The Top 5 Hot Air Shows + Outtakes!

posted at 9:36 am on April 27, 2007 by Bryan

Countdown the most popular shows from our first year, plus some glimpses behind the scenes.

Download for your iPod

Comments

Got any more video of MKH jumping around?

matd on April 27, 2007 at 9:43 AM

“The DELETE key!!!!!”

Thanks for sharing these. Great stuff.

Malpaso on April 27, 2007 at 9:43 AM

Glad to see that Ching-Chong and Amanda Marcotte were up there. Those two were in my Top 10.

The Gwyneth Paltrow episode was my favorite…apparently I’m in the minority on that one.

asc85 on April 27, 2007 at 10:04 AM

One suggestion. When making scripts including moonbat phraseology, I find that the word “Fisk”, while still an obscenity, is easier to insert without fumble than “flunk”.

John Ringo, a military sci-fi author, started using fisk as a genuine cuss word in “There Will Be Dragons” and I got caught up in using it.

Random Numbers (Brian Epps) on April 27, 2007 at 10:04 AM

I demand a recount. You can’t tell me “I am John Doe” didn’t break into the top 5. I think a lot of your viewers intended to vote for “I am John Doe” but due to electronic voter suppression, their votes were not counted! I will be going to court to subpoena all the emails (including those rejected by your sinister spam blocker) to rectify this grave injustice!

Your truly,
TheBigOldDog
President
People for the equitable counting of votes for John Doe

TheBigOldDog on April 27, 2007 at 10:13 AM

The homage to Angry German Kid was a nice touch.

The Monster on April 27, 2007 at 10:37 AM

TheBigOldDog on April 27, 2007 at 10:13 AM

LOL

csdeven on April 27, 2007 at 10:37 AM

Not my President! favorite Vent! What, did Diebold count the votes for you?

I’m leaving my “Vote for Silky Pony Speaks” bumper sticker on my Prius forever!

saint kansas on April 27, 2007 at 10:54 AM

P.S. I just checked out the Hot Air store to see if you had any “Michelle Malkin went to CPAC and got to play Dance Dance Revolution with Mary Katharine Ham and all I got was this lousy T-shirt…which I had to pay for” T-shirts.

Alas, no.

saint kansas on April 27, 2007 at 11:07 AM

I wondered where some of that CPAC footage(and MORE!)got lost to…

I vote for ALL BLOOPER FRIDAYS.

VOTES?

seejanemom on April 27, 2007 at 11:10 AM

asc85..

No, I am a WHINETH PALTROW Vent fan too…

seejanemom on April 27, 2007 at 11:11 AM

asc85..

No, I am a WHINETH PALTROW Vent fan too…

seejanemom on April 27, 2007 at 11:11 AM

I’m with you guys on that one. It was my second choice after the complete ownage of Olby from back in November.

I guess you can’t fight the power of the trampoline, you can only hope to contain it.

(Not that I’m complaining.)

Readymade on April 27, 2007 at 11:16 AM

Great site, Michelle and Brian you’re awesome! Nothing like snipeing some liberal-thumbsucking moonbats in the morning to start the day…!

Moonbat Sniper (aka Liberty or Death)

Liberty or Death on April 27, 2007 at 11:16 AM

Might as well Jump!

Drtuddle on April 27, 2007 at 11:19 AM

Yeah, more bloopers would be fun and, I think, popular.

JinxMcHue on April 27, 2007 at 11:26 AM

I want to see Bryan play his guitar while jumping on the mini-tramp, a la Nils Lofgren.

It would be madly popular, and think of the time it would save.

saint kansas on April 27, 2007 at 11:34 AM

You all have entirely too much fun on the job.

Yes, I’m jealous.

thirteen28 on April 27, 2007 at 11:36 AM

Bryan, is that a common reply “LOL, that wasn’t in the email.”?

That was amusing.

allie on April 27, 2007 at 12:01 PM

You all have entirely too much fun on the job.

Yes, I’m jealous.

thirteen28 on April 27, 2007 at 11:36 AM

I second that. Awesome Vent. The outakes are fun.

Esthier on April 27, 2007 at 12:01 PM

Commenter Ouabam will no longer be joining us.

Bryan on April 27, 2007 at 12:42 PM

I gotta ask: Why was their a video dance game at CPAC?

Second question: Did they have skee ball too?

SailorDave on April 27, 2007 at 12:57 PM

Make that why was there

I hate when I do that.

SailorDave on April 27, 2007 at 12:58 PM

I happened to see that comment that, mercifully, has since been stricken from the record. Good grief and good riddance. As someone who puts up with the same kind of libelous suggestions occasionally, I’m sorry you have to deal with it, Bryan.

Great job, and thanks for what you do. Thanks for keeping it real, too, with the outtakes; those were hilarious.

flutejpl on April 27, 2007 at 1:23 PM

It’s no biggee. I know what gets said at some leftwing blogs about all of us here, but I see no reason to let someone come into my house and foul up the place. It’s better just to kick them out and forget them.

