Video: Those madcap mullahs

posted at 10:18 am on April 30, 2007 by Bryan

Fun guys, Iran’s mullahs. Unless you’re an Iranian woman. Or a female mannequin.

There is a large teachers strike underway in Iran these days, with the expected crackdown in swing as well.

I’m sure that you’ll be as surprised as I was to learn this: Iran’s Islam-based penal code strongly favors the rights of men over women.

• Girls are considered adults at age 9, can be tried as adults in a criminal court and are liable to receive the death penalty for murder. Boys become adults at 15.

• If a man and a woman are injured in an accident, the man gets double the punitive damages.

• Although the legal age of marriage for a girl is 13, a father can make her marry earlier with court permission.

If trends in Western marketing are any hint of the future, all of this and more are coming soon to a court or store near you.

Update: Iranian barbers have been warned against giving men “Western” haircuts.

Iranian police have warned barbers against offering Western-style hair cuts or plucking the eyebrows of their male customers, Iranian media said on Sunday.

The report by a reformist daily, later confirmed by an Iranian news agency, appeared to be another sign of the authorities cracking down on clothing and other fashion deemed to be against Islamic values.

“Western hair styles … have been banned,” the newspaper Etemad said in a frontpage headline…

Several hairdressers for men in Tehran offer cuts in the style of Hollywood movie stars and other Western celebrities. Clients can also have their eyebrows plucked.

The head of the barbers’ union, Mohammad Eftekharifard, said police had instructed it to “exercise specific regulations in barber shops that work under its supervision.”

Barbers who do not follow these rules might be closed down for a month and even lose their permits to operate, Etemad quoted him as saying.

Yeah, let’s sit down with the guys who are behind all of this and carve out a mutually beneficial plan for Iraq. What can go wrong?

Comments

They don’t call it “MAN PLEASER THURSDAYS” over there because they’re into chicks.

Holy Day starts Friday….Absolution for all my men!!!

seejanemom on April 30, 2007 at 10:20 AM

Bryan>>>

Where dOOOOOOO you dig this stuff up????

seejanemom on April 30, 2007 at 10:21 AM

Just remember this is the religion of LOVE and PEACE, not to mention tolerance and equality, respect for each other, blah, blah, blah.

bjb on April 30, 2007 at 10:23 AM

Scene at the mannequin factory:

“Hey girl, I hear you’re being shipped to Iran.”

“OMFG, NOOOOOOOOOOO!”

infidel4life on April 30, 2007 at 10:35 AM

Duh! Penal code!

harrison on April 30, 2007 at 10:46 AM

We should be extremely careful in how we cater to the muslim religion. I know this is a capitalist society, however, the muslims don’t seem as willing or able to accept our society as it is. I fear once we accept them, then they will really start pushing to change us. I know this may sound paranoid to some, but from what examples I’ve seen, they won’t be satisfied until the world lives under their religious laws.

4shoes on April 30, 2007 at 10:51 AM

And don’t forget…

“Look for…the union laaa-ble…when you are buying…that burka, or scarf….”

Or how about “Do I look fat in this hijab?”

“You can get it in any color, as long as it’s black”?

It’s absolutely unreal what’s going on there in regards to this alone…I simply think that the younger, under 30 set will eventually triumph in this atrocity. They won’t stand for it for long.

JetBoy on April 30, 2007 at 10:58 AM

Who is assimilating who again? I sure as heck know that I cannot live in a world of boobless mannequins. There is part of me, though, that is really looking forward to watching the war between the feminatzis and the Islamists once those two forces innevitably collide. We will know the war started once Maureen Dowd writes “Is Multiculturalism Necessary?” Then its on.

Zetterson on April 30, 2007 at 11:09 AM

I think Islam has such a preoccupation with subjugating women because it’s men aren’t really men.

PRCalDude on April 30, 2007 at 11:17 AM

does anyone else see the thing with the mannequin as really viscerally disturbing?

i mean, that goes beyond sexual repression into matricidal psychosis territory.

jummy on April 30, 2007 at 11:18 AM

I’m sure the MSM will give this full coverage soon right?

CrazyFool on April 30, 2007 at 11:20 AM

jummy on April 30, 2007 at 11:18 AM

They’ll make another major terrorist attack and then we’ll get over this marketing trend. The next one will probably be much larger.

PRCalDude on April 30, 2007 at 11:20 AM

Shocking!!!
Misogyny in Islam!!!

Never heard that before…

Vanquisher on April 30, 2007 at 11:23 AM

I wonder how the “radical left” and it’s fringe groups that are against the GWOT are going to react when they get special sales on “mawslem” ramadam.

P.S. pork be upon him.

tormod on April 30, 2007 at 11:33 AM

The store there plans to sell decorations for Ramadan next fall and is adding halal meat to its restaurant menu. Catalogs in Arabic are being planned, and female Muslim employees are expected to be given an Ikea-branded hijab, to wear over their heads if they wish.

Wonderful. Ikea is joining the dhimmitude. I swear I won’t be allowing that crap in my company.

Besiedes, isn’t that like having Starbucks in church?

Tim Burton on April 30, 2007 at 12:14 PM

I just have to wonder if those mannequins were the ones with an “anatomically correct” chest. I’ve wondered at the marketing thought behind making mannequins more like that.

taznar on April 30, 2007 at 12:26 PM

Uncovered fake meat!

