Quote of the day

posted at 1:47 pm on April 27, 2007 by Allahpundit

“The teacher put up with the treatment for nine months before telling her doctor.”

Update: See-Dub notes below, entirely correctly, that this story is destined to end up as a goofy analogy for the Islamic menace in a Mark Steyn column.

Comments

Whenever I hear “the treatment” I think of Clockwork Orange.

Alex’s mom: “Sshhhhh, it’s the treatment!”

Lehuster on April 27, 2007 at 2:00 PM

A tricky Richard, that one.

KelliD on April 27, 2007 at 2:01 PM

He claimed the woman had invented the entire story about the “treatment”.

Sorry, no one would invent a story that would make themself look that stupid. I don’t know which is more amazing: that he had the stones to think such a story would work, or she was that dumb to believe him. C’mon, there had to be alcohol involved here somewhere.

Mallard T. Drake on April 27, 2007 at 2:01 PM

Book-smarts 1, Common Sense 0.

Graybark on April 27, 2007 at 2:08 PM

He was just taking Bush’s advice!

“Too many good docs are getting out of the business. Too many OB-GYNs aren’t able to practice their love with women all across this country.”

Booooosh!

lorien1973 on April 27, 2007 at 2:09 PM

Lorien…I hate you. :)

I have a hard time buying this, either she’s making it up, or this woman has been severely wronged in life to have been left so clueless.

Bad Candy on April 27, 2007 at 2:12 PM

Mark Steyn metaphor alert! Analogy to appeasement of Syria and taking their claims at face value impacting in five…four..

see-dubya on April 27, 2007 at 2:13 PM

Was the guy’s name Quagmeyer?

journeyscarab on April 27, 2007 at 2:18 PM

heh…

sorry.

Lonevoice on April 27, 2007 at 2:18 PM

This story has to be true because it’s too wierd to even imagine.

Honestly, you have a guy using the oldest trick in the book on a woman who is apparently dumber than a sack of rocks for nine months of “treatment”? At what point did she decide this was wrong?

ANSWER: Probably when she stopped enjoying it.

CliffHanger on April 27, 2007 at 2:19 PM

Ahhh, the old “Ointment Applicator” defense. That’s one for the law school textbooks.

infidel4life on April 27, 2007 at 2:25 PM

Mwahahahah. Too true. Gonna add that as an update.

Allahpundit on April 27, 2007 at 2:29 PM

My wife wouldn’t buy that lame-ass story for one second!

CurtZHP on April 27, 2007 at 2:30 PM

Obviously, this is an allegory of the meeting between Assad and Pelosi. He was blatantly screwing her and she was too stupid to notice.

CurtZHP on April 27, 2007 at 2:31 PM

Was he using Steve Martin’s Penis Cream? I hear it arrives in the mail in a plain brown box that says “NOT PENIS CREAM” in big bold letters across it.

James on April 27, 2007 at 2:36 PM

I’m speechless.

Esthier on April 27, 2007 at 2:40 PM

Allah,
Please remove this post. You are doing a great disservice to those of us who are currently employing this technique in a sincere effort to “cure” our suffering female “patients”.

eagles5 on April 27, 2007 at 2:40 PM

The story sounds plausible to me.

Back in school, I knew a girl that once wondered aloud how the large pieces of ice in the ice chest were made. She admitted that she knew how to make ice, but she wanted to know how you made the ice into shapes that would fit almost perfectly in the tupperware bowls found in most kitchens.

She was quite cute and obviously quite dumb. She must have included a picture with her college application.

rw on April 27, 2007 at 2:42 PM

There may be more to the story –

Swansea Crown Court heard today that Sbano originally told his victim, a woman from Pembrokeshire, west Wales, he was dying of cancer.

He claimed he had been told he had just six months to live and that sex was the only way to alleviate his condition.

As a result the woman, 36, a former teacher in a private school, readily agreed to have sex with him in an effort to relieve his pain.

rw on April 27, 2007 at 3:03 PM

Here’s the correct link.

rw on April 27, 2007 at 3:05 PM

Ha! This proves that God exists. Just like the banana, the penis is perfectly shaped, blah blah blah.

Attila (Pillage Idiot) on April 27, 2007 at 3:10 PM

dammmnit… root beer burns when you laugh it out your nose…

Mazztek on April 27, 2007 at 3:30 PM

I tried that back in college. Worked every time!

Are we to believe that she was stupid enough for that to work, yet she was a teacher? Maybe in the US school system.

stonemeister on April 27, 2007 at 3:36 PM

The lights are on, but nobody’s home.
What a way to get a cheap date.

Kini on April 27, 2007 at 3:37 PM

It rubs the lotion on it’s skin…….

PinkyBigglesworth on April 27, 2007 at 4:04 PM

The horror.

kiakjones on April 27, 2007 at 4:07 PM

Yep, its Friday.

Max Power on April 27, 2007 at 4:42 PM

Gullibility seems capable of conferring a reproductive advantage on both the understanding and the gullible.

Kralizec on April 27, 2007 at 8:02 PM

The trial continues.

The criminal trial, or the penis as ointment applicator trial?

Lehuster on April 27, 2007 at 8:52 PM

UPDATE!Mr.Sbano has requested to represent himself at his trial, and was quoted as saying “I will call my accuser as my first witness to demonstrate the technique to the jury.”

sonnyspats1 on April 27, 2007 at 9:02 PM

Wow… What imagination… All that time I was single I wasted time and money on expensive dinners, flowers and other fluff….. I’m sure I know an OB/GYN… Or at least I could get a name out of the phone book….

I am normally not a blame the victim type… But a teacher fell for this? I’ll go out on a limb and guess the Critical Thinking 101 is not on her syllabus…

darkpixel on April 28, 2007 at 6:27 AM