Video: “Tell Us the Mission”

posted at 8:12 pm on April 27, 2007 by Allahpundit

Comically awful. It’s the latest brainchild of “Outfoxed” director Robert Greenwald, whose production company seems to specialize these days in poorly designed “educational” websites attacking conservatives — “Fox Attacks,” “The Real McCain,” and now this abortion with its hokey design-your-own-banner widget.

That provides the cheese; this sneering tool in the video does the grating. The plan seems to have been to find some white guy who can’t rap but can project “street,” then studiously avoid adding any sort of beat that might make the ordeal of listening to him minimally tolerable. Just try to sit through it. Good lord.

Update: I feel obliged to redeem that awfulness somehow. This one’s also anti-Bush/anti-war (in passing), but cheeky, catchy, fun, etc etc.

Comments

Wow, that was dope.

John from WuzzaDem on April 27, 2007 at 8:17 PM

Er, I mean dopey.

John from WuzzaDem on April 27, 2007 at 8:17 PM

Make your own banner. it’s fun!

lorien1973 on April 27, 2007 at 8:18 PM

So, are the “iraqi love” videos currently on youtube too hot for hotair? The donkeys seem to enjoy it.

lorien1973 on April 27, 2007 at 8:19 PM

He kind of looks like that guy who shot the 3 NY State Troopers recently.

EnochCain on April 27, 2007 at 8:21 PM

That person in the video isn’t just a random guy. Look him up on Def Poetry Jam.

P.S. You don’t use a beat with the style he was using. Content warning:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SY7pM8k8moY (Christians might like this one)

Nonfactor on April 27, 2007 at 8:28 PM

P.S. You don’t use a beat with the style he was using. Content warning:
youtube.com/watch?v=SY7pM8k8moY (Christians might like this one)
youtube.com/watch?v=Pff61X0E3zc
youtube.com/watch?v=nbgCa41zJZY
youtube.com/watch?v=wD-UpHlB9no

Nonfactor on April 27, 2007 at 8:28 PM

I’ll take your word for it and not even bothher watching it.

Besides, I wouldn’t want to boost his viewed count or anything.

Yakko77 on April 27, 2007 at 8:29 PM

That isn’t his stuff. I’ve only seen a couple of his videos. Those are videos of other guys on the same platform.

Nonfactor on April 27, 2007 at 8:31 PM

Look him up on Def Poetry Jam.

I don’t care what his CV is. Did you watch it? Oof.

Allahpundit on April 27, 2007 at 8:33 PM

I gave it the benefit of 20 seconds before the migraine kicked in. I was wrong. It took 15.

MrC_5150 on April 27, 2007 at 8:35 PM

I don’t care what his CV is.

Obviously. I was simply informing the people.

Did you watch it? Oof.

Yes. What is “Oof”?

Nonfactor on April 27, 2007 at 8:39 PM

What is “Oof”?

“Oof” as in baaaaad.

Allahpundit on April 27, 2007 at 8:43 PM

Yes. What is “Oof”?

Nonfactor on April 27, 2007 at 8:39 PM

Palabra…

PinkyBigglesworth on April 27, 2007 at 9:02 PM

Oof as in Doh!

Pablo on April 27, 2007 at 9:05 PM

Or Oofta.

Glynn on April 27, 2007 at 9:09 PM

Doesn’t the first video imply that Osama wanted us to attack Iraq?

But I thought Iraq had nothing to do with al Queda. This is confusing.

birkel on April 27, 2007 at 9:11 PM

birkel on April 27, 2007 at 9:11 PM

Fallacy. Wouldn’t Osama want us to attack England? But I thought England had nothing to do with Al Qaeda. This is confusing.

Nonfactor on April 27, 2007 at 9:14 PM

Would it be insensitive of me to say that is the worst white-guy imitation I’ve ever heard?

HerrMorgenholz on April 27, 2007 at 9:18 PM

Umm…word to your mother?

Bad Candy on April 27, 2007 at 9:21 PM

Artists who needs em. It’s just a job title invented by losers who oversleep and are always late for work.

sonnyspats1 on April 27, 2007 at 9:24 PM

Am I wrong for having really liked that second song?

Verbal Abuse on April 27, 2007 at 9:36 PM

This guy has got to be a White House “false flag” op planted by KKKarl Rove to make the anti-war movement look stupid, right?

Is this for real?

His nanny goat little chin fur, his “I’m from the streets” posturing, his pseudo-urban tough guy accent, everything about him, every bone in his body reeks of being a total and complete douche.

Oh God…I just went to his website…he’s an “actor/writer/poet”

TRIPLE THREAT!

mrflashman on April 27, 2007 at 9:38 PM

HerrMorgenholz on April 27, 2007 at 9:18 PM

LOL!

naliaka on April 27, 2007 at 10:13 PM

I kept waiting for him to scream Stella.

