Video: Green eggs and HamNation

posted at 2:17 pm on April 27, 2007 by Allahpundit

She’s out on the tightrope with this one — current events, Dr. Seuss, and a Pennebakerish “Subterranean Homesick Blues” format, all melded in the service of taking down Dirty Harry Reid. It shouldn’t work. But like fusion cuisine, it does, my friends. It does.

I had a little trouble concentrating, though, because of that sultry voiceover. Is it just me or was it kind of … hot?

Click the image to watch.

ham-seuss.jpg

Comments

Is it just me or was it kind of … hot?

Lawrence on April 27, 2007 at 2:22 PM

I call B.S. I only got as far as the picture of Dingy Harry, but that voiceover was definitely not hot. Not hot.

I happened upon a bit of insomnia last night, however, and so did Miss Ham. I was prepared to have a little fun pillow chat with her at 3am as she commented on something or other, but she gave me the cold shoulder.

Still, Mom is not a likely substitute.

Jaibones on April 27, 2007 at 2:23 PM

Cute.

And true.

unamused on April 27, 2007 at 2:26 PM

I thought the thunder at the end was a bit out of place.

CurtZHP on April 27, 2007 at 2:28 PM

I think Ham beat your cheerleading skit Michelle, even with the miniskirt factored in.

Bad Candy on April 27, 2007 at 2:29 PM

Jaibones on April 27, 2007 at 2:23 PM

But you rebuffed my advances… kind of hurt.

Bradky on April 27, 2007 at 2:29 PM

Oh, and MK was what was hot about the video.

I’m sure she gets tire of hearing that, but those eyes of hers are captivating.

Incidentally, great rework of Green Eggs and Ham, and so quickly too. I think her beauty often distracts us from MK’s true gift: her mind.

unamused on April 27, 2007 at 2:29 PM

Oh, and MK was what was hot about the video.

She really was. I thought she looked a teensy bit, er, zaftig on CNN recently, but obviously it was just a camera trick.

Allahpundit on April 27, 2007 at 2:30 PM

I thought she looked a teensy bit, er, zaftig on CNN recently

AP knows how to win the lady’s hearts!

lorien1973 on April 27, 2007 at 2:34 PM

I think that was a bit of genius. Excellent!

Allah, that was her mom’s voice. Nice voice, to be sure. And I’m certain Mrs. Ham is a perfectly lovely woman. But, dude… her mom.

SailorDave on April 27, 2007 at 2:36 PM

AP knows how to win the lady’s hearts!

Hey, I’m a sucker for a man with a big vocabulary.

And, Allah knows it’s my mom. He’s just messin’ with me and y’all.

marykatharine on April 27, 2007 at 2:39 PM

If you keep this up, AP, I may just abandon my campaign to portray Mary Katharine as the anti-Powers.

/insert obligatory comment about the feminine perfection of MKH here

Anton on April 27, 2007 at 2:45 PM

I liked it, liked it, quite a lot.
The voice it was not, was not hot.
But I liked it sitting here at work.
I liked it over there in a park.
I liked it liked it eating lunch
I liked it liked it a big whole bunch.
It may not, was not Green Eggs and Ham.
More like “Dems Sour Grapes” by Ham

Loved it.

Blaise on April 27, 2007 at 2:49 PM

I didn’t think the voice was hot…but then again, I’m a girl. Now that marine picture…..

jjjen on April 27, 2007 at 2:54 PM

I think her beauty often distracts us from MK’s true gift: her mind.

What’s that line from MASH (the TV show)? “I love your brain. Let me kiss your brain!”

I haven’t had such a crush on a celebrity since… well, since Molly Ringwald. There, I’ve said it. Jesus, what a geek.

saint kansas on April 27, 2007 at 2:55 PM

Looked like a bit of a workout. Between that and the cheerleading, I’m exhausted. Glad it’s Friday.

RedWinged Blackbird on April 27, 2007 at 2:59 PM

Nice job working in that picture of Robert Frost.

I suppose it was only a matter of time before someone rhymed “Obama” with “Llama,” but I’m glad it was you. I will not be able to hear his name again without thinking “Llama!” Heh.

Do you watch a lot of silent movies? Your expressions on this video and the previous “Better living through lefty activism” video remind me of silent-era comedies.

Keep up the good work! And when do we get to see Katie on camera? After all, Michelle lets Bryan get out in front once in a while.

Anton on April 27, 2007 at 3:00 PM

Bradky on April 27, 2007 at 2:29 PM

I can be that way. Nothing personal; I just get myopic…

Jaibones on April 27, 2007 at 3:04 PM

I love ridicule as a way of making a political point, and this was a textbook example of how effective it can be.

Props to Mary Katharine for keeping track of all the different photos … that probably wasn’t as easy as it looked.

thirteen28 on April 27, 2007 at 3:06 PM

MK, Nice rhyme and reason. Blackfive is a great viewpoint/extra for friday. Good stuff, just sayin’.

tormod on April 27, 2007 at 3:10 PM

MKH is playing games with me, this was my favorite book as a kid…well done.

jp on April 27, 2007 at 3:20 PM

I think MKH has been working out lately (not to imply she was ever zaftig, AP) – she seems even tinier than before and seems buff (in a delicate/lady-like way, not a scary female body builder way).

I’m glad the credits at the end listed General Petraeus as General Fooz. I kept looking at his picture thinking “I swear that’s General Petraeus. Am I really that uninformed that I don’t recognize a top general….especially one with such a cool name as General Fooz?”