Bryan on April 27, 2007 at 1:27 PM

I hadn’t seen the “dance” vid, but the screencap lighting made me think MM and MKH were in some sort of existential, Our Town-ish theatrical production.

eeyore on April 27, 2007 at 1:44 PM

Michelles a DDR fan? I’m surpised she’d be into any video games, she didn’t seem the type. I can’t play DDR cuz I’m a big clumsy white guy, plus my feet are way too big (they cover 2 footpads unless I stand on my toes, or if there’s an arcade that has it, which hasn’t been for a long time).

That’s OK, I have a Nintendo Wii now, so I have a fun interactive type game system too. Wii Sports, Rayman and WarioWare are all way fun if you can actually get your mitts on a Wii, I did (after a two and a half hour wait in the cold with not warm enough clothes).

Bad Candy on April 27, 2007 at 1:56 PM

eeyore on April 27, 2007 at 1:44 PM

Funny! That was my initial reaction as well — “WTF? HotAir does theater?” I think it’s MHK’s expression. She looks like she’s about to deliver the wistful speech of the dead in Our Town. Who could imagine she was just squinting at the Dance Dance Revolution screen?

My research indicates that nobody can play DDR without looking dorky — not even petite firecrackers!

Anton on April 27, 2007 at 2:01 PM

No doubt that you look dorky playing DDR, but its one thing to look goofy playing a game, its another to look goofy playing a game and totally suck without any prayer of getting better. Which drove me crazy, because I can become capable in most games, and excellent or masterful at others.

Bad Candy on April 27, 2007 at 2:09 PM

Nice to see outtakes… It packs an even greater punch HA hands out to the left every day… :-)

Btw, MKH and MM doing DDR: surreal, but understandable once its visualized *hehe*

rightg33k on April 27, 2007 at 2:09 PM

Bryan has the best job in the world.

Halley on April 27, 2007 at 2:12 PM

Don’t know about any of you, but I would totally pay 15 bucks + shipping for a Best of Hot Air DVD with all of the Vent episodes in broadcast TV quality and special features (outtakes, behind the scenes documentary, etc.) this Christmas.

ScottMcC on April 27, 2007 at 2:16 PM

Great Vent!

I Love the bloopers (Outakes?). How about a vent with Hot Air Folk’s favorites?

omegaram on April 27, 2007 at 2:27 PM

That’s the escape key.

Perfect delivery. :) Thanks for the bloopers…made my day.

austinnelly on April 27, 2007 at 2:46 PM

Here’s to many, many moore years of Hot Air on the web!

JG2K6 on April 27, 2007 at 3:21 PM

Nice outtakes, thanks!

Were you not able to use that last clip simply because Michelle was hitting the Escape key and yelling “the delete key!”? If so… wow. That was funny.

I’ve watched the video closely and I’m pretty sure Michelle said “f*HONK**HONK*”. I think it’s great that you were using euphemisms in the quote even though they were going to be bleeped. And yet its funny to me that you slipped and couldn’t use the clip, and that Bryan had to bleep the outtake and explain it to us. Why is it funny? I don’t know.

I liked HotAir’s version of “The View”. Are there any plans for more of them?

Kevin on April 27, 2007 at 3:28 PM

Well it makes me smile!!

Good deal.

MarkB on April 27, 2007 at 4:01 PM

Hey, my pick made the top 5 – what do I win?

Thanks guys, LOL!

Kini on April 27, 2007 at 4:24 PM

Congratulations and many happy, prosperous returns HotAir.

And I have to chime and agree with The Big Old Dog in that I also think “I am John Doe” should definitely be in the fabulous top 5.

In any event keep up the great work!

Webutante

Webutante on April 27, 2007 at 6:34 PM

asc85 on April 27, 2007 at 10:04 AM

No, I am a WHINETH PALTROW Vent fan too…

seejanemom on April 27, 2007 at 11:11 AM

Readymade on April 27, 2007 at 11:16 AM

Yet another voice for Whineth. I still haven’t stopped laughing about that one.

ThanksMo on April 27, 2007 at 7:43 PM

Here’s to many, many moore years of Hot Air on the web!

JG2K6 on April 27, 2007 at 3:21 PM

I’ll drink to that!

Zorro on April 27, 2007 at 9:18 PM

Thanks Brian, Michelle, Allah, Ian, et al…… you all and the contributors to Hot Air make me laugh out loud, cry sometimes, get angry, get motivated, get involved, and just allow me to vent on a daily basis…….

God Bless you ALL…….

PinkyBigglesworth on April 27, 2007 at 10:08 PM

Many Many More YEARS you guys!!!!!!!!
Keep up the great work….

johnnyU on April 27, 2007 at 10:52 PM

Wasn’t that were the backspace key was on the Commodore 64?

- The Cat

P.S. You should all be ashamed of your sexist comments when talking about hot chicks like Michelle and MKH. . oh wait, opps

MirCat on April 27, 2007 at 11:12 PM

Personally, I eagerly await the Mary Katherine versus Michelle “Guitar Hero” showdown.

(I’d throw KP in there, too, but I’m not sure that would be fair. Liberal chicks know how to rock out.)

Blacklake on April 29, 2007 at 12:08 AM

You’re all invited to my place for multiplayer Elite Beat Agents.

saint kansas on April 29, 2007 at 4:21 PM