Rosie makes it official: “The View” now to be Truther-free; Update: Video added

posted at 11:28 am on April 25, 2007 by Allahpundit

I’ve got video coming from the show and of Trump reacting on Fox News, but it’ll be a little while. In the meantime, the question of the hour: who’s going to replace her? Slublog suggested Saran Sarandon but I think this is below her pay grade. Tanya suggested Shannen Doherty, but one willowy Republican babe on the show is probably all they’re budgeted for. God help me, but I think Unstable Mable might be irreplaceable.

I’m going to go put on “Plastic Ono Band” and rock back and forth while I try to pretend this isn’t happening. Thank heavens I’m on vacation next week. I need the recuperation time.

Update: Oh god, no. Please, no.

Update: Oh dear god. NO.

cho1.jpg

Update: Here’s the vid. It’s low key except for where Rosie wipes some snot or spittle or something off Barbara’s face. The good news? She’ll be guest-hosting frequently next year. Or rather, she thinks she’ll be guest-hosting frequently. I bet Barbara’s already had the name plate on her office door changed.

Her image fades but the poetry remains, my friends. Rupert Murdoch as Mr. Freeze and Rosie as Batman, punctuated by a plaintive, poignant “WTF!!!!!!!”? What dulcet sounds are these?

Update: Here’s the Trump video from Fox News this morning. It’s the standard “Rosie’s a smelly pig who’ll fail in everything she does” bit, but it’s like Chapelle doing Rick James — no matter how many times you hear it, it’s still gold.

Comments

IMHO, if o’donnell hadn’t left the view, that show would have lost what little credibility it had left, which wasn’t much.

todd76705

todd76705 on April 25, 2007 at 4:28 PM

They should recruit Michelle Malkin.

Anil Petra on April 25, 2007 at 1:23 PM

They should get the boss on there. Now THAT would be a show.

Mojave Mark on April 25, 2007 at 2:58 PM

Howie Carr is pushing for Michelle on the air now.

TheBigOldDog on April 25, 2007 at 4:04 PM

Frankly, I can not think of anything bad that Michelle has done that would deserve this kind of proposed mistreatment of her.

CyberCipher on April 25, 2007 at 4:32 PM

Let’s put a man on the view. Olby or Alec Baldwin.

Why bring up Olby or Alec? What do they have to do with men?

Kensington on April 25, 2007 at 4:35 PM

Do not let the door hit you on the way out. Thanks. Oh, and don’t steal any of our stuff, ok Ro?

CrimsonFisted on April 25, 2007 at 4:56 PM

Rosie announces she’s leaving “The View” and the Dow closes above 13,000 for the first time in history. Coincidence? You decide.

Blacklake on April 25, 2007 at 4:59 PM

Howie Carr is pushing for Michelle on the air now.

TheBigOldDog on April 25, 2007 at 4:04 PM

Howie Carr…. Boston’s baaaaad boy! “How many more Mistah Speakah?! How many more?!”

MrC_5150 on April 25, 2007 at 4:59 PM

Ching chong ching chong Rosie fired ching chong The View.

– The Cat

MirCat on April 25, 2007 at 5:09 PM

The view’s ratings are going to tank now. Watching that show just for Rosie’s lunacy is kinda like watching a a hockey game for the fights or NASCAR for the wrecks. Her leaving The View is like posting a 55mph speed limit at Darlington.

crosspatch on April 25, 2007 at 5:20 PM

How about Tammy Faye Baker!!!!!

RobG on April 25, 2007 at 5:27 PM

They should recruit Michelle Malkin.

Anil Petra on April 25, 2007 at 1:23 PM

They should get the boss on there. Now THAT would be a show.

Mojave Mark on April 25, 2007 at 2:58 PM

Howie Carr is pushing for Michelle on the air now.

TheBigOldDog on April 25, 2007 at 4:04 PM

CyberCipher on April 25, 2007 at 4:32 PM

That cheerleading outfit comes close.

Anil Petra on April 25, 2007 at 5:52 PM

Has anyone mentioned LaShawn Barber? The audience is mostly women. Might get mighty interesting having a black female conservative on the show. Also might be a good role model for young black women too.

crosspatch on April 25, 2007 at 6:00 PM

Just accept it. Garofalo is inevitable. Although if they really smart they would get Amy Sedaris, who is attractive, funny, and apparently not batsh*t crazy (at least not in a political way.)

WasatchMan on April 25, 2007 at 6:16 PM

rosie replaced star jones. it seems that seat is destined for an obnoxious fat person. i’d be garofalo or someone will be there next.

unless michelle wants to put on 100 or so pounds, that is. will she take one for the team? :P

lorien1973 on April 25, 2007 at 6:24 PM

“it seems that seat is destined for an obnoxious fat person”

Yeah, that “seat” is probably reserved for someone the majority of the audience can personally relate to.

crosspatch on April 25, 2007 at 6:48 PM

Rosanne Barr seems like a natural. I think some of Rosie O’s first sucess could have been due to her fitting the Rosanne mold. Rosanne the other white meat.

sonnyspats1 on April 25, 2007 at 7:12 PM

How about Ann Coulter or the conservative woman who played the wife from Everyone On Loves Raymond TV show. There is the lady Megan Mullally.

gmcjetpilot on April 25, 2007 at 7:49 PM

I vote Margaret Cho, I would pay good money to see that train wreck.

Dash on April 25, 2007 at 8:27 PM

I don’t care who replaces Rosie, she is a pervert and a vile mentally deranged individual thank god she got the boot………

Rock on……………………………….

doriangrey on April 25, 2007 at 9:22 PM

Oink! Snort! aaaaaaa-by-by! My fondest wish is that I never ever see this piece of human garbage again.

NEMETI IN SYRACUSE on April 25, 2007 at 10:44 PM

I say Margaret Cho. She could do the “Ching Chong” bit all day long and nobody could say a word against it.

GoodBoy on April 25, 2007 at 11:03 PM

Rosie O’Donnell has more chins than a Chinese phone book. That said,The View Without A Clue has no intention on putting a real conservative woman on there, one that can stand up to the lefty bullies.

pdigaudio on April 26, 2007 at 1:09 AM

“Two more than yesterday. Thanks! You wanna have lunch?”

Hilarious. Nice to see some humor from Elizabeth.

Tanya on April 26, 2007 at 11:26 AM

they should replace her with Kathy Griffin, no doubt. she’s far left like Rosie, but at least she’s funny.

sarahk on April 26, 2007 at 11:35 AM

Suggest AP brushes up on the 5 stages of grief.

First is denial, then anger, bargaining, depression and finally acceptance (I think this is right).

Perhaps a support group…

honora on April 26, 2007 at 12:42 PM

Steady … a local radio show reported today that there are already syndicators ready to give Rosie O’Donut her own one hour talk show to shower us with her superior intellect.

Superior to what? Other than maybe Sheryl Crow and The Olbertard, I can’t think of anything. But some syndicator must think there’s an audience for her shrill squawkings.

pdigaudio on April 27, 2007 at 1:01 AM