Audio: Ranger gets emotional about the war

posted at 9:41 am on April 27, 2007 by Allahpundit

Well, alleged Ranger. There’s no way to prove he is who he says he is, but there’s no reason to doubt it, either.

The “traitor” rhetoric is over the top, but good stuff otherwise. Takeaway: “I will finish this job.”

Comments

Why is traitor overdone?

tomas on April 27, 2007 at 9:43 AM

I don’t think we stress the ‘TRAITOR’ enough !

DoctorDentons on April 27, 2007 at 9:44 AM

The feeling of hoplessness does not come from the mission, nor the fallen, but rather those who undermine the fight.

It’s not that they don’t know that they cause these feelings in our servicemen, but that they don’t care. They’re career agenda and possible legacy is more important to them, and, unfortunately, it’s ‘unpolitical’ to corner them on the issue, especially since its the more socialist side.

It’s not over the top. I’ve felt like this off and on.

Ringmaster on April 27, 2007 at 9:49 AM

I might have aggreed with you a few months ago about the traitor rhetoric being over the top, but now I think it describes this lot of Democrats perfectly. They have turned on our soldiers and there will be a reckoning.

Verbal Abuse on April 27, 2007 at 9:50 AM

If you want to create a failure then leave…they will all be unkown soldiers.

tomas on April 27, 2007 at 9:53 AM

…Though I be the lone survivor.
RANGERS LEAD THE WAY

No doubt these are the “Rough Men” that Orwell spoke about.

BohicaTwentyTwo on April 27, 2007 at 9:55 AM

I heard this the other day – very powerful. Can we send copies to Reid, Pelosi, Hagel, etc.? Would they even care…?

You know, we sit here and try to put words together to describe how we feel but nobody expresses it better than a soldier!

Now, if we can just find more effective ways of supporting them and their mission (yes, I am looking in the mirror).

CliffHanger on April 27, 2007 at 10:00 AM

Oh, and use of the word “traitor” is NOT overdone. It’s time to get ugly with those who oppose America’s victory.

CliffHanger on April 27, 2007 at 10:02 AM

Once the first body bag came home, it had to be finished.

This key element is completely lost on the American left and in the Democrat Party. This is why I stand by Bush even now that he’s infuriated me on nearly every issue including execution of the war.

For all his flaws, and there are many, he is the only thing standing between our wonderful Military and self-imposed Democrat-sponsored defeat.

I wish Fred Thompson would go ahead an announce already.

Good Lt on April 27, 2007 at 10:05 AM

The “traitor” rhetoric is over the top

On the contrary, it’s underdone.

amerpundit on April 27, 2007 at 10:14 AM

I promise you this is no shill. His voice as he continued after referring to “a black bag, that I zipped up”, is proof enough for me. Powerful.

THIS is who Americans always have been. In spite of the atrocious media, the indoctrination of the universities, this is who we still are.

Freelancer on April 27, 2007 at 10:19 AM

RANGERS LEAD THE WAY

BohicaTwentyTwo on April 27, 2007 at 9:55 AM

On one of my typical tangents, anyone read Ghost Soldiers, by Hampton Sides? Amazing story about the original Rangers on Bataan.

Tanya on April 27, 2007 at 10:20 AM

You can’t stress traitor too much. Those wormy little politicians that seek to abandon our soldiers, pander to our enemies and serve nothing but their narcissistic needs are beyond despicable. “too much” . . . I think not.

rplat on April 27, 2007 at 10:22 AM

More concerned with flag draped coffins than finishing anything.

CliffHanger on April 27, 2007 at 10:02 AM

Agreed.

Glynn on April 27, 2007 at 10:32 AM

Point One – If I for one minute thought Pelosi and company cared about the military on the ground I might not think of them as traitors. However, their undermining of the war is for one purpose only – their party’s political aspirations.

Point Two – If you think gas prices are high now wait till we pull out and leave the Iraqi army to fend for themselves. Between the insurgency and Iran they don’t stand a chance. I don’t believe Iran’s control of Iraq is in our Nation’s best interest.

SPIFF1669 on April 27, 2007 at 10:39 AM

I cannot claim the use of the word traitor is over done by someone who straps on a helmet and risks his life every day for a year with no guarantee whatsoever that he will be coming home.

csdeven on April 27, 2007 at 10:45 AM

More concerned with flag draped coffins than finishing anything.
Glynn on April 27, 2007 at 10:32 AM

Hear hear! And using said flag draped coffins as the foundation of the insane traitorous Dems quest for increased political power.

csdeven on April 27, 2007 at 10:48 AM

Notice the difference between Boortz with Vic and O’Reilly with Voight. Boortz knew that the best thing he could do was STFU and let Vic say what needed to be said. And besides, he was about to blubber like a little baby himself. I know I can’t hear that and keep my eyes dry.

Just let me do my job. Even if I have to die doing it.

How the hell do you tell that man ‘no’?

The Monster on April 27, 2007 at 11:05 AM

All I can say is wow, that was well spoken!
A hero: someone who just does the job that needs to be done, regardless of the circumstances.

