Wednesday Stupid: Virgin Atlantic offers Loose Change 2 as in-flight entertainment

posted at 11:05 pm on May 2, 2007 by Bryan

What can one say about this? Make an absolutely crappy documentary, put scary music on it, make out George W. Bush to be eeeevil, and moonbats with money bags will beat a path to your door to put your lousy film on their airplanes.

LOOSE CHANGE 2:

Warning: Contains disturbing scenes.

Was 9/11 a government set up? You decide.

Everyone’s talking about it so we thought you’d like to see the film that started out as a home movie and became one of the most downloaded documentaries of all time. Was 9/11 a government set up? Were the twin towers brought down in a controlled explosion for an insurance payday? These questions and more are posed in this controversial film, seen by millions, derided by many. Now it’s your chance to make up your own mind.

I’ve made up my mind: Loose Change is a pile of excrement and Virgin Atlantic will never ever get one thin dime from me.

This is not some Oliver Stone JFK film made decades after the events, so that it’s irresponsible handling of facts and interweaving of invention won’t have much effect on current events. Loose Change is a paranoid fantasy that, if enough people believe it, will cause them to turn on our own government and thereby lose the war we’re in to a bunch of genocidal fanatics. Its close connection to current events and the issue of our time–Islamic terrorism–makes the film dangerous, and therefore putting it in in-flight entertainment a dangerously stupid decision. It wasn’t made to be enemy propaganda, but it serves that purpose.

Virgin’s move looks like more evidence of creeping dhimmitude. Virgin Atlantic won’t show Fahrenhype 9-11, since it’s about Islamic terrorism and destroys Michael Moore. It won’t show WMD: The Murderous Reign of Saddam Hussein, since that film makes a good case for the ongoing war in Iraq. It certainly won’t show the film that PBS doesn’t want you to see, Islam vs Islamists, because that film highlights the very real ideological struggle underway for the soul of Islam. But it will show Loose Stool.

That’s a decision either made out of paranoia–they actually want to promote the 9-11 Truth movement–or out of fear of offending Muslims. Or both. Both is the safe bet.

Comments

you can email them at customer.relations.us@fly.virgin.com

thebrokenchair on May 2, 2007 at 11:11 PM

But it will show Loose Stool.

Now, see, that’s why I stay around here.

amerpundit on May 2, 2007 at 11:11 PM

Already e-mailed them after seeing this on LGF. Branson is a tool, I bet the queen wishes she hadn’t knighted him.

deadbackpacker on May 2, 2007 at 11:15 PM

Any chance a copy of Popular Machanics is in the mag rack?

- The Cat

P.S. Yes, I am a dreamer.

MirCat on May 2, 2007 at 11:23 PM

The lose change is in Murthas head.

abinitioadinfinitum on May 2, 2007 at 11:28 PM

When I make fun of the British it isn’t like they aren’t giving me truckloads of material. *shrug* Sorry Brits, but this is too easy.

Theworldisnotenough on May 2, 2007 at 11:33 PM

Email sent. Message spread.

amerpundit on May 2, 2007 at 11:35 PM

lose, loose it’s all the same it just rattles around up in that void

abinitioadinfinitum on May 2, 2007 at 11:35 PM

Why in the world would a company that should want to promote its services to the general public show such a controversial film? Obviously, they’re making a political point. Can you imagine Delta, American, or United showing a film like this? It would never happen. On those airlines you get mainstream films. Not crap like this. There’s no reason for Virgin to do this except to promote their previously unknown truther weirdness.

thedecider on May 2, 2007 at 11:35 PM

“I said 72 Virgins, not 72 people flying on Virgin Arlines”

I think we answered the question from several days ago however, who’s the richest person who believes “The Truthers”!!

HarryStar on May 2, 2007 at 11:37 PM

Virgin Atlantic will never ever get one thin dime from me.

Me either. And for business purposes, I travel A LOT! Where’s Tony737 when you need him?

thedecider on May 2, 2007 at 11:38 PM

Any chance they would show Obsession?
WOW I cannot believe this is on Useless tube!

abinitioadinfinitum on May 2, 2007 at 11:45 PM

Once again folks, who told ya they were trying to mainstream this thing? Rosie, Mark Cuban/Charlie Sheen, now Virgin Atlantic. I still feel that 50%, give or take, will be some form of Truther within a decade. People lack critical thinking skills, especially college students who are being feed this garbage more than anyone else, people are too lazy to dig up the debunking information because it takes way longer than watching that stupid movie and seeing “questions” raised. Buckle up folks, we’re in for a very bumpy ride.

