Video: Major Eric Egland says “The Troops Need You Now” on Fox

posted at 12:56 pm on April 25, 2007 by Ian

Major Eric Egland appeared on Fox News Live earlier this morning to discuss his book, “The Troops Need You Now.” In his book, Maj Egland gives six ways you can help support the troops from the comfort of your own living room. Between donating online, sending carepackages, and blogging, Maj England has the solution for you.

Michelle interviewed Major Egland at about his book last month at CPAC.

Comments

In Nasiriyah, we had a pin up of Pam Anderson. I suggest our boys in Ramadi will take solice with a cheerleading michelle. I would. =P

Ringmaster on April 25, 2007 at 12:58 PM

Not that I would ever break the rules or anything but somehow, in the care packages my family sent to my son’s Cav outfit, brandy filled chocolates were included by a saboteur.

You name it, the men and women appreciate it! We sent over two black jack and two craps felts, chips, roulette wheel and felt, and enough playing cards to make Vegas proud.

Oh a side note…..test this….when you are driving to work count the number of yellow ribbons on the cars….if you get more then 5 you live in a ‘patriotic’ community.

Lastly, and I’ll shut up, the USO is a great organization. Just something to keep in mind next time you want to open your wallet.

Limerick on April 25, 2007 at 1:27 PM

Here is the best way to support them: Convince the Pentagon to get rid of the restrictive RoEs that kill so many of our soldiers.

Tim Burton on April 25, 2007 at 1:28 PM

All I have to do to be patriotic is put a cliched little yellow ribbon on my car?

I never knew it was so easy to go from a treasonous, anti-American, troop-hating, terrorist supporting fascio-Communist to a red-blooded patriotic American. Maybe I’ll stop by CVS on my way home and make the transition.

Exit Question:
If you see a yellow ribbon on a hybrid right beside a Darwin fish do they cancel each other out? Do you still count them as patriotic?

JaHerer22 on April 25, 2007 at 1:44 PM

Exit Question:

JaHerer22 on April 25, 2007 at 1:44 PM

I like how you slander one view, then act righteous like you’re under attack right after it. It’s funny.

Ringmaster on April 25, 2007 at 1:48 PM

TheBigOldDog on April 25, 2007 at 1:49 PM

JaHerer22 on April 25, 2007 at 1:44 PM

You couldn’t have made another statement that would have pointed out the difference between us better Jaherer…..
To me that yellow ribbon is flesh and blood. Not just my son’s but every son and daughter serving. To you it just represents a ‘cliche’, a quaint notion of some kind of ‘nonsense’.

Here is to you JaHerer……thank you for being on the ‘cliche’ side of the fence. With allies like you your side is bound to do great things.

Limerick on April 25, 2007 at 2:25 PM

For some reason JaHerer22’s comments bring this scene to my mind.

DCA on April 25, 2007 at 3:01 PM

I love the idea of a slurpee machine,

Never underestimate the moral a slurpee machine can bring…

When I was in Saudi for Operation Southern Watch, my squadron brought over a slurpee machine (for mix we used Gatorade) and sold them for 25 cents.

That machine was a big hit to everyone on the flight-line (including the SP’s at the checkpoints). We had people from every squadron come over to buy slurpees.

F15Mech on April 25, 2007 at 3:06 PM

Limerick: excellent idea. I’ve been using American Snipers (formerly adoptasniper.org), Soldiersangels, and PizzaIDF, but the idea of poker sets is an excellent gift for squads. Just like PizzaIDF you can help out entire groups, rather than one soldier at a time.

JaHerer, thanks for trolling. I feel better every time a leftist goes off his nut because some people support their country and have no desire to participate in genocide. While I don’t think that Glenn Reynolds would put a Darwin fish on his car (he’s looking hard at a Hybrid), there are lots of people who share his views. I’m not enthused about hybrids thanks to what I know about the batteries and I think that nukes for Alberta tar sands projects is a much better way of destroying the Saudi and Venezuelan economies, but I definitely fit that mold.

libertarianuberalles on April 25, 2007 at 3:08 PM

D’OH

moral = morale

is the preview function ready yet?

F15Mech on April 25, 2007 at 3:09 PM

Another great link for helping out

For Christmas, my office put together some boxes and so did my family. Besides giving you a great feeling, it’s a lot of fun.

