Hillary to drop “Rodham” for Presidential campaign

posted at 8:01 pm on April 29, 2007 by Ian

According to Raw Story, Hearst Newspapers will report that Hillary Clinton will drop her maiden name “Rodham” in her campaign for President.

Here are a few excerpts via Raw Story:

# Clinton identifies herself as “Hillary Clinton” in her campaign press releases and on her campaign website. The lone mention of her maiden name is in a campaign biography that says “Hillary’s father, Hugh Rodham, was the son of a factory worker from Scranton, Pa.”

# She continues to use “Hillary Rodham Clinton” in her New York-focused press releases and in the Senate.

# Clinton appeared surprised last week when asked why her presidential campaign had dropped her maiden name. Clinton laughed, shook her head and replied: “I haven’t, I haven’t,” before dashing off.

# Howard Wolfson, a top communications adviser to Clinton, downplayed any significance to the change. Asked if it was a strategic decision to drop “Rodham,” Wolfson replied: “That’s a fair question, but there’s no plan behind it.”

Comments

She is probably more of a liar than her little beard-boy of a husband.
With even less shame.

bbz123 on April 29, 2007 at 8:07 PM

How did this person get this far? A senator with a Presidential campaign?

Let’s ask Vince Foste…. oh.yeah.

I do not just question her patriotism, but her humanity. Both are curiously absent.

CrimsonFisted on April 29, 2007 at 8:12 PM

She’d be better off dropping “Clinton” from her name…

JetBoy on April 29, 2007 at 8:13 PM

She’d be better off and so would we if she would just plain drop.

Viper1 on April 29, 2007 at 8:15 PM

She did the same thing when her husband was running. Back in 1992, she was simply Hillary Clinton. Once Bill was in, all the sudden it was Hillary RODHAM Clinton.

CurtZHP on April 29, 2007 at 8:18 PM

She wants to be PC and she’s probably afraid of the Muslim Brotherhoods reprisal for a name like RodHAM !

sonnyspats1 on April 29, 2007 at 8:19 PM

Gotta give old Rush Limbaugh credit; he made a big to-do a couple of weeks ago that she would start emphasizing the ‘Clinton’ part of her name as the campaign went on. He made it his ‘official’ program policy to only refer to her now as ‘Mrs Bill Clinton’. He pegged her on that one.

austinnelly on April 29, 2007 at 8:21 PM

Reaching the pinnacle of politics is like climbing Mount Everest … btw, speaking of Mount Everest, did you know Hillary was named in honor of …., whoops, look at the time, I’ve got to take the cookies out of the oven.

Dusty on April 29, 2007 at 8:21 PM

This remains me of an old King of the Hill where Hank becomes a very popular substitute shop teacher and after being let go…Peggy who is running for a substitute teacher award instructs her students to vote for Mrs Hank Hill to try to take advantage of his popularity.

mlong on April 29, 2007 at 8:34 PM

Pfftttt…..she can go ahead and drop the Rodham….but HA needs to make sure they keep that photo under the headline, a picture is worth a thousand words.

Limerick on April 29, 2007 at 8:46 PM

She is such a phoney. Notice how she mentions her father

All that says was he was born. What about he was a Republican all his life, a staunch supporter of Barry Goldwater and was a wealthy business man? Guess she forgot to mention those small facts.

Wade on April 29, 2007 at 8:47 PM

Desperate times call for desperate measures. Next, she’ll be calling Obama “Barack Hussein Obama”.

He really needs to watch his back.

SouthernGent on April 29, 2007 at 8:49 PM

I’ll still call her The Pantsuit.

JammieWearingFool on April 29, 2007 at 8:49 PM

The Pantsuit

Click Here

Wade on April 29, 2007 at 8:55 PM

Wade on April 29, 2007 at 8:55 PM

Funny stuff on your site Wade. I couldn’t get in to leave a comment. Oh well next time. Is that pic of HRC real?

sonnyspats1 on April 29, 2007 at 9:06 PM

I forgot the pantsuit one. That was a great one, too.