Anyway, I’ve contacted Virgin here

with the following:

Let me understand this? You’re going to offer a completely debunked conspiracy theory movie, Loose Change 2, as in flight entertainment… even though there’s endless debunking information available, including a movie called SCREW LOOSE CHANGE – NOT FREAKIN’ AGAIN EDITION!!! This movie goes through the Loose Change 2 movie, destroying each and every ridiculous lie and distortion throughout the conspiracy theory film.

You people are a disgrace.

RightWinged on May 2, 2007 at 11:59 PM

To whom it may concern:

I am contacting you to express my outrage at your offering of internet “documentary” Loose Change as in flight entertainment.

As a New Yorker, the events of 9/11 effected me profoundly. Loose Change is a poorly produced film filled with distortions, half truths, and crackpot theories about the events surrounding the collapse of the world trade centers and the murder of over 3000 people. Be assured, this movie is not entertainment, and it’s dissemination only leads to the muddying of the water of discussion reguarding the causes of and aftermath of that tragic day.

Would Virgin be willing to show a documentary that advances theories of holocaust denial simply because “everyone was talking about it”? To some of us, the idea that a major airline would show Loose Change is just as offensive.

In conclusion, I’d like to state that so long as Virgin Atlantic offers this film as part of its in flight entertainment, I will cease to fly your airline.

Thank you.

Nick Rizzuto

Verbal Abuse on May 3, 2007 at 12:01 AM

RightWinged on May 2, 2007 at 11:59 PM

Thanks for the link Randy. I sent them my own:

I am truly disgusted to learn Virgin Atlantic will be showing a film titled “Loose Change 2″ as in-flight entertainment. This film is highly controversial; its proclamations thoroughly debunked – and is offensive to every American who feels the pain and suffering of the tremendous loss from the events of 9/11. This film ridicules the tragedy which occurred; it diminishes the sacrifices of so many, and your decision to show this film only furthers the humiliation inflicted on the families and loved ones of those who perished on that tragic day. Shame on you, Virgin Airlines! Although I travel often and extensively, you can rest assured I will never patronize your airline in my lifetime. You have disgraced my country and my countrymen.

thedecider on May 3, 2007 at 12:17 AM

What are they doing in terms of carbon offsets?

If they are aware of the evil conspiracy like 9/11, the must certainly be aware of carbon offsets, and how much they need to buy to compensate for the jets they fly.

F15Mech on May 3, 2007 at 12:27 AM

In flight entertainment, it is not.

If you tell a lie often enough, people will believe it.

Kini on May 3, 2007 at 12:49 AM

I got this auto-reply from Virgin:

If your e-mail is about a recent flight you have taken with us you will be
contacted by our Customer Relations Team. This may take up to 28 days.

If it takes “28 days” to respond to me regarding a “recent flight”, what can I expect from an email regarding an egregious oversight from someone within their airline who should be fired?

(Read: Waste of time)

thedecider on May 3, 2007 at 12:58 AM

Those who fly Virgin Atlantic (very expensive) are already delusional moonbats. This is indeed entertainment for them, same as Gore’s baby elephant on global warming and offsets.

Loose Stool – soemething the doctors ordered for Messrs Murtha and Reid.

P.S. wouldn’t hurt Messrs Olbermann, Matthews, Maher and gmcjetpilot either…

Entelechy on May 3, 2007 at 1:17 AM

F15Mech on May 3, 2007 at 12:27 AM

See, what you can do is offset one type of offset with another. Virgin needs carbon offsets. George Bush is stealing and using the world’s carbon-based resources. So, by exposing Bush as being behind 9-11 – establishing Truther offsets – it all balances out. They’ve taken care of the needed offsets while still in flight!

eeyore on May 3, 2007 at 1:36 AM

(Read: Waste of time)

thedecider on May 3, 2007 at 12:58 AM

Haha, that’s hilarious. I didn’t get anything though… Oh well. I still think folks should bombard them with messages expressing their anger at this stupidity (and while you’re at it, email O’Reilly to ask why he didn’t destroy Tenet’s credibility during his interview that aired tonight, by pointing out that Tenet lies on page one [the fake encounter with Richard Perle I'm sure you're all familiar with by now])

RightWinged on May 3, 2007 at 2:30 AM

I could see where an airline would want to try to push the image of planes slamming into buildings out of their passengers minds.

