving down wages as they work for less with fraudulent I.D.’s,…..He (lindslee) just ticks me off. What a jerk.

gary on May 4, 2007 at 6:59 PM

(some nonresponsive bs about my spelling)

Jaibones on May 4, 2007 at 2:24 PM

so then the point you’re going to try to defend is that some hotair commenters didn’t defend hal turner?

Pure and total ignorance.

voiceofreason on May 4, 2007 at 4:06 PM

so then clearly if you’re capable of percieving me as ignorant, you must be able to refute me with something more substantial than assertion without evidence. have at it, socrates. why do my comments appear ignorant to you?

jummy on May 4, 2007 at 7:25 PM

What I wanna know…is how the heck these SPANISH speaking people who’s ancestors OBVIOUSLY came from SPAIN, and their SPANISH ancestors KILLED OFF all of the indigenous people in Mexico like the Aztecs, how the hell are WE the EUROPEANS, and they’re NOT????
shooter on May 4, 2007 at 2:47 PM

Now you’re in line with a growing Mexican group – the Mexica-Movement folks. They say they are non-violent, but they emphasize that all Europeans, including Hispanics, will leave the North American continent, like it or not (check the Policy Page). Their signs were everywhere at the one-year-ago marches.

eeyore on May 4, 2007 at 7:35 PM

eeyore on May 4, 2007 at 7:35 PM

Where’s NonFactor. From their website:

NOT RAZA “Raza” is not an identity. “Raza” is basically the same thing as using the Eurocentric term “Mestizo”–it takes pride in Spanish blood (what little or nothing that we may have) and puts shame in our Nican Tlaca blood and culture. Calling ourselves “Raza” is a way of saying, “I’m not an ‘Indio’, I have some, mostly, Spanish blood”. In Mexico “Dia de la Raza” is celebrated on October 12—Columbus Day. Imagine that! We are celebrating the rape of our mothers, the rape of our nation, the enslavement of our people.

PRCalDude on May 4, 2007 at 7:41 PM

sedition
One entry found for sedition.
Main Entry: se·di·tion
Pronunciation: si-’di-sh&n
Function: noun
Etymology: Middle English sedicioun, from Anglo-French sediciun, from Latin sedition-, seditio, literally, separation, from sed-, se- apart + ition-, itio act of going, from ire to go — more at SECEDE, ISSUE
: incitement of resistance to or insurrection against lawful authority

Speakup on May 4, 2007 at 7:46 PM

Does Graham use little pink waterwings when he goes swimming?

profitsbeard on May 4, 2007 at 9:56 PM

>why do my comments appear ignorant to you?

As for me, it’s because you don’t capitalize.

Doghouse on May 4, 2007 at 10:46 PM

SilverStar830 on May 4, 2007 at 1:56 PM

If this thread solved nothing else, this is a given – using com*unist and so*ialist in a comment will get it held up every single time. These being two of my top nemeses, I learned the hard way – thus the stars from now on.

Silverstar, I hope you will get to read this. Regards,

Entelechy on May 5, 2007 at 1:37 AM

SilverStar830 on May 4, 2007 at 1:48 PM

Hear Hear! Bravo!

sonnyspats1 on May 5, 2007 at 11:59 AM

Hey Lindsay,

Its BORDERS, LANGUAGE & CULTURE you turncoat!

Dave R. on May 5, 2007 at 1:25 PM

Well, that was fun.

Was like being back posting on gaming forums again..

Reaps on May 5, 2007 at 9:20 PM

Was like being back posting on gaming forums again..

I don’t know…your average gaming forum has a lot more blinkered profanity and there are more declarations of one person having had intercourse with your girlfriend/wife/sister/mother than I find here. Given the age and limited vocabulary of many of the console gamers, it’s a lot easier to insult them into submission than you could get away with here. Another plus on this forum is most people here use conventional grammer instead of text message abbreviations. Man I hated that.

Fun discussion none the less. Tune in tomorrow for elitist snob team-up: Honora will use her fearsome spelling skill to teach jummy how to spell ‘bigot’. It’s not

the biggoted biggots who dominate

. If you’re going to smear groups of people with fearsome disdain, no less, at least have the common courtesy to get the spelling right.

austinnelly on May 5, 2007 at 11:18 PM

I remain astounded at the ignorance of the majority of the Senate Republicans while they commit political suicide ~ individually and collectively.

Bloodhound on May 21, 2007 at 3:28 PM