Dusty on April 29, 2007 at 9:09 PM

Watch now if her campaign posters say just “Clinton” rather than “Hillary” or HRC. See if she is going to ride BJ’s coat tails.

Mallard T. Drake on April 29, 2007 at 9:10 PM

As usual, fluffy news filler instead of reporting on what Madam Clinton plans to do once prez (*ack*) – the kind of magnifying glass reporting the media subjects hapless Democrat candidates to whom they think are blocking the view of their favored one, along with the vicious attacks they perform on Republicans.
Tired of empty reporting. Also, what’s with the outer space subjects that keep landing on our front pages whenever something significant is going on politically? “Life on Mars” – deep six Kemp V.P. announcement; “Killed Life on Mars – the Peroxide Murders” – Iraq something or another; “Hey, Pretty Mathematically Sure that’s a planet thirty zillion lightyears over there; possible paradise – no Republicans” – just can’t figure out what story that was hiding. Was Hillary up to something?

naliaka on April 29, 2007 at 9:11 PM

Minus the extremely well greased Clinton KGB, political graft machine, would Hill even be on the radar?

Somehow, I don’t think she would get far on her own merits.

Without the the big boss liberal leverage. Hill just isn’t that level of player.

Speakup on April 29, 2007 at 9:25 PM

I wonder what the “Clinton War Room” is planning for Hot Air for using “The Picture”……. Makes me want join a Monastery….

PinkyBigglesworth on April 29, 2007 at 9:44 PM

This woman has absolutely no shame.

csdeven on April 29, 2007 at 9:50 PM

…and the Earth is flat…

“You can call me Hillary; or you can call me Clinton, but you doesn’t hafta call me Rodham!”

But you can call me, like the AP did “a linguistic polyglot” because I say that “America is ready for a multilingual president”.

We are all soooo smart…

Note to self – need to increase garbage cans, soon.

Entelechy on April 29, 2007 at 9:54 PM

Brilliant, and an obscure pop culture reference as well. Are you Dennis Miller by chance?

jaleach on April 29, 2007 at 9:57 PM

She is dropping it because of that old joke:

Q: Who is the meanest woman in the world?

A: Tonya Rodham Bobbitt

crosspatch on April 29, 2007 at 9:58 PM

So, instead of Hiliary Rotten Von Der Schlikmeister, it’s simply Hiliary Von Der Schlikmeister?

steveegg on April 29, 2007 at 9:59 PM

sonnyspats1 on April 29, 2007 at 9:34 PM

ROFL!
We’ve been looking at Mars when we should have been peering at Venus.

naliaka on April 29, 2007 at 10:12 PM

PB Yes I would be concerned also with the recent information of BC perging the Federal appointed attorneys after his election. The Clintons left a trail of bodies and scandle. OMG SANTUARY SANTUARY!!!!!

sonnyspats1 on April 29, 2007 at 10:13 PM

Are you Dennis Miller by chance?

jaleach on April 29, 2007 at 9:57 PM

“You can call me “brilliant”; or you can call me Entelechy, but you doesn’t hafta call me Dennis Miller!” :)

No, I’m not Dennis Miller – there’s only one and he’s the talented one. What would he say to this “Rodham, in”, “Rodham, out” business?

What will the feminists say?

Entelechy on April 29, 2007 at 10:14 PM

Can the heading word “Rodham” be changed to “OUT”?

profitsbeard on April 29, 2007 at 10:22 PM

Hillary Rodham Clinton – I’ll stand by my man.

Entelechy on April 29, 2007 at 10:26 PM

naliaka on April 29, 2007 at 10:12 PM

Venus yes but there is the rest of the solar system to explore!

sonnyspats1 on April 29, 2007 at 10:39 PM

Go hillary go ! Win the democratic nomination !

4 more years of republican rule baby !