Glynn on April 27, 2007 at 10:25 PM

“How could you create life on the foundation of death?”

Ask the Palestinians. I don’t know how, but they’re still there, despite loving death so much.

And after that poignant, moving spoken-word poetry piece.. What should we do about Iraq?

BUMPER STICKERS! WOO!!

And yes, I liked the second one. I hate to admit it but I think I’m a sucker for music like that, Streets included. Dammit.

Reaps on April 27, 2007 at 10:31 PM

There isn’t much room to call this comically awful when just yesterday this site featured this embarrassingly bad goodbye to Rosie O’Donnell.

mufsidoon on April 27, 2007 at 10:50 PM

mufsidoon on April 27, 2007 at 10:50 PM

Except here they were joking…

EnochCain on April 27, 2007 at 11:12 PM

“How could you create life on the foundation of death?”

Reaps on April 27, 2007 at 10:31 PM

That’s just stupid an inhumane. But I guess you like to pretend like no innocent Palestinians are ever killed.

Nonfactor on April 27, 2007 at 11:40 PM

So that’s what Vanilla Ice has been up to.

Wiggazzzzzzzzz….

The Ugly American on April 27, 2007 at 11:46 PM

Nonfactor on April 27, 2007 at 11:40 PM

You’re ‘confused’ a lot, aren’t you? Could it be due to you being a leftie bee-yatch whose hobby is biting the ankles of conservative adults?

Janos Hunyadi on April 27, 2007 at 11:49 PM

Nonfactor-

You’re right.

Palestinians are killing innocent Palestinians daily.

Boneheads.

Mesmerized by the delusional drug of the pedophile “prophet”.

profitsbeard on April 27, 2007 at 11:50 PM

He has street crud.

Coyote D. on April 28, 2007 at 12:03 AM

Janos Hunyadi on April 27, 2007 at 11:49 PM

Are you arguing that innocent Palestinians haven’t been killed by the Israeli military? Or did you just want to say “bee-yatch”?

profitsbeard on April 27, 2007 at 11:50 PM

Oh. I was mistaken. The only people killing innocent Palestinians are other innocent Palestinians. Why can’t I be as smart as you, profitsbeard?

Nonfactor on April 28, 2007 at 12:17 AM

Nonfactor Hmm… I see the truth in advertising ordinance is in effect tonight.

sonnyspats1 on April 28, 2007 at 12:28 AM

This guy dropped not only science, but also his English, ethics, and music classes.

Jim Treacher on April 28, 2007 at 12:35 AM

Nonfactor Hmm… I see the truth in advertising ordinance is in effect tonight.

sonnyspats1 on April 28, 2007 at 12:28 AM

I’m sure I could develop a law for something like this like they have in Physics: The more Nonfactor makes others look ignorant the probability of making fun of his name increases.

Nonfactor on April 28, 2007 at 12:35 AM

Boot camp would do this dork wonders.

Mojave Mark on April 28, 2007 at 1:11 AM

Nonfactor on April 28, 2007 at 12:35 AM

Heh Heh Heh You want a piece of this law boy!

sonnyspats1 on April 28, 2007 at 1:56 AM

Allah, you are waterboarding us Hot Air addicts by making us watch this torture video. I demand my human rights. And Tara Conner.

Halley on April 28, 2007 at 1:58 AM

I’m sorry Allah, but I couldn’t make it through the first one.

Call me a failure or give me a chance to redeem myself by locking me in solitary and making me listen to the red hot chillies for 24hrs. I promise I won’t crack that time !!!

Aylios on April 28, 2007 at 2:26 AM

P.S. You don’t use a beat with the style he was using. Content warning:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SY7pM8k8moY (Christians might like this one)

Nonfactor on April 27, 2007 at 8:28 PM

He’s still a jerk, just not a random jerk.

Aylios on April 28, 2007 at 2:26 AM

Nonfactor Hmm… I see the truth in advertising ordinance is in effect tonight.

sonnyspats1 on April 28, 2007 at 12:28 AM

Nonfactor on April 28, 2007 at 12:35 AM

lol, I’m sorry to break this to you Nonfactor, but you’re not making others look ignorant. Quite the contrary.

Aylios on April 28, 2007 at 2:32 AM

Impressive. Palestinians love their children (oh, and LIFE ITSELF) so much they strap goddamn bombs to them to kill the j00s(tm) and you’re calling me‘ignorant’ and ‘inhumane’

Who are you, Michael Jackson?

You’re right though. Those damn j00s forcing those poor Palestinians to blow themselves up all the time, you have saved me from my ignorance.

What a terminal friggin’ wanker.

Reaps on April 28, 2007 at 8:01 AM

Reaps, nonfactor is just your typical vicious anti-semite. To people like that all the problems in the world are caused by the Joooooos. What kind of person defends people who blow up children in a Pizzaria and then blame the dead children?