James on April 30, 2007 at 12:29 PM

Does my chrome-dome qualify as a ‘western-style’ haircut? I sure the heck hope so.

Limerick on April 30, 2007 at 1:12 PM

Limerick on April 30, 2007 at 1:12 PM

Mine does.

James on April 30, 2007 at 1:27 PM

Ikea-branded hijab

Along side the women beating sticks and correctly sized rocks for the daily women stoning!
Prayer rooms with fashion police!

Kini on April 30, 2007 at 1:42 PM

The Arab Dr. Ruth - who would have guessed?

Entelechy on April 30, 2007 at 2:07 PM

Bryan>>>

Where dOOOOOOO you dig this stuff up????

seejanemom on April 30, 2007 at 10:21 AM

He’s certainly not going to tell; it’s a trade secret.

- The Cat

P.S. (whispers) “Put Iran in your google search thingy” :)

MirCat on April 30, 2007 at 2:20 PM

The Arab Dr. Ruth – who would have guessed?

Entelechy on April 30, 2007 at 2:07 PM

What does PETA have to say about this?!

- The Cat

MirCat on April 30, 2007 at 2:21 PM

Heh, MirCat:

- Lonely Hearts, and
- No More Lonely Nights

Entelechy on April 30, 2007 at 2:49 PM

This is just beyond creepy.

And our state department thinks we can compromise with these knotheads?

Lawrence on April 30, 2007 at 3:37 PM

How can they prove islam is good, peaceful and righteous to their own when FREEDOM and Love and Kindness are sneaking in thru their borders by us horrible kind, loving, caring kafirs?

Hard to keep up the myth.
So its back to profit mo’s way of ‘Islam , love it or die.’

and no , i did not mis-spell profit.

shooter on April 30, 2007 at 4:02 PM

Okay, Iranian women should start a campaign of breaking into stores at night to saw the crotch-lumps off the male mannequins and cover those with sticky tape. Think the mullahs and the men who support them might start to get the message?

aero on April 30, 2007 at 5:11 PM

Dhimmi marketing opportunity: Boobless Barbie! Comes with shapeless black potato sack wardrobe, headscarf, and a stick for beating her if her hair shows.

aero on April 30, 2007 at 5:18 PM

Limerick on April 30, 2007 at 1:12 PM

So do I. Wow, I just realized…what about the Brazilian body wax job I was thinking about getting to match my head? Does that qualify for a Western style “hair” cut.

And just WHERE are the brave, fearless, amazonic National Organization of WORTHLESS Women during the punishment of these Islamic women? Is it not a woman’s right to wear as little as she pleases? Is it not a woman’s right to strut her stuff? Should not a woman be saved from this type of abuse?

Where is the NOWW?

Oh, that’s right, silly me, I forgot…..NOWW is busy here at home destroying relationships between men and women, male bashing, making certain that men cannot approach women for dates, criticizing women who actually want relationships with men, criticizing women who appreciate their boyfriends and husbands, taking but never giving, making stay at home moms feel like third class citizens, demanding that standards be lowered so that they can have easy access to various jobs, and having double standards to live up to.

To cut off the boobs of dress mannequins just makes me wonder what else the Islamo-Nazis do to women that is not reported.

The False Dervish on April 30, 2007 at 5:37 PM

tomorrows NYT headline:

National Organization of Women demands rights for Iranian women!

Care to bid on some beach front property in New Mexico?

Speakup on April 30, 2007 at 6:24 PM

That would be the removal of female genitalia to prevent lust.

Speakup on April 30, 2007 at 6:27 PM

tomorrows NYT headline:

National Organization of Women demands rights for Iranian women!

Care to bid on some beach front property in New Mexico?

Speakup on April 30, 2007 at 6:24 PM

Truly, Speakup, truly. Beach front property in New Mexico? I’ll go for the spot where canoeing and surfing can be done.

That would be the removal of female genitalia to prevent lust.

Yes, Speakup, the female circumcision. It is the possible existence of other horrible stuff done to those women that makes me worry.

My God. MY GOD! And too many American and civil self servants expect us to look at these Islamo-Nazi through PC colored glasses. To show understanding, to demonstrate appeasement. To face East once in a while. To have open borders. To ignore our sovereignity. To ignore the defense of our still free and great nation.

Although I do not believe in the “anything goes” philosophy, I am most grateful for open mindedness and for Western permissiveness.

The False Dervish on April 30, 2007 at 7:54 PM

“Look for…the union laaa-ble…when you are buying…that burka, or scarf….”

Or how about “Do I look fat in this hijab?”

“You can get it in any color, as long as it’s black”?

Gosh, Jetboy. And I was hoping for a cute, see through number. Just as well. I don’t look good in a burka, anyway.

I truly hope that the Iranian people rise up against President Yabadabadoo and the Mullahs, and make Iran a free nation.

The False Dervish on April 30, 2007 at 8:00 PM

My God. MY GOD! And too many American and civil self servants expect us to look at these Islamo-Nazi through PC colored glasses. To show understanding, to demonstrate appeasement. To face East once in a while. To have open borders. To ignore our sovereignty. To ignore the defense of our still free and great nation.

The False Dervish on April 30, 2007 at 7:54 PM

Just one big happy globe, made up of billions of mud huts interspersed with the occasional massive estate.
Happy,happy-joy,joy.