William Amos on April 29, 2007 at 10:47 PM

Gee, maybe she can just drop POLITICS! Dear God PLEASE don’t let her make President! She says she’ll even have Bill on her staff. The writing is on the wall people. What a circus it would be…. an absolute circus more than the last time.

johnnyU on April 29, 2007 at 11:29 PM

What will the feminists say?

Nothing. Not a word. If they didn’t say anything about the cigar and the intern, why quibble over a name?

jaleach on April 29, 2007 at 11:29 PM

I can’t even imagine the level of obnoxiousness that will emanate from the liberals if Hillary wins. It’ll be four to eight years of feeling like I need a shower constantly.

I don’t think the country can take another four to eight years of Clintonmania. And with the left emboldened as never before over very controversial issues–gay marriage, national healthcare, gun control–I foresee an assassin’s bullet or a military coup if ANY of these clowns get into the White House. Then where will we be? Up the Rubicon without a paddle, I’d say. All of this is feeling so Rome to me now, with nuclear weapons and Islamofascists thrown in to up the ante.

jaleach on April 29, 2007 at 11:42 PM

She may as well drop her own name from the Presidential campaign. The MSM does not appear to be in the mood for another Clinton presidency. Certainly not while Obama is soooo full of it hot.

thedecider on April 29, 2007 at 11:49 PM

I get that impression too. It’s like they’re waiting to see how much money Obama can raise before totally throwing their support behind him. Which means Hillary goes under the bus.

Here’s another ominous sign that the Pantsuit is in trouble: Bob Woodward’s about to release an unauthorized biography based largely on interviews and documents from close Hillary confidants. Advance word on the MSM sites doesn’t bode well for her. It’s one thing when a “right wing nut” like Barbara Olsen or Amanda Carpenter write books blasting Hillary, but when the hero of the modern media establisment comes out with a book that has the dirt, it’s an ominous sign.

jaleach on April 29, 2007 at 11:56 PM

jaleach on April 29, 2007 at 11:56 PM

Forgive my “Dr Evil” laugh, but I can’t wait to see this woman’s presidential dreams go down in flames, and the arrogant Billy Jeff’s derision over why it happened (vast right wing conspiracy?). Honestly, with what the Dem’s are throwing up (pun intended) as candidates lately, I see a Republican President in the White House come 2008. I wasn’t sure last election, but I’m standing behind this one.

thedecider on April 30, 2007 at 12:12 AM

Bob Woodward’s Carl Bernstein’s about to release an unauthorized biography based largely on interviews and documents from close Hillary confidants. Advance word on the MSM sites doesn’t bode well for her. It’s one thing when a “right wing nut” like Barbara Olsen or Amanda Carpenter write books blasting Hillary, but when the hero of the modern media establisment comes out with a book that has the dirt, it’s an ominous sign.

jaleach on April 29, 2007 at 11:56 PM

jaleach, it’s Carl Bernstein, the other half of the Watergate ‘giants’.

The link is great – it reminded me of the “congenital liar” – this will be the revived theme for the next 1 1/2 years. Most telling:

Bernstein’s biography is likely to touch some raw nerves. One writer who has crossed swords with Clinton advises Bernstein to watch his back. “She has the most powerful war machine that has ever been developed and it is led by people who have been to hell and back.”

Entelechy on April 30, 2007 at 12:21 AM

jaleach, it’s Carl Bernstein, the other half of the Watergate ‘giants’.

Aaarrrgh! Thanks for the correction. I hate when I make glaring errors like that.

The book’s bound to be a lot of fun, though, don’t you think? Let’s hope Bernstein’s car doesn’t blow up in the next few weeks. Or that he’s found lying in a park somewhere with a pistol in his hand.

jaleach on April 30, 2007 at 12:29 AM

Rush nails it. Now that Obama is turning up the heat, she’ll be running as Mrs. Clinton… a twofer with BJ as roving ambassador to the world. So blessed are we.

petefrt on April 30, 2007 at 12:29 AM

Yeah, that debate was something else the other night, wasn’t it? I thought I heard a few strains from “Send in the Clowns” at the beginning.