Aylios on April 27, 2007 at 11:07 AM

Very strong stuff. Someone should put together put a video compilation of a bunch of the troop’s messages like this, herd Congress and the MSM into an auditorium, lock the doors and force them to listen and watch what the REAL PEOPLE fighting this war have to say.
Would it change their minds? Maybe some of those on the fence. Hopefully enough to keep the surrender monkeys in check so we can finish the job.

ic1redeye on April 27, 2007 at 11:18 AM

The takeaway for me was more along the lines of “I can’t express how much [the anti-war sentiment] is killing us over there.”

The people in charge think that they know what is best — they don’t seem to understand that their actions are having a direct effect on our soldier’s ability to fight.

Ferris on April 27, 2007 at 11:19 AM

Oh — and by people in charge, I mean the people leading these pullout bills through the legislature… The actual people in charge seem to have the right idea, which is fortunate.

Ferris on April 27, 2007 at 11:20 AM

There was barely a mention of Traitor. AP , what are you thinking?
This should show the ‘losers’ what harm they really do to our troops, let alone how it bolsters the enemy.

This vid should be shown and heard at least once on every major network, if not multiple times. Send it out, folks.

shooter on April 27, 2007 at 11:38 AM

Traitor isn’t over the top, it is spot on.

The Left have betrayed our Country, Constitution and citizens.

Tim Burton on April 27, 2007 at 12:09 PM

The “traitor” rhetoric is over the top, but good stuff otherwise.

Sez you. You’re wrong.

Subsunk

Subsunk on April 27, 2007 at 12:48 PM

Guess I will quote Cicero again

“A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself.”

By the way, I used that quote in a email I sent to Reid, Pelosi, Murtha, Obama, and Durbin.

BobK on April 27, 2007 at 12:54 PM

I was about to send this to my Reps. Because of your negative comments, I’ll have to go to another source. All three are far out liberals who voted for this bill and they’ll probably respond quoting you.

appleann on April 27, 2007 at 12:59 PM

“I have never failed at anything.”

That was previous to a Democrat controlled congress running military operations.

Liberal=failure

Speakup on April 27, 2007 at 1:05 PM

Kaptain Amerika on April 27, 2007 at 1:10 PM

Salute… the Soldiers

(I guess I can’t tag it here… sorry for the blank)

Kaptain Amerika on April 27, 2007 at 1:11 PM

“Traitor” is correct in this usage.

Here’s the rest of Cicero on treason that Bobk’s posted…

“….For the traitor appears not a traitor; he speaks in accents familiar to his victims, and he wears their face and their arguments, he appeals to the baseness that lies deep in the hearts of all men. He rots the soul of a nation, he works secretly and unknown in the night to undermine the pillars of the city, he infects the body politic so that it can no longer resist. A murderer is less to fear.” [Marcus Tullius Cicero]

Especially when they are our elected officials.

georgej on April 27, 2007 at 1:38 PM

So, they’re invested in America’s defeat.

Yeah, better not send them a link to this post. We wouldn’t want them to think they’re hurting America’s cause for political advantage. That just wouldn’t be right.

CliffHanger on April 27, 2007 at 2:29 PM

georgej on April 27, 2007 at 1:38 PM

Too bad that isn’t the legal definition of “Traitor”.

CliffHanger on April 27, 2007 at 2:31 PM

Very articulate for a knuckle dragging Ranger; (I can say that with impunity because I was one in the long ago).

Someone who, according to self-acclaimed 90 day wonder war hero John Kerry, wasn’t smart, didn’t work hard and stay in school so he ended up in Iraq.

I’ve only heard a Ranger speaking anywhere near so emotionally one other time. Damn politicians. Don’t start a war if you aren’t going to finish it.

(Expletive deleted) Democrats don’t realize that if they make us lose this fight in exchange for political power at home, the place that they want to lead will be a hollow shell of it’s present self.

Much of the world may hate us, but they have a wary respect for us. They won’t love us any better if we cut and run. And that wary respect will turn into NO respect. If we do allow the Military to finish the job, then that wary respect will turn into real respect.

Pull out and they will see us as a nation of cowards, and expend their resources to come here and begin regular terror attacks, which will destroy our economy.

Tell me genious Democrats: What is better; Spending a couple of hundred billion dollars to fight islamic terrorists in their territory, or have our multiple trillion dollar economy terrorized and destroyed? Even fools like Reid, Pelosi and Murtha ought to be smart enough to do that arithmatic.

But the Democrats would rather “Reign in Hell than serve in Heaven.

LegendHasIt on April 27, 2007 at 4:28 PM

Listen to courage, honor and love of country in that hero’s voice one more time, and then tell us that the “traitor” rhetoric is over the top HotAir!

DAMN THOSE WHORING-FOR-POWER RATS FOR WHAT THEY’VE DONE TO MY/OUR MILITARY AND COUNTRY!

BURN IN HELL YOU PARASITES!

Teddy on April 27, 2007 at 5:09 PM

Incredible commentary. God bless the rangers and all of our service men and women, fighting for us every day.

Get behind them and let them all come home proud. SUPPORT OUR TROOPS TO VICTORY.

eucher on April 27, 2007 at 5:58 PM

the speaker is obviously a military man….those who have served recognize the passion and respect in his words.

keldog on April 27, 2007 at 7:16 PM

E-mail this to someone, anyone. Make it go “viral” Hit the Digg button… he asked us (or at least Neal Boortz) to get the word out, so do it.

billy on April 27, 2007 at 11:06 PM