What I can never understand is how people believe that the Twin Towers was a “controlled demolition” after watching them get hit by passenger jets.

Shame on Virgin Atlantic.

iNeXuS on May 3, 2007 at 3:08 AM

This was a side point I thought about too… Conspiracy theories aside, how about bad taste, ya know?

Shame on Virgin Atlantic.

iNeXuS on May 3, 2007 at 3:08 AM

People believe the controlled demolition crap because to the untrained eye, the buildings fell in that manner (even though in reality they didn’t). But what has been pushed is the fire can’t melt steel line. Which isn’t true, but it’s irrelevant anyway because steel loses a significant amount of it’s strength at only a few hundred degrees (I’m sure someone here can pull out the exact figures). The weakening was all that was needed for the weight of the upper floors to crash down, and that was simply far too much weight for each lower floor to handle.

Exit question: Does anyone think that Al Qaeda anticipated the buildings coming down? I’ve felt for some time that this may have just been dumb luck on their part. I’m not married to that idea, but I see it as very conceivable that they had no idea that they’d bring the towers down.

RightWinged on May 3, 2007 at 3:53 AM

I don’t fly virgin or buy any or their products. I don’t care if they show Mien Kompf in inside those puke buckets. When American and USA Air start doing that shit then I will be pissed and dissapointed.

Egfrow on May 3, 2007 at 6:20 AM

Yeah, just what any airline CEO wants to do…get their customers pissed off during a flight. Cretin.

Coronagold on May 3, 2007 at 6:57 AM

Those weren’t planes, they were holograms, didn’t you know? And all those people who where supposed to be on the planes were, um, paid by the, um, CIA to disappear, yeah, that’s it!

Seriously, I think you could make a case for institutionalizing anyone who buys this tripe. Anyone that paranoid and gullible has to be a danger to themselves.

Quisp on May 3, 2007 at 8:21 AM

RightWinged on May 3, 2007 at 3:53 AM

I have a vague recollection of a tape of Bin Laden and his group sitting around reflecting on their triumph. I received the impression that they were surprised that the building actually collapsed and it was only because of Allah’s blessings that the buildings actually fell.

Al Qaeda probably had people who knew the buildings were going to collapse since the group has many with engineering degrees. But for propaganda purposes, on the tapes, I think it’s just more effective for them to claim they didn’t know the buildings would collapse and it was the great Allah who collapsed the buildings as a sign to them that their fight against the great Satan is just. That’s much more effective for your illiterate jihadi. It also probably removes Islam’s guilt at 3000 deaths. Afterall, Al Qaeda just flew the planes into the buildings; Allah caused the building to fall.

Canadian Infidel

Canadian Infidel on May 3, 2007 at 8:55 AM

If Virgin thinks that 9-11 was an inside job, how about dropping security on all Virgin flights?

Hey Virgin, watch out for Copyright infringment from the Loose Change thieves!

Wander on May 3, 2007 at 9:13 AM

Next time I’m up in Brisbane, I’ll take a photo of the huge VirginBlue billboard offering people to make their next flight ‘carbon neutral’

I’m not making this up.

Reaps on May 3, 2007 at 9:30 AM

I have to agree with the bulk of the other posters on this.

It’s Richard Branson’s airline. What would I expect from Virgin, given that? I wouldn’t imagine the inflight entertainment to be highlights from the Reagan/Mondale debates.

To be honest, while I’d expect moonbattery, this goes far beyond that and plunges into bad taste. Images of planes colliding into buildings while on a plane? This is a good idea how? Politics nonwithstanding, this is just disgusting.

JunkCoast on May 3, 2007 at 10:20 AM

If your e-mail is about a recent flight you have taken with us you will be
contacted by our Customer Relations Team. This may take up to 28 days.

28 days to respond?, 28 days for the Rage virus? hmmmm…

allie on May 3, 2007 at 10:43 AM

I question the “official story” of how this film made it on the airline’s roster in the first place.

That’s patriotism.