Video: Jimbo at Blackfive notes how CNN helps terrorists — on CNN

posted at 1:33 pm on April 30, 2007 by Ian

While discussing terrorist propaganda on CNN yesterday, Sgt. Jim Hanson (aka Uncle Jimbo) at Blackfive, said CNN helped the terrorists when the network played “heinous video of snipers” shooting an American soldier:

Full segment available here.

Transcript:

FOREMAN: Let me ask you quickly, Jim, there’s been a lot made of the media improvements by the insurgents, that they’re doing a great job of getting their message out. What are we going to see from our military as we move forward against that press machine, when they try to balance it?

HANSON: You make a good point. you forced me to point out you guys did put out a pretty heinous video of snipers, of the insurgents killing U.S. troops on CNN, so you guys to some extent helped them with their own propaganda.

Comments

Isn’t it up to the press to present balanced information?
If the military fed the media positive stories it would be called propoganda, as Sgt. Hanson points out.

bopbottle on April 30, 2007 at 1:42 PM

That’s strange. The Caliphate News Network seemed to magically run out of time just as Uncle Jimbo ended that statement.

Which is sad, because I’m sure that al-Jazeera CNN had a perfectly good explanation for acting as the propaganda arm of al-Qaeda.

Misha I on April 30, 2007 at 1:44 PM

I saw that (cough, purely by chance). It was classic.

tomas on April 30, 2007 at 1:51 PM

Surely the point was lost on them.

Jaibones on April 30, 2007 at 1:54 PM

I love a good Uncle Jimbo smack down.

KelliD on April 30, 2007 at 1:58 PM

THAT was truth to power.

PRCalDude on April 30, 2007 at 2:08 PM

Was Foreman serious??? Who is “we,” paleface??

CurtZHP on April 30, 2007 at 2:16 PM

“FOREMAN: Let me ask you quickly, Jim…”

I know, it’s not like there’s a time limit on T.V. segments.

Nonfactor on April 30, 2007 at 2:39 PM

That was fantastic.

unamused on April 30, 2007 at 2:42 PM

It’s a nice catch 22. If you disseminate propaganda, the free press attacks the propaganda and renders it ineffective. If you don’t bother with propaganda, the free press attacks you for failing to match the enemy’s propaganda.

I don’t necessarily think that shouldn’t be the case, though; it’s a liability our form of Republic just may have to suffer during times of war. The problem today, though, isn’t just that we aren’t producing enough propaganda, or that the press is undermining that propaganda, but that much of the press is actually investing itself in actively disseminating enemy propaganda.

I don’t see how that should be an inherent liability.

Blacklake on April 30, 2007 at 2:47 PM

I know, it’s not like there’s a time limit on T.V. segments.

Nonfactor on April 30, 2007 at 2:39 PM

You’re probably right. Since the YouTube clip ends right there, I missed the rebuttal right after the commercials.

After all, being charged with aiding and abetting terrorists isn’t something that you’d want to leave unanswered.

Well, unless it was true, of course.

Misha I on April 30, 2007 at 2:48 PM

Go Uncle Jimbo!

Blackfive rocks!

techno_barbarian on April 30, 2007 at 3:05 PM

I know, it’s not like there’s a time limit on T.V. segments.

Nonfactor on April 30, 2007 at 2:39 PM

Hey non, there are lots of fun facts you’ve conveniently run away from on some of the other threads from this weekend. You should really take a look at those before you post too much more.

You just keep looking more and more foolish.

Just trying to help.

techno_barbarian on April 30, 2007 at 3:07 PM

“This is PWNED-N-N”
/James Earl Jones

BohicaTwentyTwo on April 30, 2007 at 3:10 PM

Last time we see him on CNN.

right2bright on April 30, 2007 at 3:25 PM

Last time we see him on CNN.

Blacklist’d!

Bad Candy on April 30, 2007 at 3:36 PM

Truth to power – my furry butt.

Are we at war, or not?!

Are the laws for treason & sedition still on the books, or not?!

Are all politicians scum sucking slugs, and is there a pair of cajones that God gave man among any of em?!

“When in the course of human events, it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another…”

locomotivebreath1901 on April 30, 2007 at 3:40 PM

Last time we see him on CNN.

Unless they come across a video of someone taking him out.

fogw on April 30, 2007 at 3:41 PM

I love the way Jimbo’s eyes light up as he realizes that they were stupid enough to ask him this question

mesablue on April 30, 2007 at 7:16 PM

Carpet bomb the middle east with Ipods? That’s so crazy it just might work…

mojowire on April 30, 2007 at 9:55 PM

BOOM SHAKA LAKA>>>>

PinkyBigglesworth on April 30, 2007 at 10:13 PM

Well I agree about one thing. Carpet Bombing…I just don’t know if iPods will help. They’ll just hack them and put MP3s of the call to prayer.

Tim Burton on April 30, 2007 at 11:37 PM