One thing we should give President Bush credit for is that his mere presence has revealed the Democratic Party for what it really is. Back in the day they used to pussyfoot around their little causes come election day. Not anymore. Now they fall all over themselves to see who can trumpet the loudest support for gay marriage, gun control, higher taxes, and all the rest of their lousy ideas. Subtlety and self-control has gone out the window with these folks.

jaleach on April 30, 2007 at 12:34 AM

yeah, but you can just imagine her timetable for the days following her election

day 1 – return all the stuff we liberated last time we lived at the white house

day 2 – divorce the philandering bastard

day 3 – change name to President Hilary Rodham

day 4 – shopping

uptight on April 30, 2007 at 12:34 AM

Day 5 – taking all of whitey’s s*** and giving it to the poor.

jaleach on April 30, 2007 at 12:40 AM

I thought I heard a few strains from “Send in the Clowns” at the beginning.
jaleach on April 30, 2007 at 12:34 AM

Of course you did, and it couldn’t have been more appropriate. A few bars for the less learned:

Don’t you love farce?
My fault I fear.
I thought that you’d want what I want.
Sorry, my dear.
But where are the clowns?
Quick, send in the clowns.
Don’t bother, they’re here.

Looks like a great wrap-up for what was, the Democrat candidate debate.

thedecider on April 30, 2007 at 12:41 AM

She is probably more of a liar than her little beard-boy of a husband.
With even less shame.

bbz123 on April 29, 2007 at 8:07 PM

Fixed it, bbz.

BacaDog on April 30, 2007 at 7:10 AM

OT, but I have to mention this….

Tim Russert SKEWERD greasy Joe yesterday on Meet The Press. It was a beeeeauuuuuutiful thing. I knew this guy was a tool, but for crips sake I don’t know how he can speak with a straight face.

csdeven on April 30, 2007 at 7:40 AM

Couldn’t Shrillary just drop and be done with it?

lynnv on April 30, 2007 at 8:15 AM

I think the best image to remind people what a skank she is is this one.

CrimsonFisted on April 30, 2007 at 9:11 AM

CF, nice…

As for the Rodman thing, who really gives a rat’s ass? Just another great example of Billary demonstrating that every part of her persona is a political calculation, right down to her name.

Illusion, thy name is Hillary.

Exit Question: have the Democrats decided that they would rather embrace the far left lib/socialist that they trust (Obama), than run the risk that the center-leaning feminist (Hillary) that they like is a total fake?

Jaibones on April 30, 2007 at 9:21 AM

I have never been impressed with the Hill. My mom (God rest her) and I would have discussions about it. Mom, who liked her (mostly because Daddy didn’t, methinks–the cornerstone of their marriage was disagreeing about politics), would say that she was so smart, blah, blah, blah.

Mom, I’d say, I went to Cal. I saw women smarter than me, and way smarter than HRC, every darn day of the week. I’m not impressed with smart. There’s a lot more to a person than “smart,” and HRC ain’t got none of it.

I still don’t think much of her, and I do NOT trust her as far as I could throw Bill.

Bob's Kid on April 30, 2007 at 9:53 AM

Mrs. Bill Clinton – First Fem Cuckold

franksalterego on April 30, 2007 at 11:56 AM

This is an interesting observation. I remember reading when George W. Bush ran the first time about some poll that showed that many people who voted for Bush thought they were voting for the 1st George Bush. It was simple name recognition. And with Pres. contests so close this could be crucial.

If she uses “Clinton” this will be why.

Rightwingsparkle on April 30, 2007 at 12:04 PM

We have:

- Angelina Jolie – U.N. Goodwill Ambassador
- Angelina Jolie – since Feb. 2007, on the think tank Council on Foreign Relations for a special five-year term designed to “nurture the next generation of foreign policy makers”
- Miss Universe, and then, beginning of 2009,
- Bill Clinton – Ambassador to the World

Oh, yeah, the girls need and elder and experienced advisor…

Entelechy on April 30, 2007 at 12:57 PM