JadeNYU on April 27, 2007 at 3:26 PM

Brilliant work, y’all! I hardly get a chance to recover from each laugh when along comes another delightful surprise—and they just keep coming!

I’m still laughing. Funniest Ham Nation I’ve seen yet! And that includes “Better Living through Lefty Activism,” which I doubted could be topped.

p.v. cornelius on April 27, 2007 at 3:33 PM

I know Mary Katharine chimed in herself, but really Allah? Her mom. Yuck.

And in other news, we had so much fun writing this! I found quite a few of the pictures featured in the episode, but my two favorite by far were the cartoon llama (pay attention or you’ll miss it!) and the first picture of The Bangles. Those two were also, incidentally, my favorite rhymes of the bunch. Enjoy!

KatieFavazza on April 27, 2007 at 3:54 PM

Such a unique choice for inspiration but it worked so well and accurtely IMO.

Great job.

Yakko77 on April 27, 2007 at 3:56 PM

MKH… you need a Digg This link on your blog so as to make things a bit easier: http://www.digg.com/political_opinion/HamNation_I_Do_Not_Like_to_Hear_Good_News

Digg it folks!

dahat on April 27, 2007 at 3:57 PM

1. Green Eggs and Ham was my favorite book growing up too!

2. Would LOVE to see the number of outtakes on this one! That had to be very hard to do.

3. Maybe it’s my love of music, but I loved the “Let It Be” cover and using Bangles because it rhymed with “Rangel”

4. Oh by the way…very clever and entertaining! Based on the MKH pieces I’ve seen, I like her musical taste, and I think she incorporates them well in her work.

asc85 on April 27, 2007 at 4:15 PM

I’m falling in love, and that makes me sad.

askheaves on April 27, 2007 at 4:20 PM

Your best yet, MK. Strikes a daggar in the heart of the Dems outrageous lie about wanting victory. I think they’ve wanted defeat from day 1. Vietnam defines them and always will, even if surrendering to Islamofascists is the price we’ll have to pay for their moral-superiority rush.

And you look just fab!

Halley on April 27, 2007 at 4:46 PM

It is a good thing that MKH was sitting down, because clearly, from that blooper reel, she cannot dance :P

lorien1973 on April 27, 2007 at 4:56 PM

Was that legal? … being THAT smart and cute, and all, I mean.

CyberCipher on April 27, 2007 at 4:59 PM

Absolutely brilliant. Thank you, Mary Katharine!

mikeyboss on April 27, 2007 at 5:38 PM

Wow. That rocks!

Bob's Kid on April 27, 2007 at 5:52 PM

Ouch, and here I am going out dancing tonight. In my defense, that was my first DDR experience, and I found quickly that it has very little to do with dancing. I should have just shaken dat a$$, as they say, and preserved my reputation.

marykatharine on April 27, 2007 at 6:10 PM

I should have just shaken dat a$$, as they say, and preserved my reputation.

marykatharine on April 27, 2007 at 6:10 PM

Oh, ass-shaking… how I’ve longed for this simple act to supplant the curtsey at formal gatherings.

ScottMcC on April 27, 2007 at 6:29 PM

I didn’t think anything could ever outdo the Peeps episode, but that was a thing of beauty.

Tanya on April 27, 2007 at 7:46 PM

If Ham stands beside a Muslim…is it a hate crime?????

Mellen on April 27, 2007 at 8:25 PM

Funniest Random Picture….

“Robert Frost”

Bwah ha ha ha ha ha ha

-Wasteland Man.

WastelandMan on April 27, 2007 at 9:56 PM

Oh that was good!

Brava MKH!!

TwinkietheKid on April 27, 2007 at 10:33 PM

Brilliant! I laughed out loud at the Beatles, “Let it Be” album cover.

nothus on April 28, 2007 at 12:02 AM

Hammer hearza whatza Pretty neat little segment there ladies. Kudos all around. I think MKH should get the Breck Girl moniker . Nice,gettin ready for prime time?

sonnyspats1 on April 28, 2007 at 2:05 AM

Bravo, Bravo!

Brilliant!

georgej on April 28, 2007 at 2:42 AM

Gotta give some love to Katie as well.

Not all English majors are delusional psychopaths. Most, but not all.

saint kansas on April 28, 2007 at 6:26 AM

very cool

oldelpasoan on April 28, 2007 at 11:00 AM

Ha! Thank you, Saint Kansas. Way to do your homework.

KatieFavazza on April 28, 2007 at 4:07 PM

Katie,

I’m an old English major that went on to law school (and a subsequent MA in Lit.). There’s future for all of us, despite those pointless papers on Faulkner.

Spend time with bright folks like MK Ham… all will be well.

SailorDave on April 28, 2007 at 7:14 PM

but my two favorite by far were the cartoon llama

That one was my favorite as well; (ok, I giggled like a moron everytime the underpants were shown for ‘a briefing’)I watched it again just for the cartoon llama. Where did that slide come from? The style seems familiar. Well, in two ways. If any of you shop at Petsmart (or Petco) there is a line of dogtoys that look like other animals with big crazy eyes like that; but it seems like I’ve seen something similar to it. A guy I went to high school with named John Schulke did eyes like that on his cartoons; then again, I’m sure a lot of cartoonists do.
And, in the spirit of openess, the first time I watched, I did ask ‘Who’s this General Foos guy? What happened to Petreaus?’ Guess I should run as a Democrat for a house seat. Ye cats I’m an idiot.

austinnelly on April 28, 2007 at 10:21 PM

hmm. color laser printer. i guess some of us can afford things like that.

jummy on April 28, 2007 at 10:29 PM