Glynn on April 25, 2007 at 4:06 PM

For all you JaHerer’s out there…just incase you are wondering who the hell drives that pick-up in front of you here is a clue……ME (and a few million others like me)

Limerick on April 25, 2007 at 4:13 PM

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAA whew.

Enrique on April 25, 2007 at 4:44 PM

Limerick, love the truck!
I saw this interview myself and thought it was a great thing. Yes, the USO is also a great organization. And JaHerer and all you other Hybrid lovers-I left that Toyota Highlander Hybrid that my hubby insisted we get in Hawaii. It didn’t get the promised gas mileage and didn’t like the way it ran. Also, left me stranded three times in various places while hubby was in the sandbox. So, you can drive the hybrid with your Darwin fish & yellow magnet. I don’t think anyone would care but leftists like yourself who have to make a big deal out of stuff.

Catie96706 on April 25, 2007 at 5:09 PM

Wait wait wait. You mean that war is a national effort?!! How can this be? I thought the highest form of patriotism was for me to protest it?

/s

– The Cat

MirCat on April 25, 2007 at 5:27 PM

I’m not sure how Limerick can see out the back window of his truck.
I know I enjoyed receiving Tabasco sauce while away from home ( circa 1969-1971 ). And cans of jalapenos was nice.
My mother sent me cans of corn tortillas. I don’t know if you can even get canned tortillas anymore, but they were great!
And we all loved new socks….at least back in the old
days…haha…I doubt things like that have changed.
mmmm…Wolf Brand Chili comes to mind…I bet some of the troops would feast on that stuff. Geeeeze, I must be gettin hungry myself. And that’s not “hillary-speak”.

gary on April 25, 2007 at 5:36 PM

We need a LOT more sacrifice than blogging. There is NO doubt they do great things but soldiers are not politicians, marking or advertising executives for the war. IN FACT they really are not allowed to say anything.

HOWEVER we should help them and will they need a LOT of help AFTER the war, broken families, depression, serious life long altering injuries and so on. The HIDDEN cost to america is the broken lives of the soldiers and their families that will suffer privately for decades. NEXT TIME “The Decider” WANTS TO GO INTO A NATION, WE HAVE NO BUSINESS ATTACKING AND INVADING, WE MIGHT THINK TWICE AND NOT BELEIVE EVERY THING THEY SAY? Duuh Doha you think?

gmcjetpilot on April 25, 2007 at 7:33 PM

Limerick,

You are the man…God bless and keep you Sir………

Rock on…………

doriangrey on April 25, 2007 at 7:59 PM

JaHerer22 on April 25, 2007 at 1:44 PM

It’s not, idiot, you are still a treasonous, anti-American, troop-hating, terrorist supporting fascio-Communitst. And will always be….. happy now?

PinkyBigglesworth on April 25, 2007 at 10:08 PM

JaHerer22 on April 25, 2007 at 1:44 PM

It’s the beginning of a public display of patriotic support for this country. You don’t HAVE to put a yellow ribbon on your car, but instead of disparaging those who do, couldn’t you agree that doing something more substantial is a good thing too? You seem to think that people who put ribbons on their cars do nothing else to support the troops. It sounds to me like you do nothing for the troops, NOT EVEN something as simple as putting a yellow ribbon on your car.

csdeven on April 25, 2007 at 11:18 PM

gmcjetpilot on April 25, 2007 at 7:33 PM

“The Decider” WANTS TO GO INTO A NATION,

F15Mech on April 25, 2007 at 11:45 PM

gmcjetpilot on April 25, 2007 at 7:33 PM

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again. I wanted the U.S. to finish the job the first time around and felt that not going all the way into Bagdad was a mistake. So all of you’re blah blah about believing Bush is moot.

– The Cat

P.S. Type slower, think longer, grammer better.

MirCat on April 26, 2007 at 3:57 AM

gmcjetpilot on April 25, 2007 at 7:33 PM

Stop projecting. Just because you only use the suffering of our soldiers and their families as your pet project of the month doesn’t mean the rest of us are not keenly aware of it every time we think about the troops. It is these thoughts that stir us to the unfailing support for the troops and their mission and why we condemn the utterly disgusting ideas that you, JaHerer22, Reid, Pelosi et al spew forth from those vile sewers you call mouths on a daily basis.

csdeven on April 26, 2007 at 8:53 AM