Funny: Iowahawk on Gun Control Screed

posted at 9:23 am on April 28, 2007 by see-dubya

Howdy, folks. See-Dubya here filling in for Allah over the next few days. Where’s Allah? Well, I think he went to Ireland. At least on the phone he told me something about wanting to “go sniff some Derry air.”

All right, maybe this is more your speed: remember the Dan Simpson police-state gun control rant that Bryan linked yesterday? It’s almost beyond parody. But not, however, for a talented parodist like Iowahawk.

Funny thing about gun control: you ask most liberals about the drug war and they’ll say it’s unconstitutional, brutal, and unwinnable.

Then they turn around and want to do exactly the same thing with guns…

Comments

My kids love them “Where’s Allah?” books.

saint kansas on April 28, 2007 at 9:26 AM

New Hampshire, fershure.

Tru2my2 on April 28, 2007 at 9:43 AM

Nobody could even accuse the left of consistency, See-Dub.

Bob's Kid on April 28, 2007 at 9:43 AM

Ironically, without the drug war, there would be less guns on the street.

As a conservative libertarian I am as against as drug prohibition as I am against gun prohibition.

JayHaw Phrenzie on April 28, 2007 at 10:03 AM

My kids love them “Where’s Allah?” books.

saint kansas on April 28, 2007 at 9:26 AM

I enjoy them myself!

amerpundit on April 28, 2007 at 10:07 AM

Welcome back See-Dub!

Great link to IowaHawk’s Art-tickle!

Ya know, I drive by a coupla “Milk Producing Farms” all the time…

Why would anyone wanna smell “Dairy-Air”?

-Wasteland Man.

WastelandMan on April 28, 2007 at 10:22 AM

Why would anyone wanna smell “Dairy-Air”?

All the Sheryl Crowe posts this week intrigued AP. What can we say?

lorien1973 on April 28, 2007 at 11:07 AM

Although written in 2002, Bill Whittle’s essay “Freedom” addresses Simpson’s rant. Just re-read it, and it holds up.
a

skeeter on April 28, 2007 at 12:17 PM

skeeter on April 28, 2007 at 12:17 PM

It’s clear I don’t know how to use tags…..

skeeter on April 28, 2007 at 12:18 PM

I had trouble figuring out just what the differences were between Iowa’s parody and the Dan Simpson original. Iowa’s was longer, right?

Aylios on April 28, 2007 at 12:56 PM

Meta Guards, cool

americaslaststand on April 28, 2007 at 1:57 PM

The guvment may want to make sure they’ve got lots of extra folks on their Special Squads, since there is likely to be a severe shortage after they go to work in my area.

old_dawg on April 28, 2007 at 2:12 PM

I love Iowahawk’s takedowns.

Bad Candy on April 28, 2007 at 2:15 PM

Derry-Air, Dairy-Air, Derriere. Hmm, given a potential context, not so much difference among them as might first be thought.

Freelancer on April 28, 2007 at 2:57 PM

OMG. I thought the original WAS the parody… Wow.

tadams1138 on April 28, 2007 at 6:43 PM

Aylios on April 28, 2007 at 12:56 PM

I can do you one better. I read the parody first, and then was horrified to discover what was actually in the real version.

Wolfman on April 28, 2007 at 8:12 PM

The really sad thing is that you could take the original article….

Substitute references’ of firearms/gun owners/etc with Jews.

Substitute references’ of Cho with Hitler.

Substitute VTech with Europe

And you get a new article (that needs only minor corrections).

F15Mech on April 28, 2007 at 8:14 PM

“go sniff some Derry air.”

BOO!!

Jim Treacher on April 28, 2007 at 9:09 PM

Not Really On Topic But: Webb’s 2nd Amend. Follies
“The senator said later he did not give Thompson the gun but refused to say whether it was his.”

What a complete ASSCLOWN Webb is and what a Sham our gun laws our when someone powerful and connected can Decline to answer whether they are the owner of a pistol used or carried in violation of the law, when pistols are so heavily regulated.

Could any regular person decline to answer whether they are the owner of a pistol and thereby avoid any consequences for irresponsible condcut related to said firearm? I think not.

I love the second amendment and hate to see it abused in this fashion. If Webb had any huevos he would own up to owning the handgun in question. If the investigators had any huevos they would run the serial number and face Webb with his ownership and subsequent irrresponsible behavior.

America1st on April 29, 2007 at 1:52 AM

If Iowahawk would go a bit further, he could claim his article to be another “Modest Proposal”. The problm is…we KNOW, without any real effort, his article is saterical.

The Jonathan Swifts of our time are the Ann Coulters and Rush Limbaughs. And just like the wisdom behind “A Modest Proposal”, the message behind much of Ann and Rush’s comments are waaaaaaayy over the head of most. When that happens, the calls for sensoring is deafining to the point that even so called conservatives jump on the libs PC bandwagon.

csdeven on April 29, 2007 at 6:07 AM

csdeven on April 29, 2007 at 6:07 AM

Good call.

As Wolfman posted, read the parody first. Hadn’t planned to read the Simpson article, but when I did I had to go back and reread the IowaHawk bit. Couldn’t believe how little had to be added.

He’d honestly advocate surprise, unwarranted, house-to-house searches by special police squads. I’m sure this is the sort of tool that calls the current administration a pack of fascists, yet demands this sort of thing. Unhinged indeed.

Freelancer on April 29, 2007 at 9:35 AM