Capitalist Infidel on April 28, 2007 at 9:34 AM

Emily Dickinson is rolling over in her grave. What passes for poetry these days…oof is right.

Matticus Finch on April 28, 2007 at 9:46 AM

I don’t know about the rest of you, but I’m willing to grant the wish of anyone who wants to be martyred for thier cause.

If they love death so much more than we love life, then why are we not killing them in greater numbers?

Rememer, if they want to die at the hands of their enemies it’s not murder.. it’s a mercy killing.

CliffHanger on April 28, 2007 at 9:52 AM

Nonfactor,

You’re harshin’ my mellow, Duuude!

Seriously though, is your real name Luis? Are you my brother in law?, cause you sound just like him.

silenced majority on April 28, 2007 at 10:30 AM

Wow! I see! It’s all so clear now. By killing murdering Islam O’ Facists, we fell right into their trap! Silly us.
So, what we need to do is let them kill us. Yeah! That will ruin their whole plan.

I wonder if this guy can do a rap about what its like to be so much smarter than everyone else and to have the mystical ability to channel the mind of OBL.

ronsfi on April 28, 2007 at 11:10 AM

Excrutiatingly painful and dishonest, of course.
Second one was great though, very funny. Especially

“Guns, bitches and bling were never part of the four elements [of Hip Hop]“

Peace out!

SouthernDem on April 28, 2007 at 11:34 AM

…find some white guy who can’t rap but can project “street,”…

“project”? You kiddin? This guy obvioulsy thinks he is Da Man in his world. He’s the kind of guy that, years ago, would have a cigarette perpetually taped to his lower lip and on the few occasions he lit it, would squint and snarl through the smoke.

eeyore on April 28, 2007 at 12:14 PM

The idiot in that first video sure snarled a lot like a real man, however I bet the very first time he ever finds his life genuinely threatened he falls to the ground curls up in a fetal position and whimpers like a baby crying for his mommy.

Rock On…………..

doriangrey on April 28, 2007 at 12:41 PM

Capitalist Infidel on April 28, 2007 at 9:34 AM

You’re absolutely correct! It’s obvious I hate Jews because I stated that innocent Palestinians are being killed by Israelis. I mean, someone can’t make a statement like that unless they hate Jews…

The willingness to call someone an anti-Semite is very strong on sites like this, but when someone claims racism towards blacks you act like it’s the stupidest thing someone has said.

You’re harshin’ my mellow, Duuude!

silenced majority on April 28, 2007 at 10:30 AM

Quoted for hilarity.

Nonfactor on April 28, 2007 at 1:12 PM

mrflashman on April 27, 2007 at 9:38 PM

Oooh! I thought he looked familiar…he’s that guy from Fantastic Four right?

Viewtifulgare on April 28, 2007 at 1:21 PM

Allah,
They BOTH suck—tremedously.

auspatriotman on April 28, 2007 at 1:26 PM

So, an illiterate nerdy wigger with an IQ of about 60 and Cleric looking bearded British twit are lecturing me about morality. Sheesh! Bite my shiney metal ass!

Egfrow on April 28, 2007 at 2:10 PM

Nonfactor,

Palesitians die because the Islamic world wants the Palestinian “refugees” to stay right there in harm’s way, rather than assimiliate them into a real country. What you don’t know is that the Jews never kicked anybody out of Israel. For decades indigenous Arabs lived free and equal in Israel, until Arab nations planned to invade, and warned those indigenous non-Israelis to not be there. Thus were born the palestinian “refugees”, not by ejection, but meant to become pawns for political and publicity purposes to make Israel look evil.

Study some unfiltered history and shake off the bonds of your ignorance.

Freelancer on April 28, 2007 at 2:29 PM

Freelancer on April 28, 2007 at 2:29 PM

The Palestinians die because people kill them, to try and weasel your way around a secondary answer makes as much sense as saying that people in the ghetto die because they live there–no, they die because people kill them.

Nonfactor on April 28, 2007 at 5:58 PM

but cheeky, catchy, fun, etc etc.

Sex Pistols…just a band!

Cheeky bastid!

kiakjones on April 28, 2007 at 11:27 PM

Fo Shizzle my Nizzles

iNeXuS on April 29, 2007 at 1:45 AM

He wanted to be Al Sharpton or Danny Glover, but God tortures him by making him white. Heh.

He’s exactly like those transsexuals who were born as guys, but think they’re really girls…on this inside. He’s a self-hating transracial.

I’m sure we get our own share of weirdos, but the far left gets all of these guys/girls, and that must hurt … a lot.

Jaibones on April 29, 2007 at 10:42 AM

Doesn’t Hillary Clinton use this vid to practice before speaking before a black audience?

serenevalley on April 29, 2007 at 3:33 PM

The guy seems a little old to be doing a scene for freshman acting class…how many times did he flunk?

Candy Slice on April 29, 2007 at 9:27 PM

take the words of Syd Barrett in vain?

what a twat.